Bronco Vs. Bucket list - Ford Bronco Forum
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1982 xlt lariat. 351 Windsor, Edelbrock 4bbl carb, c6 tranny, 4x4, auto locking hubs.
Garage
Bronco Vs. Bucket list

So, just sitting here today, feeling kinda cruddy, listening to some tunes and going over the future plans for my 82 resto in my head... Imagining how the interior will be and how it'll look when it's painted... And then it hits me... My bronco honey do list is about a mile longer then my life bucket list ... Anyone else have that problem?

Maybe I'm just not ambitious enough with the things I wanna do in life... Or maybe at almost 50 I've done enough... But at this point in the game I'm much more inspired and motivated to work on the honey do list then the bucket list... How bad is that?

I guess they always say, the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem...

Hi, my name is Kel, and I'm addicted to my it's been about 6 minutes since I've thought about my rig

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 07:33 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '83 Full size Bronco Custom 302 Auto , under reiteration but starts and runs
Garage
That is one of the greatest post I've read yet so far when I started reading it I thought I was reading something I had just written as I am literally sitting out front not feeling good drinking my tea and mentally building my truck in my head also LMAO. People that have heard my life story and figured I've done just about everything there is to done to do so my bucket list at this point should be complete. And my Bronco list AKA honey badger. Is a hell of a lot longer and I like doing that list better anyway

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
cobrajoe and BroncMom like this.

Honey badgers have been known to
eat porcupines,
eat poisonous snakes,
raid beehives,
kidnap baby cheetahs,
take food from hungry lions.

Honey Badger Donít Care.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1982 xlt lariat. 351 Windsor, Edelbrock 4bbl carb, c6 tranny, 4x4, auto locking hubs.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshere View Post
That is one of the greatest post I've read yet so far when I started reading it I thought I was reading something I had just written as I am literally sitting out front not feeling good drinking my tea and mentally building my truck in my head also LMAO. People that have heard my life story and figured I've done just about everything there is to done to do so my bucket list at this point should be complete. And my Bronco list AKA honey badger. Is a hell of a lot longer and I like doing that list better anyway

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
See... Someone gets it... I'm not totally off my rocker

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:24 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 EB, 351w, stock-ish. 1981 custom 351m, long gone.
Garage
Well, I've been alive for a lot longer than I've owned my bronco. But I don't think I've ever finished any to-do list on any vehicle I've ever owned, sadly.
BroncMom likes this.

Last edited by dash_cam; 08-02-2019 at 05:34 PM.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 04:42 AM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/MassAir/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
I think you're in the right place. Hell... it'll be a miracle if I ever get my Harley painted.
Too many Bronco issues keep popping up but I am trying to maintain 2, 2nd gens and 1, 5th vs. 1 strong running, beat to hell and rebuilt back, old softail.

I reduced my bucket List down to "slapping a weatherman" because... I'm way too old and beat up for my age.
BigBlue 94, NYFSB, cdmck and 1 others like this.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208, Detroit Truetracs front and rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncMom View Post
... Anyone else have that problem?
Haha, you reeled me in with the title I thought you were thinking of selling your rig

I don't see a "problem" and don't even like the term "bucket list"

But hey, we're here to help you with your "addiction"
BroncMom likes this.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 04:26 PM
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

Bronco Info: '94 XL/2"front spacer/1ton TRE Flip/Upgraded E4OD(To PSD specs)/2"rr lift blk/5100 Bilstein/33"BFGs.
Garage
Quote:
So, just sitting here today, feeling kinda cruddy, listening to some tunes and going over the future plans for my 82 resto in my head... Imagining how the interior will be and how it'll look when it's painted... And then it hits me... My bronco honey do list is about a mile longer then my life bucket list ... Anyone else have that problem?

Maybe I'm just not ambitious enough with the things I wanna do in life... Or maybe at almost 50 I've done enough... But at this point in the game I'm much more inspired and motivated to work on the honey do list then the bucket list... How bad is that?

I guess they always say, the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem...

Hi, my name is Kel, and I'm addicted to my it's been about 6 minutes since I've thought about my rig
I read your post as/perceive it as/translate it as/interpret as/opine as being PART of your bucket list.

Not; choosing just one, or the other.

I'm going W.A.G. and say you'll probably live at least another 35+ years or so.

Is that long enough to complete your bucket list, which includes your Bronco restore?
BroncMom likes this.

μολὼν λαβέ

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_cam View Post
Well, I've been above for a lot longer than I've owned my bronco. But I don't think I've ever finished any to-do list on any vehicle I've ever owned, sadly.
Awe bummer @dash_cam ... Might have to break that streak with this Bronco
dash_cam likes this.

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
I think you're in the right place. I reduced my bucket List down to "slapping a weatherman" because... I'm way too old and beat up for my age.
That's awesome @BikerPepe` ... Simple goals...
BikerPepe` likes this.

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRWillis View Post
Haha, you reeled me in with the title I thought you were thinking of selling your rig

I don't see a "problem" and don't even like the term "bucket list"

But hey, we're here to help you with your "addiction"
Lmao @SRWillis u know they say a good writer can do that (lure u in with a simple sentence) and I'm no real fan of the term bucket list either. It just rhymed better with bronco then lifetime achievement goals

Selling the rig not in my lifetime... My 14yo has already called dibs on "the farm truck" when I'm done with it.

I can't tell you enough how thrilled i am that y'all are here to help with my addiction... Feelin' the love
BikerPepe` and SRWillis like this.

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
I read your post as/perceive it as/translate it as/interpret as/opine as being PART of your bucket list.

Not; choosing just one, or the other.

I'm going W.A.G. and say you'll probably live at least another 35+ years or so.

Is that long enough to complete your bucket list, which includes your Bronco restore?
Awe... U went and got all philosophical on me there @CDA 455 a real glass is half full perspective. I like that

Thinking of it in that sense, yes they're one in the same BUT do u take that extra $3500 and take the trip abroad, or do u spend it on the new Edelbrock top end? Do u sacrifice the bucket list side of the page and fulfill one on the bronco honey do side of the page? Personally, I'm not independently wealthy so... Realistically it's going to have to be a balanced sacrifice. I'm optimistic that I'll get to complete it all... But I'm also a realist...

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:50 PM

Bronco Info: 89, 351w C6, man hubs, shift and seats, cruise, tilt AC 76,000 miles
Garage
Quote:

I bout pissed myself when I read the last two lines!
And...I appreciate the beginning. I currently have the engine out of my rig and have the short block back together. Oh, and smack dab in the middle of a "frame off" restomod build of my daughters Falcon. And finishing the installation of my paint booth. And building a shop on my farm. And blah, blah, bunch of other stuff I won't bore y'all with.

We each have our own list of...desires of life...bucket list...etc. I say trust your gut and listen to your heart...In other words...

Everybody all together--Hi Kel. Welcome to the club. You are not alone. I've been an oval addict for 40ish years myself
bonsai dave and BroncMom like this.

Common sense will NOT be tolerated!

My kind of crazy is contagious!
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:03 AM
Retired Staff

Garage
Hi Kel. Welcome to the club. You are not alone. I've been an oval addict for 40ish years myself
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Survivor View Post
I bout pissed myself when I read the last two lines!
And...I appreciate the beginning. I currently have the engine out of my rig and have the short block back together. Oh, and smack dab in the middle of a "frame off" restomod build of my daughters Falcon. And finishing the installation of my paint booth. And building a shop on my farm. And blah, blah, bunch of other stuff I won't bore y'all with.

We each have our own list of...desires of life...bucket list...etc. I say trust your gut and listen to your heart...In other words...

Everybody all together--Hi Kel. Welcome to the club. You are not alone. I've been an oval addict for 40ish years myself
Hey @89Survivor sorry for the incontinence check, but I'm glad I could make u laugh... It definitely sound like you have your hands full. Hopefully most of them are want tos instead of need tos. Would love to see that falcon when u get it together. I do trust my gut and listen to my heart... The logic in me says spend the $800 and fix the soffit but the heart in me says get the new suspension parts... So conflicted and yay! Not alone is good. The only times I ever really fit in anywhere is gear head groups and dog groups (canine behaviorist my profession). Thanks for the welcome
89Survivor likes this.

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:41 AM
Retired Staff

Garage
Quote:
canine behaviorist my profession
You're in good company all around FSB and I know you already found the dog lover thread.
I've got an adorable, somewhat autistic AmStaff you'd just love to be ignored by.

Banshee loves her FSB. I just take care of it and chauffeur her around.

She hates my bike.
BroncMom and 89Survivor like this.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:05 PM

Bronco Info: 89, 351w C6, man hubs, shift and seats, cruise, tilt AC 76,000 miles
Garage
Quote:
You're in good company all around FSB and I know you already found the dog lover thread.
I've got an adorable, somewhat autistic AmStaff you'd just love to be ignored by.

She hates my bike.
I love all my kids! My two legged daughter will even tell you my other two are my kids as well...even though they have four legs and bark.

The later two love riding almost more than eating.....almost!
BikerPepe` and BroncMom like this.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hey @89Survivor sorry for the incontinence check, but I'm glad I could make u laugh... It definitely sound like you have your hands full. Hopefully most of them are want tos instead of need tos. Would love to see that falcon when u get it together. I do trust my gut and listen to my heart... The logic in me says spend the $800 and fix the soffit but the heart in me says get the new suspension parts... So conflicted and yay! Not alone is good. The only times I ever really fit in anywhere is gear head groups and dog groups (canine behaviorist my profession). Thanks for the welcome
Yes, most are want tos. I'm truly blessed with my life and to be an American!
I thank the God and all our troops and veterans for that!

I will try to take some pics and post em....some day!
BroncMom likes this.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

She hates my bike.
Hey @BikerPepe` i love amstaffs (even the slightly autistic ones) and dogs never ignore me. I'm fun and I come in wreaking of cookies. They love me I imagine the bike hurts her ears. With hearing 30 times greater then ours they're really sensitive to loud. Cotton balls can help with that. Haven't had any of my dogs in the Bronco yet. Will have to do that soon before we lose the good weather.
BikerPepe` likes this.

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Amen and OohRah @89Survivor

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Amen and OohRah @89Survivor

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode