March 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote here !!!!! - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your March 2018 F.O.T.M. ???
JGR 21 46.67%
deathmobile2 24 53.33%
X2elite 0 0%
southern82bronco 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

273Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
March 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote here !!!!!

OK FSB'ers, here are your contestants for...

March 2018 FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH!

Even though it's only Four !!!!

1) @JGR

2) @deathmobile2

3) @X2elite
(We need your pic)

4) @southern82bronco

Show us what you've got and make us proud!!!

Let the games... begin!!!

Last edited by Quader1; 03-01-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:16 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Hey what's going here? Where do I get a ticket for the show? Am I in the right place? Somebody said something about Broncos gathering for a Duel, Can I watch? Can I Can I? Somebody tell me to shut up

Whats up Bronco Maniacs? March FOTM 2018 Show us what you got.

Lets hear your story, Post them Pictures and Videos. Lets get this rodeo started.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to our Addiction, where counseling consist of admitting the problem is you and your Bronco is the Cure!
Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 01:23 PM

Bronco Info: '93 Ford Bronco 5.8 EFI
Garage
@itwasFREE!!!! shut up. (You literally asked for it)

Lets see some story's!

'93 Bronco XLT, black,
5.8L EFI, Push Button 4x4 w/ manual hubs, stock on 31x10.5r15 AT's, 3.55 limited slip rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 04:39 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Bronco Info: 1986 SAS'd, 37s, otherwise stock
Just a quick blip...as I am at work..

I've owned this bronco around seven years. I sold my "family" car; 2002 Audi A6 Avanti Quatro, to return to the BRONCO life. In high school I was given a 1975 Chevy Bonanza, 2wd straight 6 and rusted through. (wish I had pictures) I had to fill up the tires everyday before school, and my uncle blessed me with my first bronco...1987 XLT, had the 5.0 and 5spd. My friends and I took the top off that night, and went on a trip to a river the next day. She was running great until the way back...got into Chino Valley AZ and the clutch blew apart. After that got fixed the starter fell out as I was driving! HAHA. Then a couple years later I bought a 1967 Classic bronco. Frame resto, body was in decent shape with a fresh coat of primer. I could never really get it running properly, and then I found out my girlfriend at the time(now my wife) was prego. so I sold it and bought a "family" friendly vehicle...

2011, sold the family vehicle and returned to Ford...her name, Magnus!

1987 Bronco

1967 Bronco

Magnus

Sorry for the late/short post. I'll get more up tonight
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Crickets... nothing but crickets is all I'm hearing
itwasFREE!!!! and cobrajoe like this.

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:52 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

So, my journey with my bronco has been a blast...We've had our ups and downs. Most of the time she's been "up". I purchased good 'ol Magnus(Maggy) in 2010 or 2011, I got a great deal on her. The previous owner had been asking $3,500 or so, and I came in WAY LOW! I explained that the back window was going to be hard to find(seeing that it had been broken out), the front wheel bearing needed to be replaced, it wasn't SMOGd(which in CA is necessary). After the test drive, I knew I wanted her...out the door I paid $1,550. WHAT A DEAL.

First picture

Here she is sitting in my driveway after I found a puddle...

Here are the stats:
1986 XLT, 96 front clip, door panels, topper, and tail lights. 5.0 EFI with MSD ignition system, K&N intake, Hedman Shorty headers, AOD tranny. When I bought her she had a 4" Procomp stage II lift, and 33" Procomp Xterrains on the stock 8.8 limited slip, and 44TTB up front.

first time we took the top off

The weekend starts tonight hope you enjoy!!!
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Sayulita Layta!

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Blazer. Lifted, locked, and loaded. Where's the Zombies?
Good luck all! Let the whoring begin! I'm saving my vote till the end. Ya'll better shake hard for it!

BigBlue 94, itwasFREE!!!! and JGR like this.

California Bay Area off road UC4x4.com
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 02:11 AM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Where is everyone?
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 12:47 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Good morning my fellow enthusiasts!!!
Today I'm heading to a hockey game, so I figured I would try a morning post...

These are just a few pics of me messing around across the street from where we lived. We didn't stay too long in California, and the time we had there was great. After we bought Maggy we joined an off road club...The Hanford Trailbusters. They were great! The president at the time, Clayton helped with many of the projects to get her offroad worthy. Shoot, it was him who found my current axles for the SAS! He passed away almost two years ago, and he was a great man. We did a trail run, Moonlight Madness, I'll post those pics in a day or so. He'll get the recognition he deserves then. But until then enjoy some old pics...

Look at that flex...

That's all for now folks...Later tonight i'll give you a shot of her in her current state...
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 12:18 AM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

so, here's to no one else posting!

Alaska

I spent 4 months working in Denali right after high school back in 2007...this was taken when I finally made it back in 2014!!!

Back to bronco
Sitting in the parking lot on the 23rd of November 2016...

That is it for the night, I'm not sure where everyone else is? If they don't show I'll do what I can to give you guys a good show!!!
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 01:52 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Since we had joined the Trailbusters all we had done was attend meetings and little fixes here and there. Getting the back window in, rebuilding both hubs and changing fluids. The time had come for an off-road excursion, the reason we buy these beautiful machines. We went to Moonlight Madness. I think it was back in 2012? These are the pics...
Getting lined up

you can see her hiding behind the pines

kids getting excited before we launched

this was the first obstacle

"flexing"

heading up towards the next challenge

this is a POV shot by my wife, we followed that Chevy all day. Side note...That thing was a sleeper...Deavers and 37's, OX lockers and triple sticked. It was sweet.

slinking my way

in this pic my spotter is Clayton. We wouldn't be where we are without him.

So, I might have gotten hung up on my rear bumper and tow package. I couldn't go forward, and I couldn't go back...

this is why they put me behind the chevy

quick tug and we were back on our way up

That's all for now. I'll finish that trip later...
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 08:16 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Thanks for being a Trooper @JGR . Keep posting them picks, don’t know where everyone is at but I do find it interesting that someone can get a vote without posting a single pic! either way look forward to seeing more @JGR .
sackman9975, JGR and bsd4083 like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to our Addiction, where counseling consist of admitting the problem is you and your Bronco is the Cure!
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 10:51 AM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Good morning!!!

Continue...

saw this gem out there

This was Clayton's jeep

This is where you finish...

After the trip, we were in the Xmas parade

That's it for now. We have a long month ahead of us, and by golly...we have a SAS to cover, a move, plenty of "posers" and currents state! It should be a fun month.
post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 11:26 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Is there a story about the Yellow flag on your back window or did I miss that one?

post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 03:20 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasFREE!!!! View Post
Is there a story about the Yellow flag on your back window or did I miss that one?
They were bandanas. If I remember correctly, when you registered you would get it with your dash plaques. It was to show support for "pack it in, pack it out". Or something like that?
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.
post #16 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 11:57 AM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 with 127k miles, WARN Premium Hubs
Garage
post #17 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 12:03 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Good Morning!!!

Just another quick post today. We lived in Cali for only two years. However my sister, well shoot, now all three of my sisters live there. But my oldest sister lived/lives in San Francisco which was great seeing that we were only a couple hours away.

Random Xmas shot

Playing around in a mud hole across the street.

That turned out to be kind of a problem. I didn't know very many people with a big rig at the time, so I called someone I worked with. He then called a friend of his...his friend had a 2001 F-350 with the 7.3. It took over two hours to get me out What sucks is I didn't get any pics of the extraction..."so it never really happened."

These are some randoms next to the horses

Tomorrow i'll cover a little of the move to the great PNW. But before we left I bought this

Have a good day
post #18 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1978 XLT Ranger; 400, AT, 37" MTR's,4.88's & Lockers,5" Deavers, No Rust & No Knicknacks!
Garage
My Bronco journey started in the Summer of 2011 while sitting outside drinking a cup of coffee at Peet's Coffee in downtown Santa Rosa, California while visiting family. While enjoying a nice cup of brew, up pulled a sweet K5 Blazer with about a 4" lift,topless with full cage, 35's - just the sort of classic American iron that makes a guy like me smile.....

Now, at the time I still owned my very first vehicle, a 1978 Ford F-150 4x4 Ranger Long Bed with 351M & NP435. It was a NY truck, so my dad and I had the body redone by one of his associates in 1996 - my dad had his own auto repair shop on Long Island just past Riverhead - new bed, fenders, doors, hood, lots of repair panels, etc. Painted a sweet metallic Ford blue. After graduating from the Military Academy, I spent the Summer of 1997 before reporting to OBC at Fort Sill rebuilding the engine with a complete Edelbrock power package.

While at Fort Sill, my F-150 got a 4" lift and some 35" BFG AT's - just the sort of classic American iron that makes a guy like me smile.....

My future wife and I would take it on dirt roads that stretched for miles just exploring and seeing what kind of trouble I could get myself into. Nothing really challenging, but the truck got us back and forth without issues and always got the nod of approval from the locals - not bad for a NY kid in the middle of cow country.

I took the F-150 up to Fort Riley for a year and when I decided to leave the service, she pulled a trailer full of tools and a bed full of stuff from Fort Riley to Dallas to Washington, DC without issues - made out like a bandit on the partial DITY move despite getting 8mpg.

Once in the Washington, DC area, it quickly became apparent that a jacked up country boy truck was not all that practical considering that I needed to be able to park in a garage and not sweat my balls off while wearing a suit to the office each day. So, I took the wife's Nissan Maxima and bought her a convertible VW bug. The truck was then relegated to what would be come less and less duty as the years went by.

What just the sort of classic American iron that makes a guy like me smile, became a rusting, sad silhouette of its former self that needed a complete refresh and lacked the seating that my growing family would need.

Then Peet's Coffee happened........

Upon returning home I couldn't stop thinking about the Blazer and just having this deep desire to have my own piece of classic American iron. Of course, I am a Ford guy, so no Blazer would ever be in my future, but the 1978 Bronco, the more sporty, capable version of my F-150 would fit the bill perfectly. So, off to eBay I went and the very first search I came up with this:

Perfectly rust free and 99% complete - not someone else's disaster, but rather a clean slate on which to build the perfect family wheeler.

However I must say, my plan quickly evolved as there were now 10x many sources for restoration & upgrade parts as there were in the mid 1990's, the internet made them all readily accessible and sites like FSB & Pirate 4x4 provided untold volumes of knowledge.

What was going to be a basic build up similar to my F-150 soon turned into a full on condition known as "Broncomania" that has resulted in this:

I wound up selling the F-150 as it was once again no longer practical and I simply did not have that much space for three old trucks and two new cars - I cried like a baby when it went down the road - a lot of memories behind the wheel of that truck and while working on it.

So, my mission over the next 25 days is to fill in the pieces in the middle and give you some insight into why I built it the way I did and to share what is coming down the road.

post #19 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 10:35 PM

Bronco Info: '93 Ford Bronco 5.8 EFI
Garage
Good to see someone else besides @JGR posting!

'93 Bronco XLT, black,
5.8L EFI, Push Button 4x4 w/ manual hubs, stock on 31x10.5r15 AT's, 3.55 limited slip rear
post #20 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 03:02 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Good day all!!! Today I will show some before and after pics.

After I went on the trail ride with my group I found some limits to what I could do. I loved the way Magnus rode, and how she looked...but wanted more. Plus with FSB "whispering" in my ear..."SAS the bronco"...I followed suit. I bought the axles out of a 1978 F350 for $400. Not a bad find, but it took a while before I could actually get my hands on them. First we had to move the truck...

His trailer was a little small! HAHA but it worked. After we got it to his buddy's house it sat for a couple months. Finally the day came to get it, it was a Friday after work...I cruised over with the bronco and "extraction" tools...my grinder! We jacked it up and out came these...

You may notice the axles look like they have been sitting in the dirt for many moons...they were. Plus that front axle looks a little small...Turns out the badged "F350" was actually a F20 that had a 460 dropped in from a 350. So I bought a 44HD front and 60FF rear. I spent some time in the garage doing a little cleaning...

Clayton had a sand blaster, so I blasted what I could and wire wheeled the rest. Kept what I could and bought all new bearings, brakes, gears, u joints etc... Turned out to be pretty expensive. Clayton and I did the ring and pinion in his garage (no pics) but the gears are 5.13s and the front has a Sparten lunch box locker. I didn't have enough money to get two lockers, so I filled the front. I knew that Maggy was going to be primarily a daily driver, so the front wasn't going to be engaged most of the time, therefore I figured the front would be more practical. That's right "practical" is the direction I wanted to go with this "build".
After we rebuilt the axles and made them all pretty, I got sent to a new location...PNW! So we packed all the axles, tires, tools, spare parts, upgraded parts and threw them in the moving truck. We were leaving Cali, and I couldn't be happier to move to Washington.

The first day we got to Washington I took this beauty...

That's my son in red, and the first time he and Maggy had ever seen the ocean.

We bought some new tires for the drive...I LOVED those Duratracs! They are a solid all-terrain and yet more aggressive than the BFGs. I had them for a couple years, but I might have put 2,000 miles on them? After we got to Washington, Maggy sat more often then not...

We bought this to use as a daily...

Well I hope today was entertaining...till tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode