FULLSIZE BRONCO OF THE YEAR CONTEST - 2017! VOTE HERE!!!!!! - Page 8 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco of 2017!!!
Quader1 39 54.17%
remco 17 23.61%
greasemonger 5 6.94%
'89Bronco302 6 8.33%
cobrajoe 5 6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

1015Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 216 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 03:27 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: FSB 1991 XLT.......351W
Ok something about my plan to put a front middle jump seat intead of our fridge....

First I hope that our back seat will be great. In most ways it was. It was in oem fabric and dimensions are great for this. BUT, this seat doesnt have seatbelt and Isofix. So I started to search for new seat with seatbelt and Isofix. I found as best one from Honda FR-V....

here are the first attempt with old seat from Renault:)

And this is the one from Honda FR-V. It is litlle bigger but has seatbelt, Isofix, cup holder and funny folding storage. I have to put it to OEM fabric, so it will be same like two others front seats....

BikerPepe`, itwasFREE!!!! and JGR like this.

One of the few bronco owner in Europe

https://s6.postimg.org/6ovncsvhd/zzzx.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 216 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
Got the rear bumper all fixed up just needs prepped and painted. I had an new (old) front Ramsey winch bumper I had bought new about 25-30 years ago. I had already spent way more money on this project (probably 3 times as much as planned) so I decided to use it.
I bought a Warn Winch but had to fab the bumper to make everything work. I also could not for the life of me find the brackets I bought with the bumper so I had to fab those up as well.

Some mocking up:

Had to cut some new Winch holed, and fill in the old:

Built some mounting brackets that could be removed so I could upgrade bumpers later on:

Got everything sanded down, and cleaned up for Etching primer:

And then got them all painted up. I went with satin Black so it could easily touched up (which I have already done a few times)

Then got them installed:

Next up was prepping and painting the cover but that will be later, time for some fun!!!!!

Back in Moab on Long Canyon Trail (a very scenic trail)

On this trail there were Dwellings inside the side of the mountain. Most were people living in them and some were vacant so we had to stop and check it out.

And some of the inside:

post #143 of 216 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 09:05 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Yo yo yo like @BikerPepe' said the contest does not end until December 12 at 7 AM. so post post post don't give up the ghost just yet! But hey also wanted to give a shout out to @remco that sure is a nice write up in Bronco Driver Magazine issue #74 Nice Job buddy!
And I'll wagon train with @BikerPepe' and drive to meet you and your sidekicks. Arizona is the place you got to see, so load up your BKO & come visit the Great GC! Grand Canyon that is, Swiming pools & we have movie stars too. Lol But it's also the Home of Giant Saguaros, Cotton, Copper, Citrus, Climate & Cattle. Ok ok I hear ya all! Let's see your pics Bronco Maniacs FOTY 2017
BikerPepe`, Quader1 and SRWillis like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to our Addiction, where counseling consist of admitting the problem is you and your Bronco is the Cure!
Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016

Last edited by itwasFREE!!!!; 11-30-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
I started on the cover with fixing scratches, and cracks that were in the shell and then priming them:

Then used some Lord Fusor flexible Urethane seam sealer on the seams:

I then proceeded to scuff the whole top with a red Scotch Brite to prep it for a texture coating:

I painted the underside to match the interior with Sem Plastic and vinyl spray and the put sound deadener on.

Then sealed and painted the top

The top done and installed

Next up was Suspension but more on that later. Here are some more pics I have of Moabs Long Canyon:

post #145 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Erik

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco
A picture from when I swapped out the lower coil spring retainers.

Later while cleaning.

Then I went to hardrock again. This was the last time I went offroad in Florida.

Loaded it up (I have since made the fenders drive over).

Towed it north.

'89 Bronco Build Thread
Ď92 Bronco Build Thread
'85 F350 CCLB-Fummins tow rig/dd
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #146 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
When it came to suspension I had no idea what I was doing but figured it would be the perfect time to start learning. So I read and read FSB about suspension and decided I wanted Duff Arms and Deaver Springs. After that it would be hit and miss.

The BKO needed ball joints

Mocking up

I also wanted and put Fox Shocks on

To help with the decision on the wheels I cut some cardboard out. I was going for looks rather than use, one of many mistakes on the suspension. I also didnít know when you buy a tire Ö say 33Ē tires that most donít actually measure 33Ē new.

And then done yes I know it looks like it missed leg day:

post #147 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Black FSB built 302ci on 35" BFG MT and an 88 stubborn mule on 38" toyo MTs, LS SASd

dr jekyll: 86 built 302,30 over, carbed, 4" lift on 35s...mr hyde: 88 302 LS SAS, both ends locked, hydro assist, 5.13s, on 38 toyos
post #148 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Erik

Once I had the bronco back up north I built a spare tire carrier since I finally had a full-size spare.

Eventually I may build a swing out carrier but this works now as I only carry the spare offroad.

That was in preparation for my first offroad trip back up north. The east coast bronco roundup. All loaded up..

Some body damage. I have since hit that exact same spot on 2 more consecutive trips.

'89 Bronco Build Thread
Ď92 Bronco Build Thread
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #149 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
Well we pretty much have the restore done on the BKO, but not all the upgrades. Ö I have a few more left like the sliders, Steering Ram, Hydraboost brakes and such.

After getting through these upgrades there was some major work done to the BKO that took 3 months to complest.

Next on the list was Sliders. I had them built, welded and mounted (without Paint) in a day. I was in a rush so I could take the BKO and make an appearance @ the first ever AZ Bronco Club Meet-N-Greet .

I Stole all the ideas off of FSB to build the sliders other than make them stick out. I needed some kind of something to step on and I have HUGE Feet. I also needed something for the wife to get in easier.

I started off with a cheapo HF bender :

Started with some stock, most was .25 walled:

Cut the main stock I think it was 2 X 3 .25 walled at an angle. I tried everything I did with these thinking I wanted it to bounce off or slide to protect all the body work I did.

I watched a few youtube videos on how to make the bends and went to work.

I got them all welded up and ready for Mockup :

Now I bought that bender and used it for four bends, this is all it was used for until a buddy wanted to make some Sliders and we used it on his. So this bender has a total of 4 bends total lol

I Stuck the sliders underneath for some mockup

Welded up the mounting points and bolted them up. This is how the BKO looked at the First AZ BKO Club Meet-N-Greet

Here is MNG #1 (sorry about the quality of the pics)

Here are some action, and poser shots from Three Feathers in Tucson Arizona

And then Ill have some GoPro video of me going up this:

post #150 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 06:25 PM
<- Where to Next? ->

Bronco Info: '96 XL
Three Feathers and running the "Chute".

Since the Early 70's That little section has claimed more Rockers, Fenders, Doors and Quarters than you would ever believe.
itwasFREE!!!! and Quader1 like this.
post #151 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post

Since the Early 70's That little section has claimed more Rockers, Fenders, Doors and Quarters than you would ever believe.

Luckily I Had a great spotter and zero damage, but here it is. This video is Bad7*ss and still dosn't do it justice !!!!!

post #152 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
After the MNG I pulled the sliders back off and coated them with etching primer, and painted them Black:

Back in Moab, The Long Canyon trail was at the top of the Canyon. The Next day we did the bottom of the canyon on a trail called Kane Creek Canyon (much more difficult) and still to this day may not be the most difficult trail Iíve done but I have never been more scared to wheel on this trail than any of the others due to usually have a cliff on 1 side of you and the narrow spots. This is a Jeep trail not a FSB one but we did it.
Here are a few from Kane Creek Canyon:

post #153 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Erik

Next I swapped an ox locker in the sterling along with the cable shifter.

Then some upgrades for worn parts.
A high flow saginaw from psc.

Reservoir mounted on a bracket I made.

At that time I replaced all of the transmission and steering lines with braided stainless.

Power steering cooler with an extra fan.

Hydro assist ram mounted. One of the best mods I've done.

Heres with the transmission cooler and fan mounted.

I had to remove the light bar and hack up the back of the grill. I'll have a fresh grill off a parts truck to replace this grill after this weekend.
Then my leaf spring hangers started cracking so I cut them off.

New

Then I loaded up for rausch again.

Ended up mostly smoking my transmission and losing all the fluid.

'89 Bronco Build Thread
Ď92 Bronco Build Thread
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #154 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post

Here is that same spot from a camera on a tripod, You can see my wife and @itwasFREE!!!! stumbling around working there butts off !!!!

you can also see my wire loom smoking from the exhaust heat about 3/4 the way in the vid

Last edited by Quader1; 12-06-2017 at 05:03 PM.
post #155 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
Enough of this old stuff, time for some new.

Having the BKO done, and wheeling I found it very difficult to do the kind of wheeling that I enjoy and caused a lot of stress. I found myself sweating like a pig being it was very difficult to drive being a stick.
I figured I was going to rebuild the motor myself but did want to wait. Most of the parts I was going to get for the rebuild was going to be from Tim Meyers and instead I just had him build me a motor.

While I was at it I decided to convert the BKO to an automatic. What held me back was I just loved the granny gear both in 2WD and while 4 Wheeling. So I went on 1 last run at Smiley Rock and then started working on it the next day. It took 3 months of down time but I also wanted to get it done also for this competition.

Whatís in the box ?

Why itís a Tim Meyers Motor with Trick Flow Aluminum heads:

Here the motor is all together Ö.. its so prrrreeettttyyyyyyy

Some more of Kane Creek Canyon

post #156 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Fullsize Member

This was our first offroad testing in MUD :)
before we made a camper shell on it....

post #157 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 07:47 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 4BTA, GM-NV4500, NP205, 37" Toyo, K&N, 3G, Sag, AOB, Deaver, SAS, 8 lugs, ARB, Fiberwerx
Remco, There's a pretty tough competition you are running up against. All the other Broncos are very nice, great builds, shiny lacquer... Sadly only handful of people in here (if anybody at all) realize how challenging it is to own and maintain Bronco in Eastern Europe, let alone all that modifications you made to it in front of your garage. With the respect to all other Broncos in this competition - none of them can match your effort and money you put into your truck. You cannot swing by local junk yard and pull out cheap used parts or walk into near car parts store and get almost anything in the instant. All that shipping cost from Rock Auto to Slovakia adds up pretty quickly. Another thing that is very impressive that I believe not very many people realize is your solo travel through some of the most remote parts of the world like BAM highway. It takes some courage and serious planning to undertake that kind of trip. Something nobody here can even remotely imagine. No rock crawling or mud bogging can come anywhere near.
Also Slovak is your native tongue and again hardly anybody here can speak/write other then English. All that I wrote above when added together is very impressive achievement.
I already gave you my vote and I wish I could do more. As of now it does not look very promising for you, but I hope it will swing to your favor in coming days.
Also - do you have some info on that snorkel? It is obvious not hideous home made piece from black sewage pipes seen here and there. If you can share more details on that. Thank you
Good luck and I hope you are going to win. You deserve that!
Milan
BigBlue 94 and remco like this.
post #158 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
I went ahead and got the motor ordered up and started collecting parts.

I got a Broader performance Trans with wide ratio gear ratio

Hey I wonder whatís in this box

Here are a few more Moab pics

Also I figured I would through in some from a trail called Smiley rock , named that way because just as the name says lol

post #159 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 04:32 AM
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan65 View Post
Remco, There's a pretty tough competition you are running up against. All the other Broncos are very nice, great builds, shiny lacquer... Sadly only handful of people in here (if anybody at all) realize how challenging it is to own and maintain Bronco in Eastern Europe, let alone all that modifications you made to it in front of your garage. With the respect to all other Broncos in this competition - none of them can match your effort and money you put into your truck. You cannot swing by local junk yard and pull out cheap used parts or walk into near car parts store and get almost anything in the instant. All that shipping cost from Rock Auto to Slovakia adds up pretty quickly. Another thing that is very impressive that I believe not very many people realize is your solo travel through some of the most remote parts of the world like BAM highway. It takes some courage and serious planning to undertake that kind of trip. Something nobody here can even remotely imagine. No rock crawling or mud bogging can come anywhere near.
Also Slovak is your native tongue and again hardly anybody here can speak/write other then English. All that I wrote above when added together is very impressive achievement.
I already gave you my vote and I wish I could do more. As of now it does not look very promising for you, but I hope it will swing to your favor in coming days.
Also - do you have some info on that snorkel? It is obvious not hideous home made piece from black sewage pipes seen here and there. If you can share more details on that. Thank you
Good luck and I hope you are going to win. You deserve that!
Milan
Oh man, thanks for this nice words! I really appreciate it.
Yes It was quite difficult to realized such a big project as our, in front of our garage. But It is our love, our passion, our dream so we put there all of us!
Big thanks goes to my wife Susan because she is best and share this dream with me all the time. Lot of stuffs on our Bronco she did with her hands.
Many times I hate that here in EU there isnt any graveyards with some parts. But ok It was my choice to own really exotic car here in Europe :)
Shipping prices are very unfriendly and most time price for shipping is more then price for parts :(

Snorkel is modificated from Land Rover Discovery II. I cuted it to make it litlle shorter. But the angle of it is same for BKO as for discovery. In the engine bay I made new waterproof air box. because the snorchel from LR is made for less HP (air flow), I conected it only when we crossed some big rivers.

post #160 of 216 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
I first got the new intake mounted up on the engine stand on the new motor:

Got the new motor turned over to work on the new Oil pump, timing cover, and water Pump:

And Whatís in the Box ? Ö.. A thing of beauty nestled in itís nest

In the middle of the trail Kane Creek Canyon we stumbled upon our first Jeep that was stuck that they had to winch out:

One thing I can say for sure is there is no place in the world like Moab

And then a few more from Smiley Rock. I had a little trouble with the Waterfall but did make it. I did do Smiley again only difference is I did a Shackle Flip and it raised the sagging rear up just enough that this time I went right over the waterfall Ö. I do have video of that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode