I figured I'd start an "official" thread about this, since there really is no definitive information about FSB's that have been or were (in some instances still are) used across the US by Police, EMS & Federal agencies, etc.
Use this thread as the definitive source and/or info gathering about these rare and special equipped Broncos.
Some have come into the hands of private ownership, while others are still currently in use today at their specific agencies.
These trucks could have been used by the following Agencies:
Police (marked & unmarked)
Federal (FBI, DEA, Border Patrol, etc)
If you live in an area that still "employs" such an FSB, PLEASE get any pics of the truck and post them here! If you have the time to inquire about it, see if the Agency will allow you to get any info about it and post that info too.
If you OWN one of these rare breeds of FSB's:
1) Please take a pic of your VCL decal (this is the large white decal that is affixed to either the driver's door OR the driver side B-pillar w/ door open). It's quite possible the VCL contains a special "DSO" order code. This code would be a designator for a Fleet/Agency order Bronco.
2) Please post up any pictures of your Agency Bronco and how you acquired it. If it was purchased via a Public auction, Dealer, Fleet sale or Agency Auction, etc., please put that info in this thread.
3) If your Agency Bronco was (or still is) equipped with ANY of it's prior Agency electronics equipment (radio gear, spotlights, overhead lights, wig-wags, antenna's, special interior equip/or lighting, etc) please also post up that information (and or document it via pics).
4) If your Agency Bronco was equipped with any exterior hardware (such as brush guards, push bars, lift kits, reinforced bumpers, etc), please note that information.
5) If you know or were told where your Bronco originally "served" and what it's duties were, please post that info as well.
6) If you found anything out of the ordinary inside of such a Bronco when you acquired it, post any such info as well.
This thread should hopefully grow and eventually contain LOTS of info & pics about these hard to find rigs, more so as the years pass. Hopefully it will turn into the definitive thread that can capture all the unanswered info that some folks seek about an Agency specific Bronco.
Post up fellas - I know some of you have one of these rigs!