102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 12:19 AM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT "Babe the Blue Ox"/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doosenberry View Post
As I've gotten older I've apparently lived in smaller and smaller communities. I grew up in a suburb of Seattle as a young kid, then my family moved out to bfe Idaho, so it was quite a change. I lived a couple of blocks from where Nintendo of America's headquarters is....
So you were in the heart of Redmond, eh? How old were you when your family moved to Idaho, and what part of Idaho was it? My dad's brother was a LEO, and his last department was the Idaho State Police...he was in Benewah County, and they lived in Plummer, Saint Maries, and off the highway in between those towns.

LINK??? Link yourself down to Walmart!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 12:30 AM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 351M/NP435/NP205 - Holley Sniper - Hedman Headers - MT Classic 3's - 35" MT Deegan 38s
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
So you were in the heart of Redmond, eh? How old were you when your family moved to Idaho, and what part of Idaho was it? My dad's brother was a LEO, and his last department was the Idaho State Police...he was in Benewah County, and they lived in Plummer, Saint Maries, and off the highway in between those towns.
Yes, I was 10 years old when we moved to Idaho (36 now). I didn't realize how close I was to a lot of stuff when I lived in Redmond until I got older and google maps etc came around. I remember getting a birds eye view for the first time and it was pretty cool. All of the cities there were really packed together and I never really knew when I was leaving one and entering another. We lived in Redmond, but I went to school in Kirkland (the origin of the Costco brand for those who like useless trivia).

We moved just outside of Twin Falls back then and I'm pretty much in the same area now. Your uncle lived waaaaay north of where I am. Last time I was ever that far up was when I visited my grandparents as a teenager when they lived in the Clarkston/Lewiston area. Maybe someday when I get this Bronco confidently solid I'll take it on trips up north. I'd like to see Coeur d'alene, etc.
Trashboat likes this.

77 F100 Custom SWB - 302/C4 2wd ~ My Daily Driver
78 Bronco Custom T/S - 351M/NP205/NP435 4wd ~ For Fun
75 F150 Custom LWB - 460/C6 2wd ~ Deceased
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:08 AM
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"

Bronco Info: 90 7.3IDI/ZF5/tons. 66 5.0/AOD. 90beater SAS/5.8/e4od
Garage
what constitutes a small town? Population? lack of a stop light? the number of bars in town? The amount of BS gossip?

Our little town is about 1000 people. Doesn't have a stop light within 30ish miles in any direction from the center of town. We do sport 4 bars (and 7 churches). And if gossip was an Olympic event, this town would win Gold every time.
We have a Chevy dealership, and a JD dealer...a grocery store and a DG. THREE hotels? yeah...not like there is much to do aside from watching grass grow or snow pile up. True Value has been a staple here since the invention of the nail, and we have a Bible College and a K-12 School. Brand new water tower just went in last fall along with a new swimming pool. 2 gas stations that count as a restaurant since they have a seating area for the pizza places inside. A drive in mom and pop place and a semi formal sit down restaurant complete the eating establishments. Depending on the owners mood?...we have a bowling alley....sometimes.
Have lived in larger cities (130K+), and in much smaller villages (about 400) too...but this is a good size. Not so large to annoy me and not so small to make me crazy....crazier? I have a farm and on that farm there are some Broncos...E I E I Oh...nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Beater View Post
2 spares?? Are you sure thats gonna be enough????
Proud to be politically incorrect.
66 EB 5.0-AOD; 90 Locopny 7.3IDI-ZF 5-D60-10.25; 90Beater(2.0)5.8L-E4OD-SAS-14B; 95 Happy2 F150-4.9L-ZF 5; F250SD 7.3PS-Auto CCLB
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 05:08 AM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/MassAir/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by locopny View Post
I have a farm and on that farm there are some Broncos...E I E I Oh...nevermind.
with a leaky tire here...
and a leaky tire there...
here a leak... psssst...
there a leak... psssst...
everywhere a psssset... psssst... leak, leak.
ol' locopony had a farm... E... pssst... E.... pssst... I... Oh.
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:42 AM
Addicted to Junk

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by locopny View Post
what constitutes a small town? Population? lack of a stop light? the number of bars in town? The amount of BS gossip?
Has to have at least one rusty Chevy pickup with skidsteer tires on the back axle...
cobrajoe and 89Survivor like this.

309ci inline 6, 9.75:1 CR, Big Valves, ROLLER ROCKERS, Clifford intake and headers, Schneider 140H cam, DUI HEI ignition, 450 QFT 4bbl carb, Saginaw swap, FlowKooler water pump, Steel timing gears, 2.5in y-pipe into a single 3in cat and borla muffler.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:04 AM
BRONCO MASTER

Bronco Info: 94EB, W/1997 302GT40P Gasket matched intake, 1.7 RR, FRP headers, 2.5" duals w/X muffler.
no small town for me, I am a big city guy, 1650 people, but i lived 4 miles from that sprawling metropolis ;-)

Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:14 AM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 4:56 gears, Detroit locker, 35 inch BFG mud radials. 1996 XL 302, all manual
In the south... you have to have more single wide trailers (mobile homes)... than actual houses to be considered a small town. Once the number of houses surpasses the number of trailers (mobile homes) you are in the city.

Just in case you guys from up North don't know what I'm referring to. Uncut grass and window AC unit optional

post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 01:19 PM
Retired Staff

Garage
you can trust me on this... the south has no monopoly on poor, white trash.
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 01:52 PM

Bronco Info: 92 Bronco on 35” tires with solid axel swap with a Duff parts.
Garage
Ok, lets get something striate poor and white are not the required when referring to "Trash", just look at Congress. There is more trash in Washington DC than most of the poorest neighborhoods in America.

But with that in mind check this out. Only in a small town.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0781.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	533.0 KB
ID:	141112  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0780.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	455.8 KB
ID:	141114  

Train today for tomorrow's unknown!
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:46 PM
Fullsize Member

We live 5 miles from town. The town has a population of 380 people. My oldest daughters class has 9 students of which 6 are cousins are her cousins.

1979 Ranger XLT 4bt Dana 60 front 80 rear M50D-R2 NP205
My Build Thread;
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...r-xlt-4bt.html
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 05:49 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
1500 people on the Mississippi in communist Illinois. 110 graduates in my class from 5 communities. 40 percent of the males became suddenly ill for week when deer season opened. Oh, and rusty Chevrolet pick ups out numbered Pontiacs.
post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 89, 351w C6, man hubs, shift and seats, cruise, tilt AC 76,000 miles
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1551 View Post
Ok, lets get something striate poor and white are not the required when referring to "Trash", just look at Congress. There is more trash in Washington DC than most of the poorest neighborhoods in America.

That's a Tuesday in my hometown!
cobrajoe likes this.

Common sense will NOT be tolerated!

My kind of crazy is contagious!
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 89, 351w C6, man hubs, shift and seats, cruise, tilt AC 76,000 miles
Garage
Evidently I didn't do something right with my Tuesday post. I meant to include the pics from @Blue1551 .

My hometown is in Southern Illinois. I got out of that communist country when I could! Now reside in Western Ky...full disclosure. Although we still have a farm over there.
It hasn't changed much overall. One gas station out by the interstate, DG, hardware store, grocery, and a bank. Oh, recently a mom and pop restaurant. No traffic lights...have to go bout 10 miles for that.

Common sense will NOT be tolerated!

My kind of crazy is contagious!
post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:12 AM
Retired Staff

Garage
Quote:
First of all... it's "Let's get something straight."
Secondly... as someone who's long been considered and fully embraced the "Poor White Trash" label, I totally resent the comparison to the sh!t-stains in our nations capitol.
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:17 AM

Bronco Info: 92 Bronco on 35” tires with solid axel swap with a Duff parts.
Garage
Ok that was quite insulting to the traditional white trash. You have my apologies.

Train today for tomorrow's unknown!
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:35 AM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT "Babe the Blue Ox"/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doosenberry View Post
We moved just outside of Twin Falls back then and I'm pretty much in the same area now. Your uncle lived waaaaay north of where I am. Last time I was ever that far up was when I visited my grandparents as a teenager when they lived in the Clarkston/Lewiston area. Maybe someday when I get this Bronco confidently solid I'll take it on trips up north. I'd like to see Coeur d'alene, etc.
My Uncle Marsh now lives in Hayden (insert white supremacist d!¢khead joke here), but he and my late Aunt Vicky had a condo just north of downtown CdA, right off US95. And, when his and Dad's grandparents lived in the same area as Twin Falls (Buhl, actually), they had a turn-of-the-century farm that they ended up losing around 1915 or 1916, because the president of the local bank in Buhl cleaned out the safe of all cash and headed to South America.
cobrajoe likes this.

LINK??? Link yourself down to Walmart!
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 03:20 AM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 351M/NP435/NP205 - Holley Sniper - Hedman Headers - MT Classic 3's - 35" MT Deegan 38s
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
My Uncle Marsh now lives in Hayden (insert white supremacist d!¢khead joke here), but he and my late Aunt Vicky had a condo just north of downtown CdA, right off US95. And, when his and Dad's grandparents lived in the same area as Twin Falls (Buhl, actually), they had a turn-of-the-century farm that they ended up losing around 1915 or 1916, because the president of the local bank in Buhl cleaned out the safe of all cash and headed to South America.
Maybe he was trying to run from this lady that was in the area at the time, one of America's first female serial killers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyda_Southard

77 F100 Custom SWB - 302/C4 2wd ~ My Daily Driver
78 Bronco Custom T/S - 351M/NP205/NP435 4wd ~ For Fun
75 F150 Custom LWB - 460/C6 2wd ~ Deceased
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:45 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer
Garage
Quote:

Where did you get the pics of my house? My uncle/cousin /brother in law was driving that thar tractor...🤣🤣
paul rondelli and 89Survivor like this.
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 10:21 AM

Bronco Info: None Currently - On the search for the right 96 EB to buy
Garage
I grew up in a town of about 9000 people. Its not as small as other "small towns", but growing up there sure felt like it. There was NOTHING to do except get in trouble.
89Survivor likes this.
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:50 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Bauer, 5.0 GT40 heads 4" lift Dana 44 SAS Saginaw Pump
Garage
I grew up in a small town in the 90s, rural, agricultural area In PA, where everybody knew everybody. it was great place to be a kid. of course that was until the 2000s housing boom when our township became like the most developed place in the state, so i moved to another rural area but of course i don't have the same community here. my graduating class had 15 kids.
89Survivor likes this.

1995 Eddie Bauer 4" lift 302 bored .030, GT40 heads, full stainless welded exhaust, headers, dana 44 SAS, Saginaw steering pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Off Topic Section > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode