House of Windsor 4ever!
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Everett, WA
Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT "Babe the Blue Ox"/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
When I replaced the T/G regulator I had bought a new felt, but the rubber pieces, when installed, weren't doing a good job keeping the water out of the tailgate. So I broke out the soap and water, thoroughly cleaned the rubber pieces and the T/G shell near them, then sealed them to the shell and the new felt with black RTV silicone. After that, the water was very minimal, but I still got a little seepage around the inner cover. So I used some camper tape and a piece of thick plastic sheet cut to fit the opening, and installed them to seal the cover. No more internal leaks. Last thing I did after that was put 5 pounds of quick lime (dolomite lime) in a sack and put it inside the back. In a few days, the carpeting and underlay mat were fairly dried out.
Link yourself down to Walmart!