May 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco for May 2017!!!
nra1ifer 4 5.19%
aschessla 22 28.57%
1clean5.8 21 27.27%
greasemonger 23 29.87%
PJCHANNING 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

755Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:02 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L, 4" BDS radius arm lift, 35x12.5's, Bassani headers, K&N CAI, Warn manual hubs
Shifter swap mod

A really cool mod that I get a lot of compliments on was my shifter swap mod. I ditched the column shifter for a floor shifter out of an '04 F150. Definitely like the floor shifter better plus I got a lot more storage and cup holders out of the mod!

I could not find a console locally but was able to score one relatively close to home.

The best part was the original brackets were included!

It cleaned up pretty good.

Bought some new plugs and wired her up nice and clean. Looks stock!

Out with the old!

Test fit

Had to remove the A/C duct to get a nice clean fit.

Time to tear into the steering column to get to wiring and disconnect the shifter cable.

I had to adjust the shifter cable at the transmission to take up some slack as the cable was a bit too long...

Perfect!!!

Snagged a column cover from a Mustang at the local pick-n-pull, perfect fit!

Overdrive button wired and led indicator working!

All done!

BikerPepe`, 96bronco, JGR and 4 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L, 4" BDS radius arm lift, 35x12.5's, Bassani headers, K&N CAI, Warn manual hubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson112784 View Post
aschessla

Cool hard top lift. What kind of soft top is that? Who sells it?
Thanks, yeah the lift worked out great for me!

The soft top is made and sold by SofTopper. Ford Bronco (1980-1996) - Jeep & SUV Tops

Great customer service IMO!
huck2080 likes this.

post #83 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 06:54 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
man o man there be some stiff competition around dees parts, I think @greasemonger should change his user name to wheelin wonder, dude sure knows how the throw sum dirt around, then you got @aschessla with the top remover; very clever friend very clever plus a sick shifter change out. Dude that is not only a clean install but your ride looks like it straight out of Showroom. lets see who else o yeah @1clean5.8 rockin the Moab scene.. This kat gotz some steel khonies doing Esculator with only a front locker & 35s! that in and of its self is just insane then we have @PJCHANNING teasing us I suppect he is going to photobomb us all here very shortly after mothers day. But would someone please call the NRA and see if they have a 1ifer in their parking lot sniffin a bottle of gun oil? Or is he jus sittin back at the shootin range counting his ammunition (pictures) and gonna ambush the contest with 2weeks left and drop bomb load of Bronco sniper photos on us? anywho you guys are making it really hard to pick a winner here,iam gonna keep watchin as sumpin is surley gonna happen real soon I just know it.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to our Addiction, where counseling consist of admitting the problem is you and your Bronco is the Cure!
Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016

Last edited by itwasFREE!!!!; 05-10-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Black FSB built 302ci on 35" BFG MT and an 88 stubborn mule on 38" toyo MTs, LS SASd
Turns out the tank I ordered from amazon had a 3-5/8" opening because some dumba$$ didn't pay attention when ordering. Luckily o'reileys can get me a tank (for $30 more) tomorrow at 1300, which should give time to paint it, and a new box (i shredded the amazon box that looked like it just won a rugby match) to return it asap. Ima go ahead and use the Permatex tank repair to fix the now 3 small holes in the old tank and keep it as an emergency spare

And keeping with the wheeling theme here's a little random clip...note language here. @sharpshooter109 was headed towards a cliff near the end he had never seen
-UxsPBtR7aw

dr jekyll: 86 built 302,30 over, carbed, 4" lift on 35s...mr hyde: 88 302 LS SAS, both ends locked, hydro assist, 5.13s, on 38 toyos
post #85 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1987 Bronco 302/NP435
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonger View Post
@sharpshooter109 was headed towards a cliff near the end he had never seen
Thanks for calling me out on my dumb move, steve.

Lol. Jk.

That trip was a blast. Glad to have some good company there that knew where they were going.
post #86 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Black FSB built 302ci on 35" BFG MT and an 88 stubborn mule on 38" toyo MTs, LS SASd
Hey not calling you out, more so recognizing our riding order may have been a bit off. Its the hill in the bg and would end up nose down in a creek (note: its steeper than it looks I assure you)

dr jekyll: 86 built 302,30 over, carbed, 4" lift on 35s...mr hyde: 88 302 LS SAS, both ends locked, hydro assist, 5.13s, on 38 toyos
post #87 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 AM

Trail running

Some trail pics I dug up!

Found a river bed to traverse!

post #88 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Crusher Mike

Bronco Info: 1991 Arrow Nosed 5.8. SAS, 35" Cooper STT PRO 7" lift, 4.88s locked, Viar OBA
Alright now for the nose swap. There are only two generations of bronco I haven't had. The 1st and the last. This is my 2nd brick nose. When I got this one I really wanted the 5th gen but this is what I found with all the options I wanted and I really didnt like the interior of the 5th Gen (well the dash and the center console). I waited around and finally got the nose changed.(this was after a night with a fight of jumping Cholla cactus.

Put some Coopers on it

12,000lb Winch (Ive actually used it)

After all this the transmission Blew up and it sat for a year. In that time I put on The T-Bird brake swap I had the transmission rebuilt with 4R100 parts and a Transgo shift kit. A week after the trans was put back in it was off to Moab for the test run!

post #89 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 11:18 AM

Good choice @1clean5.8 , I am a bit partial I guess...

post #90 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 04:26 PM

New shocks!

So I had to change my shocks out not to long ago. I like BDS just opted to not put any stickers...

I love getting packages in the mail! My wife however...

Definitely love their slogan, No BS!

post #91 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 06:24 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 Eddie bauer 302. Semi
Garage
What'd the shock kit cost you? I like the look of those and it's a 4" lift I'm building.

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. OE spare tire carrier modified to hold stuff. Spot/flood light. Fog lights. Trail cam mount. Check out my build thread...
post #92 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Fullsize Member

So here's what my interior looked like when I got it. This thing had obviously been sunk in deep mud at least once and was pretty well ratted out.

Luckily all of the trim, panels, and other bits were piled in the bed. It went back together relatively easy

I needed a rough, easy way to store my aux battery. I built an el cheapo center console to house it and various other odds and ends. I also mounted the cb, a couple cupholders, and a few marine accessory holders to it ( @aschessla yours is the t!ts btw)

:
My wife also was not at all a fan of the stock seats and wanted something with side support. I wanted the Corbeaus, but we settled on the summit racing seats to pretend like there was a budget

I was able to use the stock frames and mounting brackets. Comfort wise they are an aquired taste, but I do like them off the pavement.
:

Otherwise I really haven't done that much to the interior (besides a $35 bt vatozone head unit). A cage is in the future along with some harnesses.

Today's work included picking up and painting the new 33gal tank (used rustoleum high temp gas resistant engine enamel) and repairing the old tank
:
Stopped at HF to pick up a body saw (besides no one knowing which blades would fit it, it worked pretty well).

Got one side trimmed . Took another 2" above, and another 1" of the trim piece. One day I may clean it up to try to make it look decent but for now it just needs to not gouge chunks out of the 38s.

Tomorrow morning I'll wrestle the tank back in before work, and trim the other fender. I'm at a loss on making up a patch for the fender wells. Oh well, maybe 5 beers will stimulate the mind...or not, whatever.
BikerPepe` likes this.

post #93 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Fullsize Member

And a little windrock video, jeep recovery at the end
nSvoc2HvSU8

post #94 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJCHANNING View Post
What'd the shock kit cost you? I like the look of those and it's a 4" lift I'm building.
I don't recall but don't remember it being horrible. BDS list pricing on their website, so you can build your package and know for sure. Good luck!
PJCHANNING likes this.
post #95 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonger View Post
I needed a rough, easy way to store my aux battery. I built an el cheapo center console to house it and various other odds and ends. I also mounted the cb, a couple cupholders, and a few marine accessory holders to it ( @aschessla yours is the t!ts btw)

:
Thanks! I love "el cheapo"! and definitely love the seats!!!

post #96 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:52 AM

Carpet change

Well, my carpet was not in the best shape when I got it and some of it was self-inflected... So I decided to change it out, plus I wanted to sound deaden the interior also so worked out. Here are some pics of the process:

You will notice a spot on the left, spilled fiberglass resin (oops)!

I used peel & stick a/c duct insulation as my sound deadener. Worked great and laid down pretty easy!

Brief hail storm break...

Taped up some stereo wires and backup camera wiring. Super clean look!

New carpet, love that smell!

The cab done!

Now for the back.

Notice my refreshment in the pic? LOL

Almost done...

BOOM!!!

And the doors

BikerPepe`, 96bronco, JGR and 3 others like this.

post #97 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Fullsize Member

New tank is finally in. The filler neck and I had a pretty epic wrestling match, but after a few choice words and contortions I that punk whooped.

Threw about 15 gallons in, primed it up, runs great.

@aschessla that looks super clean!

post #98 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 01:03 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 Eddie bauer 302. Semi
Garage
Fellow competitors, do you ever wonder if... ..when you roll up on a stuck rig they go, "Awesome, a Bronco. Now we can get out of here." I've saved a couple vehicles from a muddy, sandy, death and saw relief on their faces when I pulled up, hooked up, and walked them out.
aschessla likes this.

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. OE spare tire carrier modified to hold stuff. Spot/flood light. Fog lights. Trail cam mount. Check out my build thread...
post #99 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Fullsize Member

I don't think the two ladies in the Rover really wanted help, but they did aknowledge the rain coming and that since they had broken their winch, it would have hours of jacking and digging out. The jeep looked like one of the woodstock mud people and only had side by sides to help. He was trying to stretch a comealong when I got there and looked exhausted.

post #100 of 272 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Fullsize Member

On the way to Morris Mtn ORV, AL. 2hr drive on the interstate at 70 is a little terrifying.
JGR and huck2080 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode