Full Size FSB Invasion 2019 - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want an invasion sticker ?
Yes 16 80.00%
No 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

1993Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:13 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco
With FSB doing such a big event combined inside another event, the group needs to find someone to document the FSBs there. FSBs may not stand out when surrounded by tons of other Broncos. Documenting the FSBs in attendance can bring to the forefront those that might not get noticed otherwise. Everyone deserves acknowledgement of their hard work and dedication to the FSB group. Photographer(s), Videographers(s), and someone that can write magazine worthy copy would be needed. This is a historic time for us that we can't let slip by.

Also mentioned this in the Dixie Chapter, but those going from the East Coast to Moab their trip should be documented too. It would be great to organize those traveling into a group like tour to Moab, picking up additional Broncos along the way. Set a dedicated route thru the heart of America to Moab. Those North or South of the route could pick up the route and join the group. I know set dates of travel maybe hard for some but maybe just dates of travel as a guideline. Also traveling in a group would be helpful to those that have roadside troubles along the way.

I have done the Hot Rod Power Tour and it was a blast. Didn't know a soul but came away with many new friends. Just recently they came thru my town for the first time ever and to sit roadside as spectator was amazing to see so many pass thru the Prettiest Town in Dixie. Yes Sherman refused to burn down the town and gave it the name. No I don't see this as big as HRPT, but traveling in a group beats traveling alone on the long route anyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:13 AM
--------------

Bronco Info: '96 XL
Your interest in Participating sounds great @Blue1551

FYI
There will be a "Poll" coming out soon to try and "Narrow Down" the possible dates of the FSB Invasion.
People will be coming from all 4 Corners of the Country to attend this. (So far, NY, Va, Ga, Co, Az + ???)

Nobody wants to Wheel around the Jeeps. (Easter Week & Labor Day in Sept)
While some wouldn't mind going with the Early Broncos the Towns Resources can only bear so many people,
Plus this is all about the "Full Size Bronco".

So Far, 2 Dates "On the Table",

@Bronco Logic - September.
@Blue1551 - May.

Later,
Dragon
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.
post #43 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
I mentioned living near I70 because just about everyone coming from east of the Mississippi will be taking it into Colorado and then Utah. I believe it starts somewhere in VA.

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue 94 View Post
I mentioned living near I70 because just about everyone coming from east of the Mississippi will be taking it into Colorado and then Utah. I believe it starts somewhere in VA.
The idea of I70 is great. It does take a Northern path after St Louis and runs to Pittsburgh, PA. For the Southern folk I64 runs all the way from St. Louis to Norfolk, VA. St. Louis sounds like a good point of congregation for those coming from the East Coast. For the SouthEastern folks there are many good North-South Routes to connect to I64 before St. Louis.
post #45 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 11:11 AM
--------------

Quote:
I agree! I would thoroughly enjoy seeing this, and joining the convoy for a little bit.

If the need for help arises I'm 15 minutes off I70 in NE KS. I've got plenty of tools for repairs, including a welder, lathe, and plasma cutter. Not sure I'm mentally qualified to run Moab, as ive never ever been on the slick rock. And i dont get much vacation time, so prolly won't be joining. I do know of a member out in Grand Junction CO (40 ish miles from utah on I70) that could also help if needed, and a member in central KS that's not far from I70. He is near McPherson College, where the best of the best go to learn the automotive trade. There is a 4wp in Kansas City, Denver, and Pueblo if parts are needed along the way. We have two smaller off road shops here in Topeka as well.

@BigBlue 94
Thats the Beauty of @deathmobile2 idea about "Next Year" planning.
You can put in for Vacation early,
Would'nt it be Great to go do Moab???

Heck man, make and load up some of those "Catch Cans" and Knobs, Trims and stuff and come Sell them.
You Know People Need & Want them "Things of Beauty".

Mental Qualifications?
You OWN a Bronco, You CAN do this.

We would sure like to see you there.
Later,
Dragon
post #46 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 11:27 AM
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Heaven View Post
With FSB doing such a big event combined inside another event, the group needs to find someone to document the FSBs there. FSBs may not stand out when surrounded by tons of other Broncos. Documenting the FSBs in attendance can bring to the forefront those that might not get noticed otherwise. Everyone deserves acknowledgement of their hard work and dedication to the FSB group. Photographer(s), Videographers(s), and someone that can write magazine worthy copy would be needed. This is a historic time for us that we can't let slip by.

Also mentioned this in the Dixie Chapter, but those going from the East Coast to Moab their trip should be documented too. It would be great to organize those traveling into a group like tour to Moab, picking up additional Broncos along the way. Set a dedicated route thru the heart of America to Moab. Those North or South of the route could pick up the route and join the group. I know set dates of travel maybe hard for some but maybe just dates of travel as a guideline. Also traveling in a group would be helpful to those that have roadside troubles along the way.

I have done the Hot Rod Power Tour and it was a blast. Didn't know a soul but came away with many new friends. Just recently they came thru my town for the first time ever and to sit roadside as spectator was amazing to see so many pass thru the Prettiest Town in Dixie. Yes Sherman refused to burn down the town and gave it the name. No I don't see this as big as HRPT, but traveling in a group beats traveling alone on the long route anyday.

@Hillbilly Heaven
Yes Sir,
This Meet Up will be what we the "Full Size Bronco" crowd Makes it.

Trying to Showcase the "Full Size Bronco" and Our Club, is a big part of trying to help Co-ordinate this.
well that And go Wheeling in Moab.

You are so Right about the Need for Documenting, Pictures, Writings and All.
Would You be willing to come on out to Moab and Help with that?

Plus you get to Wheel in Moab with a bunch of "Full Sizers".

I Know,,,, Sounds Great Right?
Dragon
post #47 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 11:32 AM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
The problem lies in only getting 5 days of vacation time per year, plus five sick days. Though I could take more, it's tough on the business for me to be gone too long. You never know though, I change my mind frequently. I have plenty of trail experience on a atv, but little other than back roads in the bronco.

Ugh don't remind me of those fab projects I'm waaay behind on. With both my truck getting a trans swap and the bronco getting the engine rebuilt, my boat needing finished with a re-power, and work, I'm pulling hairs to stay afloat!

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #48 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 05:05 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent one View Post
I've watched enough video's to get a feeling of the place. I get the traction level is totally different that what's on the east coast.
I've watch trails that even though I see vehicles walk right up these crazy hills, I want nothing to do with it, haha. Seems there are plenty of trails that have everything I need without doing anything I don't feel comfortable doing.
Quote:

Quote:
The problem lies in only getting 5 days of vacation time per year, plus five sick days. Though I could take more, it's tough on the business for me to be gone too long. You never know though, I change my mind frequently. I have plenty of trail experience on a atv, but little other than back roads in the bronco.

Ugh don't remind me of those fab projects I'm waaay behind on. With both my truck getting a trans swap and the bronco getting the engine rebuilt, my boat needing finished with a re-power, and work, I'm pulling hairs to stay afloat!

Spread the word, spread it far, spread wide, coast to coast, border to border, There's another Stampede comin to Moab and it is the FULL SIZE BRONCO KIND.

I just had to!!!! Anyways @Quader1 said it best which hits home with alot of us, in fact in my story when I ran for FOTY I claimed I built my Bronco to Drive coast to coast to the trail and back! Id love to have the resources to have a trailer to haul it, but the reality is I am just a blue collar Bronco driver and driving is what I do!

@BigBlue 94 you definitely have a capable rig for Moab, your statement "Mentally Qualified" is over stated. All you need is your experience off roading your rig, a good Spotter and you will do just fine. The rock is sticky its not picky who it lets climb it. Its point n go, easy on the skinny pedal n your up.

@silent one the dragon is currently looking into knowledgeable spotters in the Utah area to help us out. But though my motto is no mercy to the paint or body I still don't head into a trail willing to bash it against the rocks. But if a mishap should happen I am not going to lose any sleep over it. unless of coarse the damage is going to make for a long ride home with the CEO, then I might lose some sleep, hair and a chunk out of my behind. But I totally understand where your coming from. I think though the trail for you would be Fins n Things. It would be a happy medium and still keep you in your comfort zone just on the edge though.

@Hillbilly Heaven You are absolutely right it should or must be well Documented from point A to point Z and everything in between. Our club has the luxury of having a writer from Bronco Driver Magazine in it. I have yet to ask him, so not sure if that is available to us just yet. Or if we gave him some detailed content that he could get it printed in the Magazine, that in and of itself would be over the top cool. However if you have experience in that area, are available and willing to help out, it would be greatly appreciated. We have a number of club members who do outstanding Photography and Video.

So help us everyone, throw out a spectrum of dates that might work for you. as soon as we have that, then we can start a poll. pick a date, and post a link to some lodging so we can all secure our reservations for a Epic FULLSIZE Bronco Invasion Roundup in Moab.
BigBlue 94, White Dragon and Axl like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to our Addiction, where counseling consist of admitting the problem is you and your Bronco is the Cure!
Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
post #49 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Im waiting on this engine to get done so I can build up a stock of pics and experience. Lol Like you, I can "ghost ride my whip", no skinny pedal involved... and it's a manual trans. 78 to 1 crawl ratio is awesome! I can slip it in first and let out the clutch with zero throttle input.

Guess I better get to thinking about a roll cage...

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #50 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 07:43 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 with 127k miles, WARN Premium Hubs
Garage
Only 1600 miles for me....

Hmmmmm......... Suitable for a "stock" Bronco??
post #51 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 08:23 PM
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackman9975 View Post
Only 1600 miles for me....

Hmmmmm......... Suitable for a "stock" Bronco??

Absolutly YES, there are Trails for ALL, From Mild to Wild.

Here is the Link that @itwasFREE!!!! provided.
It Really puts my Trail Information pages into Perspective.
(Plus Others that were Not Listed)

Map - Trails Offroad

It Appears that we could put together some routes that Everyone could use,
as the "Heavy Hitters" would need to use some of the Easier Tracks to get to their "Play Ground" any way.

Scott,
It would be Great to see You Both (All) there.

Later,
Dragon
post #52 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 08:40 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 with 127k miles, WARN Premium Hubs
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
Absolutly YES, there are Trails for ALL, From Mild to Wild.

Here is the Link that @itwasFREE!!!! provided.
It Really puts my Trail Information pages into Perspective.
(Plus Others that were Not Listed)

Map - Trails Offroad

It Appears that we could put together some routes that Everyone could use,
as the "Heavy Hitters" would need to use some of the Easier Tracks to get to their "Play Ground" any way.

Scott,
It would be Great to see You Both (All) there.

Later,
Dragon
Yeah she's crossed it off her bucket list after Sedona maybe the boy and I could come! He would dig it.
White Dragon likes this.
post #53 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 09:08 PM

I don't know much about Moab other than what I have seen in pics and videos. Is there any type of camping allowed in the area? The wife and I have been shopping off road capable campers for some time and recently a company from Australia has started importing partial campers here to the states. They are completed in California with U.S. standard plumbing and electrical. This would be perfect for us if we could camp near by and use the camper as a base camp and then trail ride and site see during the day. Yes some of the easier trails.
https://www.blackseriescamper.com/hq19.html
post #54 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:35 PM
--------------

Quote:
I don't know much about Moab other than what I have seen in pics and videos. Is there any type of camping allowed in the area? The wife and I have been shopping off road capable campers for some time and recently a company from Australia has started importing partial campers here to the states. They are completed in California with U.S. standard plumbing and electrical. This would be perfect for us if we could camp near by and use the camper as a base camp and then trail ride and site see during the day. Yes some of the easier trails.

Yes Sir,
(Nice Rig in the Pic)

Kinda Funny,
@itwasFREE!!!! and I were talking about just that today.

Yes, there are a few options for camping, Including an area that is used for the red rock 4wheeler clubs "Rally Point"
It has Parking for All types of RV's, like 10 cabins (Primitive) w/ community showers / bath rooms and Camping Spots too.
(It sounds like a good "Bronco Camp / Meet up Spot" to me.)
Also there are other Remote Camping areas Around the Outskirts of Moab if someone want to have a little distance too.

@Quader1 and I were talking about other Lodging in the area also,
He says that there should be "No Problems" for people to get Motel, Hotel, or even Houses.

I'm sure they will both be Chimming in on this soon.

Later,
Dragon

*** EDIT
Quick Search,

https://utah.com/campgrounds/moab

END EDIT ***

Last edited by White Dragon; 06-20-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Add Link
post #55 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:54 PM

Thanks,
We would want to camp out where everyone else is. We enjoy the down time at night hanging out. Also it helps if anyone is having Bronco troubles.

Yeah it is either a great off-road camper with a 5 year structural warranty or a house. At our age and all the kids grown who needs a house LOL. Besides the kids would just fight over the house when we are gone.
post #56 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 12:32 AM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT Sport 96 427w/e4od obd II Long tube's Solo stage 4 with Kings 35's & 4.88 Turetracs. RWHP/TQ
Set the date. I will be there again.
Fuel tank skid plate upgrades are needed, Stock rear bumpers don't hold up

The Bronco safari is a good time ! I will be there too
post #57 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 10:17 AM
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcinu2 View Post
Set the date. I will be there again.
Fuel tank skid plate upgrades are needed, Stock rear bumpers don't hold up

The Bronco safari is a good time ! I will be there too

Very Cool @tcinu2 .

Again?,,, Like maybe Alot?
We are looking for 1st hand Knowledgeable Moab Trail Specific Trail Bosses.

About your Skidplate,
@silver70 has an "Excellent" product Available now.

Here is the "Link"

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...kid-plate.html

Later,
Dragon
itwasFREE!!!! and CainsBigRed like this.
post #58 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 10:26 AM

Bronco Info: 92 Bronco on 35 tires with solid axel swap with a Duff parts.
Garage
Dragon, you posted quite a bit of information and a calendar showing the dates other clubs will be invading Moab. On the calendar there was also dates for the FSB invitation.

Could this possibly mean that you are taking lead on the planning of the dates for this endeavor.
@White Dragon

Train today for tomorrow's unknown!
post #59 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Charlie don't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
would love to do this..ideally driving my rig round trip..

2067 miles..figure about 620 gallons of gas for the road and another 60 for trail riding..

mechanically I'm confident the Bronco can make it..it's the 30 hours on the road I'm not so sure of..At a minimum I'd have to take at least 2 full days of driving each way..probably 3 if I stop over night at some point..talking almost 6 days on the road..I consider myself pretty hard core, but that's pushing my limits..

might be easier if I had the Bronco trailered out ahead of time then went to meet it...

post #60 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 11:25 AM
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1551 View Post
Dragon, you posted quite a bit of information and a calendar showing the dates other clubs will be invading Moab. On the calendar there was also dates for the FSB invitation.

Could this possibly mean that you are taking lead on the planning of the dates for this endeavor.
@White Dragon

Hi @Blue1551 ,

I would not say "Taking the Lead" as @deathmobile2 "Planted the Seed" on this.
so, to me it is more like trying to help out with coordinating and organizing this Adventure.

There is just something about a whole "Herd of Fullsizers" that gets me goin'...

Later,
Dragon
BigBlue 94, itwasFREE!!!! and Axl like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Mountain States Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode