Your Junkyard Finds! - Page 20 - Ford Bronco Forum
 328Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 471 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 01:36 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: Brick Nose on 15x10s/32s with leveling coils
Cab chassis econolines have those also. And the newer Triton engines use a remote resvour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Addicted to Junk

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67galax View Post
last saturday they were also cutting up an F250 4x4. I asked the guy wielding the torch if he could cut out the rear, front leaf spring brackets. Here they are:

several minutes with an angle grinder will get them separated, and then I can return the leftovers back to the junkyard.
I had to chop on of those up to get that D60 out... bolt was rusted to the bushing sleeve. Cutting the back side was fun...

Wouldn't think those would be worth the trouble, except in your case, since they were chopping it up already. I'm still cussing myself for not saving the sterling out of my F350 while they had it upside down chopping the d60 out with a torch.

309ci inline 6, 9.75:1 CR, Big Valves, ROLLER ROCKERS, Clifford intake and headers, Schneider 140H cam, DUI HEI ignition, 450 QFT 4bbl carb, Saginaw swap, FlowKooler water pump, Steel timing gears, 2.5in y-pipe into a single 3in cat and borla muffler.
post #383 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 04:32 PM

Bronco Info: '92 Custom
Garage
I found a couple of the alternative Chevy Saginaw pump types today. A '99 S10 had the asymetrical offset type...I'm not convinced it actually pushes the reservoir cap over much, as the offset just replaces the typical filler neck angle. Plus, it was plastic at least on that example, so I decided it wasn't worth the trouble of pulling.

I also found the long tube & metal dipstick variety on a few S-trucks and Jimmys. I pulled one off the former, but there was no badging or door / door sticker to be sure exactly what model or year. (Edit: I forgot, it did have an insurance window sticker that said '98 S-Series.) Of note, the long tube does spin freely (it just inserts into a thick foam grommet), so it can be rotated out of the way. It has a tab welded onto the neck that bolts to the A/C bracket. That'll make it easy to fab an extension to bolt up elsewhere for support.

That variety of Saginaw setup is a significant PITA to remove. In addition to the three bolts that connect it to the accessory bracket, it's also bolted to a bracket in back that bolts to the engine in two places. None of the three bolts are easy to get to, so pick your poison how you want to attack it.
BigBlue 94 likes this.

'92 Bronco Build Thread - '95 MAF 5.0, H5 axle code, York OBA, 3G alt, custom jump seat console, flomaster steps/sliders.
http://www.supermotors.net/28006
post #384 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT currently motorless, ZF5 trans, sitting on old 33's
Garage
There's a late 80s/early 90s crown vic or mercury that someone had pulled to front clip off of. Still had the 5.0 intact. I decided to start tearing down the front of the eninge, thinking I could get lucky and take out all the water pump/timing cover bolts without breaking them, and I did. Then I considered getting the timing cover, but didn't have a puller with me to get the balancer off. Maybe next time. Seemed odd to me that it had a cast iron water pump. The timing cover looked like it was in really good shape. Wonder if I could use it to replace the one on my 96?

I also took the shifter assembly off of one of those BW1354 transfer cases in the engine pile. I actually took the linkage from both of them, but the shifter bracket and giant pivot bolt off of one. Not sure if it was an AOD or C6. I'm sure the linkage would tell me, but I didn't look. The huge bolt on the E4OD was bent, or I would have taken it too.

It's Hard To Beat A Good Sandwich
post #385 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 XLT, 2.5 inch Rough Country Lift, 33" BFG's, Ranch Extended R/A's, Punisher Valve Body.
Quote:
There's a late 80s/early 90s crown vic or mercury that someone had pulled to front clip off of. Still had the 5.0 intact. I decided to start tearing down the front of the eninge, thinking I could get lucky and take out all the water pump/timing cover bolts without breaking them, and I did. Then I considered getting the timing cover, but didn't have a puller with me to get the balancer off. Maybe next time. Seemed odd to me that it had a cast iron water pump. The timing cover looked like it was in really good shape. Wonder if I could use it to replace the one on my 96?

I also took the shifter assembly off of one of those BW1354 transfer cases in the engine pile. I actually took the linkage from both of them, but the shifter bracket and giant pivot bolt off of one. Not sure if it was an AOD or C6. I'm sure the linkage would tell me, but I didn't look. The huge bolt on the E4OD was bent, or I would have taken it too.
you pretty much need to use a 96' timing cover because of the crank position sensor for OBD2, its mounted on the timing cover
GetBent4x4 likes this.

No bum that can't speak poifect English oughta stay in this country...oughta be de-exported the hell outta here!"

-Archie Bunker

bron·co/ˈbräNGkō/
Noun:
A wild or half-tamed horse, esp. of the western US.
post #386 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScatt View Post
you pretty much need to use a 96' timing cover because of the crank position sensor for OBD2, its mounted on the timing cover
*edited after I went and looked at my truck.

the 96 351 has the crank sensor bolted to a spot on the timing cover

The ones on Rockauto all appear to have this bolt hole as well, and some list fitting all the way back to 87 Crown Vics, so maybe that one will work for me.

Maybe all the fuel injected timing covers are the same?
GetBent4x4 likes this.

post #387 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 03:53 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 XLT, 2.5 inch Rough Country Lift, 33" BFG's, Ranch Extended R/A's, Punisher Valve Body.
Quote:
*edited after I went and looked at my truck.

the 96 351 has the crank sensor bolted to a spot on the timing cover

The ones on Rockauto all appear to have this bolt hole as well, and some list fitting all the way back to 87 Crown Vics, so maybe that one will work for me.

Maybe all the fuel injected timing covers are the same?
Those two holes are drilled and tapped into the housing so I doubt a used pre 96 cover would have them, my 95 5.8 doesn't have those holes however an aftermarket cover would probably have them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file-11.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	348.2 KB
ID:	142092  

No bum that can't speak poifect English oughta stay in this country...oughta be de-exported the hell outta here!"

-Archie Bunker

bron·co/ˈbräNGkō/
Noun:
A wild or half-tamed horse, esp. of the western US.
post #388 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 11:03 PM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT "Babe the Blue Ox"/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
The EEC-II/EEC-III timing cover was completely different, but I wonder if the damper reluctor ring is the same? The reluctor tooth you can see in the pic looks very close. Does that reluctor ring have four lobes? Because I want to do EEC-V on Babe's 1979 351W, and if the damper/reluctor is the same design, I won't have to replace the damper...just the timing cover.

LINK??? Link yourself down to Walmart!
post #389 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Addicted to Junk

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
@67galax I have a question for you.

When I was picking on that 4dr 67 galaxie I noticed the wing windows crank open. Have you ever been inside that mechanism before? Could it be adapted to a bronco? With the right know-how and modifications I would think it could

309ci inline 6, 9.75:1 CR, Big Valves, ROLLER ROCKERS, Clifford intake and headers, Schneider 140H cam, DUI HEI ignition, 450 QFT 4bbl carb, Saginaw swap, FlowKooler water pump, Steel timing gears, 2.5in y-pipe into a single 3in cat and borla muffler.
post #390 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Ford-a-Holic

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie-Bauer 5.8/1974 Bronco 351C
You would need to use the whole assembly as the regulator mounts to the vent window and the arm/shaft/pivot for the vent window slides into the top of the regulator. Think it might be a fair amount of work to try and make them work....

....They're still worth a few buck though, so you may want to pull 'em.
BigBlue 94 likes this.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years

MY BUILD THREAD
post #391 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Addicted to Junk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajoe View Post
You would need to use the whole assembly as the regulator mounts to the vent window and the arm/shaft/pivot for the vent window slides into the top of the regulator. Think it might be a fair amount of work to try and make them work....

....They're still worth a few buck though, so you may want to pull 'em.
Not sure if it's even still there, as it's never been listed on their website inventory...

I was envisioning grafting my vent window frame on to the regulator. Looks like if I just take that pivot shaft off the old frame and weld it to mine.

I do appreciate the pics. I can at least see the shape and size. I think it'd be a cool unique mod. With no AC, I use my wing vents alot
67galax and cobrajoe like this.

post #392 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue 94 View Post
Not sure if it's even still there, as it's never been listed on their website inventory...

I was envisioning grafting my vent window frame on to the regulator. Looks like if I just take that pivot shaft off the old frame and weld it to mine.

I do appreciate the pics. I can at least see the shape and size. I think it'd be a cool unique mod. With no AC, I use my wing vents alot
sorry I'm late to the game. Looks like you've found your answer. Out of all the 67 fords I had, I never really messed with those. I did think they were neat, those tiny little cranks.
BigBlue 94 likes this.

post #393 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:12 PM
Addicted to Junk

Garage
Made it to two yards today, saw some neat stuff. Also had the tornado sirens going off at one point lol.

I found a 4th type of 4.9L/7.5L inlet duct.. this one has a hot air choke provision and a VERY restrictive part upstream of that. Was on an 87 f150 with a 300. You can see the hot air scavenger on the exhaust manifold in the background. I didnt pull this P.O.S.

And then a 90s E150 with shorty headers! Rock-on van guy! Sag is still there if someone wants it. Winner road pick n pull in KCMO. There is also a 460 sag serpentine setup there too.

Made it to the way back where the ol 67 galaxie is, and found someone had seriously scrounged on it since I was last there. The 302 was gone, as were the window cranks and the vent window cranks (damnit!)

But I did score the regulators for the vent windows! They weren't too hard to get out, once i found all the screws. I left the whole frame and glass assembly and just took what you see here.

Also got this standard rotation flex fan and WP pulley off a 300.

Nearby was a totalled 90s f350 CnC. It looked like it hit a train head on. The turbo housing was broke off. The transmission (zf5 2wd) was not in line with the engine. Whoever was driving had two broken legs I'm sure. Found me a wall hanger on the bed. This is (obviously) an old one as they've had a location in Topeka for a number of years.

67galax likes this.

post #394 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
I went today over lunch. No new fords. But I went back and got another look at that crown vic I was thinking of pulling the timing cover from. Sure enough, no provision for a crank sensor, as @JScatt said.

I did pick up the double serpentine crank pulley, thinking maybe I could use it to run a York OBA. When I got it home I compared it to the one from my 96, and, of course, they don't line up either.

I suppose its a dumb idea to make a pulley spacer to align the two-belt pulley to work with my 96 and have that extra set of grooves for a second serpentine belt for an OBA compressor?

post #395 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 12:02 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: Brick Nose on 15x10s/32s with leveling coils
What is the different types of 300/460 air intake tubes? they are the same from 88-96/97 correct?

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ir-intake.html

Last edited by GetBent4x4; 09-13-2019 at 12:07 AM.
post #396 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 02:28 AM

Bronco Info: '92 Custom
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBent4x4 View Post
What is the different types of 300/460 air intake tubes?
Two typical types, smooth walled and accordion section. Pretty much identical in shape other than that. I think the smooth walled one comes without the bracket to bolt to the radiator core support.

'92 Bronco Build Thread - '95 MAF 5.0, H5 axle code, York OBA, 3G alt, custom jump seat console, flomaster steps/sliders.
http://www.supermotors.net/28006
post #397 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:10 AM
Addicted to Junk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBent4x4 View Post
What is the different types of 300/460 air intake tubes? they are the same from 88-96/97 correct?

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ir-intake.html
I've now seen 4 types.

The one above with the hot air choke. It was on an 87. Pic for posterity

Then they went to a one-piece design in, I believe, 88. That was the accordion one. Like this

Somewhere around 90, they went to the smooth style. In 92 there was a change I havent figured out. In 93, they added a small indentation for clearance on the bottom side. Since these arent accordion style, they dont need the brace at the core support.

Right before the bend into the airbox, on the 'southern' edge is where the indentation is. F3 part is on top, F2 is on bottom. Otherwise, these two are identical.

67galax and fodder like this.

post #398 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 07:15 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Went back again today to look at the bigger trucks and see if I could find a serpentine york. No luck. I did find a similar air compressor as the one I found on the industrial 300. This one was on a cat diesel in a ford 8000.

I also found this weird 70s/80s motorhome. Not the classic GM motorhome with the Toronado V8, but it was powered by a GM engine. It had a York 210 with a dual V-belt setup.

Its a partial 'cab over' design, like a van, so it will be a chore to remove it if I decide I need it. But, its been under a hood the whole time as opposed to the other York 210 thats on a 5cyl Mercedes diesel on the other side of the yard.

One other thing that got me more interested were these horns

I reached around back to find the nuts/bolts that were holding them on to find that they are air powered. I followed the tube under the vehicle, but gave up when I decided I'd probably dirty up my work clothes crawling underneath. I'll certainly find the source of compressed air on this motorhome tomorrow.
BigBlue 94 likes this.

post #399 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 01:52 AM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT "Babe the Blue Ox"/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
We need a pic of the motorhome so we can ID the rig. If it had air brakes, you'd see an air compressor on it also. But I'm willing to bet there's no air tank, just a stand-alone air mover that blows the horns. They don't need pressure to blow, just volume.

LINK??? Link yourself down to Walmart!
post #400 of 471 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 12:37 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
We need a pic of the motorhome so we can ID the rig. If it had air brakes, you'd see an air compressor on it also. But I'm willing to bet there's no air tank, just a stand-alone air mover that blows the horns. They don't need pressure to blow, just volume.
Here's the far away:

If you can't see the name, it says Itasca Spectrum. ???

I got the horns, and lying down under the truck, I pulled on the hose that fed them. It came off in my hand from I don't know where. Didn't feel like spending a load of time underneath it looking for where it came from.

I did see a big propane or CNG tank on the driver's side. On the passenger side, behind a door I pried open was this:

Not sure if it would be worth trying to get out, if it works, or what they'd charge me if I brought it up front.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode