need help with a resume' - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Nvr Been Bnnd

Bronco Info: 91 bronco 5.8 e40d
need help with a resume'

does anyone have info on writing a resume for dummies?

im pretty computer dumb....

thanx for any help.

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance".
"Lifes tough, put on a helmet. Turn off the computer, and go outside"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 03:46 PM

HERE is sorta the way i did mine the format didnt transfer

Yevgeniy Vayner
adress
adress
Home: Cell:
Email:

OBJECTIVE: Looking to find a job in
SKILLS:

Computer literate Microsoft Office
EXPERIENCE:
10/10-01/11 SOME NAME OF WHERE YOU WORKED CITY, ca
Shipper
WHAT
YOU
DID

06/09-07/10 COMPANY NAME CITY NAME
Freight Handler
WHAT
YOU
DID
01/06-present COPANY NAME CITY, CA
Administrative Assistant/Sales person (family business)
WHAT
YOU
DID
EDUCATION:
Aug 2010- Present College CITY, CA
AA degree
June 2009 - May 2010 Valley College CITY, CA
Business Management
June 2009 High School Diploma CITY, CA

VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES:
ONLY IF APLICABLE CITY, CA
REFERENCES
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Retired

Bronco Info: 2016 Road Glide Ultra
What kind of career is you resume for?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Nvr Been Bnnd

i am trying to get a resume together for a friend of mine.
the position is for a delivery driver of some sort, he was a shop foreman for the last ten years.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 PM
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!

Bronco Info: 88 FSB. 4.9l -T18-BW1356-33" MTs-Warn hubs Daystar leveling kit
Name, address, phone
Objective
Education (start with most recent, go backwards)
Experience
References

Sliding rear windows, GT roll bar, Cargo net and looking for other rare options. 4.10 gears LSD 33" MTs First ever Stock Fullsize of the Month...
J A S N http://www.supermotors.net/registry/19528
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco, FI 460/1995 RIP
Something like this:

http://www.bestsampleresume.com/samp...le-resume.html

He will want to list the dates of emplyment though (this doesnt have them) and start with the most current and work backwards...

My other car has doors.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Banned

Smile How to write Student Resume

In that case you add some points in resume like, Objective, Personal Contact Details, Key Skills , Educational Qualification, Eligibility Qualifications, Experience, Any References. By adding these points your resume should be good.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 96 xlt 5.8 (blk) e40d
best thing to do is cut and paste. yep, look on line at other jobs posted in the area in the same field. Cut the qualifications of the job at and paste a bunch of them on a blank document, get about 10 if you can. Than pick and choose the qualifications you have from the list and place them in your resume. This way when the computers or managers look it over it has all the key words and lingo they are looking for.

black 96 5.8 xlt sport, e40d, edelbrock intake, bassani y-pipe, bilstien shocks, 32"bfg's
azure blue 03 mach1 4.6 dohc

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:38 PM

Bronco Info: Bronco is gone
I just went through the week long transition class for the military. We spent a lot of time on resumes, there are multiple types of resumes and it isn't so cut and dry.

Since he is going for a specific job, I would go with a targeted resume..
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ific-job0.html
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Nvr Been Bnnd

appreciate the help guys!

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 03:07 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 4:56 gears, Detroit locker, 35 inch BFG mud radials. 1996 XL 302, all manual
Copy and past what you want. Hell I can post a copy of my scaned degree from UF and you can photochop your name.

QUALIFICATIONS:

 Proven strengths in teamwork and interpersonal skills based on past participative management.
 Exceeded budgeted EBITDA by $400,000 for year ending 2008.
 Maintained a safe working environment with no lost time (OSHA recordable) incidents for 2008 -2011
 Implemented a change over of the warehouse management software system to a “directed work” based environment (Red Prairie).
 Responsible for managing of the largest account serviced by Nordic Logistics and Warehousing. Consisting of 11,500 pallets (440,000 cases) in inventory, with average pallet movements (inbound and outbound) of 7,000 to 8,000 weekly.

EXPERIENCE:

 Managed 80 + employees and four salaried supervisors in a two shift ( 7 day a week) shipping and receiving environment
 Responsible for all financial aspect of warehouse management too include; monthly Profit and loss reconciliation, Budget analysis and preparation, review of special projects and material handling, and all weekly/monthly customer billing.
Warehouse Manager  Managed 40+ employees and two salaried supervisors in a two shift shipping and receiving environment
 Conduct weekly safety training, Standard operating procedure audits, and Sanitation audit.
 Performed all necessary staffing adjustments to provide our customer with continued excellent service during dramatic swings in seasonal demand patterns.
Inventory Control Supervisor  Maintained a 99.5% inventory accuracy level for all monthly internal inventory audits.
 Managed an inventory of 9,500 pallets consisting of both finished goods and bulk materials. Made all adjustments/corrections to inventory. Ended the fiscal year with minimal product loss.
 Researched and corrected all problem areas of inventory control to include. Over short and damage verification, hold processing to inventory for Quality assurance or damaged/salvaged product, and performed all sampling required by customer.
Night Shift Supervisor  Responsible for all outbound activities. Order picking, truck loading, and the auditing of pallets to ensure accuracy, and SOP compliance
 Successfully transitioned the outbound order process to RF picking.
Night Shipping Supervisor  Responsible for all outbound activities; including the loading, selecting, and adherence of all safety procedures.

Warehouse Supervisor 10/26/99 – 12/01/03

 Supervised 35 employees in the process of receiving 50,000 cases daily consisting of frozen, fresh, and dry inventory. Ensured product arrived at designated temperature, and remained static throughout warehousing operation. Responsible for managing the unloading of outside carriers that resulted in income of $250,000 annually. Always exceeded budgeted thru put production, while maintaining no lost time (OSHA recordable) accidents for 4 years.
 Responsible for the smooth transitions during two warehouse expansions. Including the slotting of product do to customer demand, ensuring similar products were adequately separated, and the resulting picking path benefited both shipping and receiving crews.
 Experienced supervising in a shipping environment that emphasizes accurate, and time sensitive order selection. Responsible for initiating a bonus program that rewarded employees who could maintain outstanding error rates on a weekly basis.

Lead receiver/ loader/order selector 11/23/94 - 10/26/99
 Member of a trouble shooting team that was dispatched to other warehouses within the company. Responsible for new customer rollout, assessment and correction of unproductive warehouse procedures, and to alleviate shortfalls in manpower do to seasonal increases in customer demand.
 Shipping, maintenance and sanitation, supervisory duties, operate all warehouse equipment, loss prevention and safety, being a proactive player in promoting a professional atmosphere.

Receiver/ loader/ order selector
 Shipping, loading, and accurate order selection.

E-4 Non-Commissioned Officer
 Developed leadership skills in a highly disciplined and ethical environment.
 Received training in how to properly motivate, and train fellow marines.

COMPUTER SKILLS:

 Proficient PC Skills: Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
 Programming – Windows Visual Basic, Java, COBOL, C,.
 Knowledge of database management and implementation.
 Knowledge of the AS 400 working environment, containing a <RF> radio frequency inventory management system.
 Super user of Rep Prairie warehouse management software suite.

EDUCATION:

B.S., B.A, Business Administration, <DIS>Decision Information Science. Concentrating in computing with quantitative and applications skills necessary for solving problems in today’s changing business environment.

Sante Fe Community College ~
A.A. Business with Computer Concentration
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Nvr Been Bnnd

Looks good Paul !

Scan that degree

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Dee

Bronco Info: 94 C350 7.3 IDIt
Garage
Another option is to do a skills oriented or functional resume. I used this type when looking for auto tech jobs. A lot of service managers don't care where you've been, but care a lot about what you can do. I even added a place for all my specialty and diagnostic tools! If you want I can email you mine or help you make one. I love doing them.

Now that I own my own shop, this is the type of resume I would also find most helpful.

But if you're looking for a different type of job, the standard chronological format (the kind most have shown you here) may be best.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 AM

Bronco Info: 1987 Eddie, 302, F-250 Front Bench Seat, Explorer 3rd Row
^ I agree with Dee. My fulltime job is in Human Resources, what managers want to see is skills, accomplishments and accolades. No opinions of yourself, cold hard facts. (i.e. Achieved best company rating in inventory control for years 2010 and 2011, or reduced warehouse downtime by 10%). These should be listed for at least the last 2-3 positions you have held, unless your last position was for 10 years or greater.

WHat can you do for this company? Managers are tired of hearing "self starter, hard worker, loyal employee, ass kisser", all resumes say this and not everyone has these qualities.

#1 rule, be honest. If you lie to me to get the job, I have no doubt you will lie to keep your job. Integrity is #1.

Make certain your skills listed are relevant to the job, I don't care about how many baby sitting jobs you've had if you are applying for a delivery job. Furthermore, on the subject most delivery companies will want to see a DMV report that you can obtain from most DMV offices for $5. This will include any moving violations you have had in the last 5 years. I recommend he include this with his application, as long as his record is clean he will have shown to be proactive. Also find out if there are any other requirements fo the position, and obtain proof you have/can obtain these requirements.

Tell him Good luck!

Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode