AZ FACTION - Page 11 - Ford Bronco Forum
 660Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer SAS in the works
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjzonie View Post
No, it'll be another where is everybody...
That's how it usually is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 08:13 AM

Believe me, i've been doing this a bit longer and the stories remain the same. That's the main reason alot of guys have left this crowd to venture else where,ie...toyota, zuks, jeeps ...
There isn't much you can do but keep trying
post #203 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:10 PM

Bronco Info: '90 351W mostly stock
I'll have to come to the valley sometime to wheel with you guys. I know how you feel. So many Jeeps and so few Broncos. From Florence, what direction is this trail? I used to drive a tanker for a company based in Globe, so I know that area fairly well. Have any of you guys ever run the Camino Del Diablo? It's a 132 mile long trail from Ajo to Yuma. I hope you guys have a good turnout for the run. Like I said before, one of these days I'll have to come with ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared1978 View Post
I'll have to come to the valley sometime to wheel with you guys. I know how you feel. So many Jeeps and so few Broncos. From Florence, what direction is this trail? I used to drive a tanker for a company based in Globe, so I know that area fairly well. Have any of you guys ever run the Camino Del Diablo? It's a 132 mile long trail from Ajo to Yuma. I hope you guys have a good turnout for the run. Like I said before, one of these days I'll have to come with ya!
You can get to these trail from three different ways. Just north of Florence, before the train tracks through Box Canyon. Farther north on hiway 79 at Cottonwood Rd and East of 79 on hiway 60, Meneral Mountain Rd.

Yes i've run the Camino Del Diablo trail, very interesting, you also need two permits to run that trail. Would like to run it again sometime in the winter...
post #205 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 12:22 AM

Bronco Info: '90 351W mostly stock
Is Box Canyon part of the Gila River? I think I know the area that you're talking about... out on the flats NE of Florence??? You only need 1 permit for the Camino Diablo now. The Cabeza Prieta NWR and Goldwater range passes have been combined into 1. Contact the Yuma Marine Corps Air Station to get the paperwork. The pass is free. I'd be up for it if you guys wanna do it this winter.
post #206 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Diesel Gynachologist

Bronco Info: 2001 F350
Quote:
Believe me, i've been doing this a bit longer and the stories remain the same. That's the main reason alot of guys have left this crowd to venture else where,ie...toyota, zuks, jeeps ...
There isn't much you can do but keep trying

Even still no one here wants to actually leave their house even when I had my bronco, I dont know what it is about people and broncos but only a select few here on fsb actually get outside to enjoy wheelin bronco or not......

Ford Senior Master Technician

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...x.php?vID=1309
Quote:
"The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."
post #207 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Ill have to say today was one of best wheelin trips ive been on. Only 3 rigs showed up so we were able to move quickly untill we would catch up to other groups.

I don't think ill make that run again unless I'm riddin with someone else. My truck beat the shit outta me. Feels like I was in car reck lol.

Shane did you guys get any pictures? I know bill didn't cause he was a 1/4 mile ahead the whole time lol.
post #208 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco, FI 460/1995 RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Even still no one here wants to actually leave their house even when I had my bronco, I dont know what it is about people and broncos but only a select few here on fsb actually get outside to enjoy wheelin bronco or not......
As tough as it is to admit, you are right about this. Its too bad, the few of us that get out there in our Broncos (and F series, Gauge ) have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauge View Post
Ill have to say today was one of best wheelin trips ive been on. Only 3 rigs showed up so we were able to move quickly untill we would catch up to other groups.

I don't think ill make that run again unless I'm riddin with someone else. My truck beat the shit outta me. Feels like I was in car reck lol.

Shane did you guys get any pictures? I know bill didn't cause he was a 1/4 mile ahead the whole time lol.
It was a great time for sure! Bill, thanks for leading the trail. You did a great job, even though we werent sure if we were doing a time trial run or not

I got some pics of you on a couple of obstacles... I will check them out and get em to ya.

Til next time fellas!!

My other car has doors.
post #209 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 01:17 PM

Bronco Info: 82 Bronco
I would love to go with you guys, just too far to get over there from Lake Havasu
post #210 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:29 PM

It was a great time for sure! Bill, thanks for leading the trail. You did a great job, even though we werent sure if we were doing a time trial run or not

All good, sorry if I was going to fast but I was in 2 high 1st gear 90% of the trail. I too had a great time and we'll have to do it again soon. Maybe upper Woodpecker...
post #211 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Well lets start planning for the next trip. Crown king?
post #212 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Diesel Gynachologist

Bronco Info: 2001 F350
time trails? a couple weeks ago I did every(8) trail(no box canyon type stuff tho, rock trails) out there in about 6hrs. now thats time trials!

glad you guys are getting out and enjoying the nice wheeling weather. keep it up, hopefully more will follow and make it out with you guys

Ford Senior Master Technician

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...x.php?vID=1309
Quote:
"The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."
post #213 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 12:18 PM

I was out there with ZOA. I kept looking for ya'll but the only Bronco I saw was in our group.

post #214 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 04:34 PM

Was it a light green or so....If so you where just in front of us
post #215 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco, FI 460/1995 RIP
Quote:
Was it a light green or so....If so you where just in front of us
I saw a white later model full size out there to... looks like we all just barely missed eachother. We were at the ovens when it rained. Looks like you guys had made you way down by the river.

My other car has doors.
post #216 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 PM

Yep. It was an OJ special.

We really did just miss each other. We were down by the river when the rain started.
post #217 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 11:52 PM

Bronco Info: 87 XLT 5.0
Hey guys. New FSB member checking in. Just grabbed another bronco. 2nd one I've owned. Sold my old 81, should have never done that...dumb move. Grabbed an 87. It's in decent condition, and for the $400 I paid...meh what the hell - just go check out the post and let me know what you guys think. I'll need all the help/input I can get working on this beast.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161557 <-- pics of her this weekend.

I'm in downtown phx by the way.
post #218 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 AM

Real bad pics, but looks to very rough from jumpingor something. Need better pic in daylight. There is a lot you can do to the truck but it's going to cost you same coin. AT LEAST THE 400 STARTING PRICE IS GOOD. Look at the EFI intake top top will say 5.0 or 5.8 EFI, the tranny ( look at the shift pattern: P R N D 2 1 is the C-6 , P R N DP2 P1 is the AOD
post #219 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 11:15 AM

Did some research.

If you check the Drivers side door frame, there is a tag giving you your Trans Code and Axel code. My trans code is a T which is AOD. The Axel code is an H9 indicating that I have the 3.55 LS in the rear.

I have the 5.0 which is fine with me, as that just means parts are easy peasy to find. The VIN will also tell you what size motor you have.

As for the pictures, they were honestly just to show someone in the other post something they were asking. I intend to take all new pictures on Saturday. The truck in all honesty, it's not perfect, but it's DEFINITELY not the worst I've ever seen. The motor is in pretty great shape, although a little dirty though. The tranny may need some work, hopefully it's just mainly a vacuum hose issue, but I'm honestly prepared for the worst.

I plan on sinking 4 - 700 into it this month, and then an addition 3-500 each month thereafter until she's ready. I don't have a car payment or a house payment, just a $315 a month rent check lol. Good budget?

I'm looking for a good set of 33's or 35's (depending on the actual size of the lift it's got on it) for just good romping. I don't intend to do much rock crawling, mainly I just want to go out, bounce around, and have some fun. It needs to be Daily Driver quality (although I have a Kia Spectra at my disposal should I need it).
post #220 of 3888 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Look at the EFI intake top top will say 5.0 or 5.8 EFI, the tranny ( look at the shift pattern: P R N D 2 1 is the C-6 , P R N DP2 P1 is the AOD
The EFI intake does in fact not show either 5.0 or 5.8 lol - hence my confusion. As a matter of fact, I'm so used to seeing the intakes with the ports on the sides instead of in the middle, I had to count the number of ports to figure out if it was a V8 or not haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Southwest Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode