DO NOT take your bronco to world famous 4x4 - Ford Bronco Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By notposimatt
  • 1 Post By cobrajoe
  • 1 Post By 91FordGuy
  • 1 Post By LVSteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1989 5.8 lt. 2 inch leveler. 33in tires nothing special.
DO NOT take your bronco to world famous 4x4

Hey all

I am sorry If this is not the right place to post this.

I have an 89 xlt bronco that I have had for nearly 20 years. As many of you know how attached we get to these trucks, I felt like I owed it to my truck to try and redo it.

I had to gone to world famous 4x4 in Burbank,CA before for some small things like tires and wheels. After taking time to think things over I decided to get work done by them. I dropped of my truck 1/3/2018 and gave them a $10k deposit and was told it would be done in May 2018. They didn't even start working on it until April 2018. I had a rebuilt engine put in and a 4 inch lift. After the lift and engine were done he decided he wanted to paint it , but didn't even mask off anything so there's overspray all over my new springs. The body work that was done is so bad one of the hole patches is already starting to come off. They built me a custom front bumper and powdercoated it before I had a chance to approve it, when I would bring up an issue he would talk to me like I'm an idiot and he's doing it the way he wants to...
The final nail in the coffin was after being told month after month were almost done and it's just easy stuff yet they hadn't started my rear custom bumper. When they finally started to work on the bumper i asked for some style changes to be made and was told to buy another bumper that takes 9 weeks to build. At this point I told them I wanted my truck back and they had a week to get it ready. When I picked it up they had done small cosmetic things, since my original email that they charged me for, but my truck was not even running correctly and died within 2 miles. I am doing everything in power to make sure this doesnt happen to anyone else. I have filed a complaint with the BAR and will follow up with the better business beauro. Henrik is a liar and a cheat and no one should trust him.
BigBlue 94 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:28 PM
rolling Rolling ROLLING....

Bronco Info: 98 TJ
never heard of them.

Tim

Newest token Jeep owner....

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:06 PM
Ford-a-Holic

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie-Bauer 5.8/1974 Bronco 351C
X 2, no idea
Weber likes this.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years

MY BUILD THREAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:10 PM

Bronco Info: 1981. 4 inch lift w/35s. Built 300/T-19. Sliding Windows. Custom Front and Rear Bumpers.
Garage
Wow, good to know! Sorry to hear about your bronco, that is such a shame that happened. I see these guys on instagram and you would never know that this is how they operate. Looks can be deceiving!
joshbronco likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:51 AM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT Sport 96 427w/e4od obd II Long tube's Solo stage 4 with Kings 35's & 4.88 Turetracs. RWHP/TQ
File on them with the Better Business Bureau, And the DMV
White Dragon likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:24 AM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.8L
Garage
World Famous and nobody has heard of em. Sorry to hear about your truck, I hope you get it all fixed. I have some great shops near me but don't know anyone in your area, sorry.

94 Bronco 5.8 EFI
JBA shorties, Flowmaster ypipe, flowmaster 40
4.56 w/ truetrac front and rear
E4OD push button 4wd, Warn manual lock hubs
33 x 12.5 w/ 4" Pro Comp stage 2
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:55 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT, 351W, E4OD/BW1356, BFG 33x12.5 KM2
I live in L.A. and never heard of 'em, and from the reviews I've read looks like they're jeep humpers, sorry for your bad experience, and thanks for the heads up. I hope it all works out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > West Coast Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode