Retired-So now its back to the 79 Build - Ford Bronco Forum
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By Dusm5475
  • 2 Post By Dusm5475

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: Sold my 1996 XL. Work in progress 79, 400 , c6, np205, Dana 44 and 9"
Garage
Retired-So now its back to the 79 Build

I recently retired after 31 years of government work. I got my brain back and now its time to continue what I started more than 4 years ago. My 1979 Bronco Custom. I am re-introducing myself as it has been a while since I have been here. I know everyone here that shares their insight will be a blessing to me in the future. Hope to continue my rebuild here soon.
BigBlue 94, cobrajoe and youngDUMP like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:14 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, E40D trans, Dana44 TTB
Garage
Welcome back and congrats on being able to retire, I'm 47 and already ready lol....

JPC #96EB_BRONCO
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 07:20 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Dusm5475,
Welcome home from your ardous journey through the swamp!😎

Here is some infomfor your 79 and a refresher for you;
Ford 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual via topsig (Ziggy) @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Bronco Brochure (partial) @ Early Bronco HQ is about 1966-77 Ford Broncos -- 1979 Bronco Sales Brochure

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

See Technical Service Bulletins @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ https://broncograveyard.com/rt-1273-...-archives.html
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort; you'd be the first.

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop @ Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop

Dave Graham's 1979 Ford Truck Manual on CD @ https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...r+manual,10335
Authorized copy of the Ford manual for all systems. Ask seller if it will run on your PC, etc. with it's operating system such as WIN10. Three Volumes!
Search Google for a better deal.

Please fill out your Bronco Info with engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.
Click User CP
Edit Your Details,
Scroll down to Bronco Info

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as 1978-'79 Bronco Tech that requires 30 posts to view or post) or 1978-'79 Bronco Tech, Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view), etc.

Forum FAQs @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...lies-faqs.html includes for example:
Baba Looeys favorite FSB Links, lots & lots of tech-links @
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ech-links.html

How to Post Pics @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...-pictures.html

How to search @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...-advanced.html

➡️ Try to find time to participate in and Vote in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests.
Contests will be held in JANUARY, MARCH, MAY, JULY & SEPTEMBER. Each month in-between will be used for nominating contestants to run in the following Month.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)!
Al

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208, Detroit Truetracs front and rear
Congrats on your retirement and welcome back I have (Lord willing) 137 Mondays to go to mine and very much lookin' forward to it. I'm trying to get my 81 ready to be our second vehicle and my daily by then.

Lookin' forward to watching your build thread
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: Sold my 1996 XL. Work in progress 79, 400 , c6, np205, Dana 44 and 9"
Garage
Glad to be back and looking forward to using the resources you provided as well as the knowledge of everyone here.

Miesk5-I had your old bronco website bookmarked and read through some of the information. Extremely helpful.

SRWillis-137 Mondays will be gone quicker than you think.

See you all on my build thread when I post it.
miesk5 and SRWillis like this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:58 PM

Garage
Congrats on the retirement! I could go any time but still like going to work so I'm gonna wait another 18 months. Good luck with the build. My favorite truck of all time was my '78 F-150 until it made it's way south of the border without my permission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode