PMF Superduty S/R Kit - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
ate lug

Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
Garage
PMF Superduty S/R Kit

Technically this isn't a bronco, and technically its already had a D60 in it for ~10 years now, but I thought id post it up anyways, in case others were thinking of ordering it.

This is the new Superduty Shackle Reversal kit for 92-97 F350s offered by Precision Metal Fabrication. I purchased this to replace the Sky 3.5" Shackle Reversal I have been running since 2005. Why you ask? Because my F350 leafs, from 1995 were pretty much worn out, and the SD leafs ride better, that's why

The new kit, ready to be installed. I ordered their 2.25" lift kit, with the optional tow points & front receiver.

I think its pretty nicely built, and the welds are superb. This kit was designed primarily for the diesel crowd, is designed to fit around the 6.0 PSD intercooler, and comes with tons of different ways to bolt to the frame to make install as painless as possible, regardless of whats under the hood/behind the grill.

My 'new' leafs, next to my old ones. Specifically theyse are X-Codes, which not everyone likes, but they were cheap ($30 for the pair), and are arched enough to add the additional lift I needed to clear my 37s. Also: They ride a tad better than my old leafs do, despite being a much higher spring rate.

Shows how much farther forward the front spring eye goes. Also, tight clearances around OEM bumper

the lift ended up pretty much right where I was before, which was exactly what I was hoping for. So the X-codes add ~1" lift over the more popular SD leafs.

I swapped it in in two afternoons after work, it was easier than the old Sky kit as it uses existing holes in the frame whereas the Sky kit I had to drill a ton of holes.
I finished it ~ a month ago now, and id say it rides a tad better than it did before. the springs are stiff, but I can feel the suspension working more than it did with my 95 F350 leafs. Add in all new tracbar & swaybar bushings, and its a cornering mofo now

88bronco: web / FSB || 96 bronco: web / FSB || 96 F250: web / FSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 04:20 PM

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
Is there some kind of bushing through the frame where those bolts go through? I like the front reciever.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
ate lug

Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
Garage
No, because theyre not thru-bolts. They only bolt to one wall of the frame, so no bushing/sleeve required. That bolt in the middle might look like it passes thru to the outside of the frame but it doesn't.

Yeah I wanted a front receiver anyway, this just made it that much easier as I didn't have to fab it myself

88bronco: web / FSB || 96 bronco: web / FSB || 96 F250: web / FSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 12:30 PM

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptillikus View Post
No, because theyre not thru-bolts. They only bolt to one wall of the frame, so no bushing/sleeve required. That bolt in the middle might look like it passes thru to the outside of the frame but it doesn't.
I see. Thats cool. Defiantly looks like quality stuff.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 05:41 PM

Bronco Info: 1986 f150. 302/AOD. 6" on 35s
How will so you think these hangers would work on a bronco/f150 SAS? I just don't trust my fab skills enough to builds a hanger that will hold the weight of the truck when wheeling. I would feel much safer with a pre fabbed set of hangers then the ones that would come from my novice fabrication. Iver heard that the sky kit wouldn't be a great idea., anyone got any opinions on this one? The receiver and tow points are a plus too. Sorry go the hi jack. Truck looks good and it los like a real quality kit for it's intended use.

Last edited by MudSlt; 05-28-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Solid Axle Swaps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode