Ford Bronco Forum - View Single Post - Left for Dead!
Thread: Left for Dead!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
379sinvb
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Left for Dead!

I'll give you guys a brief history on this Bronco. My folks have had a summer beachhouse on Carova Beach NC now for about 20 years. The past few on our way into the canals of the area I have noticed a 78/79 Bronco sittting in a yard. Never saw it on the roads or moved from its spot in the yard. One day I drove over to the house to asked the owner if he was interested in selling it. He wasn't there so I left a note including an offer to buy it for 200 bucks. From what I could tell it was in rough shape. Floors, hood,doors tailgate all rotted from a beach life I could trace back to 2001. Based on the last valid inspection sticker still on windshield. He called me back about two months later and we worked out a deal. It was now mine, now how do I get it home? It did not run, tires bald, no brakes and gas had a sweet smell. So I barrowed my inlaws bobcat trailer and on our third attempt with our fourth vehicle pulling it we got it home.

I haven't decided exactly how intense I am going to hit this thing rebuild wise. First thing I want to do is get it running and driveable. I have done some things to it thus far. Will provide details another time. Hope you guys enjoy and please feel free to comment. Whether its good, bad or indifferent.

Rick

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome