• 1 Post By miesk5
  • 1 Post By mckenziedg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 83 Bronco 302/C6, 3.55 Posi F&R
Garage
83 Bronco from Tennessee

Hello all!!

New to the forum and new to the Bronco community. I picked up this 1983 from the second owner. Here's what I know so far:

It's got a 302/C6 with (about 90% sure) 94,000 miles. 3.55 gears D44 TTB front 8.8 rear with POSI front and rear, Mud Claw M/Ts 32x11.50.

Tailgate has seen better days but overall the body is straight with minimal rust. The only real rust issue is on the passenger side lower front door post and small hole under the rear seat on the driver side.

PO put in new fuel pump, water pump, radiator w/hoses, master cylinder, F&R u-joints. Tires are probably 80-90%.

Runs and drives good, dash isn't cracked . I've got a few small things to work on and fix, but I will probably keep as is for now. I plan to use it to get around in the winter and as a hunting truck. Future plans for now will be 351w, D44 solid front and Ford 9" rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (672.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Grill.jpg (779.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Interior_front.jpg (346.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Interior_rear.jpg (466.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Tailgate.jpg (473.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg MFG plate.jpg (473.7 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer
Garage
Hello and welcome. Nice looking Bronco. It's an addiction I gotta confess. Lots of great information on here. Good luck
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:19 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo mckenziedg,
Welcome!

FYI, here is the 1983 Bronco Operating Guide @ 1983 Ford Bronco Manuals & Pamphlets (Scanned) picture | SuperMotors.net

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Fasteners by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Carburetors, Chokes & EFI by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Specifications by ​​Gary @ Axle Ratios - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Differences in 1980-1986 Bronco/F Series by ​​Gary

1983 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Gary @ 1983 Bronco - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

See the ONLY EEC3 overview, wiring & Vacuum diagrams on the net by Tommy @ Wayback Machine

Also see: DIY EEC III Timing Procedure by Eric, **DONOTDELETE** @ https://forums.off-road.com/ford-67-...4-eec-iii.html

As you've done for the cargo area floor pan and C6 possible upgrade, for any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

Look at Technical Service Bulletins @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database

Forum faqs @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...lies-faqs.html
includes for example;
How to use search (Advanced) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...-advanced.html

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/21-noobie-bronco-tech-questions-flame-free-zone/131287-baba-looeys-favorite-fsb-links-lots-lots-tech-links.html[/url]

➡️Please participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...o-t-m-voting/:
Contests will be held in JANUARY, MARCH, MAY, JULY, & SEPTEMBER. Each month in-between will be used for nominating contestants to run in the following Month.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)⚠️
SRWillis likes this.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:21 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208, Detroit Truetracs front and rear
to FSB and congrats on the Bullnose

If it were mine, I wouldn't change the drive train, especially with posi diffs; it should do very well for what you are planning on using it for.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 83 Bronco 302/C6, 3.55 Posi F&R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRWillis View Post
to FSB and congrats on the Bullnose

If it were mine, I wouldn't change the drive train, especially with posi diffs; it should do very well for what you are planning on using it for.

I appreciate your $0.02! I think you may be right, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Only reason I wanted the 351w would be for more power. I've been reading/researching the past couple days and I think I can do some tasteful mods to the 302 to gain a few extra ponies (see what I did there)
SRWillis likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:26 AM

Bronco Info: 1992
Welcome what part of Tennessee?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode