Daughter is now in Chemo... any advice? - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
We had a little b-day party last night for the girls. Fri was Lorans and Tarans is tomorrow. Just family and a couple friends over for cake and ice cream and some presents.

I made these little bags filled with goodies:

Girls in their party dresses:

Opening presents:

Lighting the candles:

Blowin' em out:

Eatin cake:

Pretty Birthday Girls:

Really nice no stress little party. The girls were happy happy happy.

All set up for her next appt in Ashland on Thurs.

Joe

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Your going to have your hands full Joe when they get older. You got two cuties there

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless
post #83 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Shhhh, I'm not here

Bronco Info: '79 Bronco, 4" Superlift, Perf- 408, Holley 670, C6 w/shift kit, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country
Joe, I'm so glad things are getting a little more relaxed for your family and I will continue to send prayers for continue success with her recovery.

Way to go dad, you have done a great job keeping the family going through all this. You should be very proud of yourself and your family for all they have done to support each other through this. I'm impressed at your strength.

post #84 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCowboy
Your going to have your hands full Joe when they get older. You got two cuties there
way full. they are hotties and they know it. i need to start buyin guns to clean.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #85 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco
way full. they are hotties and they know it. i need to start buyin guns to clean.
You know it Bro

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless
post #86 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

spent all day yesterday in Ashland/Medford meeting Lorans new pediatric oncologist doctor and registering her at Rogue Valley Hospital which is where she'll be getting her chemo treatments. Long day. Left the apt at 630am got to Ashland at 930am. left the doc's office at 1100am to go to the hospital and was there till 430pm. got home last night at 845pm. Long long long day. everybody was real cranky. esp. me cause i forgot to take my meds with me and was a hurtin unit.

Again Loran did real well with the injection. her blood counts are doin great. the chemo kills off good cells as well as bad, but she is holdin her own against it. she is a healthy strong little girl. the hair is still commin off tho. with every brush stroke.

so aside from everything taking so long and their procedures bein way different from up in Portland, we were happy with the docs and with the pediatric nurses at Rogue Valley. new faces for the baby which she didn't like but that will change.

we talked with a social worker while there and she gave us some good info on Social Security and how it works. if we qualify for that she will automatically be eligible for Medi-cal which will pay for what ever my private insurance thru work doesn't. she said that it should also retro back to when this all started. which is awesome cause the bills are already massive. she also said that she might be able to help offset some travel costs too. she will let us know next week when we go back up.

we might be movin into that place i mentioned a few posts back. seems the owner spent some money to get it cleaned up and still wants to rent to us. it would be pretty kewl too cause this place is not filling the needs of our child right now. we don't have a dishwasher here which would guarantee clean sterile dishes and medicine droppers and such. the new place does. also we have no washer and dryer. there is a laundry room but it sucks donkey balls. doesn't even have hot water. Angela spends hours at the laundromat every week while our washer & dryer sit in storage. the new place has a laundry closet right off the dining room. also a fenced in back yard for her to play in this summer.

So thats whats up wit me, how you all doin?

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #87 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Last Fridays appt. went much much smoother. We were in and out in 2 hours. The nurse was great. Kids loved her. The social worker got the ok to re-imburse us for some of our travel expenses. all in all pretty painless compared to last week.

Goin back to Medford next Fri. and then possibly to Portland for her next appt. cause she is due for some scans. The docs just gotta decide what kind she needs. If they gotta do another MRI then its back up to Portland.

Loran is doing ok. we have begun to taper her dosage of Prednisone (steriodal anti-inflammatory) which is great cause it makes her a little (alot) crazy. should hopefully have her weaned off of it in 9 more days. then she'll only get it in bursts, not everyday.

Her hair continues to come out, but it is so thick most people cant tell. We can tho. especially when we brush her hair and it comes out really bad.

Our friends Bill and Erin had us over for Mothers Day dinner tonight. They wanted to do something nice for Angela since she has been so stressed out form bein SuperMom. It was real good fun, except Loran took a tumble off the steps to the front porch and Angela FREAKED! Luckily she wasnt hurt and got up and brushed it off like, "what?" She rolled down five steps and landed on a concrete pad. Couple of scrapes and one bruise on her forehead. She is one tough little kid.

i took some pics but the camera is in the van and I'm to lazy to go get it. I'll post em later.

Joe

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #88 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Bronco Info: 2008 Jeep Liberty
Sorry to hear about the kids.
I went through radiation and chemo when I was 12, nasophannyal carcinoma, (cancer). I thing that I wish I would have done was kept a journal. No that I look back I don't remember the correct dates, what I did at a certain time etc.

Good luck.

08 Liberty now ->Gone 96 Explorer XLT AWD 5.0-> Gone-> 95 Bronco XLT
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/23707

Life is full of struggles, you just need to know how to over come them.
http://www.facebook.com/scheki
post #89 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Sway Is My Fan Club.

Bronco Info: '78 Ranger XLT - 429/C6, 4"s/35s.
Quote:
Loran is doing ok. we have begun to taper her dosage of Prednisone (steriodal anti-inflammatory) which is great cause it makes her a little (alot) crazy. should hopefully have her weaned off of it in 9 more days. then she'll only get it in bursts, not everyday.
Yeah, I know the Prednisone jitters well. When I got out of the hospital from the transplant, I was on 30mg I think it was. I would sit and wiggle my toes and not even be aware of it, just fidgety. Glad they're gonna taper and stop it, it can be rough on your bones.

Glad your little girl is doing ok with it so far. Hang in there, it'll all work out. Haven't read this whole thing and don't know if you're a religious person, but God watches over little children...and their parents, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheki
I thing that I wish I would have done was kept a journal. No that I look back I don't remember the correct dates, what I did at a certain time etc.
Yeah, this is a good idea. There's been several times when filling out forms for disability where I've had to think back over a couple years and try to remember who I saw and when I had a procedure done. Definitely would have made those times simplier if I had it all written down in one place for quick reference.

'66 F100 -- Little Black
'78 Bronco -- Brutus
post #90 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Shhhh, I'm not here

Bronco Info: '79 Bronco, 4" Superlift, Perf- 408, Holley 670, C6 w/shift kit, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country
Glad to hear things are doing well overall. I will continue to wish you all success and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

post #91 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '95 Bronco, 351W, NP435/205, Solid D44 front, 35" MTR's, 3.55 gears
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFilly
Glad to hear things are doing well overall. I will continue to wish you all success and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Just hang in there bro--prayers sent

My SuperFord
'95 Eddie Bauer-- 351W, NP435/205, D44 SAS
post #92 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

This is my journal.

Thanx guys. ya know i love you all. especially you Jon. not in a gay kinda way but like a real man.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #93 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '95 Bronco, 351W, NP435/205, Solid D44 front, 35" MTR's, 3.55 gears
We know, dude. No explination necessary.

Lemme know if I can do anything else for you, though

My SuperFord
'95 Eddie Bauer-- 351W, NP435/205, D44 SAS
post #94 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogeechee 4x4
Lemme know if I can do anything else for you, though
you got it

we are keeping a journal too. my wife has written in a journal everyday (almost) since my 4 yr old was born. at night after the kids are sleepin we discuss the day and what they did and she writes it all down. so along with this thread we have a pretty accurate and detailed account of all this.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #95 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Got a call from Doernbechers today. They have us set up for new x-rays and an MRI on Fri. the 26th, three total appts starting at 11 am. We will be traveling up on Thurs. and will probably stay till Sat.

We are both very anxious about these tests. This will show how much the tumors have shrunk, if any, and will confirm that this course of chemo treatment is working. I'm afraid if they havent shrunk that my wife will have a nervous breakdown. She has been really worried sick over whether it's working or not.

We are gonna leave fairly early on Thurs. and take our time getting up there. Maybe be up there around 3-4 in the afternoon. Will most likely be staying at Ronald McDonald house again if they have room.

X-Men 3 starts that weekend so we will most likely catch it up there at a big theater if we can swing the $$. Our little theater here doesn't do big kewl movies like that justice. Both my girls totally dig superheroes. (not that I have anything to do with it )

Joe

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #96 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 10:11 PM
rolling Rolling ROLLING....

Bronco Info: 98 TJ
best of luck to you Joe...prayers are sent that everything will go the right way....keep us posted.

Tim

Newest token Jeep owner....

post #97 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 07:05 PM

prayers for your daughter...

Quote:
totally different stuff. he just had an infection similar to strep. swelled up real bad full of goo and was back down in a week after takin antibiotics. all in his eye itself.

the babies was in her forehead and moved down into her eye.

his swelling up happened in a couple of hours pretty much and he was really really sick wit fevers and junk. she never really got sick, the lump just got bigger.

but after already goin thru something really similar with my boy it really freaked us all out.

now i'm goin back to cali, cali, cali, im goin back to cali..............i really dont want to.
just wanted to let you know brother that im prayin for your daughter and I hope she recovers from all this..gotta be tough though..i cant comprehend.
post #98 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco28
just wanted to let you know brother that im prayin for your daughter and I hope she recovers from all this..gotta be tough though..i cant comprehend.
Thanx fer teh good wishes, man. Much appreciated

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
post #99 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 07:15 PM

sad to hear about your little angel, prayers are on their way. the bad things shouldnt happen to children, they should be saved up for the adults.
post #100 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos&bombs
sad to hear about your little angel, prayers are on their way. the bad things shouldnt happen to children, they should be saved up for the adults.
yeah, like the "bad" ones.

Thanx to you too, b&b.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

-Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode