I also got my dash pad and door panels cleaned up and painted.
I got the intake heater plate installed and the heater hoses connected to it and the new heater core. I was going to start it to check for leaks, but it wouldn't start. In researching, I found that the Duraspark system should use the coil designed for it. So, I ordered one from Rock Auto along with the connector. Also found a good deal on a Duraspark module on eBay and ordered it. I also checked the wire harness between the module and distributor and found some bare wires, so I remade the harness. After all this was installed it fired right up.
While I had the interior mostly stripped and the top off, I figured it would be the best time to repair the roof cracks. I found a lot of help and references in the forum on how to do this. I have done a little welding, but not on sheetmetal. My buddy offered to let me use his mig machine, so...
Started cutting access panels. Had to bring my 3/4 hole saw home from work to finish.
Passenger side wasn't too bad.
Driver's side a bit worse.
Here's the driver's side after burning a lot of wire and doing a lot of grinding
Made the reinforcements for the inside, 2 for each side.
Cleaned the insides up real good and glued the reinforcements in with this.
Driver's side in primer.
Painted and prepped for cover.
Covers glued and riveted on.
Next up; get the interior back together.