07 Silverado 3500 cc lb 6.0
66 buick gs 401 nailhead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
ive actually got high hopes for ford after seeing a new explorer
What was it about the Explorer that's got your hopes up for Ford?
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:47 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 xlt 302 aod aka ronco
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesNotHere44 View Post
What was it about the Explorer that's got your hopes up for Ford?
400 hp tt v6 rwd/4wd. seems like the right direction. tired of fwd station wagons being called suvs.

90 xlt bronco 302 aod (ronco)
07 Silverado 3500 cc lb 6.0
66 buick gs 401 nailhead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:32 PM

Bronco Info: 83 Bronco 302/C6, 3.55 Posi F&R
Garage
I don't think I'm a fan.

1983 Bronco 302 paired with a C6; 3.55 gears limited slip front and rear
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

So Motor Trend wrote this article that maps out what Ford's plans are for the Bronco and it's interesting to say the least. They also touch on what they want to do with the Mustang and Ranger.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford...ustang-bronco/

Quote:
Welcome Back, Bronco

The other big name to leverage: Bronco. The return of the rugged SUV (rendered below) has been generating buzz for a couple years even though it does not go on sale until next year and has not yet been shown.

The design has been finalized. The Bronco, which shares underpinnings with the Ford Ranger midsize pickup, will be offered with a choice of two or four doors, and rear- or all-wheel drive. Like the Jeep Wrangler, the doors and roof are removable and can be cleverly stashed in the cargo hold. The side mirrors are attached to the windshield frame so they stay in place when the doors are removed. There will be a spare tire in the back and giant letters spelling Bronco across the front.

In terms of powertrains, educated guesses include the 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and perhaps the 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 as the top-spec engine. Ford's 10-speed automatic transmission is expected, and enthusiasts would love the option of a seven-speed manual. There will also be a Bronco hybrid.

Baby Bronco

To broaden the Bronco family, there is a front- and all-wheel-drive compact crossover coming that shares some of Bronco's rugged good looks and is also due by 2020. Like the Escape, it is car-based, but while the Escape was designed to be an urban utility vehicle, the "baby Bronco" will have some off-road chops with the necessary approach, departure, and breakover angles, as well as Terrain Management. It will also have hybrid options.

The smaller crossover (rendered above) won't be a shrunken Bronco, but the unibody crossover will share some design cues. And it could have Bronco as part of its name: Think Rogue and Rogue Sport, and Discovery and Discovery Sport.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:11 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco XLT 5.8L 4" Dick Cepek stage2 lift 33x12.5x15 4.10s True Trac
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedg View Post
I don't think I'm a fan.
I won't know until I see it.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASSTY View Post
I won't know until I see it.
Same here although the bigger Bronco model in the background from the dealer event was a positive.

Of course, very few details could be gathered from it.

Where we might be let down is with the smaller one. Looking at baby Bronco spy shots like the ones below (went live today), it's clear what this will be. That is a Jeep Renegade type of product, a model not well received by most Jeep enthusiasts, neither by regular people looking for a compact SUV that aren't enthusiasts. If Ford hopes to convince us, actual Bronco enthusiasts, then the bigger Bronco has to be drastically different.

Reported observations of the baby Bronco
  • boxy design and slab-sided bodywork
  • squared off, distinctive front fascia with black grille and "FORD" letters
  • mostly flat beltline
  • upright tailgate
  • round LED headlights
  • rounded bumpers

Current Stable
~ 1994 Bronco XLT
~ 2014 F-150 Lariat
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 06:25 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: Brick Nose on 15x10s/32s with leveling coils
reminds me a of hearse I saw in the junkyard
mckenziedg and Sheppard like this.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBent4x4 View Post
reminds me a of hearse I saw in the junkyard
That's an insult to the hearse.
Weber and GetBent4x4 like this.

Current Stable
~ 1994 Bronco XLT
~ 2014 F-150 Lariat
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:12 PM

Bronco Info: 1992
Definitely won’t be buying a “baby bronco”
mckenziedg and Sheppard like this.
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohmatt View Post
Definitely won’t be buying a “baby bronco”
Likewise.
The only positive that might come from it, is ROI from positive sales that could push Ford to invest more in the bigger "real" Bronco.
biggum likes this.

Current Stable
~ 1994 Bronco XLT
~ 2014 F-150 Lariat
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 09:23 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
I hate it, but that was exactly what I expected.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:18 PM

Some reported observations of the "baby Bronco" suspension setup for anyone curious:
  • fully-independent suspension front and rear
  • MacPherson struts
  • multi-link or double-wishbone suspension
Basically very similar to what the new Escape or any similar SUV from Ford will have, much like the rest of it (engine, drivetrain, etc.)
The end result should be a more rugged version of the new Escape.

Current Stable
~ 1994 Bronco XLT
~ 2014 F-150 Lariat
post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:49 PM

Bronco Info: 1991 XLT/351w/E4OD/3" lift/4.56/33" tires/LS FR+RR
Garage
To be fair it looks like perhaps they concealed the shape with cardboard and such. It couldn't actually look that awful. Right now it looks like a small SUV version of the Griswald's Family Truckster.
Sheppard likes this.

post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makersneat View Post
To be fair it looks like perhaps they concealed the shape with cardboard and such. It couldn't actually look that awful. Right now it looks like a small SUV version of the Griswald's Family Truckster.
That I can see. With it in mind, imagining it without the bulk... Ford might have a shot at attracting the Jeep Renegade crowd.

Just learned they trademarked "Bronco Sport," which is what this model might be called or added in addition to the mild off-road trim it should come in.

Although I have zero interest in the smaller version, while there's no info on the bigger Bronco, its all we have. Done right, the bigger Bronco might be my next buy.

*From Motor1 and Ford Authority*
Ford Bronco news is afoot this morning. A fresh report from Ford Authority claims to have inside information on the name for the small Escape-based SUV currently known as the “baby Bronco.” That’s certainly an unflattering (and totally unofficial) title, but the report cites anonymous sources as saying it will actually be called the Bronco Sport. Honestly, we hope the rumors are false because that name isn’t much better, especially for something that could be a cool little SUV. We shot a message to Ford asking about potential names, though with the clandestine nature of the subject, the automaker had no comment.

The information allegedly comes from unidentified individuals that have knowledge on the automaker’s product plan. No further context is offered, nor do the sources explain why the Sport moniker was chosen over others. And there are certainly other names in the mixing bowl, with Adventurer perhaps being the most noteworthy. In fact, the Ford Authority report further states the small SUV was originally named Bronco Adventurer before the apparent switch to Bronco Sport. Other potential names in the sea of Ford trademarks include Scout, Outer Banks, and Big Bend, with the last two having just been filed in late July. And yes, Bronco Sport is also trademarked, so it could well happen.

The information allegedly comes from unidentified individuals that have knowledge on the automaker’s product plan. No further context is offered, nor do the sources explain why the Sport moniker was chosen over others. And there are certainly other names in the mixing bowl, with Adventurer perhaps being the most noteworthy. In fact, the Ford Authority report further states the small SUV was originally named Bronco Adventurer before the apparent switch to Bronco Sport. Other potential names in the sea of Ford trademarks include Scout, Outer Banks, and Big Bend, with the last two having just been filed in late July. And yes, Bronco Sport is also trademarked, so it could well happen.

Current Stable
~ 1994 Bronco XLT
~ 2014 F-150 Lariat
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 08:09 PM

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco, 400M, C6 transmisson
Garage
God thats ugly. I think Ford messed up by discontinuing the Bronco and Ranger lines and now they're playing catch up by putting out some ugly designs.

If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing.

-Chuck Yeager
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:08 PM

Bronco Info: '95 XLT. Tobago Green & White. 5.8L, E4OD, 3.55 open, 31x10.50x15s
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBRONCOguy View Post
Not saying this to bash on that bronco, but I have done more stuff off road then that with a 92 crown vic
Actually, I did a little off roading with my '72 240Z late one Friday night on the neighbor's front lawn back in the day. Very embarrassing. Ya see they lived on the corner across the street and I lived one house in on the other side. Having partaken of too much medicine at the local dispensary, I failed to make the turn into the street and used his front lawn as a skid pad. The tire tracks up into my driveway gave me away.

BTW, that 2020 Bronco design sucks. Looks like a Bronco II remake. And, who cares about attracting the "Jeep Renegade crowd"? Not even Jeep can attract them. At one point my son had a Grand Cherokee (it was all white and he called it Elizabeth Warren) and his wife had a Jeep Liberty. Both of them made it to the trash heap in short order.
paul rondelli likes this.

I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:46 PM

Bronco Info: 1989, 351, Automatic
Looks like a Jeep Compass to me. Embarrassing.
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

The Fast Lane Car posted this video about the new Ford Escape and it definitely looks like the "baby bronco" will share the same platform as the Escape.

They spoke with a rep from Ford who said a "more off-road variant" will be coming using the same architecture as the Escape. When asked, the rep referred to it as the "little buckaroo," which could only mean the "baby bronco."

Here's hoping it can actually be better at off-roading than the Escape, but that's most likely just hype.

post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 01:16 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: Brick Nose on 15x10s/32s with leveling coils
Turns out ford been trolling everyone with the troll platform bronco.

The real new bronco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Discuss the 2020 Bronco Here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode