Daughter is now in Chemo... any advice? - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 07:07 PM

bro all the best to your lil girl. this is a brutal read i hate hearing about kids and this stuff . stay strong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
Update w/pics (inc. after surgery pic of port)

havent been able to get any computer time lately. lots of people here with only 3 pc's makes it hard to get on. any way got a few pics i thought i'd put up and a little update on progress.

Loran is doin real well. She had her second treatment last Fri. The "port" works great and she does good with it. they numb the skin about 20 mins before hand so she doesnt even feel it. she just doesnt like it when the nurse comes at her with the needle in their hand. they just push in the needle till it hits the steel back of the port. then it has lines that come out just like an i.v. they put in saline then the chemo drug then flush it with some special crap to keep the line from clogging with blood.

doc says that if everything goes well this week and if they are able to get everything set-up with the doc in Medford then we should be home by Fri night :woohoo

on the downside, the steriodal anti-inflammatory drug makes her hyper, makes her not listen to a damn thing i say (which is drivin me and Angela nutz), and makes her eat like a pig! she just packs away food like you wouldnt believe. i just cant see where she puts it. it's amazing. and the worst part, her hair is comming out. already. lots of it. it makes you wanna cry.

anyhoo heres some pics.

Happy Easter:

Easter girls:

the port:

Her brother Logan sent her a fairy princess costume:

And the best one yet:

Her present from Mark Z. (Shadofax) She loves that little bunny. Been sleepin with it too.

Thank you Mark. You are a true angel. You made my little girl happy when she needs it most. My family will never forget that.

Joe

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #63 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 08:39 PM

Bronco Info: I may be slow, but I'm expensive!
you've got one cute kid, Joe. Despite it all, she appears to be taking it all fairly well. I know how kids can be, about not listening to their parents, so I can only imagine what you're going thru, with yours on steroids

Thanks for the update, Joe, it's good to read good news, now and then
post #64 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Thanks for the update Joe im so glad things are going for the better now.Sorry to hear that about her hair,So you going to shave your head when the time comes to make her feel better??And have a safe trip home

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless
post #65 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
yeah the hair will be commin off. its really long for me too. havent had long hair since i was 18.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #66 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks 351w500

Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
right on

post #67 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:36 PM
I have C.R.S

Bronco Info: 1996 Bronco xlt 351W E4OD Automatic with full options 6" lift / 37" x 12.50" x 17" BFG Karwlers
Hope everything continues going well Dude You have quite the lil Trooper there. Lots to be proud of As for the not listening to mom and pop Get used to it its all part and parcle. As for the food thing check her big toes for a cork.She might have a hollow leg or two. Keep up the good fight and

Take care

Nemesis
post #68 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

will find out today if we can go home. prolly leave tomorrow or sat. depends on her blood tests and wether or not they got everything lined up with the doc in medford. may be back up here in about 3-4 weeks possibly to do some scans to see how well the tumors are responding to the chemo.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #69 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks 351w500

Well Joe im a hoping you get to go home.Im sure your little gurls miss there own beds

post #70 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Shhhh, I'm not here

Bronco Info: '79 Bronco, 4" Superlift, Perf- 408, Holley 670, C6 w/shift kit, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country
She is such a beautiful little girl and they can be so amazing how they can handle things like this. My prayers are with you all to continue your struggles for complete recovery and a bright future.

post #71 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 02:52 PM
TTB Will Survive

Bronco Info: 96, 5.8l, ARB's, 6"/ext radis arms, 35's, K&N Intk sytm, 3" Exhst, Trans Go, 10k Wnch, Cstm Bmpr
Joe,

I spoke with my mom and my sister. What they went through was a little different but a sugestion from my mom which is one of the things she did. She took allot of antioxidants to fight the free radicals which helps fight off the cancer or bad cells.

My mom was dealing wth lymhp nod cancer and my newphew was dealing with something simliar to your daughter but I read the post and my sister was unfamiliar with the terms used.

Hopefully all is well. Again, if you need to head down South to Santa Rosa, PM me and I'll hook you up.

96' EB 351W Trans Go Shift Kit ARB's frnt/bk 4.56 Cstm steering-1.5 dom tube 1 ton Chevy tie rod ends Hypertech Prgrmr K&N Cold Air Intake systm w/snrkel 35" tires 6" lift 5" skyjacker leafs Bilsteins 3" Exhaust front to back Cstm front & rear Bmpr Cstm skid plate and rear diff skid plate 10k Mile Mrker winch Confer Rack systm w/cstm mods & 6-130w lights front & top Lights on side back & under dual battery Saginaw Swap F450 brake systm
post #72 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

thanx all. might not be goin home after all. gotta go back to the hemo/onco clinic in the morn. she has been pee'in her little brains out today. they are on the watch for "diabetes insipidus" and thats a sign. she usually has 4-5 peepee diapers and she's up to about 11 today alone.

so we might get to spend her b-day back in the hospital.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #73 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

we are home. we were stuck at the cancer clinic til 3pm waiting on the blood tests/urine tests for the diabetes insipidus. came back OK so we went back to McDonald's house and cleaned up our room and checked out. we left Portland at 5pm and made it home at 1230 in the morning. the diabetes they were lookin for is not regular "blood sugar" stuff. this is when something in her brain shuts down and she cant retain fluids. just pees em straight out. really dangerous apparently. if they had found signs of it they would have admitted her back into the hosp and we would have been stuck up there for who knows how long.

her follow up appts are gonna be in Ashland and we will prolly go back up to Portland after 12 weeks to get new images done to see how much the tumors have shrunk.

got up this morning and my older girl says "what is this place?". i guess after almost a month bein away she forgot her home. pretty funny.

good to be home and sleep in our own beds. there is already a stack of bills waiting here from OHSU. opened one and it was for 10 grand!! i didn't open any others. don't think the ol' ticker can take it.

my sister-in-law told our story to the local paper and it was on the front page today. now she's famous.

we are gonna have a small cake-&-ice cream party tomorrow for the girls' b-day's. just family. nuthin fancy.

just a little note to let all who care whats up.

Joe

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #74 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Zombie Hunter

Bronco Info: 1993 Eddie Bauer, 351, 5.8 liter V8, somebody come help me put all this junk i just bought on!!
Home sweet home.

You and your family are still in my prayers.

post #75 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob
Home sweet home.

You and your family are still in my prayers.
more like "hovel crappy hovel"

Thanx Rob. what did you ever do about that amp?

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #76 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Zombie Hunter

Bronco Info: 1993 Eddie Bauer, 351, 5.8 liter V8, somebody come help me put all this junk i just bought on!!
I hooked it up right and it worked....imagine that.

post #77 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

dumbass.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #78 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Original FSB.COM Owner

Bronco Info: Another Broncoless Admin
Joe, i'm glad to hear you have made it home, I am sure it will do wonders for everyones spirit, the pictures are awesome, you have a beautiful family, thanks for the updates

Joe
FullSizeBronco.com
post #79 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsotmoon
Joe, i'm glad to hear you have made it home, I am sure it will do wonders for everyones spirit, the pictures are awesome, you have a beautiful family, thanks for the updates

Thanx for the words Boss. Mucho appreciated.

everybody seems to be doin good. Wife slept good for the first time in 3 weeks. Girls have been playin in their room with their own toys all day and seem to be havin a blast. it will be good to get back into their routine.

i on the other hand am beat to $hit. my ankle is hurtin pretty damn bad and my hip is twitchin. been pretty doped up today. gonna crash early tonight i think.

first gotta watch HGTV so i can win my dream home

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #80 of 335 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks 351w500

Joe, tell her I want her autograph. Glad you all made it home safe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode