Daughter is now in Chemo... any advice? - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Former owner of Shadofax

Bronco Info: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints. D60 rear/Detroit. 4wheel disc,35" KO2's, 4.56etc.
Joe, when ya get back down there and you find a minute, please PM me with your cell # again, and exact address of where you are/how you can be reached on the OHSU campus.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadofax
Joe, when ya get back down there and you find a minute, please PM me with your cell # again, and exact address of where you are/how you can be reached on the OHSU campus.

will do.

just got home. got to town at about 1130 this morn. what a sucky drive.

just got off the phone with wife. baby girl got her first chemo injection. seems to be doin ok. is sleepin now.

spent a couple hours today with a realtor friend lookin at a new place to move to. bigger place but a bigger shithole. the owner says hes gonna pony up and pay to get a bunch of stuff fixed (previous renter had a dog that shit all over the carpet.....and the poop was still there ) but it dont look good. i got too high of standards and they went even higher now that my girl needs to stay healthy. hard to find good places to live here (for rent) that arent seriously expensive.

crap. i'm tired gonna sleep a couple of days i think.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #23 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
i cant believe this sweet thing is gonna lose that beautiful hair

the social worker for the ward talked to my wife today about applyin for SSI for my daughter. hopefully we'll get it cause with me on disability for the foreseeable future and my wife missin work we need all the help we can get. thank god for health insurance. at least i still got that bein on Workman's comp. she is also lookin into other options for us. we may apply for state aid too. really hate to do that but what else do we do? i have no idea how much her meds are gonna cost. or her follow up appts. not to mention gas for her trips to Portland and/or Medford once a week. gas here in town went up to $3.09 while i was gone. bastards. We have already used the $1200 saved for my axle and the $600 saved for my sons plane ticket this summer from Ohio.

Anybody got any ideas or info on resources that i can contact, lemme know. anyone who knows what she may be in for, i would like your perspective on this.

hard part is that we are from Cali and the hospital is in Oregon. so the social worker doesn't have much stuff for us. i hate bein broken and bein broke too. that makes Joe a sad panda.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #24 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

on a totally unrelated note this bronco was parked on the top level of the parking structure next to RMH everyday:

i dug it.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #25 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Former owner of Shadofax

Bronco Info: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints. D60 rear/Detroit. 4wheel disc,35" KO2's, 4.56etc.
Awesome truck Joe. hey, hang in there, get some sleep tonight. I'm calling that number tomorrow. Let us know your schedule, I actually have the weekend pretty free it's looking like now, but will probably not go up there if you're not going to be there. I would like to send something though, and want to make sure it gets to your family.

post #26 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

maybe we can do sumthin next weekend.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #27 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Former owner of Shadofax

Probably a no on that since I've got to get ready for a biz trip.

post #28 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Hey Joe, God bless your baby girl and the family you all are in our prayes over here. My son was in the childrens hospital in portland for 2 week with a lung infection before they do great work up there. your Baby Girl is in goodhands. there looking out for her

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless
post #29 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Probably a no on that since I've got to get ready for a biz trip.
i'll just go hang out with Tim then

he'll prolly be busy now

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #30 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCowboy
Hey Joe, God bless your baby girl and the family you all are in our prayes over here. My son was in the childrens hospital in portland for 2 week with a lung infection before they do great work up there. your Baby Girl is in goodhands. there looking out for her
i am confident that these people are the best of the best. they truly are angels.

and my daughter deserves no less.

thanx Rebel

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #31 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Former owner of Shadofax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco
i'll just go hang out with Tim then

he'll prolly be busy now

Hey, I have a package going out on Monday, it's a small box, so let your wife know.

post #32 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks 351w500

Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Anytime bro anytime

post #33 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey, I have a package going out on Monday, it's a small box, so let your wife know.
So.....................you're sayin you only got a small package?

Poor guy.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #34 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 07:59 PM

yeah, and it's for your wife

post #35 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

somebody's gotta do it

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #36 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 09:47 PM

I'm tellin her you said that!
post #37 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 10:59 PM
President, Mels fan club.

Joe, sorry to hear about your daughter, hope everything is looking good.

BTW, where in Calif. are you?

post #38 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks 351w500

He"s at the top of Calif lol all by himself.

post #39 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCowboy
He"s at the top of Calif lol all by himself.

thats what the map says. I'm also an honorary PNW member cause they are the closest to me.

They sprung my kid today. shes back at the Ronald McDonald House. My wife (Angela) says that she is doin great and is as feisty as ever. i guess the steroids shes on make her a little hyper. they got her first set of 'scrips too. i guess they were REALLY spendy. again the insurance helps out. only $80 for this first go round thanx to co-pay's. i guess the chemo meds are pretty gnarly so she has to take Zantac for her tummy. she will have to take an antibiotic (forget what Ang said it was) on sat and sun every week to help bolster her immune system and prevent infection. also the docs say that her urine could actually burn her and us. they recommend wearing gloves to change her diaper. i say fawk that. i ain't gonna make her feel weird wonderin why daddy has gloves on now when he never did before. cant be worse then battery acid. i ain't that much of a pu$$y.

she has to check back into the hospital on Tues for the surgery to have the "port" put in. she will have a small incision in her chest then they thread the tube up thru a vein into her right atrium. the upside is that she wont have any tubes and junk hanging all over the place and she'll be able to play like normal. then when they give her the injection, they numb the skin over the port, use a special needle that goes thru the skin, into the port which has a special "diaphragm" that seals itself after the needle is pulled out. hopefully it wont be to traumatic for her.

Angela says that she thinks the two lumps on her neck have actually gone down. i hope so and that it ain't just a little wishful thinkin.

on the flip tho my 4 yr old Taran has been a total pill. she is being totally unmanageable for my wife. i think that she has a bad bad case of the green meanies. her sister is gettin a lot of attention from a lot of people and Taran is way jealous. I'm gonna have to whup her when i get back up there.

not really. we're just gonna have to find ways to make her feel special too.

after a little research by Mark (Shadofax), we have an address if anyone wants to send a card or anything:

Loran Rose Eatmon
Room # 202
c/o Ronald McDonald House
3440 SW US Veterans Hospital Road
Portland, OR 97239

I'm pretty lonely here all by myself. and scatterbrained too. took out some trash earlier and locked myself outta my apartment. luckily had my cell (got a death grip on it actually) and called my landlord and she swung by and let me in. what a jackin fukass. tried goin over to a friends house but felt even more lonely surrounded by folks. guess if i cant be with my three girls I'd rather be alone. i can only take so much sympathy right in my face.

oh well. what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #40 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids78bronco
I'm tellin her you said that!

not if i tell her first

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode