F.O.T.M Voting > January 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote here !!!!! - Page 7 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your January 2018 F.O.T.M. ???
cstrike 23 46.00%
Njbronco74 3 6.00%
JCG74 8 16.00%
mtnmotoadv 11 22.00%
96bronco 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

1132Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 08:00 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 86 302/AOD on 8 lugs. 96 302/ZF5.
Garage
I forgot to post this video from the Smiley Rock run. It is a pretty cool video but I had to yank it off of Facebook so the quality is lacking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 09:38 AM

Bronco Info: 1974 bronco sport and 1996 bronco xlt
Garage
some awesome Trail pics!!!
sorry, real life stuffs been keeping me off the web.

Found a couple pics of my current progess/projects.
I did all new carpet and put down underlayment to add some extra padding.

started mounting the amp and sub

swapped all the old leather..

to new black

finally getting around to doing some wiring at the same time.

Just got the overhead console fitted and wired. What a pain getting the right temp sender.

1996 Bronco xlt
1974 bronco sport
post #123 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 10:33 AM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 1996 EB
Garage
Winch

About 6 months after we got the front bumper, the winch was next in line. My dad was originally looking for a 12k warn but instead we came acorss this monster 15k and said why not!

Not only does it look beefy, but they are not light either. Id say 80lbs for the winch alone, and the synthetic line we got didnít weigh much at all.
Had to drop the bumper to get it in (assuming it fits)

Little mods to make the bolt pattern line up

Looking at some of the wiring we had to play with to get the in-cab switch to work which funny enough we just wired up about a month ago

Back up in, tight fit and the control box attached to the wich had to be modified to fit the small enclosure

does it work??

Sure does

Also plugged this bad boy in

We wanted to keep things like the snow, and primiarly the UV rays from the sun off the synthetic line so this is what my dad came up withÖ
[i
Bet you cant guess what it is made out ofÖ

Snow-pants, which work amazing. After having them on for a year, the only thing we have had to do is touch up some of the adhesive to make sure we donít lose it. Pretty sweet!

1996 Eddie Bauer 351W/E40D/Dana 44, TTB R 8.8 (4.56 F&R), 6" Lift, 35x13.50 Toyo MTs, sag PS, 1 ton brakes, off-road bumpers, Warn 15K, Edelbrock intakes, lots 'O lights.
Build thread: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=352625
Supermord site: http://www.supermotors.net/registry/26920
July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 06:18 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Day 25

These photos are from Sedona earlier in January once I knew I was going to run for FOTM. My buddy and I decided to go down, collect some photos and then hit PJís pub for amazing wings and cold beer.

We went straight to Broken Arrow to get photos out on the rocks with great background.

There is a crevice in the ďJeep playgroundĒ area that I was messing around on but fell in because we were too worried about playing around with the camera.

No biggie, just a small dent in the slider. Chicks dig scars.

And a few photos posing in the sun on the way out.

I have a few videos Iíll get up tomorrow.

post #125 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 06:35 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Here is a video from that day in Sedona. As I think many of you would agree, pictures and videos rarely seem to do justice. In this video I climb a rock I had to try a few times because it was tall enough to just hit my from bumper. My buddy seemed to keep his finger out of the frame in the 2 failed attempts but not the successful one. Broken arrow is home to Pink Jeep tours and they will run dozens of tours per day down a rock formation known as the Jeep Slide. It is very steep and also at an elevation that has great views of the surrounding landscape. The tourists often scream going down the slide. Most locals know it is more fun going up the slide. In the video I go up a line just left of the established slide line because it is a little more challenging.

post #126 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
Great job on posting this month guys, I for one am enjoying all the stories, pics, and vids.... with less than a week left let's keep them coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to get your votes in and make it count.... vote for you favorite and enjoy the show !!!!!! vote vote vote .. let's do this !!!!
post #127 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 05:41 PM

Bronco Info: '93 XLT/351W/E4OD/4" Lift/35" Grabber AT2's
My new Y-pipe finally arrived.
Hope to get it installed this weekend.

Should sound gnarly with the Flowmaster 40.

post #128 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 07:07 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 89'BKO 94í351RB/AFR165/Scorpion RR 1.7/EddyPerfAirGapIntake/FiTech600 4R70W BW1356 TTB44 9" 35"MTRís
Made it by the shop today to get some measurements and determine where I want the new seat height to be set. While there I got some photos of the nearly completed cage. The spare is only in the bed so I can start brain storming on what to do with that heavy rear bumper/tire carrier. Don't really want it out there anymore. Only things left to do on cage are front/rear grab handles, LED's wired in for bed area, harness posts welded behind front seats, and paint. Sorry I don't have more to offer, but I keep adding things for them to do and if I keep it up...I may not ever get it back! The end result will be very satisfying though...very satisfying.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image14.jpeg (130.5 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpeg image12 (2).jpeg (121.5 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpeg image13.jpeg (109.7 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0877.jpg (126.2 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0879.jpg (100.2 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0881.jpg (130.3 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpeg image8 (2).jpeg (122.4 KB, 288 views)

Speak softly and drive a big Bronco...You will go far.
post #129 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 07:21 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
that's got to be one of the most robust cage builds I've ever seen. frame and body tied? I'd be worried about it ripping body panels with flex but I guess that explains what looks like a solid, metal block under there huh?
itwasFREE!!!! and cobrajoe like this.
post #130 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 PM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCG74 View Post
Made it by the shop today to get some measurements and determine where I want the new seat height to be set. While there I got some photos of the nearly completed cage. The spare is only in the bed so I can start brain storming on what to do with that heavy rear bumper/tire carrier. Don't really want it out there anymore. Only things left to do on cage are front/rear grab handles, LED's wired in for bed area, harness posts welded behind front seats, and paint. Sorry I don't have more to offer, but I keep adding things for them to do and if I keep it up...I may not ever get it back! The end result will be very satisfying though...very satisfying.
Dude that cage is freakin awesome! Those boys can weld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
that's got to be one of the most robust cage builds I've ever seen. frame and body tied? I'd be worried about it ripping body panels with flex but I guess that explains what looks like a solid, metal block under there huh?
Maybe but but my 96 has weird 'dents' that happened spontaneously from flexing without a cage. Obviously this isn't the place for those pictures but I was twisted up on the rocks in Moab, heard a loud deep bang, got out and had a dent on my B pillar. Happen only from being flexed. The way JCG74's cage is welded to the B pillar would have prevented that I bet.

Last edited by cstrike; 01-26-2018 at 07:26 PM.
post #131 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 10:44 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 89'BKO 94í351RB/AFR165/Scorpion RR 1.7/EddyPerfAirGapIntake/FiTech600 4R70W BW1356 TTB44 9" 35"MTRís
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrike View Post
Dude that cage is freakin awesome! Those boys can weld.

Maybe but but my 96 has weird 'dents' that happened spontaneously from flexing without a cage. Obviously this isn't the place for those pictures but I was twisted up on the rocks in Moab, heard a loud deep bang, got out and had a dent on my B pillar. Happen only from being flexed. The way JCG74's cage is welded to the B pillar would have prevented that I bet.
Thanks man. They do some damn good work.

To answer @BikerPePe also...My goal was to eliminate all flex. I was told by them that with the pontoons, aluminum body mounts, and cage tied in everywhere that it would be achieved.

post #132 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:56 AM
FSM Lifetime

Here's a few shots in the rocks working that TTB with E-Locker. Although I was really nervous about this axle when I first got it, it has held up to everything I have thrown at it. It will be upgraded before long, possibly with a built beyond ridiculous TTB. Decisions...decisions...

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image4 (2).jpeg (183.0 KB, 281 views)
File Type: png image8 (3).png (394.8 KB, 270 views)
File Type: png image9.png (400.4 KB, 256 views)

post #133 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 10:31 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Day 27

Over the New Year’s weekend I was able to try my new trailer and made the 2 hour drive down to Phoenix. Some co-workers in Jeeps plus @itwasFREE!!!! And @Quader1 showed me around the trails at Table Mesa. Table Mesa is an exit just north of Phoenix with an elaborate multi-use trail system. I feel very fortunate to live in a state where so much land is open to the public.

Here is a sequence I really like. Although you can’t tell from the pictures, the top of this climb leaves you very off camber. Like spooky off camber.

post #134 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 11:19 AM
FSM Lifetime

No trip to Calico is complete without a stop at In-N-Out for burgers on the way up.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 058.JPG (176.6 KB, 261 views)

post #135 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 04:23 PM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
This video is a tad embarrasing because I have a squeaky belt and my fan was hitting the shroud when I was twisted up. I immediately fixed both issues after the trip.

Last edited by cstrike; 01-27-2018 at 04:27 PM.
post #136 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:21 PM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Here is what I've been working on this last week. Bending tube must be an art because I am struggling with it. I feel like my projects are too far apart for me to really build my skill set. I end up feeling okay about the results but it it takes me a long time and I definitely waste some tube.

When I gifted the last roll bar to the 96 I knew I wanted to go farther with the next cage. After the dovetail I don't need to worry about a topper so this cage will have an external halo and supports tying into sliders. For this reason the main hoop at the B pillar is taller than the body.

post #137 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 10:41 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Day 28

I’ll finish off the Table Mesa pics tomorrow but wanted to make sure I get to this story. In October of last year, a few of us from the AZ Bronco club had the pleasure of hosting @sackman9975 and his wife on a honeymoon wheeling trip on the Broken Arrow trail.

Sackman9975 (Scott) had posted in the Southwest wheeling forum here on FSB about his wedding in Sedona and was asking if any of us Arizona guys wanted to come out and play. They are from Michigan and were looking forward getting out on one of the most scenic trails in AZ. He had the option of renting a Jeep but preferred to be in a Bronco. So myself, @itwasFREE!!!! , @Quader1 and @White Dragon all arranged for a meet and the plan was to let Scott drive my 86 with his wife while I rode shotgun in another Bronco. My truck has some quirks and I wish I fixed a few small nagging issues before hand but even still, it is built enough that nothing in Sedona should be a problem and Scott can focus on the experience.

Parking lot meet up, I think we were squatted down discussing the steering.

My truck next to White Dragon. His Bronco is insanely clean. He even has a white frame to watch for leaks! I’ve never seen a white frame before. Makes me want one really nice Bronco instead of two trail rigs.

Scott’s bride Angie enjoying the scenery. I believe she had a ton of fun this day but like a lot of people new to rocks, she had some healthy anxiety. Turns out she was right to be leery!

Going up the Jeep slide, a climb I posted about in an earlier entry. This time though it was Scott and I. Angie decided to sit this part out and focus on picture taking.

On the way out of the trail things got a little interesting. Scott just happened to drop a tire in the wrong spot and things got a little ‘tipsy’. It can happen quick. Everything turned out fine but what a way to put an exclamation point on the trip. We’re lucky this didn’t happen on the way in because it might have changed the mood.

Good thing Quader1 was following with his GoPro or we wouldn’t have had any photo or video. If you haven’t watched any of my posted youtube videos, this would be the one to check out.

Last edited by Quader1; 01-28-2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Fix tag
post #138 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 07:32 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo,
Looking at these pics again got me... really excited (don't ask how excited).

I voted, but wish I had more votes.

Good luck everyone!

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
post #139 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 09:26 PM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Wow! Great month. Spent a bunch of time today catching up.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

ďDon't find fault, find a remedy.Ē -Henry Ford
post #140 of 161 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 06:38 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
Yo,
Looking at these pics again got me... really excited (don't ask how excited).

I voted, but wish I had more votes.

Good luck everyone!
I'm with ya! Every time I run or even read through FOTM I can't wait to get to the garage. There is always more I learn from my fellow FSB'ers and so many rigs on here that inspire me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode