New here from fl!!! - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Isaac95

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

New here from fl!!!

Been reading a lot of forums before making a account. I have a 95 bronco xlt has the 5.0/e4od. I have done a lot of work to it engine wise, new trans, has a 6 inch lift. I bought the bronco bone stock with a slippy transmission. But all thatís fixed. The problem Iím having now as of yesterday morning is while driving to work it felt like my engine started missing or hesitating. It only did it for a second or two then cleared up. My overdrive and everythingís works fine. Now as of today leaving work it did the same thing but then trans was stuck in overdrive. I came to a stop pulled the shifter to 1st gear and went along then shifted to second and nothing happens. As I got speed I put it in drive and it shifted but not sure what gear it went into and then it continued to go in and out of overdrive for no reason and while it did the the cel continued to go off and on the whole time along with the od button working and not working. While Iím at stops and itís doing this it sound like the engine has a really big cam and smells as if itís running super rich. So as I got home I decided to plug my scanner into it when I turned the key on I noticed the fuel pump was continuously priming unless I turned the key off. But I left it on and tried to run codes and the scanner wouldnít even link to the computer. So I left it alone came back an hour later and the fuel pumped primed for a second or 2 and shut off and now the computer is linking to the scanner but no codes came up other than 111 and 654. And 654 is because I have a dual straight pipes with cherry bombs. Not sure what it is Iím stumped and have read a bunch of forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:32 PM

Bronco Info: 83 Bronco 302/C6, 3.55 Posi F&R
Garage
Welcome to FSB! Lets see some pics!!

1983 Bronco 302 paired with a C6; 3.55 gears limited slip front and rear
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Here’s pics of my bronco!! Don’t worry the rear lift is on now😂
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 290AF58A-6737-454C-96BB-1EF7ABEDA57D_1565195888535.jpeg (892.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg CABEF542-5608-43DB-A108-F47A31496871_1565195914300.jpg (692.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg D15FEDBC-B180-42CC-9D1E-66C9C928EB65_1565195970952.jpg (470.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 9D355D26-9195-4886-89D6-C11063219B75_1565196005553.jpg (612.5 KB, 3 views)
EMO42 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:24 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 4:56 gears, Detroit locker, 35 inch BFG mud radials. 1996 XL 302, all manual
Nice ride.

From the live oaks and Sago palms I'll say North Central Florida. East of Orlando maybe?

Anyway it's that time of year..... GO GATORS!!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

I’m around the Ocala area
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:18 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Isaac,
Welcome to our BIG BRONCO site!
TD1 KEY ON ENGINE OFF DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCS) 67/634, 522 AND 654:
CHECK MANUAL LEVER POSITION (MLP) SENSOR ALIGNMENT

miesk5 Note, as of 1994, the Neutral Safety Switch or Neutral Drive Switch (NDS) is referred to as a Manual Lever Position Sensor (MLPS) or Transmission Range (TR) Sensor.

DTCs 522 and 654 indicate the gear selector was not in Park during Self-Test.
Possible causes:
Misadjusted linkage.
Open or short in harness circuits.
Damaged MLP sensor.
Damaged PCM.

Key off.
Apply parking brake.
Place transmission in NEUTRAL.
Verify that Manual Lever Position (MLP) Sensor Tool (Rotunda T91P-7010-AHT) or equivalent fits in the appropriate slot.
□miesk5 note, try this test instead of the tool or ask l9cal dealer service if tool is still in usel;

MLPS TEST w/ Connector Pin Diagram w/colors by RLA @ 1993_f_series_mlps_pinout_and_testing_2cb56e2ae312 f5db2a43e732b5c9092d719e2c82

Does the tool fit properly?
Yes REMOVE tool. GO to TD2.
No PLACE the transmission in NEUTRAL. LOOSEN the two MLP sensor mounting bolts. MOVE the sensor to allow insertion of the Transmission Range Sensor Tool in the appropriate slots. TIGHTEN the two mounting bolts to specification. REMOVE tool. VERIFY shift linkage adjustment. CLEAR Continuous Memory (REFER to Quick Test Appendix, Section 5A). RERUN Quick Test.

Shift Cable Adjustment & Indicator Cable Adjustment in 92-96
Shift Cable Adjustment
CAUTION: Under no circumstances should the cable be adjusted in any position other than (D) (overdrive) for the E4OD transmission.
1. From inside the vehicle, place the transmission range selector lever in the OVERDRIVE position (4R70W and E4OD). Hang an improvised three-pound weight (#1) on the transmission range selector lever (#2).
2. Raise vehicle on a hoist and position suitable safety stands under vehicle.
3. Remove the shift cable (#5) from the transmission lever ball stud.
4. Pull down the lock tab on the shift cable body.
5. Position the transmission range selector lever (#2) in the DRIVE position (C6) or the OVERDRIVE position (E4OD). This is three detents from the front-most lever position with the first position counting as one.
6. Connect the cable end fitting to the transmission lever ball stud.
7. Push up on the lock tab to lock the cable in the correctly adjusted position.
8. Remove safety stands and lower vehicle from hoist. Remove the three-pound weight from the transmission range selector lever.
9. After making the adjustment, check for park engagement. Check the transmission range selector lever in all detent positions with the engine (6007) running to make sure correct detent/transmission actions. Readjust if necessary.

Shift Indicator Cable
1. Remove the four screws from the lower steering column shroud. Remove the lower steering column shroud.
2. Rotate transmission range selector lever clockwise until it bottoms out in first gear.
3. Rotate transmission range selector lever counterclockwise three detents (overdrive position).
4. Hang a three pound weight on the transmission range selector lever.
5. Center pointer in the middle of D if equipped with C6 transmission, or (D) if equipped with E4OD transmission, by rotating the thumbwheel located on right-hand side of steering column actuator housing.
See image @ http://web.archive.org/web/201005300...djustments.jpg

TD2 CHECK CONTINUITY OF MLP SENSOR HARNESS CIRCUITS
Key off.
Disconnect Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Inspect for damaged or pushed out pins, corrosion, loose wires, etc. Service as necessary.
Disconnect MLP sensor.
Using a mirror, inspect both ends of transmission harness connector at MLP sensor for damaged or pushed out pins, corrosion, loose wires, etc. Service as necessary.
Install breakout box, leave PCM disconnected.
miesk5 Note This set of tests includes use of Ford's old Break-Out Box; so, as I mentioned in another thread here; In place of the break-out box, go to the EEC connector pin instead; Substitute EEC connector pin Number for breakout box number
EEC IV Connector Pin Diagram
Source: by Ryan M at
EEC IV Connector Pin LEGEND Bronco & Ford Truck & Van: 4.9, 460, 5.0, 5.8;
Source: by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at Ford Fuel Injection

Measure resistance between Test Pin 30 at the breakout box and MLP signal circuit at the MLP sensor vehicle harness connector.
Measure resistance between Test Pin 46 at the breakout box and SIG RTN circuit at the MLP sensor vehicle harness connector.
Is each resistance less than 5.0 ohms?
Yes GO to TD3.
No SERVICE open circuit(s). REMOVE breakout box. RECONNECT all components. RERUN Quick Test.

TD3 CHECK TR CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO POWER AND GROUND
Key off.
MLP sensor disconnected.
Breakout box installed, PCM disconnected.
Measure resistance between Test Pin 30 and Test Pins 37/57, 40/60 and 46 at the breakout box.
Measure resistance between Test Pin 30 at the breakout box and chassis ground.
Is each resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?
Yes GO to TD4.
No SERVICE short circuit(s). REMOVE breakout box. RECONNECT all components. RERUN Self Test.

TD4 CHECK TR SENSOR RESISTANCE
Key off.
Connect MLP sensor.
Breakout box installed, PCM disconnected.
Unlock steering column.
Measure resistance between Test Pin 30 and Test Pin 46 at the breakout box in each gear selector position. Refer to the MLP sensor resistance specification table.
Is each resistance within specification?
Yes
REPLACE PCM. REMOVE breakout box. RERUN Self Test.
No REPLACE MLP sensor. REMOVE breakout box. RERUN Self Test.

Was speed control, if equipped recall work completed by dealership? Call local dealer or register and view status @ https://owner.ford.com; or @ https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ml#post6530073
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Here is the 1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

Please fill out your Bronco Info with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.
Click User CP
Edit Your Details,
Scroll down to Bronco Info

Forum Common Replies to FAQs @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...lies-faqs.html
Includes such as:

How to post pics @ How to POST PICTURES - Ford Bronco Forum
We do enjoy Bronco pics!

How to Use Search @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...-advanced.html

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ech-links.html
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) with Recalls, same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

➡️ Try to find time to participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
Contests will be held in JANUARY, MARCH, MAY, JULY & SEPTEMBER'S. Each month in-between will be used for nominating contestants to run in the following Month.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)⚠️

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac95 View Post
Hereís pics of my bronco!! Donít worry the rear lift is on now😂
I like the blue! Sweet ride man.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac95 View Post
Hereís pics of my bronco!! Donít worry the rear lift is on now😂
I like the blue! Sweet ride man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode