Suggestion Box For FOTM - Page 18 - Ford Bronco Forum
 232Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #341 of 352 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:11 PM
--------------

Bronco Info: '96 XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quader1 View Post
Also another thing I do is I have about 12/ea copies of this flyer FSB Flyer in each of my vehicles.... any time I see another FSB I do my best to throw one under the windshield wiper if in a parking lot or wherever. It's black and white so easy on your printer... also if you cut them you can get 2/ea out of one...

Nice Flyer...
Although it does need "Updating" to show the Current FOTY Winner,,,, Oh, Wait,

THAT'S YOU !!!!

Later, Dragon
Quader1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 352 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:17 PM
--------------

Bronco Info: '96 XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_cam View Post
I can appreciate how much time it takes to run in fotm and to run fotm itself

Yeah,,,, If I recall correctly.

@Quader1 won his FOTM run in January.
Then was Invited to be a Moderator in like March or something. (After his Win)

It would have been Unfortunate had he bowed away from a Well Deserved chance to run for FOTY.....

Just Sayin'
Dragon
post #343 of 352 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 11:24 PM
89 Problems

Bronco Info: 1989 with MAF 351w, D60 front w/ARB, 14 Bolt rear W/ARB, c6, 1356, 40s, Cage arms, etc
Garage
Quote:
Very well said @cstrike

I think @itwasFREE!!!! is right on the money !!! not only do we need members help here in the forum, but also outside help to bring in members (old and new).

For example I have been pimping the contest on FSB's FB page.... not spamming them but just mentioning to go check it out and vote, or pimping the BD magazine spread to get nominees.
Not sure who is running that page on FB but they have 1600 members and could probably use some admin help to revive it as well. there isn't too much activity there either for having that many members.

Been as we don't have any kind of advertising budget we have to depend on word of mouth, and pimping as much here as possible with new members, also as @BikerPepe` has done on his signature.

We are working on some things but is very slow moving!!!

we will not fail

Later
it would be pretty great if we could get the facebook bronco groups onto the forum. there are so many people out there on social media that probably visit this site whenever they google for help with their truck. we need to find a way to funnel them onto the page. I belong to probably 6 or more bronco groups on FB, all filled with people who just talk broncos all day. the fullsizebronco.com FB page... who runs it? is it one of us that we can get in touch with? if not, should we start a new one? I know this isn't directly related to FOTM but it's relevant to getting more votes and more potential trucks on the page!

also, maybe a way we could split it into classes is do a month of "mild" and then a month of "wild," and have competitors only compete without spreading out the field too thin. just an idea.

let me know how I can help, boys. I have a lot on my plate but i'd be willing to help out if y'all need something done.
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.

I know you believe you understood what you think I said
but I am not sure you realize that what you heard
is not what I meant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #344 of 352 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 02:54 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
Well so far all we have managed to do in this time so far is get the FOTM auto bump feature extended to 3 weeks (before it was 6 days) they are working on a couple of other things that hopefully won’t take too much longer.
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.
post #345 of 352 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 05:13 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
Couple of updates on FOTM and other news. We were able to get control of that FB Page I was mentioning earlier. There are 1600 members or former members on there. We have been posting up there a few weeks now and I know a few have been coming here and just starting to get more active. We will keep plugging away at it.

Been as we’re full already this month what do you guys think of having a thread to talk to contestants without interfering with the actual competition itself ?

Say if someone wants to know about an upgrade or something to that effect? .... this way instead of deleting posts I could just move them and keep the competition thread clean and also maybe generate more interest all around..

We’re still trying to get other changes that we’re mentioned before ironed out as well.
post #346 of 352 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 05:21 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
@Happster that is the FB Page I talked about in my last post. You could help by helping make it active (posting up pics and such)and if someone there you could help shoot them a link from here that has an answer for them and will drive traffic this way (the end goal) I think really with no advertising budget this is a great way to get back members and generate new ones and have some fun in the process.
itwasFREE!!!! and Happster like this.
post #347 of 352 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 05:28 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Quote:
Couple of updates on FOTM and other news. We were able to get control of that FB Page I was mentioning earlier. There are 1600 members or former members on there. We have been posting up there a few weeks now and I know a few have been coming here and just starting to get more active. We will keep plugging away at it.

Been as we’re full already this month what do you guys think of having a thread to talk to contestants without interfering with the actual competition itself ?

Say if someone wants to know about an upgrade or something to that effect? .... this way instead of deleting posts I could just move them and keep the competition thread clean and also maybe generate more interest all around..

We’re still trying to get other changes that we’re mentioned before ironed out as well.
I think a separate FOTM/Y Q and A thread during the contest is a great way to keep the contest Thread "Content Specific" easier to read and watch, all the while a great place for contestants to answer questions regarding their rigs as well as members to chit chat about what they are seeing. Something like a play by play. Anybody else have an opinion?
BigBlue 94, Happster and Quader1 like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to our Addiction, where counseling consist of admitting the problem is you and your Bronco is the Cure!
Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
post #348 of 352 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 05:30 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L, 4" BDS radius arm lift, 35x12.5's, Bassani headers, K&N CAI, Warn manual hubs
I like it!
itwasFREE!!!! and Quader1 like this.

post #349 of 352 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 12:08 PM
89 Problems

Bronco Info: 1989 with MAF 351w, D60 front w/ARB, 14 Bolt rear W/ARB, c6, 1356, 40s, Cage arms, etc
Garage
Quote:
@Happster that is the FB Page I talked about in my last post. You could help by helping make it active (posting up pics and such)and if someone there you could help shoot them a link from here that has an answer for them and will drive traffic this way (the end goal) I think really with no advertising budget this is a great way to get back members and generate new ones and have some fun in the process.
Will do!
Quader1 likes this.

I know you believe you understood what you think I said
but I am not sure you realize that what you heard
is not what I meant
post #350 of 352 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 12:21 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Garage
To give an example of the impact this could have on FSB I did a little test.

The last day of last months competition I Check how many people where viewing the FOTM thread and the number was 5

I then posted up links in all the BKO FB pages I belong to stating “this is the last day to vote and these guys deserve your support “ or something to that effect. Within an hour there were over 260 people viewing that same thread on FSB.

I know we can’t keep them all , and all weren’t members but who knows how many it could bring over time that will be permanent residence here.

The more members that do this sort of thing the faster it will grow. On these type of forums is like if it’s not growing then it’s shrinking there really is no middle ground.
BikerPepe` and BigBlue 94 like this.
post #351 of 352 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 03:12 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '96 XLT 5.0L manual hubs, 4" Rancho lift, rock sliders, relocated shock mounts, original USBP vehicl
Garage
Here's a suggestion for anyone interested in competing:

Several people have mentioned that they really were unprepared for the amount of material it takes & just didn't have the time to be part of the F.O.T.M. contest. It really does take a lot (especially the F.O.T.Y), but there's no reason you can't be an active participant even when life's responsibilities start overwhelming your month. All it takes is a little preparation.

Most people post every 2-3 days during a contest period. The most ambitious will even post daily, or several times a day, but that's quite a bit and a great way to possibly lose the readers' interest and/or run out of material halfway through. Personally, I think averaging a post every other day is perfect, with a handful of extras near the end to really increase the excitement (and pressure on the other guys).

An ideal solution, and one that helped me, was to write your story before the contest begins, and break it up into 10, 15 or even 20 segments. You don't have to post every day & not every post has to be a novel. It's quite acceptable to describe a more complex aspect of your Bronco story (such as a mod, rebuild, long adventure, etc.) in several posts. Writing them all in advance gives you the advantage of sticking to an outline, and gives you a chance to review your entire story as a whole, and making it flow & more readable. I wrote all my posts out as individual MSWord documents and kept them in a folder on my desktop.

You can also plan what photos to use & where to place them in the story. I would cut & paste the link from my photo-hosting website into my pre-written paragraphs. Later, you can always change them or add more where you think it's needed. It's good to have lots of pictures, but you don't have to go crazy. Honestly, too many pictures are not a good idea; no one wants to see 800 photos of a half-day trail ride. Others may have different opinions, but I think 2-4 photos in a post is a nice amount. You can always mix-in a few posts that are more photos than text to add some variety.

Approaching it this way made it very simple to go to "Day 4" or whatever I labeled a segment, copy the entire thing (text & photo links all in one swoop) and then paste into a post. Bam! It can literally take a minute or two every few days & you could even do it on your phone during a break from work. I emailed a few days' worth to myself when I was going to be away for the weekend, & then everything was on my phone. If you have more time, you can "tweek" your posts to respond to people's questions or the general direction the "conversation" of the contest is going that month. But if you don't have time, or don't want to, you're already set.

All this assumes you'll put a night or two of serious work into preparing before the contest begins. That's not as hard as it sounds, either. The best writing is a good story, and that means everything progresses in a logical order. The best way to do that is to create & follow an outline. That may sound daunting, but it really isn't. Once you have an outline, you write posts that follow the story progression that you've laid out.

I hope this helps someone & maybe encourages a few who don't think they'll have time to get online and write a long, detailed post every night for a month. The contest does take some commitment, but just because you "think you will be too busy" doesn't mean you can't plan ahead & still participate successfully.

Last edited by Ghosteh; 02-13-2019 at 03:16 PM.
post #352 of 352 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
Question

Hi all, Is there any way to "update" the "Future F.O.T.M. Open to all Nominee Wanna-be!!!" ? It seems that most of the members on there have not been active in quite a while.

Thanks in advance,
Allcruisen

VOTE For FOTM !!!

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode