F.O.T.M Voting > JULY 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco for JULY 2017!!!
stm 9 20.00%
Elliott000 13 28.89%
johnnyk8 6 13.33%
'89Bronco302 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

415Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 08:02 AM

Bronco Info: 1984 Rebuilt 5.0 Free Wheeling Package
Garage
Looks like so much fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1984 Full Size Ford Bronco w rebuilt 302 and Auto w/OD
Lotsa Rust - Lotsa Noise - Lotsa fabricating
Project Alpha Bronco
F.O.T.M Nominee for July - Get Out the Vote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, 6" lift, 4.56 gears, 35" GY MT/Rs, front locker, rear LSD, rear disc conversion
Garage
F.O.T.M Voting > JULY 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!

@stm , I love that you have a parachute rope from an airplane's braking system - a Mig, too. That's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MS88Bronc
Don't be fooled by the name,
1996 XL with 5.8L/E4OD/BW1356,
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
***GO NOMINATE AND VOTE FOR FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH HERE!!***
post #63 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 06:15 PM
Erik

Bronco Info: 89,92,94
So at some point I got rid of my stock tailgate entirely. Ordered one of the new shells with intentions of modifying it. Here it is on the bronco, with the key hole patched up.

And the handle holes patched.

Somehow I don't have a picture.. But I also closed the window slot entirely and smoothed it over. Need to grab a pic.
It just closes with some cheap barrel latch locks. Works perfect for me on this particular bronco.

And leftover chain used to hold it up. Surprisingly you don't hear them at all back there.
BikerPepe`, JGR and stm like this.

’89 Bronco
’92 Bronco
’94 Bronco
'85 F350 CCLB-Fummins tow rig
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 12:04 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1984 Bronco, 351w, ZF5/205 swapped 14b rear on 37 iroks
anyone else having supermotors issues? I went to get on to make a big post and it says my username/pass incorrect then I request a info confirmation email and its telling me something about my email i supplied does not match the one on file??? WTF

1984 Bronco Xlt, Dana 60/14b, zf5, 5.13, 351w w/ truck avenger 670 and headers on iroks
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/28155
https://www.youtube.com/user/ehumpy
post #65 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 02:09 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
I didn't upload but I just went there and logged in. no problem.
Elliott000 likes this.
post #66 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 02:50 PM
Erik

I've been trying to post all day. Supermotors was down for me all morning but fine now. So...
Bumpers..
Started by buying a warn bumper with 9000i from a fsb member for a good price.

It was in pretty good condition but the bumper wasn't very stout imo.

So we cut the center winch mounting portion out and I used the rest of the thinner metal to make stuff like floor patches and inner fender panels.
And my buddy got a few very thick pieces of 2x10 steel for free and got to work..
The front..

Technically these are both sealed other than the license plate holes I drilled so I could use them as air tanks at some point.

We cut the front frame rails off to match and welded it directly on.

Cleaned up the rear.. We cut the frame rails here as well to weld it on.

It's like a roll pan but beefy.
BikerPepe`, stm and Quader1 like this.

’89 Bronco
’92 Bronco
’94 Bronco
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #67 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Fullsize Member

ok I got er all sorted out.

Going through facebook has reminded me the order of things, hell youd think I was old considering my memory haha

So my motor actually went after i got my iroks and my 14bolt in, so Ill touch on that first. I had gotten an older 4 rib 14bolt off a buddy for a hundered bucks and a case of beer. Over the time while I was running my 9? i had welded it up and grenaded it twice so I knew a beefier rear was in my plans.

Here's the 9" after some welded rock wheeling.... busted

Here's the weld job before she detonated

Here's What I had in my shelf and should have run but I was afraid of a gear setup, but soon enough I woould be doing one in the 14b

So after a busted ass end and the cost of building a tuff 9" it was time to build the 14. AND buy some wheels/tires
For our terrain I had been suggested IROKS and since i wanted to street drive aswell i went radial.

I have loved the tires but the radial sidewalls have let me down a couple times.

Anyway, back to the 14 bolt. It was a relatively simple swap, I got some ruff stuff perches so I could set the axle back an inch or so. Also moved the shock tabs up so they werent below the tube. After I set the gears up and installed a grizzly locker she was ready to roll. Here's all the pics I have from the 14b install.

Inside the 14b drums after mudding with crap seals

I dont know how i managed but at some point i squashed the spring pad. probably after my first wheeling trip on the new tires which lasted about 15 minutes haha

Welded the 14bolts tubes up because I heard of em spinning

So I briefly ran this setup and according to my facebook record keeping briefly is 10 days! then my motor let go. so onto that mess, I ran out of oil on the front main and after i tore the bottom end apart i seen the damage. The bearing was welded to the crank and the block, I blew out the bottom cap and split my crank in half.... Buggered
[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1111784/fullsize/motors-****ed2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1111783/fullsize/motors-****ed1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1111782/fullsize/motors-****ed.jpg[/img]
I dont have any pics saved from the damage. I generally just delete stuff!
After the damage was discovered to be catastrophic I was on the hunt for a motor. After a bunch of research I decided to go with a reman and some upgrades out of a place in spokane called S&J engines. overall they were good and the motor did what it was supposed to.
Quick overview off the build
351w .030 over
35-414-3 magnum cam
prw rollertip rockers
bottom end was mostly stock pistons i believe were stock and the motor was at about 9.5:1 compression
I went edelbrock performer intake and a holey 670TA carb
Chevy valves
Overall Ive been happy. acceleration on my c6 was not what I wanted but its no race car, 37's and 4.10s i guess will do that. Going back in time I would have unloaded the cash and done a 408 stroker but hey. here i am haha.

Custom home brew exhaust parts!

Recurving the distributor

Trying to pass our stupid aircare. luckily its gone forever!

So thats all for the motor part of it, as it sits now that power plant is still in there and running well. I gotta bolt and take the kids to a movie with some, Ill leave off with a picture or two of my 15 minute wheeling excursion on the 37's and new motor..... some parts didn't like it haha

And now, FINALLY i can use the ol girl after I built a new 1350 driveshaft! Ill be back later with lots of pics from the broncos adventures following that up with another busted part. trannys i tell ya!

thanks for reading

1984 Bronco Xlt, Dana 60/14b, zf5, 5.13, 351w w/ truck avenger 670 and headers on iroks
post #68 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 03:42 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
Just FYI for you guys competing... I'm pretty sure SM and many/most other free, pic hosting sites are getting flooded recently with new members and tons of pic transfers, so be patient and plan accordingly. the effects of PhotoSuckIt's money move to screw everyone is making shock-waves across internet communities far and wide.

Another quick note/explanation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post
The bearing was welded to the crank and the block, I blew out the bottom cap and split my crank in half.... Buggered
[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1111784/fullsize/motors-****ed2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1111783/fullsize/motors-****ed1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1111782/fullsize/motors-****ed.jpg[/img]
I dont have any pics saved from the damage. I generally just delete stuff!
Apparently the bad-word filter is working on image files and rendering them useless. Just a heads up.

(Disclaimer: BikerPepe` is no longer a staff member and anything or everything he says should be ignored and proper staff members should be addressed for real answers and explanations. This msg may self destruct in accordance with proper staff members judgement and FOTM rules on hijacking threads. Thank you and have a nice day.)

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 07-19-2017 at 03:50 PM.
post #69 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Erik

So the next part of my bronco saga involves me neglecting it. I never finished the sas to a point of moving, electrical stuff was unfinished, among other things. Started modifying my dodge and got burnt out on the bronco. Eventually traded the 5 beadlocks, tires, and some cash for an LS1 powered car. That was fun while it lasted... But I have a bronco addiction.
Heres where it sat in the woods for many, many years. Like 5 or 6 years I think.

So in that time I also moved from Maryland to Florida with my other 2 vehicles while the bronco sat there. Got a bug to rebuild the bronco eventually and sold my LS1 Volvo very quickly. Cash went into parts for the bronco and transporting it more than 800 miles. Heres when I dragged it out of the woods for the first time..

It was bad from sitting back there.. At least 3 separate mice nests, spiders everywhere, more rust, and an insane amount of dirt. The mice nests in the door panels were so nasty I just threw out the panels.

And when the guy picked it up in Maryland. Funny how it was a trailer with just an old bronco and blazer on it. Guy was really cool and into me fixing it up.

The next part was much better. After my disabled neighbor helped me get the bronco into my driveway the real work began. The pace of work I did during these periods in Florida was unreal. More to come..
BikerPepe`, JGR and stm like this.

’89 Bronco
’92 Bronco
’94 Bronco
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #70 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Tough month fellas! It's all looking great. Got about a week before I'll cast my vote so keep the pics flowing!

@stm you had me laughing hard at "everyday I'm shovelin"! Is that the Moscow remix? The 'cow' pics were pretty cool, and damn that is a crazy cactus plant. Do they give you flat tires at all?
stm and Elliott000 like this.

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #71 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 06:55 PM

Garage
Thinking I kinda blew my wad all in two posts!!!

I should've spread it out!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Project Alpha Bronco
post #72 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, 6" lift, 4.56 gears, 35" GY MT/Rs, front locker, rear LSD, rear disc conversion
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyk8 View Post
Thinking I kinda blew my wad all in two posts!!!

I should've spread it out!

Haha I almost said that after your photo dump!

All the rigs look awesome! Good month.

johnnyk8 likes this.

MS88Bronc
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
post #73 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 07:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS88Bronc View Post
Haha I almost said that after your photo dump!

All the rigs look awesome! Good month.

NICE!!!!!!!

MS88Bronc likes this.

Project Alpha Bronco
post #74 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Black FSB built 302ci on 35" BFG MT and an 88 stubborn mule on 38" toyo MTs, LS SASd
Go outside and take pictures of everything, every detail, even the stuff you want to change. I need motivation to fix up my black 86. I also need a push to thrash my 88. So far so good guys but keep it up!
Elliott000 and johnnyk8 like this.

dr jekyll: 86 built 302,30 over, carbed, 4" lift on 35s...mr hyde: 88 302 LS SAS, both ends locked, hydro assist, 5.13s, on 38 toyos
post #75 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 09:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonger View Post
Go outside and take pictures of everything, every detail, even the stuff you want to change. I need motivation to fix up my black 86. I also need a push to thrash my 88. So far so good guys but keep it up!
After work tomorrow!

Elliott000 likes this.

Project Alpha Bronco
post #76 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 08:21 PM
Fullsize Member

Ahh yeaaaa its like ealry Christmas! 5.13s, install kits and hydro assist! Ill see if i have time to get started on this during the comp but i doubt it. Back later with some mud and flat tires!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

post #77 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:40 AM

Garage
Alright buddies I'm going to Milwaukee to pick up a drone. We will have footage in glorious 4K and 120 fps HD slowmo.

Hobbies are expensive!

Elliott000 likes this.

Project Alpha Bronco
post #78 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 11:17 AM
Fullsize Member

Ok so back at it!

After finally getting the thing what i thought was ready to rock and hitting a trail 15 minutes from home It busted the shaft as I mentioned before. Luckily it was only the rear so I pulled the shaft turned er around and drove home on the front wheels. burn outs at every corner haha. I took the wife and her sprained ankle out for a shake down run again near my place. Im very lucky to live where we have some fun technical spots only 15 minutes from home, here's a few shots bit of a log mess to weave through at the start then its mostly gravel power line road to the look out nothing to tech on this run

POSER

Later that evening i took a load of garbage to work with my son. I had just finished putting in a magnaflow basically straight exhaust and was stretching its legs on the way up a big hill. Copper heard me before he saw me and I got a ticket, yup the ol girl still has it and can speed hahaha, Not sure why OJ didn't drop the hammer! Kinda funny, my boy started crying when the cop walked up because he thought dad was going to jail.

After that a couple weeks later we packed up and went for a real drive up about an hour and a half from home to check out a mountain pass. Here's some shots of the ol bronk in action up there.
Here's me and my buddy Karls trooper on 40's pretty sweet rig

End of the line for our crew, there was a washout that the dirt bikes plowed through but the trucks held off, Karl and I wanted to go but just before we got to this I was a winner and had myself some issues!

Couple shots on the way to my 600 dollar problem of the day

Here's the irok and the day I learned I hate the radials sidewall

I thought I had just blown the bead so we grabbed the air compressor and went at getting the tire back on. Once we put the air to it though is when I noticed i ripped a nice big hole in it. Tire was done for good, on with the spare

This is me explaining to my boy how to stay calm when shit goes wrong and the wife is bickering in your ear haha

The Slop after i winched out

Here's a video clip from the tire pop, at a point when i first come out of the hole you can hear it let go.
https://youtu.be/DumNOhgila4
That's it for that adventure. Next up was a trip to stave lake, local mud flats and trail area. Can u spot the camo bronco hiding in the trees

I gotta do some stuff here at work! Ill be back with some more action from a couple days at stave and a local farm.
BikerPepe`, JGR, stm and 1 others like this.

post #79 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
@Elliott000 , that exhaust sounds wicked when you get on it.

Elliott000 likes this.

MS88Bronc
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
post #80 of 141 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 05:21 PM

Garage
Outstanding!!!

Project Alpha Bronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode