May 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote here !!!!! - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your May 2018 F.O.T.M. ???
stan the man 6 9.09%
Warhoss 14 21.21%
RicksBroncoBeast 23 34.85%
jermil01 20 30.30%
TravisITGuy 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

946Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
May 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote here !!!!!

OK FSB'ers, here are your much anticipated contestants for...

May 2018 FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH!!!!!

1) @stan the man

2) @Warhoss

3) @RicksBroncoBeast

4) @jermil01

4) @TravisITGuy

Show us what you've got and make us proud!!!

Want to chat with one of the contestants on an upgrade or anything ? Post up here: Chat with the contestants . This is going to be a GOOD ONE !!!!! Let the games... begin!!!

Last edited by Quader1; 05-02-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco
Here We Go!

Hey FSB,

Thanks for letting me take part in the contest. Back in 1994 I got this 1990 Bronco as my first truck. As you can tell in the photo, I was proud of it!

When I sold it years later, I always had the feeling of sellers remorse and always kept the thought in the back of my mind, one day I'll get another one, so fast forward to 2014 and I was needing a project to do in the shop, so I located this 1995 OJ Bronco in Alabama. The story goes it was the local Fire chiefs of this small town and after a couple years of driving it, he wanted a crown vic so the Bronco was stored as a back up and then years later sold to one of the firemen who seldom used it. So when I bought it, it had only around 87k miles on it. No rust, no damage, very good condition, just needing some TLC.

I'll add more photos of it's transformation as we go but I'll always close with a photo of the finished product.

Thanks

Last edited by Warhoss; 05-01-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: typos
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
Want to chat with a contestants ? go here and post away : Chat with the Contestants

You can post here as well just keep it short and to the point or post all you want in the link above!!!!

Last edited by Quader1; 05-01-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
What’s up FSB brothers and sisters!! I super excited about this competition..we got a great group of guys going again each other.

Let’s get to the nut cutting..Over the next month you’ll see how my rig has transformed after 22 years of ownership. Yeah, 22 years..I’ll include the mods I’ve done, what’s worked, what hasn’t and anything else I can think of. I’m going to take you on a journey, from a daily driver when gas was a $1.25 a gallon to what you see today, a beater and weekend wheeler and show you everything that's happened along the way. While it’s not going to win any show and shine, I’ve been through hell and back with this rig. Busted knuckles, couple of accidents including hitting a deer and only one speeding ticket...Best part is I also found a second family here at FSB, made some great friends along the way. Hard to explain it, but you form a bond with other folks that drive Broncos, and as corny as it sounds owning a Bronco (or maybe it owning you) gets in your blood.

I remember the day I saw it sitting on the used car lot at a Ford dealership near my office. Made a decision then and there that I had to have a Bronco..When I bought her in ‘96 she had 52K on the clock. Funny thing is my previous car was a ‘86 Honda CRX..Anyway, what started out as a bone stock ‘92 xlt with 31 inch tires, 302, push button t-case, auto hubs, factory gearing has been transformed into what you see below. Throughout this transformation I’ve had my hand on just about every nut, bolt and fastener on this rig, and got plenty of help along the way, not just in parts, but in sweat and labor from folks on this site who helped me put it together. Thank you, you know who you are.

I’m to a point where I couldn’t even begin adding up the amount of $$ spent, could probably have bought 2 new cars at this point, but I don’t think that would have given me the same amount of pride. So here it is in all it’s glory feel free to ask me any questions..however, in all honesty, I’ve probably forgotten more than I remember at this point. Good thing for supermotors.

So the current specs, this should be pretty complete. If anyone is interested, I'm adding links to specific pages in Supermotors. Keep an eye out as I will continuously update..

Engine/Tranny/DrivetrainCoolingExhaust
  • BBK headers, single 2.5 inch exhaust through a magnaflow
Axle/Suspension
Solid axle Dana 44 front
  • 4.56 gears, Detroit tructrac
  • Warn premium hubs
  • custom deaver springs
  • bilstein 5125 10 inch travel shocks
  • stock radius arms extended 18 inches and plated
  • Superlift adjustable track bar, DOM steering linkage with heim ends
  • approximate 6 inches of lift

Rear Recovery
TJM bull bumper with HF badlands 9K winch and synthetic line
Heavy duty tow hooks

Other
Tires 37x14.50-15 Toyo MTs

Then..actually this was after I had the 4 inch superlift installed..still running the TTB and 33 inch tires at the time..

Now...

Let the games begin...

Last edited by jermil01; 05-09-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added links
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 10:33 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer
Garage
Greeting from Tucson, AZ... I am not one who really tries to be out there comparing my rigs to anyone else's. We all have poured our hearts into our rigs and they are all really cool and have some specialness and all involved in May's FOTM are really cool rigs and I can see the love that has been poured out.

As for my 4BT Bronco Beast:
I purchased her in the beginning of 2013 off Craigslist for $1100. She was a stock 1996 EB with a 5.8L and was in pretty clean shape (at the time), she just needed a lot of love (ball joints, bushings, intake gasket, shocks, brakes, wheel bearings and a few other misc items). She is my second Bronco, the first was an 85 I purchased from Bell Ford in Phoenix back in 1993 and that beast was my daily driver and I raised my first two boys out of her until 2008 when I sold her. Once I finished getting 96 on the road the first purchase was the lift kit. I purchased a 5.5" Superflex Full suspension lift with Deaver springs, extended arms, brake lines and cushioned with Bilstein Shocks from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. With all of my projects, they seem to constantly get more improved, so my next portion of this project was lockers, gears and tires. I have been studying the military HUMVEE wheels that have been recentered with the 5x5.5" bolt pattern, so I purchased a set of 5 using the 37" BFG BAJA T/A's. No good having 24 bolt split rim wheels without having beadlocks installed so I purchased the inserts from Trail Fab out of Cal and I was amazed at how tight the inserts pinch that rubber into the sidewall. I have no fear of lowing the pressures down as much as needed and not cracking the bead on rocks. With the tire size I went with a set of 4.56 gears and installed lockers front and rear. Drove her for awhile but the fear of breaking the short axle in front with the locker I was going to cryogenic the axles but discovered the RCV Chromoly cv joint axles for the TTB. I had to have them, but I am not made of money so something had to go. I sold my 1978 BMW R100S vintage Bike to pay for thos RCV's. Another great decision. My first outing with some BK friends of min I went to tow a friends BK up a hill when his engine would not run, I ended up snapping my rear yoke. I ended up having to drive out of Chiva Falls and all the way home (42 miles) in front wheel drive only with a TTB...wow. Without those axles it would have been a heck of an expense to get her home. From there I custom made the front stinger (Anti-Protest tool) and the rear swingout tire holder and HD bumper. In the rear bumper I also install a 15K swivel pintle hitch for the matching off-road camper trailer I made. I just love playing with her off road. The 5.8L was getting a little tired, I decided her next upgrade was to install a Cummins 4BT Diesel engine and convert her from the E4OD to a ZF5 manual 5 speed. Again, after many many hours of research and building the parts list I finally purchased a 130 HP powerplant that was recently rebuilt before the delivery truck was retired. I installed the Cummins between Christmas and New Years 2013-2014. Total engine and transmission conversion took just under two weeks and she was back on the road, but now... with a beastly purpose... got to love that turbo whine... From there I wheeled a lot and eventually had to rescue a friend with a Diesel 83 Blazer (again out at Chiva Falls) when his transfer case broke. Unfortunately, that tow was really aggressive and that put too much stress on my own T-Case and it started binding. So, I now needed a new t-case and I have been wanting a really nice one and have been drooling over the Atlas 4, 4 speed ultra low range and so... now I have one. I am so impressed with how incredible that work of art Atlas is and when I do the calculations, it is an incredible 140:1 crawl ratio... in ultra low. To finish off this "to-be-continued" story was the Monstaliner camo bedliner paint job... I purchased the bedliner paint almost 3 years before putting it on, but the wait was worth it...Looks mean and cool at the same time...

Well, I will end the 4BTBB bio at this point, but there is more to do to her that is in the forecast. I really appreciate the vote for Her and all her glory, Thanks...

Right after the Lift and Tires...

After Bumpers and Hood Louvers...

Fender Flares were short lived after Ajax Trail...

4BT Cummins getting ready to go in...

4BT put into its new home...

1st Casualty after transplant...

More pictures to come...

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco Beast: Powered by a 4BT Cummins Diesel, 37" BFG BAJA TA's, Atlas 4 Transfer Case, HUMVEE 24 Bolt Wheels with Trail Fab Beadlocks, RCV Front TTB Axles, 5.5" SuperFlex Suspension, Lockers Front and Rear, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers, Monstaliner Bedliner Paint Job...
Vote RicksBroncoBeast May 2018 F.O.T.M.
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 09:36 AM

It had a little miss but it appeared to have the original spark plugs in the engine and after tuning up and addressing old belts and other age related problems, it was back running like a champ

Next I had to work on the tailgate latch that wouldn't release

I then decided to take out the carpet to replace and check for any rust on the floors

post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
A little 92-96 battle royal!

Rick
"Left for Dead"
Filly

[email protected] (also on facebook)
post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 12:11 PM
aka: kemicalburns

Bronco Info: 94 357/E4OD - ProC 6" stageII, 37"STT Pro, f/R 4.88's, Front Aussie, HS9500, sliders
Garage
Well here I am everyone, previously known as Kemicalburns sporting an 88 FSB. The bronco was your typical XLT of that vintage, 5.0/AOD and 31" tires. This was my first bronco but not my first ford. After a few months the tired 302 got pulled for a wrecking yard F4TE (94) 5.8. This site was instrumental in helping me perform that swap in my drive way by myself.

Here is the 5.8 swapped in.. My wife thought i was crazy, and the weather at times was not my friend

The love of this bronco came to a close a few years after several mods and adventures which I will post up here soon.

Here is a sneak of what my current Bronco looked like prior to many goodies being installed over the years. I bought this Bronco for $1500 with 68K miles on the OD. Had a failed 4WABs control module causing the trans to shift hard and the speedo to not function. Previous owner thought it had a shift kit hahaha. I of course new better thanks to this site and its many followers.

I look forward to the Battle Royal --- Best of luck to each of the contestants.

94 5.8/E4OD Edelbrock efi intake, jba headers, transgo shift kit. 6" PC stage II, 4.88 gears, front Aussie. Warn HS9500, custom bumper and sliders. RedHead steering and TieRod flip.
post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Rosita my 95 XLT Sport, 5.8, 33x12.5x15, 6 inch lift, factory limited slip, manual hubs
Garage
Best of luck to all of you, I will be watching this one very closely
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 02:17 AM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Bronco Info: 1986 SAS'd, 37s, otherwise stock
Bout time May started! Looking forward to the stories and pictures! Words canít express my excitement
post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
Everybody has a different goal for their rig..From the time I got mine to now, my focus was to be able to take it on a long drive, wheel it and bring it back in one piece. Hell, even take a road trip if I wanted to..8 mpg be damned. Trailering wasnít even going to be an option, so I had to keep that in mind as I went through the process of upgrading things..Every change needed to improve off road capabilities, but at the same time not hurt overall drivability (that wasnít always the case). Not long after I bought the Bronco the mods started, I slapped on a 4 inch superlift kit with the drop brackets and 33 inch BFGís.This was about the same time I found FSB and started really getting into the whole Bronco scene..

Back in Ď03 a few of us got to talking down in the Dixie Chapter and I hooked up with one of the FSB OGís, Shane aka @Blaze ..We took a trip down to Ocala to scout out an area for the first Dixie Chapter trail ride of FSB and the rest was historyÖ

Thinking back getting some mud on the fenders was pretty cool, being stuck in what amounted to a mud puddle, not so much..

We hooked up for the 1st trail ride in June of Ď03 and I got my first taste of off-roading swamp style..

Me and some of the guys at Lake George. Pretty sure thatís @ogeechee there on the end..

Amazing how tame this is compared to what Iím willing to try now, but at the time it was still my DD.

Open diffs, BFG ATís and sugar sand, terrible combination, had to get pulled out every 5 minutes..

Fixing stuff on the trail with a bunch of good old boys...fun times..

Got into something called stump trail..we were trying to navigate a place where they had done a bunch of logging. we were so stupid, not a single one of us had a winch. this the first time I ever got really scared that I might bust something or not be able to get out.

And I did, but it was just the bumper..

More swamping..kind of sucks because we didnít take as many pictures back in the day..no fancy go pros or drones..

All muddy with a bent bumper but it was a great weekend of wheeling and I guess thatís the point that I caught the bug..

post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:45 AM

Bedliner

So I had seen where some of the 1st Gen Broncos were spraying the interior with bed liner and I decided to go that direction. I contacted the local Line-X shop and got it scheduled to be sprayed.

I was noticing the worse scratches on the Broncos paint job was on the top of the tailgate where the firemen was putting their equipment in the back so I requested they spray along the body lines with the bed liner too. I was really glad I did and it came out great!

I'll admit the toughest part was trying to find the little screw holes to put these panels back on but I finally got them all put back after positioning the panels back perfectly

post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 03:10 PM
Sayulita Layta!

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Blazer. Lifted, locked, and loaded. Where's the Zombies?
Looks like a great competition so far! This is going to be a fun month for everyone!

As a junior in high school I started my entrepreneurship by spending my summer cutting neighbors' lawns, whacking down weeds with a weed whacker I found in the middle of the road, and refereeing youth basketball. One of the houses on my list had a sweet 1996 Ford Bronco. Mmm, that deep burgundy paint, tan top and pin stripes. Little did I know that a month later that Bronco would be my first car.

I share more stories later, but here's a comparison of when I bought it to now.

Current set up includes:
- 1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 351w & E4OD.
- Solo Motorsports Stage 4 kit (stock width cut & turned beams, heimed radius arms, and coilover engine cage).
- King 12"x2.5" coilovers set with 350#/450# coils. This sets me at about 200# effective tender spring rate (YUM!).
- Deaver Q80 rear leaf packs with King 12"x2.5" remote reservoir shocks.
- Auburn ECTED Front Locker.
- Eaton E-Locker Rear Locker.
- Solo Motorsports rear bumper with custom tire carrier.
- Hefty Fabworks front bumper and sliders.
- Baja Designs XL80 Driving & Spot lights for high speed desert runs.
- Baja Designs Squadron Sport Wide Cornering for general use.
- Warn Premium Hubs
- 35x12.5R17 BFG KO2's
- 17x8.5" Method Race Wheels (NV)

California Bay Area off road UC4x4.com
post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 07:49 PM

Garage
Looks like a stampede is a brewing... Getting ready for a nice day with God's great county...

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco Beast: Powered by a 4BT Cummins Diesel, 37" BFG BAJA TA's, Atlas 4 Transfer Case, HUMVEE 24 Bolt Wheels with Trail Fab Beadlocks, RCV Front TTB Axles, 5.5" SuperFlex Suspension, Lockers Front and Rear, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers, Monstaliner Bedliner Paint Job...
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 08:05 PM

Garage
Recently I decided to install a Hydraulic parking brake and a line-lock for help wheeling with the ZF5 manual transmission. Was able to use the existing brake line which made it an easy install. I cannot tell you how cool the Hydraulic P-Brake is. Push the brake pedal down, flip the switch and it holds the front calipers so tight I feel confident my baby won't slide down the hill without me...lol By running them inline it made the line-lock the primary electrical holding device when needed.

post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 08:39 PM

Garage
Waving atcha...

post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:07 PM

Garage

post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 11:38 AM
aka: kemicalburns

Bronco Info: 94 357/E4OD - ProC 6" stageII, 37"STT Pro, f/R 4.88's, Front Aussie, HS9500, sliders
Garage
Great to see everyone's bronco builds and the stories that go with each beast out there.

As i continued my build, enjoying the recent 5.8 coupled to the AOD was great. I happend to be over in the portland area for work when my 8.8 decided to eat itself. I put out an APB for help and Crazed jumped on the call and was able to track me down a Ford 9" for a good price. We proceeded to perform the rear end swap in his drive way in a few hours.

a poser flex shot once the rear diff was installed.

I was not missing the RABS either

My next purchase for this 88 was a ProComp Stage II 6" lift. Here are some before and after pics.

now with the lift installed

the lift has extended radius arms and i chose the dual AAL out back. I was building this bronco as a get out and enjoy the outdoors with my family and would be pulling a 19' travel trailer at times so the added spring rate out back was very helpful.

94 5.8/E4OD Edelbrock efi intake, jba headers, transgo shift kit. 6" PC stage II, 4.88 gears, front Aussie. Warn HS9500, custom bumper and sliders. RedHead steering and TieRod flip.
post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 11:55 AM

First Hiccup

I found they were making the LED-White faces to replace on the gauges so I replaced the old ones

I noticed not long after this that the Bronco was shifting hard. I tried changing the speed sensor on the rear end but that didn't fix it. I saw that the computer on the Bronco called a PSOM made into the gauges cluster might be the issues.....I didn't want to get a brand new one in case that wasn't the problem either, so I located a used gauge cluster and sure enough that fixed it. Not sure if I did something to mess it up or what but, either way it did the trick!

post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Sayulita Layta!

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Blazer. Lifted, locked, and loaded. Where's the Zombies?
Not long after I purchased my truck, it broke down on me. I hopped online and found FSB to learn how to fix things, what tools, I'd need, and so on. I also met a few guys that went to my University Ė they introduced me to a larger local FSB group and the wheeling bug began.

I removed my classy side steps to prevent them from being damaged, sold them for a pretty penny on here, and used that money to buy a sleeping bag, grill, and tent.

From this first trip, I learned my trailer hitch drags a lot, my auto hubs don't actually work, and I want/need a lift and bigger tires (then gears, lockers, etc., for the snow ball effect). Time to fix the truck, save money, build, and wheel again.

California Bay Area off road UC4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode