May 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote here !!!!! - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your May 2018 F.O.T.M. ???
stan the man 6 9.09%
Warhoss 14 21.21%
RicksBroncoBeast 23 34.85%
jermil01 20 30.30%
TravisITGuy 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

946Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 11:56 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer
Garage
Dual Battery

One of the first things I did after installing the winch was make a dual battery setup for accessories. It really came in handy when I decided to put in the 4BT. Takes a little more juice to start the diesel...

I was really happy with the way it came out, very clean and out of the way...

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco Beast: Powered by a 4BT Cummins Diesel, 37" BFG BAJA TA's, Atlas 4 Transfer Case, HUMVEE 24 Bolt Wheels with Trail Fab Beadlocks, RCV Front TTB Axles, 5.5" SuperFlex Suspension, Lockers Front and Rear, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers, Monstaliner Bedliner Paint Job...
Vote RicksBroncoBeast May 2018 F.O.T.M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 06:06 AM

Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco
Grill it up

So I looked all over for options as far as after market grilles and found their wasn't but a couple compared to many for the newer trucks. I knew the old firemen lights had to be replaced! Ha!

I decided to buy a Dremel tool and give it a try myself. I didn't discuss it with anyone in case it came out looking goofy or just plain bad. I measured the bottom center opening and found a small light bar that fit inside perfectly.

I made the mistake of cutting off these ears that hold the bottom of the grill in place. had to try again.

Got it right this time and had a lot of smoothing out to do.

I bought a sheet of grill mesh on ebay and cut to fit the back side

I found these button head bolts on Amazon and these threaded like washers that holds the mesh in perfectly!

Mean while I forgot to post these earlier when I had some help putting the Iron Bull bumpers on...I had to still adjust the spacings

post #83 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, 6" lift, 4.56 gears, 35" GY MT/Rs, front locker, rear LSD, rear disc conversion
Garage
I'm liking the show this month! Good job guys!

MS88Bronc
Don't be fooled by the name,
1996 XL with 5.8L/E4OD/BW1356,
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
***GO NOMINATE AND VOTE FOR FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH HERE!!***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 01:48 PM
Sayulita Layta!

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Blazer. Lifted, locked, and loaded. Where's the Zombies?
Wow, it's been a few days since I've shared more stories. Sorry for getting caught in work!

So, I caught the drinking bug pretty hard in college with my local full size 4x4 club (mostly Bronco owners). We hit the trails often and helped each other wrench quite often. It was a grand 'ol time!

California Bay Area off road UC4x4.com
post #85 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 02:00 PM
Sayulita Layta!

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Blazer. Lifted, locked, and loaded. Where's the Zombies?
After about a year or so of saving, I had enough moolah for a Rancho 4" lift with AAL's, Bilstein 5100s, Eaton E-Locker for the rear, Yukon 4.56 gears, and a used TTB pumpkin loaded with 4.56 gears and an Auburn ECTED e-locker.

There were lots of parts on hand but no money to pay for installs, so I called up my friends, bought lots of cheap beer and we got to work.

Once we finished, I immediately took it to the dunes. 4" lift and 31's looks funny.

California Bay Area off road UC4x4.com
post #86 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 06:22 PM

Garage
TTB Lovers

Being an avid Ford TTB lover I knew the week link for those setups is the left side short axle when the front is locked up like to snap on tight turns. What is really funny is back in 1994 I took a chevy CV joint and welded it to the short axle stubs after I broke it and it actually fit good in the knuckle and it worked for about 3/4's of a hill climb and that was it. Even though mine did not work for any length of time, the theory was solid. So later in life and I started building the 4BTBB and was wondering if that invention was successfully done. Sure enough it was. RCV makes a Chrome Moly TTB CV Joint axles. I had to have them, but the cost was HUGE. The axle set at that time was $2200... yes $2200... I wasted but could not fund them. I elected to sell my 1978 BMW R100S motorcycle I was restoring and use those funds for the axles. After purchasing them I was in complete awe at how thick and cool they are. I installed them and took it out for my first run and they worked like a dream... for a short time. My right axle stub splines did not stay engaged with the outer portion. I was very distraught when I looked and those very expensive axles did not last one trip. I called RCV and told them what happened and the tech told me that this was a newer design and the older design the outer stub was pinned in with a roll pin He told me they would ship out the new ends immediately and they did. Sure enough the outer stub was pinned in and that was the end of the problem. Since then I have beat the poop out of them and they just ask for more. RCV axles are definitely worth the investments and they are lifetime warranty.

1978 BMW R100S I sold for the purchase

Brand new Axles

Axle stub after it pulled out and stripped about 1/2" of the splines

What they are supposed to look like... In their beauty

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco Beast: Powered by a 4BT Cummins Diesel, 37" BFG BAJA TA's, Atlas 4 Transfer Case, HUMVEE 24 Bolt Wheels with Trail Fab Beadlocks, RCV Front TTB Axles, 5.5" SuperFlex Suspension, Lockers Front and Rear, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers, Monstaliner Bedliner Paint Job...
post #87 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 06:01 AM

Centerpiece

So I was searching online for custom made grills and ran across some cool ones and a couple were using the larger blue oval Ford logo off of newer F-250's & F-350's but in the back of my mind I wanted something different but could still look like it could have came from the factory on a bronco. I got to thinking how the Mustang in most cases, had the chrome horse on it's grill and how no Bronco had them from the factory with it. I bought online a Chrome Bronco II fender badge but didn't know if it was gonna be too big or too small and how to attach it.

I liked how the newer mustangs had the chrome horse embedded into the grill so that gave me an idea

Since I do cad drafting for a living, I decided to try my hand at drawing up a 3D plastic piece to secure the horse to and also bolt it to the grill mesh.

Our local Library at the time just offered a service to print items in 3D so I submitted my file and here was the piece.

It fit perfectly!

I had to paint it with some black plasti-dip and slip the bolts in

I used a thin metal plate on the backside to secure it in place

post #88 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
Paint and body..

There was point in time when I washed my rig every week, shined the tires, cleaned under the hood, wiped the inside off with armor all, hell even vacuumed..Donít get me wrong, I admire you guys that do it...However, the more I went off road the less I found myself worrying about those things. Slowly but surely the Bronco started showing signs of age like any 26 year old vehicle would.. Iíd had some work done previously to address the cab corners and the tailgate, but the corners started rusting again..On top of that I had crunched my front quarter panels off-roading, so fender trimming was also on my list. This was something I kind of regretted but it is what it is..Anyway, since I wasnít trying to win any contests and it was just going to get beat up again, I decided to take a crack a fixing some of the rust myself..Keep in mind I had no experience with any of this, so everything was trial and error or watching youtube videos.

Before the fender trimmingÖ

l

After..

Wonít go into detail on the fender trimming, suffice it to say I still need to do something to address the gaps in the fender, but just havenít had the time..Iíll be honest I donít care for it and will probably add flares at some point..

Good shot of a crunched fenderÖ

Was lucky and scored a pair of white fenders of another white Bronco..perfect condition..

Pulling a fender isnít too tough..

Much better..

Hit a deer years ago and I donít think there is a single straight line on the front of my rig..the hood has gaps and the fenders are a bit out of whack..but it works..

Needed to address the tailgate..the 10 year old repair was starting to rust again..

Tailgate is gutted so moving it around was super easy..

Sanded and bondoed

This was a rattle can job..hit it with primer..

Hmm, no finished product but you get the idea..

Next up was the b-pillars, cab corners..This would be the 3rd time mine were fixed..1st time by me..I know the soft top adds extra flex there, but Iím willing to pay the price..Hereís what it looked like when I started..

Passenger was rusted through. I could put my finger through the hole..

Doesnít look that bad..but once you start digging into this s**t there is no turning back..

Like I said, I had the repair done before with the Ford kit, whoever did it, didnít do it properly..should be pop rivets here..

Inside the b-pillar..

Back of the passenger side cab corner..

As I pulled away the reinforcement panel..the light came through..

God I hate rust..

Middle of the b-pillar..had to keep cutting to get to clean metal..

Made some patches out of spare fender..used panel adhesive to bond them..

Booger welded the hell out this patch, but I was learning as I went..

You get the idea, so Iíll skip ahead to the end..it went like this for both sides and took me the better part of a couple weekends..Iím usually a patient person but this tested me..
End result was this..

Advice..take your time..make sure you get all the rust..use quality materials, paint, filler and what not it makes a huge difference. This most recent repair lasted about 3 years and it's getting time where I'm going to have to do it again..fortunately, my skills have progressed a bit, so I'll do a better job this go around..You can see all of my repair pics here: 1992 Ford Bronco Body Work and Rust Repair including drip rail R&R pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

post #89 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 PM

Garage
Enjoy... RicksBroncoBeast

Love the feeling of torque... This package is really coming to its own and I cannot wait to be able to afford the SAS front and the complete 1 ton package...

post #90 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 09:07 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Bronco Info: 1986 SAS'd, 37s, otherwise stock
Hell ya guys! Itís getting there!
White Dragon and Warhoss like this.
post #91 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 07:20 AM

Let There Be LIGHT!!

I was ready to update the lights.....ALL the lights! HID Headlights and LED lights almost everywhere else!

I had seen where another Bronco owner had cut the map pocket out and that spot was perfect for putting the switches.....no screws or glues, if you cut it right it snapped in place and it did fit like a glove!

I had gotten a pair of those ring halo lights in red for the rear bumper and wired it so the red ring would light with the tail lights and get bright with the brakes applied and when put in reverse the white center lights.

post #92 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
Headlights..

While we're on the subject of lighting..

The factory headlamps like everything else were beat. They looked like crap and the light output was terrible. Didnít feel like screwing around with polishing when slapping on a set of new ones would take about half the time and look better in the end..

Hereís the before..

These are Matrix diamond style lamps, nothing fancy.$130 from amazon and I stuck with the regular factory bulbs..

Hardest part for me was getting the lamp assembly trim out of the way, the bumper made it a real PITA..

Everything buttoned back up..Put these on about 4 years ago and they have held up really well so far..definitely worth the $$..

post #93 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 11:35 PM

Garage
4BT Bronco Beast... 4BT Cummins Diesel and Bronco Beast Walk Around

I have done a lot of really cool functional 4 wheeling upgrades to the 4BTBB and wanted to give an overview in a video to show off some of the features. After watching it, like always, I see a lot of things I wish I would have put in the vid, but it is really good in my opinion. If you have any questions please feel free to mention me in the discussion page. I really love this truck and am excited to do even more in the future.

post #94 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 08:57 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Quick tour under the hood. I go over the mods and upgrades I've done.

tqbBwt9x4Jg

post #95 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
@RicksBroncoBeast @jermil01 Loving the walk around vids, let's us meet your BKO's first hand ... very cool !!!!
post #96 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Rosita my 95 XLT Sport, 5.8, 33x12.5x15, 6 inch lift, factory limited slip, manual hubs
Garage
The battlefield is lit up right now.... awesome guys one few more days to go awesome work
Warhoss likes this.

Vote here for your Hot Next Door Bronco

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...vote-here.html
post #97 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 07:41 AM
Erik

Bronco Info: 89,92,94
Some good competitors this time but I had to vote for jermil01. The walk around vids from you guys were cool too.

í89 Bronco
í92 Bronco
í94 Bronco
'85 F350 CCLB-Fummins tow rig
'61 F350- Pumpkin Truck
post #98 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 09:28 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by '89Bronco302 View Post
Some good competitors this time but I had to vote for jermil01. The walk around vids from you guys were cool too.
Thanks man!!

post #99 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Garage
Last trip to Hard Rock..had a blast..was hoping to get down there again before the end of the competition but no luck..definitely need to get another ride going soon..

KRgEHfjCx8U

tMfm2eTVmb8

BFNm-dNfl-w

JqWNNesimN0

post #100 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 07:34 AM

Seat Time

It came time to upgrade the seats. I wanted leather to replace the cloth.

I had the Upholstery place make the front seats heated and they put the switches in the front of the center console so it didn't stand out as an added feature.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode