May 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote here !!!!! - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your May 2018 F.O.T.M. ???
stan the man 6 9.09%
Warhoss 14 21.21%
RicksBroncoBeast 23 34.85%
jermil01 20 30.30%
TravisITGuy 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

946Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 07:06 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer
Garage
Love of inventing things has been in my blood since birth I think. I have been called a frustrated engineer by many people over my lifespan. So, when I do things to the my Bronco it is usually a little or a lot different than others... Like the stinger on the front of my rig. most people go round stock and a lot of curves, but I really liked the straight spear style I actually built on my 85 Bricknose back in 1993. Here is a side by side comparison of the old stinger and the new... The hardest part for me was getting the center point perfectly centered and squared. I am horrible at math, so it is all by eye and I am not so proud to say the Lord's hand was most likely guiding mine...

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco Beast: Powered by a 4BT Cummins Diesel, 37" BFG BAJA TA's, Atlas 4 Transfer Case, HUMVEE 24 Bolt Wheels with Trail Fab Beadlocks, RCV Front TTB Axles, 5.5" SuperFlex Suspension, Lockers Front and Rear, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers, Monstaliner Bedliner Paint Job...
Vote RicksBroncoBeast May 2018 F.O.T.M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
Another trip down memory lane. October 2003..Rocking the TTB, wimpy 302 and BFG AT small tires..Bronco was still my DD at this point, but those days were rapidly drawing to a close..A decent sized group of us made the trip down to a place called Holopaw in central Florida for Mudtoberfest..My first experience with crazy mud and when I learned how important hub and bearing maintenance was when driving through this kind of s**t..

Stuck..

A familiar sight back in those days, I'd get stuck in every tiny mud hole...

by the end of this trip I'd knocked my steering out of alignment and killed my powersteering pump (sag conversion to follow), but had a fawking blast..was fun making the 3 hour drive home with the steering wheel cocked to one side..

post #23 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Sayulita Layta!

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Blazer. Lifted, locked, and loaded. Where's the Zombies?
While we're on memory lane for another few days, I dug up this old video wheeling for the first time stock. I remember thinking this was pretty rad.

A couple of months later my friends and I hit the Dunes in Pismo with the Bronco Speed guys.

California Bay Area off road UC4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
In early ‘04 I purchased a lightly used ‘03 Crown Vic(still driving it)..now that I had a new daily driver, I was ready to start getting more serious about making mods to the Bronco. Realized pretty quickly if I was going to be using the Bronco off-road than I needed to do something about the interior. The carpet was in rough shape so I decided to pull and herculine it myself. I’ve still got the original herculiner that I put down over 14 years ago, so there is something to said for that. Hindsight being 20/20 I probably should have ponied up the money to have it spray lined. For one it would have been much thicker and certainly would have come out a lot nicer. Either way it worked and I didn’t have to worry about soaked carpet any more..

Most important part about this job is the prep..make sure you have a nice clean surface to work with..probably killed about a billion brain cells working with all those chemicals..

Worst part of the entire job was removing the jute from the flooring..you’ll realize pretty quickly why Ford put this stuff where they did..Heat protection from the exhaust..

Was hoping to find the build sheet, but no joy..however, there was absolutely no rust any where on the interior, so that was a good sign.

Fumes lasted months before it fully cured, had to leave the windows cracked so I wouldn’t gag every time I opened the door..

This has been well documented, but I’ll give you my two cents on the pros and cons of the herculiner..Pros, inexpensive, easy to clean up no more worries about soaked or dirty carpets. Cons, a lot more radiant heat from the exhaust (something you can mitigate with heat wrap and insulation ). It's a lot more noisy. You’ve effectively gotten rid of all of the insulation so all of the road noise make its way into the cab, but it’s something you learn to live with.

post #25 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 12:58 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco
Center Console Swap

I saw where different Bronco owners online was putting newer center consoles in and where a 1997-98 truck was deeper and still narrow enough to open even with the arm rest down.

I made sure and positioned it so the back seat would still fold up without hitting the console too

post #26 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:48 PM

Garage
Hood Louvers

When my rig was still a gasser, she was running a little warmer than I wanted out in the blazing heat of AZ. So I researched and found Run Cool Louvers was the way to go. Cutting a hole in a perfectly good hood was a little daunting at first, but then after the cut started it was fun. I also drilled some holes to help aid in the cooling through the support beams. Very functional, and they just look awesome...

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco Beast: Powered by a 4BT Cummins Diesel, 37" BFG BAJA TA's, Atlas 4 Transfer Case, HUMVEE 24 Bolt Wheels with Trail Fab Beadlocks, RCV Front TTB Axles, 5.5" SuperFlex Suspension, Lockers Front and Rear, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers, Monstaliner Bedliner Paint Job...
post #27 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Thought I'd take you on an underneath tour of my rig..gives a decent view of my suspension, transfer case, exhaust and onboard air tank among other things..
Enjoy..

eJb9NvtHYFg

post #28 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 12:21 PM

Undercarriage

Next up was to clean up the underside of the Bronco. Although there was no body rust, it needed to be de-crudded and painted and undercoated on some parts that wasn't gonna be replaced eventually.

After some scraping & sanding, I got a pile of rattle cans of paint and undercoating and got after it

post #29 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Garage
Front Bumper Fab...

Last time this stock bumper will be on the Beast…

The base of the bumper is made, the frame has been reinforced and the winch mount is attached. One of the things I did was run a bolt through the frame and inserted square stock in the frame to allow a very tight attachment. I wanted the bumper able to be removed, but not fall off…lol

See how the winch will rest in the saddle.

Put the rollers on the winch mount. I also wanted to see what a protester blocking the road view would be right before going under the tires…lol The bumper still has the fangs hanging down, those would be cut off right after the picture was taken…

Finished getting the top part figured out and reinforced. Also moved the rollers up and made a perch for the winch, it needed to be raised just a bit.

Painted and now I can see how ugly those welds are on the winch mount…lol Those were ground off and repainted afterwards.

After a few trips through the brush…

post #30 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Got these frame rails/rock slider, whatever you want to call them in September of ‘03. They were custom made by a member of the site at the time who also built my rear bumper..Hands down they were one of my top investments. Made for a solid point to jack on in case I got stuck..protected the underside from rocks (something I wouldn’t need for almost 13 years) and gave me a place to step on when climbing in..plus they look pretty cool.

Drilling 16 holes in the frame was a blast..thanks to @GearHead for his assistance!!

These bitches work..

Over the years I’ve probably painted them 3 or 4 times. Taking the damn things off is a chore..Last time I stripped them and did 4 coats of rustoleum hammered gray spray. That seems to work best..If you don't have a set of these and you do any kind of wheeling, I highly recommend you get a pair..

post #31 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 09:24 AM

When my Ship(ment) comes in!

I started ordering my goodies to go along with the lift of the truck and it began showing up!

I came home to find this early Christmas Present under my Carport!

I had to go meet the truck down the road to get my wheels, because they didn't have enough room to turn around at my house. These at 37" Mickey Thompson tires on 17" Walker Evan rims. These rims had just came out when I was shopping, so I knew they'd look great on it!

This was gonna be one hell of a upgrade! Ha!

[/

post #32 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
One of the local Hooters set up a full blown off-road course..huge logs, giant dirt hills and a bunch of obstacles..First time I’d driven my rig in anything other than mud and it was a freaking blast..Met up with Joe from Clay County 4x4(actually bought my solid axle from him that day)..he was rocking this cool old school F150 on 40’s with air bag suspension..I was still rolling in the TTB…Wasn’t quite as smooth with the skinny pedal as I am today and lacking the experience or a really capable rig found myself getting hung up a bunch..

Joe’s rig…

catching just a little bit of air..

Remembering this being scary as hell because the logs would start to shift while you drove over them..

And I’m hung up..pulled out the hi-lift and made quick work of this..Still remember the looks I was getting from the other guys waiting to take their rigs through the course. Something to effect of, "that Bronco has no business here.."

This was much more my speed…

Great day and as usual I drove home with a jacked up alignment....thank you TTB. After seeing all the capable rigs that day, I decided I wanted to build mine up..That sound you hear is the Bronco vacuum sucking the $$ straight out of my bank account..

post #33 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 01:18 PM
aka: kemicalburns

Bronco Info: 94 357/E4OD - ProC 6" stageII, 37"STT Pro, f/R 4.88's, Front Aussie, HS9500, sliders
Garage
So as i had been building my 88 a disastrous trip back from the local ski resort resulted in me rolling the bronco. Thankfully nobody was injured, the Bronco on the other hand was done.

you can see the partial development of a rear cargo rack that a fellow FSBr was building for me. This member was eventually banned due to not producing products he took money on. Mine included. had this rack not been in place the damage would probably have been less extensive.

in these pictures you can see i had 35" BFG KM tires, some of the best MT tires i have ever run.

This roll then got me going on parting out what was sellable.

the motor was locked up from when i attempted to start the bronco after the roll over. i sold this motor for a decent amount and was later told it had a bent Rod.

Lift and tires were kept for my 94 bronco that i am currently running with today. And so this story starts anew

94 5.8/E4OD Edelbrock efi intake, jba headers, transgo shift kit. 6" PC stage II, 4.88 gears, front Aussie. Warn HS9500, custom bumper and sliders. RedHead steering and TieRod flip.
post #34 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 &1993 5.8 both sold, all the way back with a 94
Man, and I thought last month was a hard vote. I guess no participation trophies here, gl fellas.

When it the last day to vote, may 31? Never mind I see it is june 1.

Warhoss likes this.

Last edited by BurlyQ; 05-09-2018 at 02:32 PM.
post #35 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurlyQ View Post
Man, and I thought last month was a hard vote. I guess no participation trophies here, gl fellas.

When it the last day to vote, may 31? Never mind I see it is june 1.

participation trophies are for p**sies...
BikerPepe`, Weber, BurlyQ and 5 others like this.

post #36 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
Need to pick up the pace a little fella's.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #37 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent one View Post
Need to pick up the pace a little fella's.
which fellas are you referring to??
BigBlue 94 and Warhoss like this.

post #38 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Soft top and solid axle..

Every Bronco needs a soft top..Nothing like cruising around with the side rolled up. This was my first, put it on in ‘04, the hard top hasn’t been on since..Actually I don’t even have the hard top any more…

Company that made this one was called STC, don’t think they’re in business..the top lasted a good while, but required drilling into the body to attach the rails and was a PITA to access the cargo area…

Only time I think I ever put the top down the whole way..

Not sure how, but I got 7 or 8 years of use out of that top.

When it was time for a new one, softopper was the only game in town..They are not cheap. On my 2nd one, first lasted 3 years..beat the hell out of it going through the forest..learned my lesson and keep the sides rolled up now when I’m on the trails…The good thing is I can just buy the top from softopper and don’t need the hardware each time, so I save a bit of $$..

Going on 3 years with the current top..

Pics of the current soft top kind of throw the timeline out of whack, but I wanted to show how different the two looked.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming..

After beating on my TTB all those years I jumped on the solid axle bandwagon..the cool kids were doing it and I wanted in..In hindsight I could have improved my TTB setup and done 90% of the things I was using it for, but I had to have that solid axle..I bet if you go back through the site and look at the posts from ‘04 - ‘06 the number of swaps that happened in that time frame is probably off the chain..

Anyway, my solid axle journey: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...-sas-saga.html is detailed in another thread along with my ongoing tweaking, http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...ng-my-sas.html. If you want to see all of the pictures you can look at my supermotors here(some of the stuff is out of order): 1992 Ford Bronco Solid Axle Swap Dana 44 pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

What I thought would take a couple of weeks took over a year..Yeah, an entire year..Started in April of ‘05 didn’t finish until May of ‘06..Might hold the record for the longest SAS..Lots happened in the interim. A couple of hurricanes, my wife got pregnant with our oldest daughter, moved into a new house, rebuilt an engine for the first time, and after countless trips back and forth from Jax to central FL, I made some lifelong friends. On top of all that I learned a lot about my Bronco...For the purposes of this post I’ll give you all the abridged version..

First thing folks ask is how much it cost..here’s my detailed breakdown. Took everything into account down to brake pads and misc hardware.Even factored in labor..You could do it for less or you could spend a s**t ton more, but this is what is cost me..

Solid axle ready and loaded with 4.56 gears and a Detroit trutrac

TTB removed...there was no going back at this point..

Sitting in a twisted heap..

Final farewells..

Lining up the solid axle

Everything back together..Didn’t realize it at the time but my connecting arm was too long and the geometry was a little off with the trac bar and drag link..Made my steering pretty wonky..

Also kept the TTB lower style mount and I was running a set of old 6 inch TTB coils that stiff as hell.this is one case where stiff is bad…

Heavy ass extended and plated R/As..

Everything back together ready to test it out..

Break out the fork lift..

At the time I didn’t realize how pitifully little flex I was getting and I honestly didn’t care because I finally had a solid axle…

Driving it home in the dark in the rain with a piss poor alignment and badly worn tires was a religious experience, but I didn’t give a s**t, I had a solid axle..

That was how it flexed then...now 12 years later..

post #39 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 01:05 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermil01 View Post
which fellas are you referring to??
All of them. Are there any ladies? If so, it goes for them to.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #40 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 02:11 PM
aka: kemicalburns

Bronco Info: 94 357/E4OD - ProC 6" stageII, 37"STT Pro, f/R 4.88's, Front Aussie, HS9500, sliders
Garage
well not long after getting the 94 Bronco I had a friend with a shop that was needing some business install my ProComp lift and install my 4.88 gears front rear. Once this was accomplished it was time to get some protection on this thing.
These were built by a vendor here on the site back in 06/07 i believe, I had some expanded metal added in the step area that wasnt typical but the builder was cool about adding this feature.

Here is the front bumper I had built by a DC4W club member, all DOM tubing and welded to the frame. I had already setup some C channel between the frame rails for my hidden winch setup that didnt really go well. I was very happy with the end result.

I picked up this Warn HS9500 winch on trade, previous owner claimed the brake was bad and may have a few other minor issues. I Contacted WARN in Clackamas, OR to have it gone thru.. I will say they totally took care of me, rebuilt most everything on the winch and also gave me a new controller. the pic is before the rebuild, I will have to get an updated pic.

I had recently joined a local offroad club Deschutes county 4 wheelers, they have been around for 40+yrs. They are mainly jeep guys with the occasional toyota, Gen1 Bronco and now a fullsize bronco guy ME! Seems i was a bit of a joke at first but after a few runs that attitude changed.

Glass Butte wheeling Trip, the area is scattered about with obsidian everywhere. made for a great trip. you will see the bronco Pre body armor.

Here is my son all geared up, he is 4yrs old at this time.

Here are pics of our Annual Memorial weekend Christmas Valley run. I ended up ingesting sand/silt into the motor some how towards the end of this trip. Had a blast up too that point.

94 5.8/E4OD Edelbrock efi intake, jba headers, transgo shift kit. 6" PC stage II, 4.88 gears, front Aussie. Warn HS9500, custom bumper and sliders. RedHead steering and TieRod flip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode