Hi, just purchased this "96 EB but there seems to be many discrepencies on whether or not it is a EB. I will list the ?'s
1. This bronco is all black... no lower body two tone paint cap is also black, (chrome bumpers etc not a monochrome sport scheme).
2. No spare inside or tailgate...no attachnemt locations
3. No power mirrors.
4. No carpeting on tailgate...no attachment holes
5. Fuel tank is only 25 gallons or so
6. No lower body side step
7. Manual hubs, no electronic switches on dash for auto's (has floor 4WD shifter)
8. The rims have faux rivets (not smooth). Weren't the "rivet type" rims dropped in '93 or so... not EB related I know but just another anomoly
9. Leather seats but no EB indignia
10. Dash and steering wheel are real plain does have the buryl wood trim.
11. Does have external EB badging
1. being that you're in michigan they probably repainted the truck due to rust and were too cheap to paint it the original two tone.
2. Probably bondoed/ welded (hopefully) the exterior holes for the spare tire carrier when they repainted it.
3. You don't have the aero mirrors? If not my guess is someone swapped on different doors?
4. Even XLTs came with tailgate carpet. Maybe aftermarket or part swap tailgate when they repainted?
5. Only broncos that came with a 25 gallon tank is the early 80s models, maybe 78-79.
6. Brackets probably rusted off if it was an eddie bauer. Look on the underside for where they mounted, see if you can any reminents.
7. Manual t-case was an option on all the models
8. Yea those are pre 94.
9. Tan leather seats were an option on the xlts. Or they had the seats redone and were too cheap to put eddie bauer on them.
10. Wood trim is from EB
Do the XLT and EB both have the front bumper with vents? I know the XL does not. That might be another sign.
I think the vent bumper was optional on the XLs.