110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 04:15 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/MassAir/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsize View Post
Has the increase in max file size helped you guys?
Fergus
@fullsize
I'm not sure many members are using the boards image upload function for more than a single post/image. I think one of the main problems is that attached files only show-up as thumbnails in a post. That would be fine but for some reason those thumbnails take an exceptionally long time to load for what they are. If you open the image, grab the image file address and use the [IMG] tags to post it in the same posting, you'll see the regular image load/display in 1/4 the time of the same thumbnail.
I've read more than a few complaints about that problem and I think that may be causing some users to search out alternative sources for image hosting. The thumbnail timing issue gives a perception of a problem but as noted, the fullsize image displays so much faster that I can't help but suspect there's some clunky coding issue behind it that could be resolved. I haven't coded in decades though... so

For me personally... I need better image management to find the specific, already uploaded files I want to display without combing through pages of thumbnails to find the one I'm looking for. You guys aren't an image hosting company, so I don't expect anyone to try and address or resolve that issue and I greatly appreciate having the thumbnails option on the attachments page for images already uploaded but in the long term, that's why I keep using free or cheap outside sources, like Supermotors.
PoppaGator likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 09:12 AM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
I absolutely hate the "attached thumbnail" feature. It takes way too long to load any of them. I don't want to sit for five minutes while waiting for a tiny pic to load, so I can click it to make it bigger.

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
To expand on what BB and Pepe are saying, I recorded a video to better explain what we're having to deal with and why not many people are using the attachment system and others are asking people that do not to. You can see in the video that not only do both the thumbnails and lightbox images take a long time to load, you can also witness an example of when the lightbox image refuses to show up at all.

When viewing threads like this, images that are embedded from other sites are immediately viewable in good detail while the attachment system makes you wait up to 10-15 seconds(combing the lage between the thumbnail and fullsize) for every single image.

Build threads are even worse and if you're in one of 445's threads where he posts each. attached. image. in. a. separate. post., it's the 3rd ring of hell.

BikerPepe` and PoppaGator like this.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.

Last edited by schwim; 11-26-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Great video schwim, but it looks in fast forward compared to my experience. It's literally a few minutes just for the thumbnail to show. Then I click it, and have to click the popup box where the image is supposed to load (like you show), and it takes me to a new tab with the indivdiual full size image.

I pretty much just have to skip threads with the pics attached like this.

Using a Samsung j3 and Google chrome. Running adguard as well.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue 94 View Post
Using a Samsung j3 and Google chrome. Running adguard as well.
It should also be mentioned that this issue persists across all of my devices and browsers and regardless of whether I'm running an ad blocker or VPN.

Posted while doing 60 MPH and staring at my crotch thanks to Tapatalk
BigBlue 94 likes this.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Administrator

I see what you mean there. We are trying to improve the speed and it is a problem to which we'll fix...

what I do to avoid the annoying waiting issue is to take the image URL of my attachment and add bb codes like so:

PHP Code:
 [img]http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116666&d=1511795282[/img] 
and it loads fast like this:

Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bichon-Frise-8.jpg (97.1 KB, 101 views)

testing test

Last edited by fullsize; 11-27-2017 at 10:15 AM.
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Took 53 seconds for the thumbnail of the dog to appear. Once i clicked the thumbnail, my screen times out at 30 seconds, and the pic hadn't shown up yet.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Took 53 seconds for the thumbnail of the dog to appear. Once i clicked the thumbnail, my screen times out at 30 seconds, and the pic hadn't shown up yet.
Hmm strange, it took 5-10 seconds for it to load for me. Can't seem to replicate 53 seconds.
Maybe try resetting caches and cookies?
Is the picture to big for it to load?

Ed
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/MassAir/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
BB may be having other issues but what you just did with the image code was exactly what I was describing in my last post. while that's all well fine and good, it's a pretty complicated process for the casual forum user. glad to hear you guys are working on that one though.
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
I've had this phone for only a few months, and it's always been like that. Also doesn't matter if it's on 4g or WiFi. Previous phone had the same results.

When I link one of my hosted pics, I copy and paste the img tag url that supermotors provides. When linking a web image, I use the img button above the reply text box. I think it's super simple to do so.

I'll try to clear any snickerdoodle cookies from it and see if that does any good.
BikerPepe` likes this.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I've had this phone for only a few months, and it's always been like that. Also doesn't matter if it's on 4g or WiFi. Previous phone had the same results.

When I link one of my hosted pics, I copy and paste the img tag url that supermotors provides. When linking a web image, I use the img button above the reply text box. I think it's super simple to do so.

I'll try to clear any snickerdoodle cookies from it and see if that does any good.
IMG bb code would be best. Also, are you viewing through enhanced mobile view? or desktop view?
Let us know how it goes.

Ed
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Full desktop view always.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Cleared cookies, and went to try a thumbnail again. This one was 4 pics, and took 48 seconds.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Can you link me the thread you were trying?

Kevin

testing test
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
No, I don't remember what thread it was, but it doesn't matter. Every attached thumbnail does it, in every thread.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Which browser are you using? Are you running any browser extensions? These can sometimes cause odd quirks.

Fergus

testing test
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/19-suggestions-feedback-site-help/467474-your-guide-surviving-photobucket-apocalypse.html
Posted By For Type Date
test This thread Refback 07-23-2017 06:08 PM
Photobucket just dropped the bomb on my account - page 8 - Off Topic Discussion - Sport-Touring This thread Refback 07-07-2017 01:05 PM