Death Valley Poker Run - March 22-25, 2013 - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Banned

Bronco Info: 1989 bronco xlt. 302, AOD. Dana 44 SAS. ruffstuff "y" steering deaver coils,
hey i never said i wouldnt pitch in on food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM
RAAAAAH!

Bronco Info: '90 FSB, SAS'ed, locked, geared, caged, gutted, built and filthy
Having a meet and greet sometime before the trip is a great idea.

I hope we have time before the trip to do so

302 roller, GT40 heads, E-fan, off-road cam, headers, 35x14.5 Pitbull Bias Rockers, 10" aluminum wheels, 4.56 gears, rear Detroit Locker, front Truetrac, built AOD, Kodiak auto steps, custom exhaust, full 2" DOM cage, PRP reclining suspension seats and harness, D44 SAS, 1.5" DOM/heim steering, Deaver coils, Bilstein 7100 14", F350 brakes
post #63 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Certified Asshat

Bronco Info: Dentside Bronco & '04 Excursion XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4_mafia_jon View Post
hey i never said i wouldnt pitch in on food.
Messing with you. Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Having a meet and greet sometime before the trip is a great idea.

I hope we have time before the trip to do so
Gee, I wonder if we can fit one in between now and then...

I'm planning to do the Mojave Road with you in October (haven't seen an update on that recently), so that would qualify as a M&G.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 5.8 sold,1991 XLT 5.8, 1982 F150 4x4 5.0
I think a couple weeks before the trip(when we really know who'll make it, and who won't) we should plan the food list. I think a m&g would be a good idea, get everyone on the same page.

This sounds like a boy scout camping trip now!
post #65 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Certified Asshat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyroc14 View Post
I think a couple weeks before the trip(when we really know who'll make it, and who won't) we should plan the food list. I think a m&g would be a good idea, get everyone on the same page.

This sounds like a boy scout camping trip now!
We could probably make it easier than that... since decisions by committee absolutely SUCK, just suggest meal plan. Let people comment/object/accept and move on.

And yes, it sounds like a patrol meeting.
post #66 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Banned

Bronco Info: 1989 bronco xlt. 302, AOD. Dana 44 SAS. ruffstuff "y" steering deaver coils,
from looking at the plans it seems day 4 breakfast would be the last group meal of the trip.

so that would be
day one
dinner

day 2
all meals

day 3
all meals

day 4
breakfast and split ways.

we can wait till more people pay up and commit(me included) but make three groups of people. and have each group make dinner for one of the nights.(other two groups clean).

that will cover most of the expense.

as whole group we will come to an agreement on what kind of lunch and breakfast to buy.

drinks are on everyone to bring.

how does this look?

this is how we do it when we have "the shop" camping trips. seem to work out good.
post #67 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 03:25 PM

Bronco Info: 87 FSB, Tru-Trac, Eaton Posi, built 306, MAF, 4" Pro Comp, 33" BFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyweasel View Post

Gee, I wonder if we can fit one in between now and then...

I'm planning to do the Mojave Road with you in October (haven't seen an update on that recently), so that would qualify as a M&G.
Not sure how much time I will have between now and Mojave, gonna spend most of my free time working on my rig installing parts I bought a year ago and ensuring my rig is reliable, so Mojave road is a great idea.
post #68 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 03:27 PM

Well this is all getting complicated. I can survive off of Burgers an dogs. I think it would be kind of cool to actually have some good eating tho!!! Steaks, chili, that monster bacon thing that salt life did (see FOTM June) and what not for me, lunch is the least important. Just sandwiches, or hot dogs. Breakfast and dinner should kick ass. Since we'll be camped as well, we'll have everything set up to make a solid meal.

As for me, I'm gonna make pb&j sandwiches!! :)
post #69 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well this is all getting complicated. I can survive off of Burgers an dogs. I think it would be kind of cool to actually have some good eating tho!!! Steaks, chili, that monster bacon thing that salt life did (see FOTM June) and what not for me, lunch is the least important. Just sandwiches, or hot dogs. Breakfast and dinner should kick ass. Since we'll be camped as well, we'll have everything set up to make a solid meal.

As for me, I'm gonna make pb&j sandwiches!! :)
big meals lead to shitting on rocks. lol

dude i hear you idk if i even think about lunch when im out wheeling..
thats what chips are for.

so would you say its a good bet to just say we split it in three groups..

each one takes 1st and last meal of the day?
post #70 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 03:42 PM

Bronco Info: 87 FSB, Tru-Trac, Eaton Posi, built 306, MAF, 4" Pro Comp, 33" BFG
Yeah, I don't think the food thing will be that complicated. Like stated before, let's see how many are actually going, we will figure it out from there.

I kind of like the idea of separating food/cooking duties. Saves room in the Bronco. We could all just pack for ourselves, but kind of takes away part of the fun of the trip.

As for spare parts...what are suggestions? First, I guess we need to have rough vehicle stats....

I plan on bringing a spare starter, starter relay, alternator, fuses, assorted nuts and bolts, serpentine belt, Shiftster...these won't take up much room, and I've had them all fail at one time or another (except electric t-case motor - lucky there so far). Mine's a 5.0, though...does the same starter work on 5.8? For you guys rocking 400s (Speedy), I'm pretty sure that won't be the case.

I have an emergency medical kit, but I'm sure it's not perfect. All bandages, etc, are fresh, though.
post #71 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Bronco" John Galt View Post
Yeah, I don't think the food thing will be that complicated. Like stated before, let's see how many are actually going, we will figure it out from there.

I kind of like the idea of separating food/cooking duties. Saves room in the Bronco. We could all just pack for ourselves, but kind of takes away part of the fun of the trip.

As for spare parts...what are suggestions? First, I guess we need to have rough vehicle stats....

I plan on bringing a spare starter, starter relay, alternator, fuses, assorted nuts and bolts, serpentine belt, Shiftster...these won't take up much room, and I've had them all fail at one time or another (except electric t-case motor - lucky there so far). Mine's a 5.0, though...does the same starter work on 5.8? For you guys rocking 400s (Speedy), I'm pretty sure that won't be the case.

I have an emergency medical kit, but I'm sure it's not perfect. All bandages, etc, are fresh, though.
sweet that means i dont have to take spare shit lol jk

post #72 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 07:21 PM

Well I don't have any spare shit :( I'll have to make a trip to the Junkyard soon.
post #73 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Banned

So just watched the episode! Im so pumped!. I don't see anything we can't handle in the episode. I already know the dunes are going to be a real pain in the ass. But still I can't wait
post #74 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 03:04 AM

post #75 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Certified Asshat

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Bronco" John Galt View Post

What we'll do is assemble a list of how many vehicles are going in each "generation" and then start working up a list of who has spare what. Right now, that's simple... only Jereme and Tullio have signed up When we get closer, I will start the list. Too much is going to change between now and March -- Jereme will doubtless end up using all those parts he currently has in reserve because, well, his rig hates him.

Quote:
sweet that means i dont have to take spare shit lol jk

Don't worry. Jereme will "let" you haul some of his spare shit.

Quote:
Well I don't have any spare shit :( I'll have to make a trip to the Junkyard soon.
You've got just a little bit of time.

Quote:
So just watched the episode! Im so pumped!. I don't see anything we can't handle in the episode. I already know the dunes are going to be a real pain in the ass. But still I can't wait
Where'd you find it? It was removed from YouTube for copyright violation. If you have a link, share it and I'll put it in the first post.

Quote:
I'll bring the Jim beam!
psh. I'll bring some Jack Single Barrel and/or the MacAllan.
post #76 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Banned

found it on an app called jetflix

it cost some money but its really cool
post #77 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 08:46 PM

Bronco Info: '89, 351W, C-6, Dana 60 rear swap, Chevy 8 lug conversion up front, sag conversion 37" Parnelli's.
Speedy...just emailed you my info...

I'll have spares for the 87-91 crew.

Let the preparation begin!

“La la la, I can’t hear you, La la la , It works just fine, La la la!!!

Chromo says:
It is dry as a popcorn fart.
post #78 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 PM

Bronco Info: '89, 351W, C-6, Dana 60 rear swap, Chevy 8 lug conversion up front, sag conversion 37" Parnelli's.
Quote:

Just bought the episode off Amazon for $1.99. Totally worth it. I agree unless we find the same way through they did, those dunes will be a PITA.

Chromo says:
post #79 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 07:02 PM
B350 built at THE SHOP

Bronco Info: 94 Eddie Bauer. 1ton with a detroit in rear and a powerlock in front and 4.88's turning 37" STT's
Are the dunes really that big or soft? What kind of rigs were they in? Secret to sand, SINGLE digit pressure and SKINNY PEDAL TO THE FLOOR and you can always take a good angle.

CHROMO SAYS
BITCHES BE HATING WHEN YOU'RE AT THE TOP
post #80 of 306 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 07:13 PM

I'll see if I can post a screen shot..

Chromo says:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > West Coast Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode