May 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco for May 2017!!!
nra1ifer 4 5.19%
aschessla 22 28.57%
1clean5.8 21 27.27%
greasemonger 23 29.87%
PJCHANNING 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

755Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Crusher Mike

Bronco Info: 1991 Arrow Nosed 5.8. SAS, 35" Cooper STT PRO 7" lift, 4.88s locked, Viar OBA
Wood pecker mine trail a fun run out here in AZ I take a lot of people on it because it gives you chance to see what your rig can do.

I sheared the radius arm bolts off

At this point i don't think anything is in particular order so bear with me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Crusher Mike

Bronco Info: 1991 Arrow Nosed 5.8. SAS, 35" Cooper STT PRO 7" lift, 4.88s locked, Viar OBA
Some Goodies I put on.
Remote Trans Filter a must

Headers (Ive changed 3 times)

Aussie locker for the front( I've been able to do a lot with just a front locker)

My first set of new tires Mickey Thompson MTZ's (lasted me 8 years)

On board air

Old 05-03-2017, 11:09 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L, 4" BDS radius arm lift, 35x12.5's, Bassani headers, K&N CAI, Warn manual hubs
I think many know my story or have seen my builds but I plan to post the mods and adventures I am most proud of, hopefully not a repeat for everyone.
I am a bit of an audiophile, so upgrading the tunes was 1st on my list. I have built speakers boxes for over 20 years and love fiberglass the most, although more time consuming and messy! lol

Here I started masking the area behind the driver side wheel well. I actually cut out the trim to make it custom but look factory.

After a couple layers of glass and trimming

After cutting the speaker trim

Here I begin finishing up the enclosure

And the final product! Turned out great!!!

So now the amp rack

I decided to install two amp

Turned out great!!!

And here is what the final product looks like:

Now that the amps were in place and the bass covered, I began upgrading the mids & highs

Upgraded the headunit:

My favorite part of the headunit was the backup cam. Definitely helps when backing up in this beast!

And bluetooth for some handsfree driving! Safety 1st!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Black FSB built 302ci on 35" BFG MT and an 88 stubborn mule on 38" toyo MTs, LS SASd
Without a photographer last weekend I improvised and tried to use the gopro on a stick out the window and drive at the same time. This was a nasty little rutted out area that got awefully tippy which can be seen after about 2:00. Next time out there (hopefully end of may) Id really like to get some vid from the front coming up to really show the lean
lHcNqWvKE_8

dr jekyll: 86 built 302,30 over, carbed, 4" lift on 35s...mr hyde: 88 302 LS SAS, both ends locked, hydro assist, 5.13s, on 38 toyos
Old 05-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, 6" lift, 4.56 gears, 35" GY MT/Rs, front locker, rear LSD, rear disc conversion
Garage
Where you at @nra1ifer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.

MS88Bronc
Don't be fooled by the name,
1996 XL with 5.8L/E4OD/BW1356,
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
***GO NOMINATE AND VOTE FOR FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH HERE!!***
Old 05-03-2017, 04:06 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 Eddie bauer 302. Semi
Garage
I spend a lot of time with my just kid in my truck or by myself when I/we go on our adventures. Ergo, I don’t have too many “awesome wheeling pictures” so I’ll have to go on a few runs in the coming weeks so I have some eye candy for y’all. That said, I’ll do my best to tell the story as briefly as I can and salt in photos where and when I can. Thanks for putting on your reading glasses (Pepe) and thanks for voting for me “P II” for FOTM.

So, here’s the back story (pictures at home on our Home PC, so I’ll upload “the beginning photos” later when I get home. A guy who lived across the street couldn’t afford to drive this beauty anymore and had parked it with a For Sale sign in the window. It was covered in pollen, dust, dog hair, and fungus along the floorboards with a sprinkling of grass amidst. There was a fairly good sized oil spot on the ground beneath it. I met the guy a couple weeks after I plucked up the courage to tell my wife (fiancé at the time) that I was gonna go check it out. At the time I was riding my motorcycle everywhere and needed a truck and really wanted a Bronco again. We went out to the truck with the keys and man, oh man, did it STANK inside. Turned the key; nothing happened. I went and grabbed my jump box and we gave it a minute. While waiting I tested the suspension by hopping up and down on the rear bumper (I wanted to make sure it had gas). He let me know that it hadn’t been started in about three months. Second attempt: Turned the key… ..whuh whuh whuh whuh whuh, sputter sputter sputter, die. Hmm, ok. “How much do you want?” “$700.” “How about $500 and some goodies?” “Sure” – P.O. Tosses keys to me. I told him, keep the steps and try to sell ‘em since he was in a tight financial spot. Then we had to move it up the street and into my driveway. The brakes were all rusted tight. Ever try to push a house over? My buddy and neighbor Tom grabbed some straps and we went for it. One broken strap and sore backs and legs later we had it in my driveway and opened it wide to air it out. Turned out it had a plugged injector. We found this when I went to replace the broken Bank 2 manifold which I got from an ’89 F150. We changed the battery, alternator, and did a tune up and oil change. It sputtered, caught, and started weeping fuel right onto the new manifold. I was worried about an engine fire so I shouted, “Kill it!” Pulled the injector, wiped it off and put it back and VOILA! This truck has been to Grand Junction, Co and wheeled Grand Valley OHV area, Yosemite (twice), Cow Mountain OHV area in Ukiah many times, Lake Mendocino and Sonoma (many many times), Indian Valley Reservoir BLM land three times a year, at least, my friend’s property in lower lake and also Boonville. I’ve been using it as my DD since I drove it out to Colorado about seven years ago. It is my second Eddie Bauer FSB. My first was a ’94. I rolled it one night in a snowstorm where I lived in North East Oregon and it saved my life.

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. OE spare tire carrier modified to hold stuff. Spot/flood light. Fog lights. Trail cam mount. Check out my build thread...
Old 05-03-2017, 04:17 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS88Bronc View Post
Where you at @nra1ifer ?
and how is it you have 2 votes and we aint seen a single picture, don't make a bit of since do it?
JGR, huck2080 and aschessla like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to our Addiction, where counseling consist of admitting the problem is you and your Bronco is the Cure!
Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
Old 05-03-2017, 05:52 PM

Garage
Some pictures from this weekend. More to come once I get 'em from my neighbor.

Attached Images
File Type: png shortly after six am Saturday 42917.png (129.3 KB, 197 views)
File Type: png baja style cruisin to IV camp.png (152.0 KB, 188 views)
File Type: png Bartlett spgs Rd at Stanton Ck slough FULL to the brim.png (132.8 KB, 191 views)
File Type: png Aint her backside purdy before departure wheelin.png (241.4 KB, 201 views)
File Type: png after cooling down from the road out sunday 43017.png (192.9 KB, 242 views)
File Type: png Complexion Cyn carnage.png (89.8 KB, 229 views)
BikerPepe`, itwasFREE!!!! and JGR like this.

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. OE spare tire carrier modified to hold stuff. Spot/flood light. Fog lights. Trail cam mount. Check out my build thread...

Last edited by Quader1; 05-03-2017 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Fix Pictures
Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 PM

Garage
Some pictures of getting ready for this last weekend.

Attached Images
File Type: png center console upgrade and stereo upgrade.png (144.0 KB, 233 views)
File Type: png pre light bar install.png (124.5 KB, 296 views)
File Type: png Wires laid out before upgrade.png (97.0 KB, 218 views)
File Type: png painted pass side caliper.png (155.7 KB, 212 views)
File Type: png six and a half qts 10w40.png (96.1 KB, 231 views)
BikerPepe` and itwasFREE!!!! like this.

Last edited by Quader1; 05-03-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Fix Pictures
Old 05-03-2017, 06:21 PM

Garage
some previous trip photos. I was gonna post my competition image as well, but, why do something twice when everybody has to see it any way. That picture shows just how HOT our trucks are, even when they're not moving all day.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GRAND VALLEY.jpg (44.0 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg Welcome to Utah.jpg (38.4 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA.jpg (56.3 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg GRAND VALLEY PICNIC AREA.jpg (33.5 KB, 767 views)
File Type: png MEMORIAL DAY 16 03.png (161.7 KB, 207 views)
File Type: png RIMFIRE FROM TRUCK 04.png (138.5 KB, 218 views)
BikerPepe` likes this.

Last edited by Quader1; 05-03-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Fix Pictures
Old 05-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Black FSB built 302ci on 35" BFG MT and an 88 stubborn mule on 38" toyo MTs, LS SASd
After gassing up to take the bko to the shop to have the anti-wrap bar rewelded and gusseted, my high pressure fuel pump on the frame decided to crap the bed. Swapped it out in the parking lot, and proceeded to drop the truck off. On that note, heres some fuel system upgrades:
I at one point decided to ditch the stock tank for more clearance, so the shop installed a 20 gal racing tank and jaz filler above the stock fuel door

It wasn't long before I decided that 20 gallons just wasn't going to be enough, so I pulled a tank off my parts truck and began working on how I wanted to plumb a dual tank system

It ended up looking something like this, and the valve I used was for marine use with 2 supply inlets and corresponding returns and one outlet/return. This way I avoid crossover between tanks. Here's the valve I used

I installed an oe in tank sending unit in the stock tank and put in on a switch for when the aux tank is in use. The aux tank gravity drains down to the hp pump as it sits in the bed

Closeups of the valve

Fresh painted stock tank ready for install

Cut an access hole using a marine "portal" I've seen used on kayaks and such for live wells and whatnot

Stock tank reinstalled

I had a few hiccups along the way, but for not being able to find anything similar in these trucks on the interwebs it turned out pretty well.
Here you can see the new filler location for the aux tank
BikerPepe`, 96bronco, JGR and 3 others like this.

dr jekyll: 86 built 302,30 over, carbed, 4" lift on 35s...mr hyde: 88 302 LS SAS, both ends locked, hydro assist, 5.13s, on 38 toyos
Old 05-03-2017, 07:44 PM

Garage
While I was posting yesterday a vendor we get cool stuff from came in with these, so I bought them...

Attached Images
File Type: png MINI CLASSIC BRONCOS.png (178.9 KB, 205 views)
itwasFREE!!!! and aschessla like this.

Last edited by Quader1; 05-03-2017 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Fix pic
Old 05-03-2017, 07:58 PM

Garage
More previous trips:

Attached Images
File Type: png MAYACAMAS SLASH CLEAR LAKE FROM WALKER RIDGE FROM INSIDE THE TRUCK 11 5 16.png (101.8 KB, 202 views)
File Type: png DAYCAMP PANORAMA 02.png (167.8 KB, 199 views)
File Type: png 11 5 16 GOING HOME FROM I V RESERVOIR OVERLOOK.png (147.7 KB, 206 views)
File Type: png 11 5 16 GOING HOME FROM I V RESERVOIR OVERLOOK 2.png (125.5 KB, 219 views)
File Type: png HOME 11 6 AFTER 11 5 DRIVER.png (141.0 KB, 204 views)
BikerPepe` likes this.

Last edited by Quader1; 05-03-2017 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Fix Pics
Old 05-03-2017, 08:14 PM

Garage
..And more... The last ones are from a trip to I.V. last autumn. So are these.

Attached Images
File Type: png STANTON CK INTO I V RESERVOIR 01.png (120.2 KB, 210 views)
File Type: png STANTON CK INTO I V RESERVOIR 02.png (117.4 KB, 212 views)
File Type: png STANTON CK INTO I V RESERVOIR 03.png (123.1 KB, 217 views)
File Type: png STANTON CK INTO I V RESERVOIR 04.png (119.2 KB, 208 views)
File Type: png STANTON CK INTO I V RESERVOIR 05.png (101.0 KB, 209 views)

Last edited by Quader1; 05-03-2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Fix Pix
Old 05-03-2017, 08:23 PM

Garage
Over the years this truck has been my standard for life. If she's runnin' right, I must be doin' okay. If not, what the eff am I doing? I have resigned to doing the lift in the winter so I can use my buddie's rack in his shop (his actual shop where he makes a living) and a couple other things while we're at it. I'm planning another run to Indian Valley Reservoir around Father's day with my lad and maybe Memorial day weekend if I can't go hang on some private land in Lower lake. If you wanna go, DO! It'll be the same place I've already been, a lot. This time we're gonna night wheel and see about the old resort out there. Also, I think our capable trucks can handle that hill climb in the background of the "camp" shots. That said, I don't think it'd be wise to be alone and attempt it as about a third of the way up it turns to shale, sand, loose gravel, and dust. It's also v e r y steep, oil running down the heads steep. There's a couple youtube videos of guys making that run, but no Bronco to be seen, unless the driver of one of 'em is like me and all alone with no one to wheel alongside of. (sad face) Just kidding! I find that it sucks to be solo until I get up to Middletown, then I take a deep breath of fresh air, exhale, and open my eyes to the beautiful terrain and country that Nor Cal affords us. That reminds me, ever been to cow?

Old 05-04-2017, 12:40 AM

Bronco Info: 1981 w/302
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS88Bronc View Post
Where you at @nra1ifer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, guys..... we've had a LOT of stuff going on around here and between work and other activities, I have been really lacking on my FSB participation. Nothing traumatic, just busy.

I'll add some pictures at the end of this.

We came into the Bronco world literally by accident..... we totalled our nice one-owner 1995 Mustang hitting a huge whitetail doe while driving 65mph, almost 3 years ago. My wife bought the Mustang new (while I was deep in the throes of my first marriage) and was really attached to it because it was "hers" and her since-deceased grandfather went with her to pick it out. After hitting the deer and having air bags deploy, I think I remember her asking me if I was OK before she said, "My car, my car!!".... All through the time we owned that car, I would always tell her (maybe half-jokingly) that any Mustang worth having had a V8 in it..... hers was a V6.

So, I had always figured that if we ever replaced the Mustang, the replacement would be something more along the lines of a pick-up. As I started cruising our local Craigslist, I came across a 1981 Bronco XL for $3000, and it was an almost exact match of the blue that was the Mustang. I called, spoke to the owner, and found out that the Bronco was less than a mile from our house! Went and looked at it, decided it was something I could definitely work on and fix the multitude of minor and not-so-minor things that it needed. Took my wife to see it, and she was convinced it would be a good idea, even though she was in deep mourning for her Mustang. The color of the Bronco sealed the deal for her!

Over the time we've had it: new radiator, thermostat, and hoses, new engine, all-new brake system (minus the lines), new parking brake cables, new A/C compressor, new shocks, converted it to a dual exhaust, new windshield, new radio, new power steering hoses, new tires, new hood, painted the top, new window seals, new front drive shaft, new u-joints on the rear drive shaft, installed an electric radiator fan, tinted the windows, and LOTS of general detailing.

Wife LOVES the Bronco now, likes sitting up higher than her old Mustang, and is constantly getting compliments on it.

I don't have any cool off-road pictures.... maybe some day.... but her Bronco is "her" Bronco. I always tell her, "I wish I had a Bronco like this!" I drive it most of the time if we are together in it, and I also use it to maneuver our 34' Avion travel trailer in the back yard because of the tight turning radious compared to our 1995 F250 long-bed extended cab truck. It is now in great shape, and I would not hesitate taking it anywhere and any amount of miles.

Thank you for the nomination!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg resized IMG_0010.JPG (200.7 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg resizedIMG_0012.JPG (198.8 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0981.JPG (99.9 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0983.JPG (86.7 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0990.JPG (90.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1033.JPG (80.8 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1790.JPG (81.4 KB, 132 views)

nra1ifer

"....but I will say that a man who wouldn’t cheat for a poke don’t want one bad enough.”
Augustus "Gus" McCrae of Lonesome Dove

Last edited by Quader1; 05-09-2017 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Fix Pictures
Old 05-04-2017, 09:59 AM
Crusher Mike

OK so after the years of abuse and the me driving around with 2 cracked heads for a while it was time for me to do the rebuild..

Old 05-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Crusher Mike

out in Florence junction had planned a whole weekend of wheeling but this is about all we got ( brown bottle flu) this is also the trip that lead me to finally change the nose out.

I drove it from Az to Oregon to go hunting in Hells canyon

Old 05-04-2017, 10:47 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L, 4" BDS radius arm lift, 35x12.5's, Bassani headers, K&N CAI, Warn manual hubs
Day with (3) of my girls!

Fun day out with (3) of my girls!!! The wifey is a photographer, so obviously I have to be patient while she gets her pics in... LOL

Old 05-04-2017, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
Great Start... Can't wait to see more pictures and videos...

Allcruisen

VOTE For FOTM !!!

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in