• 1 Post By El Kabong
  • 1 Post By Dennis94
  • 2 Post By DavidDFW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, E40D trans, Dana44 TTB
Garage
Why can't I even view the Classified

I've read the closed threads stating that a user must have 75 post in order to sell parts and/ or a Bronco but why do I not even have the permission to view items for sale? I assure you that my money spends just as well as someone with 75 post.....

I'm looking for parts in my area and kind of feel like this would be a good place to search
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.25.2019_Capture.jpg (217.8 KB, 7 views)
deathside23 likes this.

JPC #96EB_BRONCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 05:44 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1995 EB 302, E40D auto trans, 4.11 grs, locker on rear diff. man. hubs, 3' body lift, 35" Toyo tires
Garage
The 75 post requirement is also needed to veiw the classified ads. Its just one of the rules the forum moderators have put in place.

Start posting on some of the word game threads, you should be at 75 by the weekend....

Jeremy Cooksey likes this.

2nd: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Kenneth
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 10:04 PM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
I'm too lazy to type it again. Please excuse the cut & paste. From Common Replies to FAQs.

Quote:
38- Why do I need 75 posts to see the classified section?

We had a rash of ripoffs, & the mods were putting in a ton of time trying to resolve them. There were many threads about the bad deals. It was discussed a lot, & the decision was made to implement the 75 post rule.

The effect it would have on new members was actually a big part of the discussion before the "For Sale" post count rule change. I was one of those who argued against the post limit. But people were getting ripped off. And our mods & admins (volunteers) were putting in a bunch of time to try to resolve bad deals by unscrupulous buyers & sellers. The 75 post rule won out.

And, even though I was originally against it, I have to admit that since implementing the 75 post requirement for the classifieds, there have been very few of the "I got ripped off" threads. They were becoming far too common. Bad guys had figured out that they could come here & take advantage of Bronco owners.

Yes, there appears to be far less activity in the classifieds. Probably because the new folks are usually the most eager to buy. And most of them are good people & it is discouraging for them to not have access. But removing the dark cloud that followed each of the thefts has been a huge improvement everywhere else on the site. We have had to realize that we are primarily a site that exists to support Bronco enthusiasts, & not a site that exists to sell them stuff.

Ranger429 explains it clearly here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger429 View Post
The classifieds section is LOCKED untill you have 75 posts. It is a rule that has been at FSB for quite some time and there are NO plans for it to change.

Spamming the forum to get to 75 posts WILL NOT be tolerated.

Posting one liners such as:

"nice Bronco", "looks good" or similiar type of posts will be deleted if they are found.

We ask that you participate in the forum so that the other members get to "know" you. Posting one liners does nothing other than get to the magical number of 75 and I think I can speak on behalf of the staff at FSB those types of posts will be DELETED once found OR your post count reset to 0.
Pepe` goes into some of the reasoning here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
...We want to get to know you... not the new people coming in, we... being the folks that are already here. we can't get to know you, if your hiding out in here, just welcoming the new people or asking questions like this.
Go into the "Anything & Everything" and just talk to some people. Find a build thread and ask some questions about what interests you... have some real interaction with us and before you know it, you'll be over 75 posts and enjoying the For Sale area in the proper fashion.
It is not a door that will be locked forever. Jump in, become part of the community. It really doesn't take that long.
Weber and Jeremy Cooksey like this.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Okay, I get it, scammers are everywhere and I now completely understand the measure y'all decided to take.
I have something like 30 post now and I find myself spending a few minutes on here everyday so I'll get there eventually. Thanks for the reply, even though it was a copy and paste, lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
I'm too lazy to type it again. Please excuse the cut & paste. From Common Replies to FAQs.

JPC #96EB_BRONCO
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey, thanks for the reply. I've read enough to understand that the admins. were only adding measures to cut down on the trolls that were hoping onto the forum to try and run scams on the legit users. I'll eventually get to the required amount and gain access but not sure I'm into playing on the game threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh95bronco View Post
The 75 post requirement is also needed to veiw the classified ads. Its just one of the rules the forum moderators have put in place.

Start posting on some of the word game threads, you should be at 75 by the weekend....

JPC #96EB_BRONCO
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 01:02 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Jeremy,
Still trying to track down a perpetrator who defrauded a member here in recent past.

Also, posts are not counted in Introduction section at https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/18-introductions/

Keep on keeping active here!

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the heads up @miesk5

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
Yo Jeremy,
Still trying to track down a perpetrator who defrauded a member here in recent past.

Also, posts are not counted in Introduction section at https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/18-introductions/

Keep on keeping active here!
miesk5 likes this.

JPC #96EB_BRONCO
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 09:47 AM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 351M/NP435/NP205 - Holley Sniper - Hedman Headers - MT Classic 3's - 35" MT Deegan 38s
Garage
I was in the same boat as you when I created my account. I was looking for the hardware for the swinging spare tire carrier for my 78. I ended up finding one locally in a JY long before I hit 75 posts. It is what it is.
miesk5 likes this.

77 F100 Custom SWB - 302/C4 2wd ~ My Daily Driver
78 Bronco Custom T/S - 351M/NP205/NP435 4wd ~ For Fun
75 F150 Custom LWB - 460/C6 2wd ~ Deceased
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I totally get it. Even though I know my attentions are good, y'all do not me from Adam. I actually like the idea of the admin. team wanting to know each of us a little bit before granting us access to everything all at once. It kind of makes it feel more like a tight-knit community.. I'll be patient and will eventually meet the requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doosenberry View Post
I was in the same boat as you when I created my account. I was looking for the hardware for the swinging spare tire carrier for my 78. I ended up finding one locally in a JY long before I hit 75 posts. It is what it is.

JPC #96EB_BRONCO
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 09:13 PM

Bronco Info: 94 Bronco stock 351, E4OD with 6" lift on 32's
So is rule 38 automatically activated or does a mod activate?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rule 38.jpg (73.9 KB, 5 views)
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 10:08 PM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
I think it's automatic. More of an automatic lockout when the count is below 75. But I don't really know.

For whatever it's worth, the #38 was the 38th FAQ, not the 38th rule. I just copied the whole post including the number & question.
Dennis94 likes this.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 10:13 PM

Bronco Info: 94 Bronco stock 351, E4OD with 6" lift on 32's
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
I think it's automatic. More of an automatic lockout when the count is below 75. But I don't really know.

For whatever it's worth, the #38 was the 38th FAQ, not the 38th rule. I just copied the whole post including the number & question.
No worries, I'm in. Thanks
miesk5 likes this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:42 PM
Eric

Bronco Info: '88 BKO XLT, 5.0, AOD, welded 8.8, carbon 4L10, 33's, Lightning headers, Saginaw, 3G
This thread was over waaayyy too fast. These used to be pretty good...
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:27 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351w
Seems like a fitting thread for my 75th post. Only took me 7 years.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:28 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351w
Wait... I can’t count,!
miesk5 and dash_cam like this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:45 AM

Bronco Info: 1992
I’m n the same boat 75 posts is a lot to get through when there is so much good info available in the search feature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > Suggestions, Feedback & Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode