Gotta another one for ya - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
 56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:42 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 EB, 351w, stock-ish. 1981 custom 351m, long gone.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doosenberry View Post
I kinda wanna plant sod on it.

But seriously, I think if I lay a putting green on the flatbed that I could get someone who really likes to practice their short game to buy it.
how much sod would it take to get the truck to be carbon neutral? hmmm...

mckenziedg likes this.

Last edited by dash_cam; 08-07-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 351M/NP435/NP205 - Holley Sniper - Hedman Headers - MT Classic 3's - 35" MT Deegan 38s
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_cam View Post
how much sod would it take to get the truck to be carbon neutral? hmmm...
I think at this point you'd have to cover it in sod and then park it in a forest and let it sit for a thousand years to get it back to neutral.
dash_cam likes this.

77 F100 Custom SWB - 302/C4 2wd ~ My Daily Driver
78 Bronco Custom T/S - 351M/NP205/NP435 4wd ~ For Fun
75 F150 Custom LWB - 460/C6 2wd ~ Deceased
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 351M/NP435/NP205 - Holley Sniper - Hedman Headers - MT Classic 3's - 35" MT Deegan 38s
Garage
I've been super busy, aka working a lot, so things have been slow on all of my projects. I haven't gotten any further on things on this one, but here are a few pics of some things.

Here is the bench seat sitting on the flatbed (with kick panel covers sitting on it). Overall it's in pretty decent shape for a 40+ year old OE seat and has the typical wear on the driver's side. I'm going to try to clean it up a bit and then I have a Mexican blanket style seat cover to go on it to pretty it up.

Here is the nearly mint blue headliner I pulled from the JY the other day. I'm almost disappointed it isn't white so I can stick it in the Bronco. I had considered just upholstering it and putting it in the Bronco, but since I can upholster any old headliner for that purpose, I'll just go find another one in decent shape and do just that. Or make one from scratch which might even be better.

Here's the vinyl flooring sitting in the cab. You can see the extra length on the passenger side sticking up and the rear folding forward. I'm going to make some cuts on the front side and pull it up as far as I can before trimming the rear, if I trim it at all. I figure the less I can see under the dash the better. I also liked the card they stapled to it, just in case you're an idiot and don't know the textured, somewhat contoured to the floorboard under the dash side goes up and faces the front.

Here's my little project I started on the hood. I still need to take it down a bit more in the spot I worked on for a short while, but you get the idea. Hitting it with the wet scotch brite takes off the newer rust and shows the older, deeper red rust. To me it makes it look more like an old, well used truck than just something that's been rusting away in a field... like it was. Hopefully the rest of the rusty areas will turn out well. The doors are "brightly" rusted, so knocking the rust down a bit will make it not so in your face "hey I'm rusty over here". After that I think I'll try buffing the good paint and see what that leaves me. If I was gonna keep it I'd probably do something similar to what @cobrajoe suggested and I'd take the bad areas down to metal and prime it all one color and redo the bed in black and put some fresh wood on it. But I'm not keeping it, so that's not being done!

dash_cam and Frank Lanzisera like this.

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:54 AM
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"

Bronco Info: 90 7.3IDI/ZF5/tons. 66 5.0/AOD. 90beater SAS/5.8/e4od
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doosenberry View Post
Aaaaand... the dealer script on the fender has North Dakota on it.
whats the name? just curious being my neck of the woods...um...plains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Beater View Post
2 spares?? Are you sure thats gonna be enough????
Proud to be politically incorrect.
66 EB 5.0-AOD; 90 Locopny 7.3IDI-ZF 5-D60-10.25; 90Beater(2.0)5.8L-E4OD-SAS-14B; 95 Happy2 F150-4.9L-ZF 5; F250SD 7.3PS-Auto CCLB
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by locopny View Post
whats the name? just curious being my neck of the woods...um...plains.

If I zoom in on this pic it says "Gregory Ford Lincoln Mercury. Cavalier, N. Dak."

post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:55 PM
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"

Bronco Info: 90 7.3IDI/ZF5/tons. 66 5.0/AOD. 90beater SAS/5.8/e4od
Garage
ok...way up in the NE corner of the state near Canada. 250 miles or so away. Sure is a popular thing to do out here ... put those dealer stickers on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Beater View Post
2 spares?? Are you sure thats gonna be enough????
Proud to be politically incorrect.
66 EB 5.0-AOD; 90 Locopny 7.3IDI-ZF 5-D60-10.25; 90Beater(2.0)5.8L-E4OD-SAS-14B; 95 Happy2 F150-4.9L-ZF 5; F250SD 7.3PS-Auto CCLB
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by locopny View Post
ok...way up in the NE corner of the state near Canada. 250 miles or so away. Sure is a popular thing to do out here ... put those dealer stickers on.
It may not be the original dealership it was sold at. I'm sure it could have been added later on in the trucks life if it was sold used at a dealer later on. It just happens to be fairly close to the DSO it was ordered from compared to where it is now. I know a lot of the old cars and trucks I see, especially in the 60's since I don't see much older than that in original condition these days, have metallic dealership emblems screwed onto them. I know the old '65 Coronet 440 I owned about 12 years ago or so had one on it's backside that I left on. Man that was a neat car, kinda wish I still had it, but then I think about all the problems that were surfacing and I don't regret letting it go at all. lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode