Daughter is now in Chemo... any advice? - Page 14 - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
Well yesterday was her last (hopefully) chemo treatment. We go back down to SF at the end of the month for a check-up. Barring any relapses, in six months she can have the port removed. We will be going in less frequently now to have the port flushed, but that is it. No more prednisone YaY!!

Unfortunately she is sick with that crappy flu that is goin around, but it hasn't affected any of the areas they look at blood wise for her chemo.

So once again we are in the home stretch. Keep those fingers crossed, kids.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 AM
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!

Bronco Info: 88 FSB. 4.9l -T18-BW1356-33" MTs-Warn hubs Daystar leveling kit
Good luck, glad to hear things are looking up for your family.

Sliding rear windows, GT roll bar, Cargo net and looking for other rare options. 4.10 gears LSD 33" MTs First ever Stock Fullsize of the Month...
J A S N http://www.supermotors.net/registry/19528
post #263 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 01:47 PM

Bronco Info: Stock, low mileage, 5.0, 1989 with manual trans
[QUOTE=Joes93Bronco;1599736]Well yesterday was her last (hopefully) chemo treatment. We go back down to SF at the end of the month for a check-up. QUOTE]

I just finished reading this thread......brought back all the memories of my late wife's battle with cancer. She went through chemo/radiation and won the battle. She was in remission for almost four years when she was hit by a drunk driver.

Let us know how the followups go.

Lest we forget:

SSgt Ray Rangel, USAF
SrA Elizabeth Loncki, USAF
PFC Adam Harris, USA
post #264 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:27 PM

wow I just read this thread. I've seen first hand what the treatments can do with my mother and my grandmother. honestly those pictures make her look like a real fighter. I don't know if everything is said and done and all is well now but I'll be praying for your whole family.

Dan
post #265 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:26 PM

Bronco Info: 1989 351, C6, 6in superlift, 4.56's, 36in TSL's
Man I just read through it. Your one tough SOB, hell your whole family is

ANyway, im 30 minutes from SF, let me know when your down here and ill try to swing by with some food or coffee for you all. PM me next time you are down this way.

post #266 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '95 Bronco, 351W, NP435/205, Solid D44 front, 35" MTR's, 3.55 gears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco (03-05-2008) View Post
We go back down to SF at the end of the month for a check-up
And she passed with flying colors, right?

My SuperFord
'95 Eddie Bauer-- 351W, NP435/205, D44 SAS
post #267 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogeechee 4x4 View Post
And she passed with flying colors, right?
Yes she did. Sorry I missed your reply Geech. Although we have been pretty nervous around here cause she has had diarrhea for a week now. No other symptoms tho and all her blood/urine/stool samples have come back negative. Doc is stumped. We thought she was gettin better but today the explosive bowl spackling started up again. Doc said if she hasn't "firmed up" again within the next few days, we might have to take her up to Medford and put her in the hospital until they figure out whats what.

On a much happier note:

Today is my little girl's 4th birthday. We are very lucky people to have such a strong and feisty little monster in our lives. Her purity, strong will, and even stronger spirit has held us all up thru this. Her little smiling face, happy outlook, and enthusiasm for life inspires everyone around her. I love her more and more every day. It is hard not to. Looking at her beauty it is hard to imagine her as being sick, and even harder to remember how bad it got and how potentially life-threatening her situation became. Hopefully we are past the worst, won't see anymore tumors, and the port will be out in about four more months.

Good job, my sweet Lil Punkin.

Happy Birthday Loran Rose!!!! Daddy loves you!!!!

Her sisters b-day is in four days and we are having a big party for both of them on Sat. the third. I hope to have some good pics.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #268 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
RIP Spring Creek Off Road

Bronco Info: '93 351 bronco thing

........springcreekoffroad.com........
post #269 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '95 Bronco, 351W, NP435/205, Solid D44 front, 35" MTR's, 3.55 gears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco View Post
Yes she did. Sorry I missed your reply Geech.
No worries. I know you're a busy man. That's excellent news, hope she feels better soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco View Post
Her sisters b-day is in four days and we are having a big party for both of them on Sat. the third. I hope to have some good pics.

My SuperFord
'95 Eddie Bauer-- 351W, NP435/205, D44 SAS
post #270 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Update

Just got back late last night from SanFran. She had her port-a-cath removed six months after my last update right on schedule. To dangerous to leave it in because of risk of infection. She was scheduled to be checked up this past monday. As luck would have it, she got really sick last week. Ended up in the hospital with a high fever that she just couldn't shake. Then my wife found a lump on the top of her head. So the docs in SF ordered a CT scan and we went down for her appt. as scheduled for the results and sure enough there are two more tumors on the top of her noggin.

They re-started chemo on Monday as well as the prednisone, but because the port was removed we have to do it thru a regular IV which was NOT FUN. She didn't want to have anything to do with a needle this time. We put a numbing cream on the back of her hands but couldn't convince her it wouldn't hurt. I finally distracted her enough so that when she wasn't looking the nurse slipped the IV in and she didn't feel a thing.

So we are on a six week chemo treatment schedule. She will be re-eval'd at that time. They didn't do any other scans except the head CT, so we are hoping there aren't any others. They don't want to expose her to any more radiation then absolutely necessary. If she starts to complain of hurting or walkin funny (like when the one was on her spine in her neck) then they will check it out.

We don't know if we are gonna let her go to school. When on chemo she is at a greater risk of gettin sick cause the drugs screw up her immune system. And school is a breeding ground for sickness.

Anyways just thought I would update since I slacked off since her last chemo treatment.

On a related side note, the approval for my back surgery finally came thru and it looks like it will coincide with her chemo. My wife is most likely going to have a nervous breakdown having to take care of both of us. She will most likely miss a lot of work. Hopefully we will be able to somehow get the work comp insurance company to pay her for lost wages or something while she is takin care of my crippled ass.

SO that's that. Thanx for lookin.

Oh and this is no joke. Just bad timing.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #271 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 01:24 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: Some Broncos
Oh no, :

I'll be keeping her in my prayers. I am so very sorry to hear this.
post #272 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Retired

Bronco Info: 2016 Road Glide Ultra
Joe man this is one of those threads I hate seeing. It always brings a lot of harsh reality to my life. Wish I had something comforting to say or offer but all I have is my thought and prayers which your family has never left.

To me what sucks the most is the life time of worry that is involved. Your mind never stops thinking about this horrible disease...

Are they going to install another port or a central line?

*edit* You know i had been wanting to ping this thread but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess it was a no news was good news thing for me..
post #273 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Shhhh, I'm not here

Bronco Info: '79 Bronco, 4" Superlift, Perf- 408, Holley 670, C6 w/shift kit, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country
Joe, I too have been hoping that not hearing anything meant things were going good and now after seeing this, it makes my heart ache for you and your family. I will keep you all in my prayers and will send all the strength I have to your wife to help her get through all the hard work that is ahead of her. Women are tough and she'll somehow get through it....as long as you do your best to not be a whinny ass. LOL Just kiddin......best of luck on your surgery and may you recover quickly so you are there for your little girl. God Bless!

post #274 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Sway's jealous of my

Bronco Info: 94 XLT Effer
I'm so sorry to hear it's come back. I really hope the best for you. As said, the fact that nothing else had been said since last year, well, was hoping things were going ok.

I don't want to have kids! >.<

Jake - 94 Flareside 302 5-speed...a "(H)Effer" amongst Bronco's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Beater View Post
Mike2 are you using Saurian's computer?
post #275 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Trying to finish it

Bronco Info: 1988 w/ 351W, C6, NP 208, 6 inch superlift front, BDS rear leaf, 37 inch Boggers, 9" 4.88 detriot
I hope all goes well. I sense you and yours are tough and fight hard. Keep upbeat and positive and both of you will pull through fine. I wouldn't let her go to school, she can always be home schooled or held back a year. In my opinion it is not worth the risk. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

If you can walk to the welfare office, then you can walk to work.- Al Capone
post #276 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Back in Action

Bronco Info: Puke Green Lot's of lift and 38s with Dana 60 SAS and 10.25 Rear
Wow man. I got your family in my prayers man. Good luck and keep fighting.

CHECK OUT MY RIDES

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtarsha View Post
You're annoying me. Shut your manpleaser.
post #277 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79F150 View Post
Joe man this is one of those threads I hate seeing.
Dale, honestly, I hated posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79F150
It always brings a lot of harsh reality to my life. Wish I had something comforting to say or offer but all I have is my thought and prayers which your family has never left.
I'll take em

Quote:
To me what sucks the most is the life time of worry that is involved. Your mind never stops thinking about this horrible disease...
The good news is that as the child gets older the likely hood of recurrence lessens, and most kids never have any more after around age ten.

Quote:
Are they going to install another port or a central line?
We are gonna just do it with IV's this time. The risks of surgery are to great since they have to fully knock her out and her age.

Quote:
*edit* You know i had been wanting to ping this thread but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess it was a no news was good news thing for me..
I wonder if that's why I stayed away myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFilly View Post
Joe, I too have been hoping that not hearing anything meant things were going good and now after seeing this, it makes my heart ache for you and your family. I will keep you all in my prayers and will send all the strength I have to your wife to help her get through all the hard work that is ahead of her. Women are tough and she'll somehow get through it....as long as you do your best to not be a whinny ass. LOL Just kiddin......best of luck on your surgery and may you recover quickly so you are there for your little girl. God Bless!
Thanx Filly!!! I will totally do my best not to whine to much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurian View Post
I'm so sorry to hear it's come back. I really hope the best for you. As said, the fact that nothing else had been said since last year, well, was hoping things were going ok.

I don't want to have kids! >.<
Like I said above the longer we go without recurrence the better the chance it won't come back. The good news is that the treatment works for her, has always worked, and will hopefully work again. She has come thru each time with flyin colors, healthy and strong. We hope there won't be a strong reaction this time. The hairloss the first time was really tough on my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHeavyBronc View Post
I hope all goes well. I sense you and yours are tough and fight hard. Keep upbeat and positive and both of you will pull through fine. I wouldn't let her go to school, she can always be home schooled or held back a year. In my opinion it is not worth the risk. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
The jury is still out on the school. Her pre-school class is very small. Her older sis is in first grade, so she has just as much chance of getting it from her sister. And we are not talking Taran out of school. She gets pushed to the back burner enough as it is cause of all this. She loves school and we can't take that away from her. We are going to use every precautionary measure we can to keep the germs at bay. We are donating a bunch of hand sanitizer to both class rooms as dirty hands are the worst of disease carriers.

Thanx for your well wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96GreenMonster View Post
Wow man. I got your family in my prayers man. Good luck and keep fighting.
Thanx GM. Any and all prayers are appreciated. If you're a church person, get them involved too. The more positive energy coming her way the better.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #278 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Retired

Bronco Info: 2016 Road Glide Ultra
Thanks for the reply Joe and please keep us in the loop...
post #279 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 09:10 PM

Bronco Info: Stockish 93 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356; 79, 400/T-18/NP205, D44/9"
damn....

She's in my thoughts Joe. You and yours are amazing people; my very best to ya'll.

post #280 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 09:35 PM

Bronco Info: 89xlt.SAS,oba,4.10 gears,Detriot in the rear,L/S in front on 35 BFG mudders.
Joe,if you need someone to talk to,give me a ring.

89 Bronco SAS and stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Off Topic Section > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode