May 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote here !!!!! - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your May 2018 F.O.T.M. ???
stan the man 6 9.09%
Warhoss 14 21.21%
RicksBroncoBeast 23 34.85%
jermil01 20 30.30%
TravisITGuy 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

946Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 11:33 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer
Garage
Going down the washing machine

Dug up a few older video of the Beast (pre-4BT) crawling down rocks and rolling through beautiful sunny Arizona...

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco Beast: Powered by a 4BT Cummins Diesel, 37" BFG BAJA TA's, Atlas 4 Transfer Case, HUMVEE 24 Bolt Wheels with Trail Fab Beadlocks, RCV Front TTB Axles, 5.5" SuperFlex Suspension, Lockers Front and Rear, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers, Monstaliner Bedliner Paint Job...
Vote RicksBroncoBeast May 2018 F.O.T.M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 11:39 PM

Garage

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco Beast: Powered by a 4BT Cummins Diesel, 37" BFG BAJA TA's, Atlas 4 Transfer Case, HUMVEE 24 Bolt Wheels with Trail Fab Beadlocks, RCV Front TTB Axles, 5.5" SuperFlex Suspension, Lockers Front and Rear, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers, Monstaliner Bedliner Paint Job...
post #63 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 08:28 AM

Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco
Time to spare

With all that new paint and bed liner textured bumpers going on this truck, it was time to give attention to the tire carrier.

I did a little modifying on the piece that hold the tire on the swing arm. Since the tire was a little wider I saw where others bolted square tubing to space it out a little further.

I was worried about mounting that 37" tire on the stock carrier and the new rear bumper didn't have the option to mount a tire carrier on it from the way it was designed, but I found a guy online that used the factory carrier and he took small angle iron pieces and welded them inside the tail light area where the internal supports for the tire carrier were to brace it up and strengthen the body mounts and its been holding perfectly ever since.

looking down

looking up

I decided to go back to Line-X and have them spray it to match the bumpers and floorboards inside.

I thought it came out great! Of course I had to remove before hand the latch mechanism to prime and paint separately. I got the new pin and bushing also that mounts on the tail gate that holds the latch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 12:14 PM
aka: kemicalburns

Bronco Info: 94 357/E4OD - ProC 6" stageII, 37"STT Pro, f/R 4.88's, Front Aussie, HS9500, sliders
Garage
Here is another club run with DC4W in Central Oregon. They do an annual Hang Over run Jan 1 that is a blast. This particular trip i Led the group.

Here is a cool Bricknose that a friend and club member built. Front/rear D60's, leaf sprung, internal roll cage and front/rear winch. 5.0/C6 that he plans to swap in a 5.8 at some point.

Here is some damage I got during a snow covered hill climb, hit a large tree Root and it kicked me over into a tree. as you can see the bronco was with out the current front bumper at this time.

94 5.8/E4OD Edelbrock efi intake, jba headers, transgo shift kit. 6" PC stage II, 4.88 gears, front Aussie. Warn HS9500, custom bumper and sliders. RedHead steering and TieRod flip.
post #65 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 02:57 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Bronco Info: 1986 SAS'd, 37s, otherwise stock
What a couple weeks this has been!!! I will refrain from voting till the end...but I am truly pumped to see where this month takes us!!!

post #66 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
Hard Rock Trail Ride 3/17

Probably one of my favorite wheeling trips in a while..great weather, perfect trail conditions and the park wasnít crowded at all..almost like we had the whole place to ourselves..

One of the first things I had to do was sink it in this bottomless mixture of limestone cement and clay.knew better before going in but I had to try any way..

And Iím getting pulled out by a jeep..fortunately, my buddy Paul is cool and he didnít give me too much s**t about it..

Good perspective of how steep some of these hills are..

Found a pile of dirt and some rocks to mess around on..didnít last long before I got myself hung up..

Not going anywhere..

2nd time in one day I had to get pulled out..by a jeep..

Hit some more of the hills..

Tried another one that had a tricky lip at the top I got stuck here, but finally managed to get up..the drivers side pretty much just dropped off pretty steep..high pucker factor..,

This is another good steep one..there is a video on youtube somewhere of a guy flipping a jeep on this hill..

More trail riding..

Bounds Hill..This is the one hill I still havenít been able to conquer..

Lining up..

Ĺ way

Almost there..

So close, but I canít get over the top edge of the hill..front tires arenít getting enough bite..

Guess what happened next??

Thatís right, 3rd time getting winched out by the jeepÖ

Found a couple of other good spots..

A little air..

Video of the last hill climb..

_hQNjVKI4nM

post #67 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 11:00 AM

my OOPS moment

I was working slowly and putting a lot of thought of everything I wanted to modify during the build on this Bronco and this was the one thing I dreaded after having it done. The stripe I'd seen on mustangs I thought would be a sporty looking. So I brought it to a detail shop and showed them exactly what I wanted and that it needed to be wider than a mustangs otherwise it would be nothing more a pin stripe on the wide side of a Bronco body.

Even the guy who put it on said it didn't follow the body lines correctly because to match up with the lines behind the fender well, it would have to be angled slightly, so luckily that was a vinyl die cut and before it set well and dried, I removed them

Now I did like how the tail gate trim panel came out. It had become hazed over and like I read online there was nothing you could do to clean it back to a new look, so I went with a metal finish vinyl and got it darker so it would stand out better against the bright white body paint

Brushed Steel was the one I picked

Before

After

post #68 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 02:11 PM

Garage
142:1 crawl ratio - My Lord, how cool is the Atlas 4 T-caseÖ

I have been 4 wheeling most of my life and with that knowledge my list of what is really important is: the first is lockers and then there is the gearing. The obvious first gearing decision is in the front and rear diff’s which I installed the 4.56:1 gear ratio. With the 37” tires that eats up a lot of that ratio right from the beginning. So the next thing I could do which is in the transmission, so I installed a ZF5 wide ratio manual transmission which has the 5.72:1 first gear ratio and that was big… I now had a wide range of gears to wheel around the desert and crawl over those silly rocks that just happen to be in my way. I wheeled with this setup for a while and I was pretty happy with it… Untillll… I had a “friend” who owned a Chevy…lol. I received a call late one night (just at dusk) a few years back and he was stuck out at Chiva Falls with his diesel 83 Chevy Blazer and his transfer case broke and he needed a tow. I took the 4BT Bronco Beast out there and strapped it up and began to tow him out of some of the raunchiest trails you would want to tow an anchor through. Luckily for him he could run the engine so he had PS and PB. The tow consisted of rocks, dips and long hill climbs with loose gravel and steps that lasted for about 8 miles and then I towed him the rest of the way home. The total tow was about 42 miles and the 4BT Bronco Beast never felt the load. Erik (the friend with the Chevy) made a statement that was golden, he said something like; Rick, it didn’t matter how hard I stepped on the brakes; I couldn’t slow you down, not even a little. I had to laugh (still laughing). By the time we got out to redington road his brakes were so hot they had zero ability to stop his truck, lol. We had to wait a half hour just to let his brakes cool down so I could tow him the rest of the way to his house. This story is to lead to my next gearing change. After that tow I didn’t go out much because I was heading to the Philippines for a while and I had to store my rig. But when I finally got it out and went to do a trail run with a new group of friends I have just made, not even half way through the trail my t-case started binding up. I know that that tow was the culprit and broke something internal that was binding. So now I had to decide to get another stock t-case or upgrade to a better one. I decided on the Atlas 4 transfer case with the 5.44:1 low range ratio (stock t-case ratio is 2.69:1). Doing the math with the gearing from the trans to the rear is now an astounding 142:1 crawl ratio… WOW.

Here is the install for the Atlas 4 and a video of the first test to see the crawling ability.

Here she is in her glory...

Truck pulled in for transplant surgery... I would say a bionic upgrade...lol

In her new home...

Installing first two of the three shifters. Trying to find the perfect location was tough and not as perfect as I would like, but the best it would be.

Next was getting the third (cable) shifter located and built. I found the location of the original t-case shifter location would work out nice.

Perch fab wasn't too bad.

Finished perch and install boots to see how they fit, looking good from my perspective...

Finished out well I think...

post #69 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 06:56 PM

Garage
4BT BRONCO BEAST... GOES CAMO

I have had the vision of a camo Bronco for years and years. I had my first try at painting with bed liner paint in 2012 when I painted my 1978 BMW R100S motorcycle OD Green and made it look like a military bike. It turned out great and that was the bike I sold for my RCV Axles. So when I purchased my Bronco, I wanted to do it OD at first then upgraded to the Camo in bed liner. My product of choice is MOSTALINER. It is UV protective and comes in the most awesome colors. I purchased the Mostaliner kit back in early 2015 and it sat in storage for almost 3 years before breaking it out for this project. I did a thin coat on the Trailer Beast to see if the two colors would go on well and they did. On the bike and trailer I used the sprayer, but the 4BTBB I wanted to roll it on. I wasn’t sure how well it would apply, but I felt it would be thicker coat. After doing it both ways, I think I prefer spaying better. Rolling it left a few pieces the roller in the paint (which I knew that going in). The bed liner is pretty aggressive and even the foam rollers break down rather quickly. When deciding how I wanted the pattern to be, I decided to tape off the “Brand New” projector headlights and paint them and the brand new taillight assemblies. I figured the bed liner would make the lenses stronger, and just looks cool…

Here is the paint going on the Beast…

The new front headlights and grill… only on the truck a few days before the transformation.

Sanded down the exterior so the liner would attach the best…

Took her home to wash her and start the paint.

Next is the OD Green base coat…

Next is the Black Stripes. I prefer the vertical stripes instead of the traditional pattern…

I just love this pic... Nothing but trees and shadows here...

post #70 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 07:04 AM

Exhaust & Jack

Since I was keeping the nerf bars high and tight, I wanted the exhaust to be the same. I checked out videos of different mufflers on youtube, but liked the flowmaster mufflers 40 series the most. My Buddy is a great talent when it comes to anything auto and he put the duals on mine.

Click on the link below photo to hear it

https://flic.kr/p/24GtqwN

I was trying to find a place to put the jack that was out of the way but easy to get to, so I ended up finding the area between the fuel tank and the rear bumper a nice area to put it, so I put a couple of carriage bolts and hand tightening nuts on it.

post #71 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 10:22 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
Onboard Air

If you’re going to off-road an onboard air compressor is crucial..I mainly wanted to something to re-inflate my tires after airing down and I've used it so many times now, not sure what I did before..

Wasn’t interested in running air tools since I don’t carry any...Now, you can go the York A/C route under the hood which is nice but requires special brackets and additional plumbing, or do like I did an use an electrical air compressor. There are pros and cons to each, but the viar set up has been perfect for my needs.

Viar constant duty system specs.
  • Intended for inflation of tires up to 37 inches
  • VIAIR 450C Air compressor and a 110 to 145 PSI Pressure switch
  • 150 PSI maximum working pressure and 100% duty cycle at 100 PSI
  • Can inflate four tires up to 37 inches in diameter
  • Designed for uninterrupted use for up to an hour (at 72 degrees ambient temperature)

Bought the kit off amazon, it came with a 2.5 gallon tank.

Plenty of room for mounting just forward of the gas tank.

Compressor mounted behind the back seat..

Gauge and switch..

Air chuck

Couple months back I got a huge screw in one of my tires..plug kit and onboard air saved the day....

Filling up the tank.

e9Or5FhsvMw

With a full tank of air, I’m able to go from 15 psi in my tires to 25 in a little over 30 seconds..then I need to give the tank some time before moving to another tire..the lower I go with the air pressure the longer the inflation time.Air chuck is mounted out back but will probably put one up front so I don’t have to stretch the air hose so far. If I had to do it over again, I’d get a more powerful compressor..now that everything is plumbed, that’s an easy upgrade down the road.

Pros
  • Cost
  • Easy install
  • Relatively quiet
  • Decent recovery
  • Fills tires in a reasonable amount of time

Cons
  • Not nearly as powerful as an underhood compressor

You can see the complete thread here: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...-system-4.html

Last edited by jermil01; 05-21-2018 at 11:14 AM.
post #72 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 12:44 PM

Bronco Info: 94 357/E4OD - ProC 6" stageII, 37"STT Pro, f/R 4.88's, Front Aussie, HS9500, sliders
Garage
Well after my Christmas Valley wheeling trip i had mentioned that i had ingested sand/silt into the motor. I broke down the motor and had a shop rebuild it, balance the bottom end and went with a .30 or .40 overbore. crank took .10 as well. in the end the price was decent and in a month I was back on the road. Well fast forward about 2yrs, the family and I had to leave Bend due to my work relocating us to the Portland Oregon area and we settled in Oregon city. I quickly got in with a wheeling group called Those Guys Offroad out of Clackamas. great group of guys to say the least and a good mix of rigs. once again i was the only FS rig in the group.

i dropped down thru this trench I'll call it and the bronco's passnger side didnt fare to well. proceeded to loose a tire on the bead and crease the fender, door on my way thru.

I really enjoy snow wheeling until we moved and I started to wheel on the West side of the Cascades, the snow is very wet and heavy. even aired down I struggled a lot. The snow in Eastern Oregon is typically dryer and makes for a better wheeling experience.

94 5.8/E4OD Edelbrock efi intake, jba headers, transgo shift kit. 6" PC stage II, 4.88 gears, front Aussie. Warn HS9500, custom bumper and sliders. RedHead steering and TieRod flip.
post #73 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 02:42 PM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
would love to try wheeling in snow some day...

post #74 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 05:07 AM

Talking Wired up inside

I wanted to move the needle up on my 95 model and upgrade to similar things found in my 2010 FX4, so I looked up the electronics and audio specs on the 2010 and tried my best to match it. Of course I wasn't wanting to shake the ground with speakers but better it some.

I got the stereo with the Bluetooth and a mic to connect to my cellphone and talk hands free and the thumb drive to max out the amount of music....more music than I could afford gas in the tank to drive around that much!

Hardwired back up camera hidden in the Iron Bull stenciled logo

Also the back up screen in the mirror, just like my FX4

Subwoofer in a downward facing box...Ö..

I added some rubber feet soon after so it wouldn't teeter on the speaker grill

post #75 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 01:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermil01 View Post
would love to try wheeling in snow some day...
It sure is a lot of fun and can be very challenging at times. its like wheeling in mud but cleaner

post #76 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 03:14 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Rosita my 95 XLT Sport, 5.8, 33x12.5x15, 6 inch lift, factory limited slip, manual hubs
Garage
Keep it coming guys ! Keep it coming!!!
White Dragon, Warhoss and SRWillis like this.

Vote here for your Hot Next Door Bronco

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...vote-here.html
post #77 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 04:24 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L, 4" BDS radius arm lift, 35x12.5's, Bassani headers, K&N CAI, Warn manual hubs
post #78 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 06:03 PM

Garage
in June of 2012 (fathers day weekend) I was invited on a 100 rig max wheeling trip called CreekNTrail. this event has been occurring for 20+yrs out of the small town of O'Brian, OR which is an hour or two west of Grants Pass, Oregon. This trip follows a very old wagon road that connected the Oregon coast to the Rogue Valley. This is a permit only trail thru the Forest Service, they inspect everyones rig for dirt on the frame rails and inner fenders. If they find any they will send you to the pressure washer in a near by town, this is due to the sensitive area and helps to keep noxious weeds from decimating the area. This run is put on every Fathers day weekend, includes full day of wheeling saturday, steak dinner saturday night and full pancake breakfast the following morning and camping at the final destination. Now on to the pictures.

Here we are all getting lined up for our Forest Service prostate exam

I was one of the few Full size rigs and 1 of only 2 Broncos.

solo shot while in line, aird the tires down to 15lbs to start and was down to 12 about a mile into the trip.

Entering the trail

This picture shows Oregons largest recorded Forest Fire which was well over 500k acres. I believe in 2003 if I recall.

I took a picture of the sign that mentions the wagon ruts ground into the many boulders and stones, just didnt snap a pic of the actual grooves.

Here are a few pictures of the last obstacle shoot, there is a way around for the rigs that didnt attempt. I was the only FSB that went thru this. Many nasty looks and WTF comments at first till I utilized my sliders often to get thru the large boulder field. now mind you I still sport the TTB with an Aussie locker.

these guys came thru after me

I need to dig up pictures from Camp and such but otherwise you guys get the idea. I have tried to get on this trail again and the tickets have started to sell out in a few weeks once they become available.

Enjoy....

post #79 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 09:05 PM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Video compilation..

Here are few random videos from past rides. some may have already been posted, but what the hell I couldn't remember..enjoy..

eMa63gO0d3M

skip about the 1st minute of this one...

_Vab-U4FVbg

7hJOyiEKiNI

LV-basysoVs

jU-psU6pNGI

post #80 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 11:32 PM

Garage
Fun-in-the-Sun Pic's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode