2019 College football thread - Ford Bronco Forum
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 4:56 gears, Detroit locker, 35 inch BFG mud radials. 1996 XL 302, all manual
2019 College football thread

It's that time of year again..... not like the old days with Johnski and ImlikeOJnow to trash talk too... but I'm sure we have a few college football fans in the house ( I didn't forget you Webber …. GO DUCKS).

Big time Florida Gator fan since the 1980's. It is going to be one hell of year. Can't wait to see how the SEC shapes up. I'm sure Alabama will be fine.. and Georgia has running backs like always... but I really like our chances to get to Atlanta this year.

Game one against Miami in Orlando will be epic. I priced the tickets to maybe take the boy.... but at 200$ a pop for the nose bleed seats I'll just get the 30$ seats for university of Tennessee -Martin ( whatever the hell that is). The boy is only 10 and he just likes to experience the whole festive atmosphere. Give him 4 years to really appreciate what the University of Florida has to offer...… Some of the hottest females on earth!!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!
Weber likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:33 PM

Bronco Info: 1991 XLT/351w/E4OD/3" lift/4.56/33" tires/LS FR+RR
Garage
USCal... let the hate begin.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Addicted to Junk

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Wow long time since I've seen one of these threads! @Weber is only one "B"

Not really a big sports fan myself. I like watching my KC Chiefs and Nascar and NHRA and that's about it

Though I do route for Kansas State in the college stuff.
Weber likes this.

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:14 AM

Bronco Info: 1987- carb'd 351- C6, stock height
All I care about is Michigan beating Ohio State (It's your job, Harbaugh!), and seein' what Oklahoma does. I am too blasted busy (though I'm retired!) to pay attention to much else...
BigBlue 94 and MS88Bronc like this.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 04:00 PM
I ♥ TTB

Bronco Info: 89 lifted a smidge
For sure! Already getting excited! I really hope we pull out the W against Auburn... I'm confident we would if they were coming to play us at home but hard to say at a neutral site, wish I were making the trip! Here's to hoping we show up!!!

Go Ducks!
BigBlue 94 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl89 View Post
Well try snatch next time.
-In Heaven you get love and peace.

In Hell you get to party with Pirates and Ninjas.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 XLT FSB 5.0 4Sp AT Auto Hubs Manual Xfer stock over stock. Needs a newish interior.
Go NOLES!!!!

Government is a lot like Robin Hood, stealing from the rich to give to the poor. My Mother taught me that stealing is wrong.

There is no profit in peace.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:12 AM
drop the gloves

Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Bauer
Garage
I attended the Cotton Bowl last year to see ND get smoked by Clemson. My Grandfather, Uncle, and Brother (big Bob also played 7 years in the NFL) all played for ND so I'm partial to the fighting Irish (by the way why is that mascot not considered derogatory?) I mean you might as well say drunken fighting Irish immigrants! But I guess that doesn't fit the media bias. Anyway, my prediction is that Clemson will win it all. They'll go undefeated. The QB Trevor Lawrence is only a sophomore and he's the most poised college player I've ever seen. Since I'm in Texas "Hook'em Horns".
Weber likes this.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 4:56 gears, Detroit locker, 35 inch BFG mud radials. 1996 XL 302, all manual
The boy turns 11 September 3rd. I decided for his birthday present we would drive down to see a Gator game. He is still new to whole college football religion so I gave him two options.

1) Go see a game against a good team and sit in the nose bleeds
2) Go see a game against a crappy team and sit right up next to the field.

He chose the crappy team and the great seats. Then I had to explain to him why Florida State is not considered a crappy team when all I do is talk about how much they suck..... and how much we hate them. He will learn all that soon enough.

I purchased 3 tickets to the Gators vs Tennessee-Martin a division 1 team....https://utmsports.com/index.aspx?path=football

We will have a blast we are on the 50yard line. section 36 18 rows off the field. They were 75$ a piece... these same seats will go for 500$ for the big games. They are in the middle of the student section so I can gawk.... and feel like a dirty old man. Don't worry I will take plenty of pictures... and post them up here.

https://floridagators.com/sports/201...n_levels_.aspx

Dam Weber that is not the team to play for the first game!!!!

I would really like to see the Ducks beat Auburn. It will be the game to watch!! and you can bet Game Day will be there for sure. It is hard to pull out in win in Eugene.
Weber likes this.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:27 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, 6" lift, 4.56 gears, 35" GY MT/Rs, front locker, rear LSD, rear disc conversion
Garage

I think my new spare cover speaks for itself!

Go Tigers! lol
Weber and paul rondelli like this.

MS88Bronc
Don't be fooled by the name,
1996 XL with 5.8L/E4OD/BW1356,
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
***GO CHECK OUT MY RUN IN THIS MONTH'S FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH COMPETITION HERE!!***
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:34 PM
I ♥ TTB

Bronco Info: 89 lifted a smidge
@paul rondelli That's great! We are fortunate enough to have season tickets, I've had them for 9 years or so now, this year got my buddies as well so we have 4 seats in a row, there's not a bad seat at Autzen! The kids love when we bring them, I've got some friends who don't even watch football and they love the experience of going!
Yes, GameDay announced they'll be at our opener already, I'm hyped for this season but it will be sad to see Herbert go, if we show up to play we can beat them but you never know.

Clemson and their QB will be a force to wreckon with this year I'm sure!
paul rondelli and MS88Bronc like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl89 View Post
Well try snatch next time.
-In Heaven you get love and peace.

In Hell you get to party with Pirates and Ninjas.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, 6" lift, 4.56 gears, 35" GY MT/Rs, front locker, rear LSD, rear disc conversion
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weber View Post
@paul rondelli That's great! We are fortunate enough to have season tickets, I've had them for 9 years or so now, this year got my buddies as well so we have 4 seats in a row, there's not a bad seat at Autzen! The kids love when we bring them, I've got some friends who don't even watch football and they love the experience of going!
Yes, GameDay announced they'll be at our opener already, I'm hyped for this season but it will be sad to see Herbert go, if we show up to play we can beat them but you never know.

Clemson and their QB will be a force to wreckon with this year I'm sure!
Yeah, GameDay is coming to our opener as well (thursday night) vs Georgia Tech under the lights. Gotta love a game at night, especially early season when it's still hot. Too bad I live in Michigan now - I guess I'll have to see where the Detroit Clemson Club is watching the game! It will be interesting also to see if Kirk Herbstreit's sons get any playing time as walk-on true freshmen. IIRC he has twin sons that both came to Clemson as preferred walk-ons.
Weber likes this.

MS88Bronc
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
***GO CHECK OUT MY RUN IN THIS MONTH'S FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH COMPETITION HERE!!***
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Miss September

Go gators

I know all out Clemson. My wife is from Anderson so I have history with that part of the state...… yes they have some of the most beautiful southern ladies I have ever seen. I use an analogy about Clemson to motivate my employees. It goes like this

1) why do you think Mike Tyson would knock people out in under a minute
2) Answer: They where not ready to fight Mike Tyson
3) Why does Alabama win so many games
4) Most schools are not ready to play Alabama
5) In order to beat Alabama you have to be just as mean and physical on both sides of the line. They don't do anything special... They are just mean and physical.
6) Clemson is the only team I watched matched that toughness... and beat them at their own game. Because every time Alabama would smack them in the mouth... they got back up and smacked them back.
7) Everyday you come to work be ready, prepared, and you will always succeed... No matter what you do.

Now living in Atlanta.... I have gone to a few Georgia and Georgia tech games.

Georgia... full of hotness
Georgia Tech.... Not a hottie to be found

I had tickets in the student section at Georgia Tech. I spent too much time just trying to find something that might pass as acceptable (after 8 or 9 beers)…. No luck. Great engineering school... but no eye candy
Weber and MS88Bronc like this.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

I'm getting super excited. Great defense on both sides. Miami is starting a red shirt freshman..... We are going to blitz him into submission!!! We did lose to Kentucky last year when their quarterback just out ran our secondary all game...but I'm not sure this kid will be poised enough to pull that out.

I have a love/hate relationship with Franks. Mullen understand his short falls... The biggest being able to think on his feet. Mullen game plans a three step drop. If the receiver is not open... tuck and run. This works right into Franks strengths. He is a big kid at 230lbs... but every time I see him sitting in pocket trying to analyze the field... i just know he is going to throw an interception. He has no skill in how to look off receivers... He focuses on the same guy until everyone in the secondary knows exactly where the ball is going.

LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING FRANKS... I KNOW YOU HEAR ME YELLING AT YOU!!!! DON"T SCREW THIS UP ASSHAT!!! WE HAVE A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (EMORY JONES) WHO HAS A TON MORE TALENT THAN YOU!!

Just in case you want to check out his replacement. The kid can straight out throw the bomb when rolling out.

Weber likes this.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:04 PM

Bronco Info: Still dreaming:Newbie
Gig'em Aggies! Looking forward to this season.
BucktheBronc likes this.

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:27 PM

Bronco Info: Nothin yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosarge77 View Post
All I care about is Michigan beating Ohio State (It's your job, Harbaugh!), and seein' what Oklahoma does. I am too blasted busy (though I'm retired!) to pay attention to much else...
Don't worry Harbum will blow it again this year... just like last year
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:42 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco BB 545 Stroker (in progress)
Garage
Gig Em Aggies
cdmck and BucktheBronc like this.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:44 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco BB 545 Stroker (in progress)
Garage
Whoooooooop!
cdmck likes this.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:07 PM
TTB makes me sad

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT 5.8 E4OD 6" lift? on 33s manual hubs
Let's go State! We are!

Sometimes I wish i didn't live so far from the B1G now.

96 XLT Green 5.8 E4OD on 33s
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Herbstreit put out his “too early” picks for different things - players and teams. He picked my Clemson Tigers over Blow-hio State in the semi finals (yep!) but then losing to the Tide in the National Championship (boo! hiss!).

MS88Bronc
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 08:37 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

Well, Georgia Tech got sufficiently beat down. Now @Weber let’s check out this Oregon game!
Weber likes this.

MS88Bronc
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode