F.O.T.M Voting > JULY 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco for JULY 2017!!!
stm 9 20.00%
Elliott000 13 28.89%
johnnyk8 6 13.33%
'89Bronco302 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

415Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Erik

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco
So next was turning those parts into something. The D60 sas and 10.25 swap..
Here is the lifted ttb setup in there for the last time. Just before we ripped it out.

And a view from the front.

The classic ttb salute pic... I don't hate all ttbs, plan on running it in my '92. I just think its overworked on anything larger than a 36-37 inch tire.

Old coil bucket setup removed. I've become a pro at taking off these rivets..

And a pic of where I did the project. Even though I've lived a few different places I've always done most of my work in driveways. I need a shop.

The other side..

After some cleaning and paint..

"New" coil buckets mounted..

Starting to mockup the front dana 60. Lots of measuring went into this part since everything would be welded together.

More to come...
BikerPepe`, JGR, Quader1 and 1 others like this.

'89 Bronco Build Thread
Ď92 Bronco Build Thread
'85 F350 CCLB-Fummins tow rig/dd
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 08:31 PM

Bronco Info: 1984 Rebuilt 5.0 Free Wheeling Package
Garage
Holy crap!!!! The top still fits

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
BikerPepe`, JGR, stm and 1 others like this.

1984 Full Size Ford Bronco w rebuilt 302 and Auto w/OD
Lotsa Rust - Lotsa Noise - Lotsa fabricating
Project Alpha Bronco
F.O.T.M Nominee for July - Get Out the Vote
post #43 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 12:58 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1987 FSB, 5.0, EB, C-6/ 1993 FSB, 5,0, XLT, E4OD
Wrong summer this year, day of sun, next day of rainfall... Colder then usually, ground can't receive water anymore...

Was planned for hay, but rain screw the battle xDDD And so nice time going for FOTM photo xDDD

Little mudding.

1987, FSB, 5.0, EB, c-6, Black Hoss, some oldy, some rusty, milestone is over 1 000 000 miles.
1993, FSB, 5.0, XLT, E4OD, White Mare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 07:46 AM

Garage
Man that looks like fun!!! Your Bronco has a good life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stm likes this.

Project Alpha Bronco
post #45 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Erik

So to continue the sas.. Next I had to cut out my old exhaust. Longtube headers won't work with a solid axle, at least the way I did it.

So after we did all that measuring it was time to weld on the cage radius arm mounts.

Starting to look like something.

Since the mounts aren't made for a frame like mine I bolted on the one side that remained and then also welded them to the frame.

Starting to measure and mock up the steering. I used the ballistic fab kit with dom and chevy tres. Also did knuckle under..

Finally sitting on its own weight up front again..

The axle was being centered at this point by just 2 ratchet straps. Next comes the track bar setup...

'89 Bronco Build Thread
Ď92 Bronco Build Thread
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #46 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Erik

So after looking at that upper trackbar mount I knew it wouldn't work as is. Cut off the top of the mount so it was flat and started mocking it up to a piece of angle.

After a lot of mocking up I made something..

With it in place.

Where it ties into the crossmember with one bolt.

And the lower mount welded to the axle.

Track bar in.

More to come..
BikerPepe`, JGR, stm and 2 others like this.

'89 Bronco Build Thread
Ď92 Bronco Build Thread
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #47 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 10:35 PM

Garage
Stopped at a cruise in at the ice cream shop in town. Truck was a huge hit. People love Broncos.

Gonna hit some mud this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Project Alpha Bronco
post #48 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 12:34 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

Wrenching... Hm-m-m, yea !!!

It's very comfortable in your garage, but if haven't?

xDDDD Hey, relax, it's not for Bronco xDDDD. Parts for mil truck, and it ok too, just scratch in old mil warehouses, and found some stuff for reserve xDDD
Rods, camshaft, valves and other engine parts...

For Bronco that is:

This fitting was not fit xDDD And what to do? This is in your stores half minute and bought right, we haven't non standard threads - we have just "plumbing" threads - 1/2", 3/4". 3/8", etc... Hydraulic and hose stores was suck - had to buy on E-bay... Even that... OMG!!!

What about manuals? Hard to find? Long wait? We not search easy ways... Download it from net, print and bind - and you are have excellent homemade manual xDDD

Some words about national car tuning. About why I not do it.
I like off-road, mud, and tons of fun with it. Big wheels, lifted suspensions, winches, lights and others are cool, need and useful. But in Russia today we have very strange and idiotic situation with it.
From one side, five years ago we can do it freely and many off-roaders has extreme tuning of his trucks. But today f..ing stupid government add many strings to law about restriction of ANY tuning!!! All non-standard parts in your car are non-legal now. Swap engine? Lift suspension? Even other tires, bigger then factory over 1'' - all illegal!!! Even my lightbar on White and non-standard headlights on Black - illegal:-))) Penalty - is a restriction to use your car while you not return to factory condition. As all stupidity in Russia, it law was entered into force at one moment, without warnings, almost in one day. Nobody heard about while it was on discussion. Hunters, off-roaders, farmers, geologists, and many others... Russia have many places around central cityes, where people live too and where nothing to do without winch and big tires - Far East, Siberia, many rocky regions, even in central region we have tons of hard accessible places. Citizen of far placed village - he need to use off road vehicle every time... So, let imagine - man was upgraded his car and absolutely legal used it many times, many years before... What he need to do now? In accordance with law he can't use car while not turned to factory - how? Unweld frame, body, dismount suspension? Many cars non-returnable in stock... Delirium of officiary asses...
So, today we know many unhappy stories about restriction of using that cars. What say, some peoples continue to use tuned trucks in hoping that they was not catching - but it till first technical inspection on some road police checkpoint. Like my buddy with his LR Defender...

Others was going to half-official way - all changes can be registered (surprise!!!), but it can be do for extra money xDDD in officials pockets and half-legal method of registration. For example, you can't to register any changes in capitals (why - nobody can tell), officially nothing can be registered never, but you can go to far region, in local polices department, spent about 2-3 months for "expertise" (your car just will stay into your garage, but some "experts" - who is it??? - will expertise you changes on papers), tons of money and registration into your pocket!!!! Epic!!!! Magically... Dragon Euro style restrictions multiplied by Russian corruption, bureaucracy and stupidity - can't named it otherwise... One of my friends, crazy off-road maniac, rebuild his car totally and many things on it was made by himself - original technical decisions, tricks and cool things - like as pneumo-lift for upper expedition trunk, central pneu for tires, like in trucks, on-board computer with tons of sensors around car, off-road trailer and many others - just was miserably to stop this project, and he went-thru all hell circles, registered all changes - he spent triple coast of his truck... xDDDD

It's his amazing truck - UAZ Patriot - later model - I can tell and describe it later and in another branch, if you interested and want...

But I can tell, that in this case US cars is more preferable xDDD. Nobody in police don't know about models, options, equipments, which must be from factory xDDD. As Bronco, so others was not sold officially in Russia.
Only some fanatics of old American cars can know about... Sure, somewhere into in deep of some certification institutes or like can be papers on each world car model, but who cares it? xDDDD
BikerPepe`, JGR and Quader1 like this.

1987, FSB, 5.0, EB, c-6, Black Hoss, some oldy, some rusty, milestone is over 1 000 000 miles.
post #49 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 12:35 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyk8 View Post
Man that looks like fun!!! Your Bronco has a good life.

Thanks !!!

post #50 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1984 Bronco, 351w, ZF5/205 swapped 14b rear on 37 iroks
Im three days from being home! Might have WiFi tonight dont count me out yet boys!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Quader1 and johnnyk8 like this.

1984 Bronco Xlt, Dana 60/14b, zf5, 5.13, 351w w/ truck avenger 670 and headers on iroks
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/28155
https://www.youtube.com/user/ehumpy
post #51 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Erik

So next I swapped the rear axle. Almost nothing to do compared to the front.
The last time that tiny 8.8 was in there..

And its gone.

10.25 bolted in with the beefy plates and u bolts from ruffstuff.

Under construction..

These rims and tires were nice. Unfortunately I never got the bronco running with them on there..

41 inch radial iroks on 17 inch trailready beadlocks.

I started on trimming fenders in the rear. Worked to retain inner fenders back there originally. Nowadays I realize I don't need them.

Has a good look from the front.

How I originally worked to retain the stock inner fenders in the rear..

Just showing why fender trimming was a necessity.

Starting on the front some..

This is why longtube headers are in the way and hang way too low..

These are the summit shorties I originally switched to.

Rear driveshaft bolted right in..

The exhaust I originally switched to at this point. I just bolted a turn down on the end.

Stock inner fenders would not work up front. Made a metal frame on the drivers side to hold sheet metal skins.

Drivers side turned out something like this. Comes apart like a puzzle..

The passenger side had a mess I had to clear out of the way. Like this rusty falling apart battery tray..

So I built a battery tray that sits slightly higher, holds 2 large batteries, and uses one stock mount along with multiple new ones..

I don't have pictures but on the passenger side I basically used the battery tray as my inner fender mount and had sheet metal puzzle pieces again to fill it in. At this time I also began wiring for dual batteries, swapped in a 3G alternator, and the pmgr starter. The truck would run but I never got it moving with the sas at this time. That would come later in Florida. But first came my cage and bumpers, more on those next..
BikerPepe`, JGR and stm like this.

'89 Bronco Build Thread
Ď92 Bronco Build Thread
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #52 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Fullsize Member

Hey guys finally got me some wifi here. Been touring the Oregon coast with our travel trailer, been kick ass and sure beats tenting !

Onto the Bronco, I was rifling through some of the pics on my supermotors and seen that a few pictures(my brain) are mixed up between front and rear bumper fab time etc. Ill get into my front bumper then throw down some wheeling shots, I knew all along i wanted a bumper. I also wanted a winch but had not come up with the money to get one. I dug around for a few weeks at least trying to decide what style to go with. I liked my rear bumper being all square and tough but wanted something that wasn't impinging on my approach angle even though it wasnt great with the good ol bronco frame horns! Anyhow, I seen a bunch I like made both on here and the google so i started scrounging up steel. At work we had a bunch of sched 80 pipe and some 1/4 plate so that's what I used. I had already cut the anchors like my ass end on buddys plasma table so I basically bolted those to the frame and let my creative self do the rest!

I had a harbour freight style pipe bender that I was trying to use and it ended up causing me to get pissed off because I couldnt get the bends at each end to be at the same angle, One would end up higher than i wanted in relation to the head lights and such. So after chucking 20' of pipe in the scrap pile i decided since i was a rookie... Id just cut the stuff and weld a bend in it. Actually turned out pretty good conisedring, Overall it has held up well. I did ram into a rock wall with some speed and ripped a weld but I bent er back into shape and re welded it! Give er

Here's a shot of it completed with my daylighters full on poser shot at work

After she was mounted up It was about time to stop building it and start playing! Went up to Squamish for a rip to an old abandoned copper mine. Preety sweet place with lots to see

Hope none of you will hate on me for ripping through a creek haha, I never dripped oil. BKO was always tight! I swear

Here she is rolling out of the paint booth with another fresh touch up on the paint!

Jordan my daughter helping finalize the paint job on the bumper

WATER

Here's where we just left Crater lake Oregon. Some nice views up here!

Here's what I do when im bored and my cousin is in town, Take the truck for an evening cruise then do some urban wheeling in my neighbours DITCH. Ya she got stuck two doors up from my house haha, my buddy came out from his place to hook me up and drag me out. My wife was choked, me i laughed it all off and did er again ut with more throttle!

It was actually after this little ditch dive that I decided a front lsd or locker was in order.
Like a true friend, after Mike pulled me out of the ditch a few days later I got a call that he was hung up at Stave lake. About an hour from my place. Load the wife n kids, lets go get em out!

I think that is it for photos on 35s .... they actually didn't last long. Long story short, I blew my motor up and during its down time/rebuild I scored a 14 bolt rear end. Naturally with a diferent bolt pattern comes new wheels and obviously bigger tires right?

Ill wrap this post up and get back to camping.... I seized the front main in my motor an the way home from work and broke my crank shaft right in half. Awesome, Ill be back with the rebuild and a rear diff swap when im home on the 19th! enjoy the weekend yall. Here's a busted crank!
It wouldnt post the pic because i named the picture a baaaaad word so try this
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1...rs-****ed2.jpg
BikerPepe`, JGR and stm like this.
post #53 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 11:25 PM
stm
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post

I seized the front main in my motor an the way home from work and broke my crank shaft right in half.
Here's a busted crank!
It wouldnt post the pic because i named the picture a baaaaad word so try this
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1...rs-****ed2.jpg
Why it happened? Whats reason?

post #54 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 01:05 AM
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stm View Post
Why it happened? Whats reason?
I had always wondered the condition of my oil pressure. That motor that seized was the original 351w with something like 190,000 km on er. it used to burn some oil but never leaked and didnt smoke much so i assume i had this bearing that was getting hot and eating up oil. I have a pretty steady climb on y way home from work and i tend to get on the throttle after a long day haha, half way up BANG the friggin truck shook and it was silence just the hum of my tires. I couldn't start it because it was seized up. Got it towed home and pulled the motor a few days later. When i dropped the oil pan the evidence was there, i blew the fron main cap right off and broke it in half. The crank had split in two and welded its journal's to the bearing and part of the block. It was a sad day for the ol truck and me haha i was sad that i couldn't drive it but haply that i get to work on or figure out a new power plant! Thats the next story

1984 Bronco Xlt, Dana 60/14b, zf5, 5.13, 351w w/ truck avenger 670 and headers on iroks
post #55 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 05:26 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

Today we will speak about defense xDDDD
How you can defense your ranch or farm or property? Yes, you can buy a rifle, in US... But here we can not... Restrictions...
So, every man roll as can....(Joke :-)))) xDDD One day I came to my buddy and saw that:

What??? What is greeny spot on horizon??? Are you serious??? OMFG!!!! A-ha-ha-ha.... Really? You are f...king crazy!!!! xDDDD
It was really heavy surprise in both means xDDD Yes, we love old machinery, yes, we like restore old trucks and tractors, but this... Really cool and fun...
I heard about military surplus and machinery auctions - in US, some like we have in here, in Russia, but more smaller and modestly... To find and buy something like that in good shape is hard job...
Sure, it was demilitarized - they remove machineguns, but other stayed in excellent condition. It has two coaxial machineguns - 14.5 KPVT and 7.62 PKT...
Why and for what he bought it - he can't explain - but it was his old dream xDDDD...
So, let park your horse, stop the engine, open beer (necessarily!!!) and let's go to close!!!
I call it "Evil Duck" as saw from first time xDDDD.

So, what is it? - lets meet with:
It's a "BRDM-2". Acronym from... are you want to speak some Russian? "Bronirovannaya Razvedivatelno-Dozornaya Mashina" A-ha-ha-ha, are you broke tongue? Nice, we same can speak it scarce :-))) Good example of long words... In translating all more better: "Armored Reconnaissance-Patrolling Vehicle" xDDD .
Some specs: V8, 5.5 L, 150 HP gasoline carburetted engine, four-wheeled, 4x4, part-timed, have low range in transfer case, all diffs locks, mechanical winch, tires air pressure regulation, floating, water-jet propeller, in additional it have small "rollers" along both boards, which can be released and raised, when need to cross big humps or ditches.

Bronco, as usually, in tech support...

Interior - brutality, fatality, utility, but not usability xDDDD

BTW, that metal trunk - is pre-GPS system - gyro-half compass with coordinate viewer...

Engine - like in Bronco xDDD - different in full aluminum construction...

Battle compartment - very narrow and small. 4 person are planned been there - driver, commander, chem/radiation recon and gunner...

Translating this sign: "Driver! Before coming to water check closing of all plugs and valves in hull!!!"

We are only a peaceful farmers :-)))) Not more... xDDD

Commander's viewfinder/battle distance and angles meter...

Personnel's armored periscopic slots

Part of instrument cluster - from up to left and bottom - compass, pressure in tires (words on scale - from top to bottom - sand, arable, swamp, snow), speedometer.

Signs about using gearbox, transfer case, winch, water jet...

post #56 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 09:19 AM
Erik

Cool

As mentioned the roll cage came next. Even though the bronco was still not moving from the axle swap, we towed it over to a friends place where they built me a nice cage from dom tubing.

I didn't want the cage protruding into the back much because of my soft top. The lines on the cage actually rest under the soft top perfectly.

Here you can see the seat bars and small slider.

The cage is very stout. We decided to cut 6 large holes in my floor so the dom goes straight through and is welded to stand offs made from large pieces of box and angle..

A view from the rear.

The dash bar is awesome, follows the lines perfectly.

I had them do the roof this way for head room. I'm tall and didn't want to be bashing my skull..

This was also one of the times I cleaned my whole floor.

Theres various patch panels for rust throughout the floor I did.

I originally had chain steps bolted to the body. When these sliders went on with the cage I had them weld them on.

So then I had huge holes in my floor. A few weeks later we patched them. I suck at welding sheetmetal so my buddy did that as I cut pieces.

Next came the bumpers and tailgate...
BikerPepe`, JGR, stm and 2 others like this.

'89 Bronco Build Thread
Ď92 Bronco Build Thread
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #57 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 11:05 AM

Garage
So awesome - you guys are miles ahead of me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project Alpha Bronco
post #58 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 01:56 PM
Fullsize Member

Roll cage is sick man. Im saving these pics for future reference lol. Im finally back to civilization! Ill throw down a post tomorrow showcasing a new motor. One ton rear end swap and 37s and also what happens when ne power and torque meet half ton parts and trannys lol!

'89Bronco302 likes this.

post #59 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 11:56 PM
stm
Fullsize Member

Next section!!! Next section!!!
I going in my short part vacation now, so I stay on-line, but maybe I can't upload pics periodically, I put bulk amount now...

Are you want a little cold? xDDD Spring pics from sands, found it at one of my old HDDs...

Cool stone gate was found xDDD

And beaver's territory...

All horses are dirty in Spring, especially white...

Something destroyed... Old pump station I think...

Not bad place for fishing later...

Spring - cold wind, cold water, deep blue sky and looking for a summer (proofed by Chris Rea xDDD). I don't know, how explain, but don't like this weather, feel myself as ill, and it cool at same time - all summer ahead and each next day more sunny and warmer... Days going to longer and longer....
I add some scenery pics, as usually, around sands... Clay, clay, to horizon... All soaked with water and many places are impassable...
Are you was at Mars? No? Look at this...

Martian's tech...

Somewhere we can found white horse xDDD

JGR likes this.

post #60 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 02:07 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

Welcome to the jungle!!!!

This part I split for two subs.

All unused fields covered with high grass and weeds. We have here one dangerous type of weed - again I don't know about right translating - Google gives so translate - 'Cow-bream', or 'Cow parsnip', 'Borschevik' in Rus lang... Looks as tall umbrella plant, can be taller man's height, with tube stem and white umbrella flowers at top, wide foils... It dangerous for animals and man - at Summer it produced poison juice, which causes chemical burns with skin contact, especially under the ultraviolet application... And next joke of that plant - extremely quick grow and expansion. When it just starts at filed and sporadic while - better way to kill - chem destruction of each unit. We decided going around thru fields, check borders, discover new points of that plants, and just look around...

Horsie run around country....

That's sucks!!!! That ones, bi...es!!!

and his foils

It other grass - safe, but brutal too, can be used for hay...

What about Russia's cactus? xDDDD I like it!!! Cool creepy thing with barbs...

Cow (what a cow??? - Horse!!!!) in fields...

You can use at for backgrounds - no copyrighted !!!! xDDDD

Ship in waves... Can you find it? xDDDD

But we can drop any useful deal to trash and jokes - ha-ha-ha... All goes good while not came to forest.
As I told, rainy soaked all ground, so any car gives paths like that xDDDD

Is it China??? Rice can be growing???? xDDD

How you are tell? 'I come, I f...ck sh...t up, I live' ?? Right? xDDDD Excellent example, how turn any task in off-roading!!!

Big tires, lifted? Useless!!! Thick slipper mud turn grips to slicks... He is not on axles - clearance is sufficient, just tires as formula-1-liked slicks in slippery mud...

So, 'Jeep recovery crew'? Ha-ha-ha, what a picture - classic !!!!

Sorry, bud, you will at iconic picture for all Fords xDDD

Snatch rope - it's 15 tons Mig braking parachute rope (real, without laugh), not a elastic for our weights, more applicable for real big rigs, more than 5-7 tons... But we are use it without jerk...

And next - C'mon, take care!!! Big Horse coming!!!

I expect nothing from worn out AT tires xDDDD and big ass stocked somewhere in woods xDDDD

Shovels - all about us... Everyday I 'shovelling' xDDDD Useless, need more support!!! Even not all here - call to others!!! We need winches!!! xDDDD
Defender is coming!!! Britain brutality close and close and..... stuck too behind ha-ha-ha.... We have triple !!!

Are you saw Yeti? Is he running here? xDDDD

Who was forgiven? Not enough UAZ, right? Call him!!! xDDD He went and with epic exclamation - "Look as doing Pro" starts move to the bog He-he-he... And stuck too at same place xDDDD
"Sink as a Pro", we call it xDDDD

Nothing was helped - even full locks of UAZ. Know, looks as very simple, bigger mud tires, speed and low pressure can be take it without problems, but... in that situation we are all 'mudding' xDDDD
Sure, after that we used winches and recovery with easy, just not want unwind it...
BikerPepe`, JGR and Quader1 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode