Another cat thread - Ford Bronco Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 351M/NP435/NP205 - Holley Sniper - Hedman Headers - MT Classic 3's - 35" MT Deegan 38s
Garage
Another cat thread

I heard you guys are big fans of cats, so I thought I'd share my latest catch. It's an ongoing battle with my neighbor the hoarder and feral cat feeder. Don't let this cute thing fool you, it tried to slit my throat with its murder mittens when I went to pick up the trap.

BikerPepe` likes this.

77 F100 Custom SWB - 302/C4 2wd ~ My Daily Driver
78 Bronco Custom T/S - 351M/NP205/NP435 4wd ~ For Fun
75 F150 Custom LWB - 460/C6 2wd ~ Deceased
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 12:26 AM

Bronco Info: 82XLTLariat 351w Edelbrock 4bbl c6 auto hubs 33x10.5x15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doosenberry View Post
Don't let this cute thing fool you, it tried to slit my throat with its murder mittens when I went to pick up the trap.
Hey... I've started a trend go me
Lol murder mittens couldn't imagine living next door to a hoarder... Itd be like first blood

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 351M/NP435/NP205 - Holley Sniper - Hedman Headers - MT Classic 3's - 35" MT Deegan 38s
Garage
If I wasn't renting it'd be a big issue for me. I mean, it's still an issue, it's just not worth fighting for imo as I'm looking to leave as soon as it's a real possibility for me.

I caught close to 10 of them last year and I've been holding off this year. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats of my own, but I'm not an a-hole about it and they're kept indoors as I don't want any of them to get ran over or whatever else may happen.

I rearranged my living room this spring and I used to have our tv in front of the front window to reduce glare when watching it, now it's on the wall and I have a couch by that window. My German Shepherd sits on the couch and will rest his head on the top of it and stare out the window at times. He has started barking and clawing at the window every time he sees one of those feral cats and the other day when I was working on the Bronco it started to really piss me off. I was like eff it and I dug out the trap again and had it set while I was wrenching.

That black and white one is number 3 in so many days. Maybe I can eliminate them all this time. I thought I caught Mufasa last year, but it appears a new breeding male has taken over. If he just had a couple of cats and they were fixed I don't think I'd give a hoot, but this is a nest of cats, they have killed all the local birds in my area, they've turned my front yard into a yuge litter box, they spread disease and parasites as they're not cared for and only fed by this old man hoarder, and they have to nerve to die on my porch from the elements and leave their dead bodies for me to fling over to his yard with my shovel.

Anyway...
BikerPepe` and trustyrusty like this.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 12:51 AM

Garage
Wooow.... That sounds like a real nightmare. Sad tho, i feel for the old man. He's probably been thru some stuff back in the day only to end up a cat hoarder

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 01:43 AM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/MassAir/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
I have a similar neighbor issue but the coyote's tend to keep the cat population to a minimum. Unfortunately, the ground squirrels, moles and mice manage to keep a decent population up and they love my neighbors junk-yard and coming over to ravage our lawn and the lil' ladies garden, plants, bushes, etc., etc. We own our property and his place most definitely effects the property value around it. The neighbor in front of him took 3 yrs. to sell their beautiful place, in a real hot market and most of that was based on the junkyard next door.
Still... I'm a firm believer that if it's your property, it's not for me to say what you do or don't do. I have a solid respect for all property owners rights. He asked me once if it was a problem for us. I was very honest and told him that it was a complete eyesore right out my living room window and caused critters and bugs and property value loss but it's his property and not mine. If he tried to tell me to do something with my property that I didn't like, I'd tell him to piss off... so it wasn't my place to tell him what to do with his.

That said... I watched my dog chase a black cat out of our yard twice, hot on it's heels as it cleared the cattle panel fence in a single bound. So I also told him that if my dog catches his cat in my yard, it's not my fault if his cat doesn't make it home. I spent a lot of time and money building a huge fence to make sure my dog would never be anyone else's problem. He understood and either keeps the cat inside now or maybe a coyote got it or they got rid of it. Not sure. Don't care. Never saw it again.

To clarify... my neighbor pictured below is not the neighbor I referenced in the other "cat" thread.

My property on the top... my neighbors on the bottom.
Note the 2.5 acres of fence on my 5 acre parcel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	neighbor.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	141908  

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 09-01-2019 at 01:56 AM.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
He's an odd guy. He has 4 cars out front and all of them are completely full of stuff from floor to ceiling with just the driver's seat dug out. He's got all sorts of junk in his front yard that these cats live in and he has a beat up 70's Ford Currier that's his DD that he's constantly hauling new junk in with. I don't talk to him and he doesn't talk to me.

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 02:45 AM
Retired Staff

Garage
Sounds odd but as BroncMom said... he's likely got "issues". My neighbor and I get along very well, despite making myself sound like an asshole. He's a good guy and he used to actually scrap a lot of metal but he had a PTSD episode one night a few years back and now I never see him out there "piddling" like he used too every day. I still plow out his mess in the winter and he let's me use his welder or hooks me up with scrap metal, whenever I've had a need bad enough to ask.

Neighbors can be a blessing or a total nightmare and it's the one thing you rarely ever know before you buy a new place. Good luck with yours. I'll deal with mine, as they're all much better than others I've suffered over the years. I just wish my scrapyard neighbor was a Ford guy and not a damn Dodge/Chevy even some GMC's, guy. He's got more truck parts than I'd ever need but they're all for the wrong rigs.
BroncMom likes this.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 06:35 AM
Retired Staff

Garage
aaaaaannnnd... my dog got sprayed tonight by a skunk. yay.
BigBlue 94 likes this.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:21 AM
Addicted to Junk

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Yuck!

We had a female dog wander in last night. Was the cutest little thing. Was colored like a Jack Russell, but about 40 pounds, 15" tall, a bobbed tail, and the humped snout of a Bull Terrier. Took about an hour, but we found her owner.

Living out in the country, we get lots of cats dumped off. Sad, but once they go feral, they cause so much damage.

Tom here was a stray, but he hung around since my mom was feeding a stray female. Both are fixed and pets now, though mama kitty is still not real trusting. You cant pick her up, and she is timid. But if she wants petted, she'll let you. Tom (real original, I know) loves attention.

309ci inline 6, 9.75:1 CR, Big Valves, ROLLER ROCKERS, Clifford intake and headers, Schneider 140H cam, DUI HEI ignition, 450 QFT 4bbl carb, Saginaw swap, FlowKooler water pump, Steel timing gears, 2.5in y-pipe into a single 3in cat and borla muffler.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Addicted to Junk

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
Also, how ironic....

BikerPepe` and RicoBronco like this.

309ci inline 6, 9.75:1 CR, Big Valves, ROLLER ROCKERS, Clifford intake and headers, Schneider 140H cam, DUI HEI ignition, 450 QFT 4bbl carb, Saginaw swap, FlowKooler water pump, Steel timing gears, 2.5in y-pipe into a single 3in cat and borla muffler.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here's the typical cat and squirrel watch going on. He only tolerates that specific cat on the couch, because, as you can see, that cat gives no effs about dogs. My other two cats do give effs and he'll try to chase them when they run. He's like a Jurassic Park T-rex.

NYFSB likes this.

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 02:47 PM

Bronco Info: 88 Eddie 5.0 auto
Garage
I trap cats too, two houses down from me a guy puts out food and water for all the stray cats. He's been ticketed for it but he can't understand what he's doing wrong. Drive down the street and cats dart out of everywhere. A new litter shows up every six months. One night I came home late and there was a opossum eating from the guys bowl, next morning a stray dog was eating it. You know theses stray animals aren't vaccinated and the wild critters can carry rabies to every stray that eats from that bowl.
Just last week a dog belonging to some people a block behind me had to be put down because it got rabies and they wouldn't vaccinate their animals.
I can't even walk my Shepherd in my neighborhood.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
I trap cats too, two houses down from me a guy puts out food and water for all the stray cats. He's been ticketed for it but he can't understand what he's doing wrong. Drive down the street and cats dart out of everywhere. A new litter shows up every six months. One night I came home late and there was a opossum eating from the guys bowl, next morning a stray dog was eating it. You know theses stray animals aren't vaccinated and the wild critters can carry rabies to every stray that eats from that bowl.
Just last week a dog belonging to some people a block behind me had to be put down because it got rabies and they wouldn't vaccinate their animals.
I can't even walk my Shepherd in my neighborhood.
I had a run-in with a woman a couple years ago who was feeding these ferals that live in this guys junk. I don't know who told her about them, but she just suddenly started feeding them one day and she doesn't even live in my neighborhood. She does it in the middle of the night because she knows people don't like it and have confronted her about it. It wasn't until I started working graveyard shift that I caught her red handed when I came home in the early morning. That led to police (she called them) which led to essentially nothing. That's a pretty good story, but a long one.

She has a Facebook page she runs and she's always looking for donations to help buy cat food to feed all the feral colonies she looks after across town. Fast forward a bit and she was busted for meth and went to prison for at least 6 months. I'm fairly certain a lot of her donations for cat food went to her habit and that's why she was constantly (every day) asking for donations on her page.
StephenL likes this.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Geeze @BikerPepe` your really having quite a string of luck. I hear white vinegar is really good at getting skunk oil off...
BikerPepe` likes this.

❤ My '82 ❤

🇺🇸 USMC Wife & Mother 🇺🇸
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:44 PM

Bronco Info: 89, 351w C6, man hubs, shift and seats, cruise, tilt AC 76,000 miles
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue 94 View Post
Yuck!

We had a female dog wander in last night. Was the cutest little thing. Was colored like a Jack Russell, but about 40 pounds, 15" tall, a bobbed tail, and the humped snout of a Bull Terrier. Took about an hour, but we found her owner.

Living out in the country, we get lots of cats dumped off. Sad, but once they go feral, they cause so much damage.

Tom here was a stray, but he hung around since my mom was feeding a stray female. Both are fixed and pets now, though mama kitty is still not real trusting. You cant pick her up, and she is timid. But if she wants petted, she'll let you. Tom (real original, I know) loves attention.

Speaking of real original pet names....I have two sibling dogs. The brother is technically my second dog...so I named him Dos. I'm a simple man.
BigBlue 94 likes this.

Common sense will NOT be tolerated!

My kind of crazy is contagious!
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 11:54 PM
Retired Staff

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncMom View Post
Geeze @BikerPepe` your really having quite a string of luck. I hear white vinegar is really good at getting skunk oil off...
I posted right after finishing up with her 1st bath. Tried to get as much as possible, as quickly as possible before it sunk in... and I'm a night owl anyway. Must have been a young one with very little control. Lil' lady washed her again, twice this afternoon with a few different concoctions. We either got it down to tolerable levels or our olfactory senses are wiped out. Such is life... ups and downs. Could use a few more ups though.

The irony of "Pepe`" bitchin' about skunk stank is not lost on me.
BigBlue 94 and BroncMom like this.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 01:18 AM
In Front of Jopes

Bronco Info: Need $$$ to restore 1996, and DD is 2001 F-350 PSD
I don't like cats but I have a black one not by choice, I wanted another damn black lab.

The father of my cat was Lucifer and his mother was Mary Magdalene!
BigBlue 94 likes this.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 01:44 AM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: *90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. *73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Quote:
I posted right after finishing up with her 1st bath. Tried to get as much as possible, as quickly as possible before it sunk in... and I'm a night owl anyway. Must have been a young one with very little control. Lil' lady washed her again, twice this afternoon with a few different concoctions. We either got it down to tolerable levels or our olfactory senses are wiped out. Such is life... ups and downs. Could use a few more ups though.

The irony of "Pepe`" bitchin' about skunk stank is not lost on me.
I have heard over the years that tomato juice kills the stink. The last time one of our dogs got skunked we didn't have any. Same as you, we wanted to wash him up asap. We had tomato soup & gave it a shot. The consistency was almost like shampoo. It worked surprisingly well. Either that or our noses were burned from the stink. He normally hated baths, but that night it seemed like he was saying "get it off me!". We have kept a can of tomato soup on hand ever since.

This is that dog Forrest in my Bronco. He's our last dog so far to be hit by a skunk. He's been gone for a long time. He loved car rides & chasing cats. Until that black & white "stinky cat" that he almost caught nailed him in the face. He quit chasing cats after that.

BikerPepe` and BigBlue 94 like this.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:21 AM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD, tow pkg. & 235/75-15’s on USMag 5 slots
Garage
22lb. kill’a... not. Make sure you turn up the volume.

YouTube (Short URL)
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

We have two. Both indoors.

The Brothers Pepin.

Pepin the Fat (JJ in the video) and Pepin the Gay (Toulon who likes Broadway musicals and would be happy sitting in a bar sipping fruity cocktails and discussing the exquisite costumes in men’s figure skating - he’s a healthy 19 lbs as well).

My Build Thread: Orey Gets Stroked
“It doesn’t need to run like a raped ape... a mildly violated monkey would be fine.”
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:45 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco XLT 5.8L 4" Dick Cepek stage2 lift 33x12.5x15 4.10s True Trac
1 year and 1 month ago somebody dumped this little critter off near my house. She was living under my porch for a couple days before I found her. She was starving and once I started feeding her she decided she was staying. The vet said she was only 10-12 weeks old at the time and she's still pretty small under all of that long fluffy fur.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumbnail (11).jpg
Views:	11
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	141970  

Name:	thumbnail (3).jpg
Views:	9
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	141972  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Off Topic Section > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode