3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ziggy
  • 1 Post By Timmz28
  • 1 Post By black-on-black 4x4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 95 XLT 302 5.0 4x4
Metal Bars???

Okay what is the metal bar for under the rear seat? It is black and looks like a shepards hook? And what is the othe one under the hood? I thought hood support, but the hoods have spring assits. Anyone know?

Also, I didnt want to waste another thread, but I took out the dash and now when I start the truck there is an alarm going off, and it it totally different then the door open chime??? What could this be? It is almost like a alarm clock lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco
Bar under the rear seat is a spring to assist in flipping it up, bar under the hood is probably your jack handle. As for your dash alarm, I'm clueless on that one.
ackack likes this.

3G Alt. Upgrade, Duel Batteries, 351M bored .030 over with Edlebrock cam and intake, C-6 w/AO4D internals, 3" lift w/RS 9000, 33x12.50 MTR's, Saginaw PS Pump Conversion, On Board Air, Detroit Locker, Hydro Boost Brake System, Altimeter from a CH-46D, Map Light from a MH-53E.

U. S. Government - Wasting paper and keeping Lumber Jacks gainfully employed since 1776.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 09:21 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
yo BB
"I took out the dash and now when I start the truck there is an alarm going off, and it it totally different then the door open chime??? What could this be? It is almost like a alarm clock"
It could be da Air Bag chime
If a system fault is present and the air bag indicator is malfunctioning, an audible tone will be heard, indicating that system service is required. The tone is a series of five sets of five beeps. This does not indicate a diagnostic trouble code 55. If the tone is heard, the air bag indicator is inoperative and a system fault that requires service is present.
Tone (5 Beeps Repeated 4 Times): Air Bag Indicator Open Circuit with Stored Fault Code(s)
No Air Bag Indicator (Dash Light Out): Inoperative Indicator Circuit or No Battery Voltage to ADM
Continuous Air Bag Indicator: ADM Disconnected or Inoperative
TEST the system and read more by Ford via Steve83 @ http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...media/472207_1

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Cool, I am betting that it is a result of me taking out the bulb for the air bag system. Looks like I will be putting that back in. Thanks for the link to diagnose and thanks for ther info on the metal bars.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 08:29 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
yo, yw
and f that bar (torsion bar. see # 11 @ bottom right in diagram below) is loose or laying there here is how it is attached; the cotter pin (#6 "spring retainer") usua;l;y falls off after 14 yrs or so..lol

Seat, Rear

Fold-Down

SuperCabs have a forward-facing folding rear seat that converts to a load floor. The rear seat back frame (613A38) is held in an upright position by a rear seat back release latch (61382) mounted on rear corner trim panel (278D12) of the cab. The bottom of the seat pivots to lie flat against supporting bumpers.

The Bronco has a fold-down rear seat. A rear seat back release latch on the lower right side of the rear seat is lifted to unlock the rear seat back frame. The rear seat back frame is folded to the cushion. A rear seat back release latch located at the center rear seat cushion frame (63160) is lifted to unlock the rear seat cushion frame from the floor-mounted rear seat back latch striker (62440). The rear seat cushion frame folds forward to provide a flat storage area.

All folding seats have a rear seat back release latch designed to hold the rear seat back frame in the normal position.

The rear seats can be folded down to gain access to the storage compartment.

If the rear seat back frame will not latch into position or the rear seat back release latch will not unlock, remove the side shield and/or remove the rear seat back cover (66600) far enough to inspect the rear seat back release latch. Replace defective components of rear seat back release latch.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Wow this is exactly what I needed!! So that bar is actually holding "torsion:" on the seat and making it more rigid while driving? Or is it just a piece designed to aid in seat removal?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 AM

Bronco Info: 1991 Bronco Silvery Annierserarry
hey on the dash. i would disconect your battery and reset it.
wheelin'78 likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco
It aids in flipping the seat forward when you release the latch, it also keeps tension on the seat when it's in the down position to prevent the seat from rattling.

3G Alt. Upgrade, Duel Batteries, 351M bored .030 over with Edlebrock cam and intake, C-6 w/AO4D internals, 3" lift w/RS 9000, 33x12.50 MTR's, Saginaw PS Pump Conversion, On Board Air, Detroit Locker, Hydro Boost Brake System, Altimeter from a CH-46D, Map Light from a MH-53E.

U. S. Government - Wasting paper and keeping Lumber Jacks gainfully employed since 1776.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

I c I c. I fixed my issues on the air bag, it was a bad fuse and bad bulb. Wow the PO was a lazy lazy man lol. Didnt replace shit.
wheelin'78 likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 11:29 AM

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco XLT 5.0
This might be clear to everyone else but the Rear seat torsion bar is installed when the rear seat is attached to the forward brackets with the two pins and tilted forward. It took me a bit to figure that out and figured I would pass it on.

1991 Bronco XLT w/ new 5.0 Longblock w/ 1989 EFI. E4OD transmission, 2 inch block lift sitting on 33's, bypassed air pump, all new brakes, fluids, belts and hoses, flowmaster exhaust (no cat.) Extra's; Spare top to be modified for Summer use & Half doors (to come)
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip, I didnt know that.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 09:02 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 351W 4x4
I need help figuring out how to install the "Torsion Bar".

I see the diagram above but for some reason it does not show me enough
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:08 PM

Anyone know how
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:31 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT, 302 auto
[MOD EDIT] The user deleted the images from his image hosting account and they are not recoverable.

This is on a 1993. I remember you have to fight the spring action to get it into position.

Pictures are of the seat flipped up, maybe they'll help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by schwim; 12-18-2017 at 06:50 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:33 PM

Those are best pics i have seen on any forum.

Surely i can figure it out now
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:37 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by east302 View Post
This is on a 1993. I remember you have to fight the spring action to get it into position.

Pictures are of the seat flipped up, maybe they'll help...

I learned something new today. I found that bar when I got the truck and never knew what it was, its been sitting in my garage ever since.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:38 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT, 302 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by goruthless View Post
Those are best pics i have seen on any forum.

Surely i can figure it out now

Let me know if you need any others.

You pretty much just brute force it and watch your fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfun41 View Post
I learned something new today. I found that bar when I got the truck and never knew what it was, its been sitting in my garage ever since.

Yeah, it's easy to see why people never bother putting the torsion bar back in after removing and replacing the rear seat.

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 03-11-2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: post minutes after another - pad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode