Doug DeMuro reviews a 1996 Bronco - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:15 PM

Bronco Info: 83 Bronco 302/C6, 3.55 Posi F&R
Garage
I generally like Doug's videos. I think he's usually pretty funny. Having just become a Bronco owner I'm in no position to judge this video.

1983 Bronco 302 paired with a C6; 3.55 gears limited slip front and rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 06:44 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 5.0 5-speed
I tried to watch his vid but couldn't even make it half way thru, guy is a grade A D-Bag

96 Bronco 5.0
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:49 AM

Bronco Info: '92 Custom
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMaster View Post
I tried to watch his vid but couldn't even make it half way thru, guy is a grade A D-Bag
That seems a bit extreme. Annoying, sure, but I can think of many people much more deserving of the D-Bag label, so unless your grading scale goes higher than "A"...?

'92 Bronco Build Thread - '95 MAF 5.0, H5 axle code, York OBA, 3G alt, custom jump seat console, flomaster steps/sliders.
http://www.supermotors.net/28006
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:59 AM

Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco Custom Trim - 302 Stock - E4OD Transmission
Grade C D-Bag. He's not even worth thinking about. He appeals to people who really don't know much about specific vehicles because he doesn't know what he's saying about anything.

You may not realize he's blowing smoke up your ass until he "reviews" a vehicle you're intimately familiar with and can immediately realize he's saying a bunch of nonsense that sounds like it might mean something if you haven't been within 5 feet of such a vehicle in a long time. Subjectively, he has terrible taste in vehicles and trashes anything that isn't the highest speed lowest drag model regardless of whether that vehicle was ever trying to be in that segment of the market.

Pretty much every auto journo is obsessed with everything being high speed low drag and every car has to have uncomfortable "race" seats with twitchy steering and a "sport" suspension in order for them to not call it a dud model. Then all those auto journos the manufacturers flew out go back to LA and San Fran and Uber everywhere in priuses.

1993 Ford Bronco Custom Trim w/ 302 V8
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollux View Post
Grade C D-Bag. He's not even worth thinking about. He appeals to people who really don't know much about specific vehicles because he doesn't know what he's saying about anything.

You may not realize he's blowing smoke up your ass until he "reviews" a vehicle you're intimately familiar with and can immediately realize he's saying a bunch of nonsense that sounds like it might mean something if you haven't been within 5 feet of such a vehicle in a long time. Subjectively, he has terrible taste in vehicles and trashes anything that isn't the highest speed lowest drag model regardless of whether that vehicle was ever trying to be in that segment of the market.
I disagree. He never claims to be an expert. He makes these videos to be informative (showing people features on cars they may have never heard of or seen) and to be entertaining. If you dislike him that much then don't watch. As for his "taste in vehicles" he reviews everything from Buick Grand National, Hummer H1, Hybrids, sedans and of course super cars.

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco Custom Trim - 302 Stock - E4OD Transmission
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedg View Post
I disagree. He never claims to be an expert.
Same argument comedians have used for the past 20 years when they use their "comedy" to push political messages and commentary. If anyone calls them out on it their defense is "just a comedy routine bro". AKA the Jon Stewart defense. He publishes the videos as reviews, people take those reviews seriously.

1993 Ford Bronco Custom Trim w/ 302 V8
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT, 351W, E4OD/BW1356, BFG 33x12.5 KM2
At least he gave it a shot.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollux View Post
Same argument comedians have used for the past 20 years when they use their "comedy" to push political messages and commentary. If anyone calls them out on it their defense is "just a comedy routine bro". AKA the Jon Stewart defense. He publishes the videos as reviews, people take those reviews seriously.
I agree with this 100%. If I watch comedy, I don't want to hear about their dislike of the president or their thoughts on any number of political/social issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode