Daughter is now in Chemo... any advice? - Page 12 - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
So we got back late last night. No good news. The MRI showed 3-4 possible spots along her spine. They sent us to x-ray to get a "skeletal survey" of her entire body to get a little different picture of whats goin on. They are supposed to be meeting today (all the docs on her case; oncologists, neurologists, pediatrics, etc.) and will be calling us this afternoon with their findings and what our course of action is gonna be. Another round of chemo/prednisone, or more pinpoint radiation therapy. The latter would require hospitalization unfortunately, but if they are in a bad spot like the one in her neck, then thats the only way to go.

We hopefully caught this earlier then the last one, so maybe we can just do another round of chemo. Once a week trips to Medford for injections.

It would be nice to get it over quick (radiation) but the treatment is more dangerous and really only should be done if the tumor is in a bad spot like the one on her spine.

Well thats the story so far. Will know more later after the phone call.

Stress is back up to "Extreme Tension" level. I think my wife may kill me if I put a toe out of line. That ain't exactly easy for me, but I am tryin

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Bronco Info: 1979 400 / C6
Thoughts and prayers with you guys. I really hope she gets healthy fast.
post #223 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 1996 EB Bronco, 5.8, E40D, Dana 44 SAS, 4.88 gears. 35" SuperSwampers
I'm speechless, really sorry to hear this recent update. I was really hoping to hear some good news. We will be praying up here in Canada Joe!
post #224 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 PM
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!

Bronco Info: 88 FSB. 4.9l -T18-BW1356-33" MTs-Warn hubs Daystar leveling kit
Prayers have been sent to the big guy for your family from mine.

Sliding rear windows, GT roll bar, Cargo net and looking for other rare options. 4.10 gears LSD 33" MTs First ever Stock Fullsize of the Month...
J A S N http://www.supermotors.net/registry/19528
post #225 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
Well we got the call and will be heading back to SF on Sun for an appt on Mon morning. The Doc didn't want to discuss specifics on the phone, just said it would be best to talk about it in person, and that she would be starting chemo again with her first treatment on Mon.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #226 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Not a dude

Bronco Info: 1986 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco View Post
Well we got the call and will be heading back to SF on Sun for an appt on Mon morning. The Doc didn't want to discuss specifics on the phone, just said it would be best to talk about it in person, and that she would be starting chemo again with her first treatment on Mon.
She's a little trooper. Hell, your whole family is a bunch of troopers.
Let us know if you need anything. You guys will be in our thoughts.
post #227 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 PM

Bronco Info: 90 XLT/351W, 6" LFT SAS, 9" 35" TIRES , 4.56, LOCKED, REALLY COOL SNORKEL, OTHER COSTLY CHIT
Prayers sent my friend.....

Riding on in the mist of morning, no one dares stand in my way...possessed by some distant calling, riding on through night and day.

PETE HALEY
post #228 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 PM

Bronco Info: 1986 XLT 5.0 EFI
I've already been through hell once with my son's battle with cancer and yet I still don't know what to say to someone when their child is sick. Probably because I know there is nothing anyone can say to make things better. All I can say is that your family will continue to be in my prayers.

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Wagon LT1
1995 Ford Flare Side 4x4 302 4r70W
2008 Honda CR-V
post #229 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

She has two more tumors, both on her spine. Luckily we picked up on the signs (she was acting just like last time when we found the one on her neck) so they didn't get the chance to get big enough to eat thru into the spinal cord like the one on her neck did.

We started another 6 week course of chemo on monday along with a 6 week daily prednisone course that will taper off the last two weeks. Then back to SF for a check up and most likely onto another "maintenence phase" with 3 week chemo injections and a 5 day burst of the prednisone.

Her hair has already started fallin out.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #230 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:26 PM
search, you #$%@! noob

Bronco Info: broncoless!
i am glad to at least hear they caught these earlier. i know it's not great news, but it is something positive to focus on.

i will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers to your daughter, you, and your family. your bronco family is with you in spirit.

Dave

- Karma is a boomerang -
post #231 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 PM

Bronco Info: 90 eddie bauer 5.8,e40d,4"rough country,33x12.50
I really hate that ya'll are goin through this.I'll put in a word with the big man tonight for some help.
post #232 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 PM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT, 302, 6" superlift & 4" body, 35" coursers, blue flame/skull stickers on side windows
I am so sorry for this latest update. She's such a beautiful girl and quite a strong one. No words are appropriate, but your family is still in my prayers and let us know if there's ever anything that I can do.

Brandi

Will get digi cam for bronc pics VERY soon! Till then..
When the Bronco goes topless, everyone in it goes topless!
post #233 of 335 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Hi Joe,I am new to the site and I came across your story,I am really sorry to hear what you are going thru with your daughter.I am a father of 2 I feel for you,you are in our thoughts and prayers.Jamie from n.J.

Jamie
2005 Dodge Ram Diesel Dually
1990 Ford C350 Centurion
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396
post #234 of 335 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 11:41 PM

Bronco Info: SOLD FOR 'YOTA, Had a '90 w/ D44 SAS, minispooled 9", skyjacker & procomp 8" lift, 3" exhaust
Unfortunately, I've got no words that will change your situation or really, give you any sort of comfort. However, I know for a fact that God works miracles. Just this week a friend of our family had an infection spread rapidly through her 7 month pregnant body. It started shutting down her heart and they had to take the baby and neither momma or baby looked like they were going to make it. I got the phone call and my wife and I prayed and had others in our office pray. By the end of that day, the baby was stabilized and doing remarkably well and the mother was out of a coma, no fever, and the infection was on the retreat.

My wife and I are joining hands right now for you guys. We will pray for God's peace and strength to just permeate your family, and we will pray that God will miraculously heal your daughter and astound the physicians. God bless you guys!

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."--Mark Twain
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."--Benjamin Franklin
post #235 of 335 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Jamie, Hoss, thanx to you both for the well wishes.

This past Tues. was her fourth treatment. She is doing well. She has one more treatment in Medford next week and then her sixth (and last for this round) treatment will be back down in S.F.

She will be starting to taper off on her prednisone here really soon and this is typically when we start to see some problems. It seems like every time at this point her blood counts go into the toilet and we need to keep a close eye on her for fevers and any weird behavior or anything out of the ordinary in general. Her little body has been bolstered up by the steroids and not having them makes the chemo harder to take.

Anyways I took some pics last night. you can really see how chubby the prednisone makes her. She looks like a little pregnant chipmonk:

Look at that belly stickin out:

Ain't she a doll?

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #236 of 335 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Retired

Bronco Info: 2016 Road Glide Ultra
God bless yall Joe. She is a doll.
post #237 of 335 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:17 AM
President, Mels fan club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco View Post
Look at that belly stickin out
She just wants to be like her dad

Thoughts are with you tonight buddy
post #238 of 335 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post

Ouch.

The truth hurts.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #239 of 335 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 1996 EB Bronco, 5.8, E40D, Dana 44 SAS, 4.88 gears. 35" SuperSwampers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post

Even has the pink bow like her dad.
post #240 of 335 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossind View Post
Even has the pink bow like her dad.
You told me you would keep that night to yourself.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode