July 2018 F.O.T.M. Vote Here!!!!!! - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your July 2018 F.O.T.M. ???
Runs You Over 4 6.78%
1clean5.8 12 20.34%
PoppaGator 2 3.39%
Ghosteh 22 37.29%
CainsBigRed 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

896Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 01:05 AM
Crusher Mike

Bronco Info: 1991 Arrow Nosed 5.8. SAS, 35" Cooper STT PRO 7" lift, 4.88s locked, Viar OBA
Sorry I've been pretty busy here's a couple poser shots after the solid axle swap. Then I will get a few more of the stuff thats been done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Rosita my 95 XLT Sport, 5.8, 33x12.5x15, 6 inch lift, factory limited slip, manual hubs
Garage
Having my Bronco has definitely change many aspects of life for me, my friends have change, my involvement in the community went from nonexistent to receiving awards from the city, my wife has became more open to the outdoors and now with our first little one expected to be here in early August, Rose will definitely be part of many more trips to come all of this came from My trust in total strangers. When you are in a group or meet for the first time you talk and you bs pretty normal but, Something that I had not seen before with other groups or clubs in genuine care for each other that we have in the Bronco community.

From day one of hitting the trail I have followed and listen to other bronco drivers guide me to safety, one of those times I was on my first trail run in Tucson AZ. We had a great trail lead that took us to some very beautiful and scenic mountain views and open fields and 4x4 play land, We stop to take some cool pictures and to try climbing up some obstacles. Just and fyi during this run I had yet to install the locker or mud tires.

The following pictures will show some of the story but as we all known a picture can be worth a thousand word but not always show the reality of what the situation can be or replicate a feeling.

While everyone was trying out different obstacles I was following the trail lead to try out a new little area. He was able to climb up no problem but there was no other way down from this small hill other than the same way you took up. once he got to the top I followed but at first i slid down figured too much loose dirt and not enough speed so I gave it a few more attempts then I got to the point where I knew if try it once more I would for sure end up rolling over. so he went to get everyone else to help as I was now stuck, I was so off camber that if i stuck my hand out the window I and reach for the ground I was only about a foot from touching it.

You can see where I got rescue and some of the very scenic desert views from the trail run along with some poser shots.

post #43 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Crusher Mike

Bronco Info: 1991 Arrow Nosed 5.8. SAS, 35" Cooper STT PRO 7" lift, 4.88s locked, Viar OBA
Jeeze Cain has all his action shots I feel out of place. I'm trying to release these pretty slow to keep everyone entertained. One of the earlier wheeling voyages at butcher jones. I haven't been back there in a long time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 07:33 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '96 XLT 5.0L manual hubs, 4" Rancho lift, rock sliders, relocated shock mounts, original USBP vehicl
Garage
OK, you Arizona guys with all the action trail shots are really making me jealous!
Not to say that I haven't driven a bronco in Arizona before, but it was 20 years ago & mostly at night when I did it.

Just so I'm not left behind, here's some photos of the lame off-roading I do in the corn fields and woods in Illinois. "A" for effort, right?

(Notice the articulation in this shot. I think I got my tire dirty.)

post #45 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:25 PM

Bronco Info: 1989 FORD BRONCO 351 XLT 100% ORIGINAL
Garage
Last weekend I go thru the drive thru at chik fil A To get a sandwich for dinner. I get to the window and the young girl taking my order sais to me, I love your truck, it sounds amazing.

So like any self respecting South Carolina red neck I throw a couple specs at her.

I'm waiting on my sandwich and this girl keeps talking me up so I tell her, you know the new Bronco is being released in 2020, she sais well I just dont know how I feel about that, I kind of like the older ones.

So I ask her, are we still talking about the truck mam.

My wife then leans over and sais, can he just have his damn sandwich please.

My pleasure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180705_220619_1531188854691.jpg (59.6 KB, 18 views)

1989 Ford Bronco 4x4 351
100% original
post #46 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 04:53 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Rosita my 95 XLT Sport, 5.8, 33x12.5x15, 6 inch lift, factory limited slip, manual hubs
Garage
The one awesome thing about this competition is how unique each bronco is in their own way and the way each driver shows them off

... Keep it coming guys....

I'm not sure if you guys have notice but sometimes I have a softop top in some of the pictures, It actually has a cool little story behind it, So I work about 40 min from where I live and I have a odd schedule and that means I works long hours but not every day of the week so that day I was at work I was just eating my lunch in the parking lot one Sunday afternoon and notice a post in the club was getting all kinds of comments.

started to read up on it and one of the guys was cleaning his garage up and up for grabs was...... yes a soft top with all the hardware, at first I thought he was selling it but then i seen the words FREE so guys are telling him they can come pick it up in few hours others were like hey Iím on my way if you send me the address so I ask his what city and cross streets, turn out he live less than a 2 miles from my work so I shove my food in my mouth and start heading that way i was at his place in like 3 minutes. Meet him for the first time and tells me everything is there but the widows are damage and need to be completely replaced. But I still took it as I was planning to only use it during warm to cool months.

I had that soft top on by that weekend, many guys where mad since i beat them to it but it was cool cause I got it for free lol I have it on a few months of year when itís not too bad outside. Then few months later same guy I received the top from need a vent window due to a break-in so I had a extra one laying around and gave it to him as a thanks for the soft top, I still need to get some windows made for it.

Following pics are from a Trail run called "Bulldog Canyon" it is in Apache Junction AZ

Just trying to figured out how to exit the trail

superstition mountain in the background, itís pretty famous definitely found in many post cards lol

front view

post #47 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:38 PM

Garage
A couple of shots for your consideration.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180710_173830_1531272067452.jpg (172.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20180710_174654_1531272124258.jpg (262.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20180710_174829_1531272209487.jpg (111.5 KB, 15 views)

1989 Ford Bronco 4x4 351
100% original
post #48 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 11:36 PM

Bronco Info: 95 Bronco XLT- '79 HP D44, 11 inch lift, 5:13s,37s, locked front, and many other goodies!
Hey guys and gals! Been a bit busy with twins on the way in the next few months, But back to the topic at hand. The first few years I had it it went through a few phases with different front bumper set ups, lift configurations, and random little doodads here and there. Since its already a week into the month Im gonna just blow through a few pics of back then since I want to post the here and now since thats the main focus of the contest and is the coolest part

Tomorrow Ill get into the decision to SAS and the process then into new mods and how she sits at the moment

I FEAR NO BEER
post #49 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 09:46 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Not too long after removing the running boards and lifting the Bronco I really miss not having to jump up to be able to get in and out, and Iím pretty average in height. I knew of some guys that overtime jack up the steering wheel column from using that to pull their weight up into a lifted bronco so I didnít want to have the same issues overtime . Then after seeing a few of the guys running rock sliders I was really interested in buying some but then came the no direct fit issue from lack of aftermarket products.

I knew a shop was out of the question after all this was a budget build. I spoke with my father in-law and he let me borrow a welder he had that been sitting in his garage for years with very little to no use. SO I went to town and learn how to weld from one of the top schools in the country, The school of "Youtube" the rock sliders where my first project as I had never done any previous metal or fabrication of that sort.

Bringing welder home

Original design I had in mind was supposed to be simple all square tubing build

Here you can see were my welds went to a decent looking stage, previously they were so bad that I would just grind then down and try it all again . The good thing is that they were for my own bronco so no need to be looking like a stack of dimes .

Here you can see here the difference. for the first simple one I was just going to try and match the color with that of the Rose so they would blend in a little. In the final version I used spray on bed liner to paint it all in the same black color. So far they have held up great not only as steps but have also have help keep some big boulders from damaging the quarter panels and doors

These are the grab handles I installed to assist with the in and out process. Took the design from here and took some install advice from a very cool driver and bronco on the forum

post #50 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 12:23 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '96 XLT 5.0L manual hubs, 4" Rancho lift, rock sliders, relocated shock mounts, original USBP vehicl
Garage
Ok, "Runs You Over" almost has my vote just for that awesome photo of the front wheels crushing the cars!
Do you realize how many times I wished that I could do that in traffic? lol!

Why the heck didn't I get in an easy month? You guys are making this tough!

post #51 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Axl

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 4X4 5.8 L V8 351, 4-speed automatic. Auto lock hub, Elec. transfer
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosteh View Post
Ok, "Runs You Over" almost has my vote just for that awesome photo of the front wheels crushing the cars!
Do you realize how many times I wished that I could do that in traffic? lol!

Why the heck didn't I get in an easy month? You guys are making this tough!

Ghosteh,
I agree it's no easy vote but you made up for your lack of car crushing pics with
just this part of your story, which is really freakin cool.

Quote:
Of course, I was excited at this point, but no one else in the family really seemed interested in going for a ride. Can't say that I blame them much. As bad as the exterior looked, the interior was worse. Green growth on the carpet, broken windshield, cracked plastic dash, holes drilled in the dash pad, smashed radio with buttons missing, missing trim, sun-bleached door panels that were filthy, broken door handles, ripped seats, mouse nest in the back, and a very hard to ignore smell.
sackman9975 likes this.
post #52 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 10:25 PM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Have you ever jumped in your new toy and "snap" something breaks?

That's what happened to me almost immediately after we brought it home. Stupid door handle! (Stand by, because it won't be the last time I had to replace the same one.)

While I was ordering parts, I got a set of new door pins, which fixed the sagging driver's door.

While I was working on that, my helper was... umm, I'm not sure what he was doing here, except playing in the water.

A good friend sent me an original door emblem, and we couldn't resist taping it on for a quick preview of what the finished truck was going to look like.

Finally I had a truck that started and drove straight, and had most of the Mississippi mold washed off. It was starting to look decent.

But that interior was still terrible.

That was the next thing that I wanted to address. When you looked at the old interior, it was really hard to decide where to start. But the decision was made for me when I went to one of the local junkyards & found a '96 F150 with a nice dash to replace the cracked on in mine.

Honestly, I had no idea how difficult it was to pull & skin a dash. Like most who try this without knowing what to do, I did it the hard way. It took me all day to get the dash out of mine, and of course it was July and I think we were setting new heat records.

With the old dash out of mine, and an understanding of how to do it easier the second time, as well as what tools I needed, I went back to the junkyard and pulled the dash from the F150. Then I retreated back to the garage to disassemble both dashes, and replaced the plastic skin on mine.

The new dash wasn't faded nearly as much as my old one, and had a nice pad on the passenger side. Definitely a worthy upgrade, even at the cost of 2 days of heat stroke.

MUCH much better! But I still had quite a way to go. I eventually replaced most of the interior, but it took quite a while to find the nice used parts. I'll update you on the interior project later, but to keep my story on track, the next thing I did was more exterior work.

And I have to tell you that at this point, I promised my wife & myself that all I was going to do was preserve the "bones" of the truck, which meant getting it straight & in driving condition so it could be moved around while in storage at the family farm. My intentions were to basically store this thing until it was eligible for antique plates.

post #53 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 05:32 AM
Crusher Mike

So I grew up in Oregon so I drove the bronco back to go hunting hereís a little hells canyon.

Just a few but trying to keep it going
post #54 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:03 AM

Garage
I thought since my rig is all stock, it might be a good idea to list some of the mods I am planning in the future.

I am going to build my motor up and a suspension and braking system that can handle about 450-500hp.

Here are some of the parts I am going to use:

E303 cam
roller rockers
Aluminum heads
11/1 -13/1 compression
Bilstein or Rancho Supspension upgrade
Wilwood or Brembo 4 piston brakes. I really like the Wilwood 4 piston with the red brakecaliper. I Think it would look pretty trick with the red rancho Shocks

Why lie, when I crank up, I want heads to turn. I remember when my pops had a 68' Camaro with a 383 stroker. It had the aluminum radiator with the electric fan you switched on before you crank it, and I always thought that was cool as shit.

Also, if you vote for me, I'll send you an autographed copy of my new book, "Confessions of An Bronco Addict."

[IMG][/IMG]
BigBlue 94 likes this.

1989 Ford Bronco 4x4 351
100% original

Last edited by PoppaGator; 07-12-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: trying to insert pic
post #55 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 12:02 PM

Garage
A couple of snap shots

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

1989 Ford Bronco 4x4 351
100% original
post #56 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:54 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Happy Thursday everyone I almost forgot to post today xD

One of the major improvements I have done where there is no denying that I didnt wasted some money on is my night vision. I had a little bit of a shopping list ready to check out at Amazon but its just there so I can get alerts on price changes on items from the cart, one of these was the "Spec-D Tuning" headlights

I seen there was about a $50 drop in pricing but they where not exactly the ones I wanted since I liked more the black housing ones but I still ordered them with plans or doing a light smoke tint on them in the future, the lights it came with we're just regular H3 bulbs for the low beam projector so I went ahead and ordered that day too a replacement set using a H3 HID kit from Kensus, using a projector with HID is very very nice Vision n you don't blind cars coming your way. Taking the old lights completely out was what took the longest many clips n hard to get to screws with my fat hands lol

Old headlights completely pulled out

Here's some more pics and guess what I finally also install a curved 32 inch light bar hahaha

It was a cheap one from "Mictuning" but it lights up what the projector hids can't.

Used a Dremel to cut out the center grilled support and pretty much pop right in after some careful trimming 😉

Sorry if I posted too many pics for this upgraded lol. I really would of like more some projectors in the original style lights but I would of end up spending more $$$ and time

Vote here for your Hot Next Door Bronco

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...vote-here.html
post #57 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 03:06 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Here you can see the difference between light bar off and light bar on.

Vote here for your Hot Next Door Bronco

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...vote-here.html
post #58 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 08:23 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
It was really bothering me that the Bronco didn't look like it was supposed to, and the 20-year-old unused door seal that my friend sent me put the bug in my head to get the proper markings back on the truck. I knew that if I did that, I was limiting how much I'd be using it in the next few years, as it's slightly frowned upon to drive a privately-owned, fully marked police vehicle on public roads. But there was/is hope, since a vague Illinois law allows antique emergency vehicles to be fully marked and driven on the roads, if they are registered antique vehicles. I just had to wait until it was 25-years-old to do any serious driving. That, or cover any permanent marking with painter's tape while driving it on the highways.

So I made the decision to go ahead and mark it now, and just use it sparingly for the next few years. Additionally, I keep it in a very rural area, and it's not as prominent as driving through downtown Chicago.

A friend who owns a graphics business took careful measurements, lots of photos, and made exact reproductions of the original stickers. Then he scanned my original emblem and printed a few copies on 3M reflective material, so it was reflective as the original. I had two complete sets of decals made, plus we kept the files for future use, if needed.

Maybe it was a little premature to put the stickers on at that point, but it was really cheap, and I had an extra set to use when I did I full repaint. So we went ahead and marked it up, just for fun!

Ok, now all the other stuff really bothers me! So I started looking for some of the odds & ends that I needed to replace.
First was the tailgate trim, which was missing the black insert. I looked for a while and finally found a pretty nice replacement (those things are expensive! And it's hard to find one that's not dented or scratched!).

When I took off the old one, I was not happy to see that the government mechanics had taken a short-cut when they last got into the tailgate to repair it. At this point, it seemed like everything I did just lead to another project!
(Incidentally, the tailgate glass would not go down. There's another project!)

But it looked better with the new trim on. And I eventually made a cover for the hole that was hidden by the trim panel.

Ebay shopping also led me to a new leather-wrapped steering wheel and airbag. My old wheel was bare & the airbag cover looked like someone had been carving their initials or something into it with a pocket knife.

Of course, I stumbled across more deals while I was spending money. The stock radio, which looked like it had been dragged behind the truck instead of sitting in the dash, just wasn't cutting it in a new, fresh dash. Yes, I could have bought an aftermarket one with all kinds of features and much better performance, but my purpose was to put this truck back to the way it was when I drove it, not to modify it. So I found another stock Ford radio to replace the old, and it looks much better. (The only thing is that this version didn't have the clock display. I need to eventually find the correct one. Any leads???)

Even though my truck looks pretty stock, it's been a lot of work. Lots of little things have been replaced, all with stock parts in much better condition.

post #59 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 04:46 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Contestants,
I am perplexed!
I'm in a moment or rather days trapped by the inability to make an effective decision. I understand that it may be relatively easy for others here, but I am suffering from decision fatigue. "Psychologists who’ve studied decision fatigue have found that it can cause anything from indecisiveness to impulse purchases" such as Super Chevy Magazine!

"Because humans have a finite reserve of mental energy on a given day, when it’s exhausted we either make poor decisions or avoid making them altogether. And in this day and age of long hours, overflowing inboxes, and packed calendars, it’s no wonder we’re depleting these mental reserves more quickly than we can replenish them for optimal decision making."*

So, help me through this please!
BTW, I accept bribes.

*Shamefully plagiarized from Melody Wilding

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/

Last edited by miesk5; 07-13-2018 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Removed bribe amount needed
post #60 of 149 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 05:31 PM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
Yo Contestants,
I am perplexed!
I'm in a moment or rather days trapped by the inability to make an effective decision. I understand that it may be relatively easy for others here, but I am suffering from decision fatigue. "Psychologists whoíve studied decision fatigue have found that it can cause anything from indecisiveness to impulse purchases" such as Super Chevy Magazine!

"Because humans have a finite reserve of mental energy on a given day, when itís exhausted we either make poor decisions or avoid making them altogether. And in this day and age of long hours, overflowing inboxes, and packed calendars, itís no wonder weíre depleting these mental reserves more quickly than we can replenish them for optimal decision making."*

So, help me through this please!
BTW, I accept bribes.

*Shamefully plagiarized from Melody Wilding

Well, anybody from Coronado should deeply appreciate what the BP did to turn around the mess that Imperial Beach and the Silver Strand used to be. From 1996-2001, H6230 was a part of that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode