Installation of the sound system
Starting with the battery power
The front amp for the primary speakers, itís a 4x200 amp I believe. Plenty powerful for what we need
Shiny new head unit, I spent a solid 2 days trying to rewire the old FoMoCo wiring harness to the new one, it was painful and very perplexing, I asked my sound guru neighbor and he was puzzled himself, but after some trial and error, and a lot of testing to see what wires had power we got it working.
Along with the mic it has Bluetooth, Pandora, sirus xm, etc. I just wanted the Bluetooth and so my dad did the research for the best one.
The rear connection power for the subwoofer amp. This was designed to be removable for our hikes and rear bed to still have a functional truck. These are designed for a forklift
Original box plugged in
Decided to put the CB radio speaker in the back here, because the center console was out so it was a good time to wire it up as well.
First support we made for the center console, as it came off an expedition
Things get messy here. The box that came with our speakers turned out not being anywhere close the necessary dimensions, let along they were open air. This was not good for those speakers so we had to make a new box. Never easy
Brackets for the box
Good progress. My dad did a ton of research and probably asked some of you guys on the forum about how to make a proper box, the work shows.
Wrapping it up with the nice padding that comes on these types of boxes
Getting the amp wired up! Getting close after weeks of work and no sound!
In the truck!!
You can see here how it is completely removable
The subwoofer level knob was put near the driver just in case it had to be toned down near police
And finally the location of the CB radio, you can pull out the toggle mic for it and close the cover just fine, makes for easy use that is hidden away.
Tomorrow, assuming I can get my video to upload, I can show you just how crazy the sound system is. I have yet to go full volume and probably never will because I am concerned about breaking the glass! What an awesome project