Full Size FSB Invasion 2019 - Page 39 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want an invasion sticker ?
Yes 14 77.78%
No 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

1146Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #761 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:14 AM
-----------------

Bronco Info: '96 XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOille View Post
Normally all groups meet at the Moab Rim Campark before heading out, that sounds easy to me. But Iím okay with giving my number out to you guys that will be there so we can coordinate things over phone/text if you are on the opposite side of town or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue 94 View Post
I have no issues giving my number out to guys there, plus some have the CBs and walkies.

So with most Registering with the "Bronco Safari",
Rallying at the Moab Rim Campark - Safari HQ
makes Perfect sense for the Event. (Daily)

BUT,
with the Pre-Event & Independent trail runs,
You guys might start PM'ing each other now with your digits.
(Don't post them out in the "Open")

Later,
Dragon

Do You want to Participate in the 2019 Moab "Full Size Bronco Invasion" ??? Looky Here, https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...on-2019-a.html

Here is the "Planning & Info Only Link", https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...info-only.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #762 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOille View Post
Normally all groups meet at the Moab Rim Campark before heading out, that sounds easy to me. But I’m okay with giving my number out to you guys that will be there so we can coordinate things over phone/text if you are on the opposite side of town or something
That works, just figure if things like a trail ride or something comes up last minute or a break down its a way to let everyone know.
White Dragon likes this.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #763 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
You guys might start PM'ing each other now with your digits.
(Don't post them out in the "Open")

Later,
Dragon
867-5309

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #764 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:04 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1995 EB 302, E40D auto trans, 4.11 grs, locker on rear diff. man. hubs, 3' body lift, 35" Toyo tires
Garage
So, I guess BigBlue's real name is Jenny !!!!

BigBlue 94 and White Dragon like this.

2nd: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Kenneth
post #765 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Shadow: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints D60 rear/Detroit 4wheel disc,35" KO2's, 4.56...
Garage
hey all I just sent out a couple of PMs to the list except for @tcinu2, to try and compile a number/contact list. tcinu2s name did not populate???
White Dragon likes this.

Always topless

Shadow: 95XLT
Wileec: Sold
post #766 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileec View Post
hey all I just sent out a couple of PMs to the list except for @tcinu2, to try and compile a number/contact list. tcinu2s name did not populate???
Just found him, tcinu2 is now @LVSteve
White Dragon likes this.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #767 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:49 PM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 400/C6/NP205, 9" rear, Dana 44 front
Quote:
"DISLIKE"
Yes, agreed. DISLIKE for my own comment for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmobile2 View Post
Looks like the 78/79 guys will have to have their own thing at this rate!
Right?! Maybe itís because our rigs are the oldest?? Iím extra bummed because I was getting through my pre-Moab list and probably going to be able to take the Bronco.
BigBlue 94 likes this.
post #768 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:12 PM
-----------------

Quote:
Just found him, tcinu2 is now @LVSteve

Ohhhhh, Now that makes sense....

When @LVSteve posted being unable to attend,
I was like What? - Who dat?
I didn't have an lvsteve on any of my lists...
(But I still wanna wheel with and check out that fine rig sometime...)

Rig count now 18.

Later,
Dragon

Do You want to Participate in the 2019 Moab "Full Size Bronco Invasion" ??? Looky Here, https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...on-2019-a.html

Here is the "Planning & Info Only Link", https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...info-only.html
post #769 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:51 AM
-----------------

Oh yeah, speaking of "Steves"

the last time I spoke with @[email protected]
he said he would "Reach Out" to the folks at Sexton Racing
so they could bring some more FullSize Parts for our rigs.

I been so caught up in my stuff that I Forgot to tell you guys..

Later,
Dragon

BigBlue 94 likes this.

post #770 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:12 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Shadow: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints D60 rear/Detroit 4wheel disc,35" KO2's, 4.56...
Garage
I have 11 PMs some with emails all with numbers. Once I get them all I will text the list to everyone

@95bronco460
@Bruners4
@raleigh
@stan the man
@jfourdyce
@not a jeep
@LVSteve

No reply yet

Always topless

post #771 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:01 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
I think I'm almost ready, few more things to do, parts should be here for that this week, think i have all my spare parts together and tools and stuff. I hope to have everything squared away this week and I'll park it until the following Saturday when i roll out. Called and check my reservation at arkveiw and added a day since I'm shooting to get there Monday rather than Tuesday. This will be an adventure for sure.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #772 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:01 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
Replied to PM. Leaving Flagstaff Thursday morning, should be in Moab early afternoon. New ProtoFab 4x$ rear bumper and Overhaulin' Soft Top support delivered to powder coat guy on Thursday. Hope to have them to install by Easter weekend. OBA is here, need to get it installed and ready to go. Truck is at the Ford dealer getting an oil change now.
White Dragon and Lil' Red like this.
post #773 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:16 PM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent one View Post
I think I'm almost ready, few more things to do, parts should be here for that this week, think i have all my spare parts together and tools and stuff. I hope to have everything squared away this week and I'll park it until the following Saturday when i roll out. Called and check my reservation at arkveiw and added a day since I'm shooting to get there Monday rather than Tuesday. This will be an adventure for sure.
I need to add another day too...
White Dragon likes this.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #774 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:12 PM

When we first went a few years ago we left Tuesday morning so we would be there Wednesday the start of the safari and on the way home from that first trip we realized how dumb we are for not spending enough time there and since then we head out Saturday just to get the few extra days in moab, you always want that extra day there.
post #775 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Just bought two Invasion stickers from @RichG 's FSB store

RichG's FSB STORE

Procedes go to help veterans get into the offroading world with trips and events. Rich essentially makes next to nothing on this, and has many hours of work in these designs. Help support your Bronco Brothers and those who fight for your opportunity to build broncos!
White Dragon likes this.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #776 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1995 EB 302, E40D auto trans, 4.11 grs, locker on rear diff. man. hubs, 3' body lift, 35" Toyo tires
Garage
I feel somewhat foolish mentioning this, but I would rather feel foolish instead of someone finding out about this the hard way. I would expect anyone that is capable of turning wrenches and doing the upkeep on our rigs probably already knows about this, but again, better to mention it than someone getting surprised.

For those that are going over the mountains in Colorado to get to Moab, please be aware, if you are driving a vehicle with a carburetor and try to cross the mountains you will most likely make it 3/4 of the way up and find your vehicle die on you at a certain altitude. Carburetor jets have to be changed out to operate at higher altitudes. Fuel injected engines are not burdened by this. The O2 sensors in a fuel injection engines automatically adjust the fuel mixture to operate at any altitude.

I bring this up because back in 2014 my wife and I went out west on a road trip and saw some vehicles stalled on the side of the interstate and realized what had happened to them. If you don't have smaller jets on hand to reduce the fuel flow, you will never get your vehicle started back up until you head back down the mountain to thicker air.

I would hate to see a fellow FSB member stranded on the roadside with no way to get over the mountain.....

2nd: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Kenneth
post #777 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:03 AM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by klh95bronco View Post
I feel somewhat foolish mentioning this, but I would rather feel foolish instead of someone finding out about this the hard way. I would expect anyone that is capable of turning wrenches and doing the upkeep on our rigs probably already knows about this, but again, better to mention it than someone getting surprised.

For those that are going over the mountains in Colorado to get to Moab, please be aware, if you are driving a vehicle with a carburetor and try to cross the mountains you will most likely make it 3/4 of the way up and find your vehicle die on you at a certain altitude. Carburetor jets have to be changed out to operate at higher altitudes. Fuel injected engines are not burdened by this. The O2 sensors in a fuel injection engines automatically adjust the fuel mixture to operate at any altitude.

I bring this up because back in 2014 my wife and I went out west on a road trip and saw some vehicles stalled on the side of the interstate and realized what had happened to them. If you don't have smaller jets on hand to reduce the fuel flow, you will never get your vehicle started back up until you head back down the mountain to thicker air.

I would hate to see a fellow FSB member stranded on the roadside with no way to get over the mountain.....

I'm bringing my entire box of holley carb parts lol. Jets, squirters, cams, floats, etc etc. I will say that I70 is relatively flat, compared to the mountain passes and such.

Odd tie in story. My bronco came from Colorado Springs. I know it was run hard by the amount of dirt caked to the undercarriage, in the wire looms, and two dried cacti I found. I bought it and it ran well down here at 1000 feet without changing a thing. Now its all different though, new engine and carb.

And on a similar note. While we arent going to be super high up, altitude sickness can set in even at 5000 feet. Above 9000 it can be very easy to catch. Know the symptoms and remember to stay hydrated and well fed. Many places (even gas stations) out there sell small canisters of Aviation Oxygen (not medical grade) that can really help too. If you feel the onset coming, the best thing to do is get to lower elevation. Even a few hundred feet can make a difference.
White Dragon likes this.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #778 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:37 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
So I got an email with a Safari welcome letter, and a trail list .... not sure if you want to add this @White Dragon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019 Welcome Letter and General Info-1.pdf (356.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf Trail List 2019.pdf (42.4 KB, 8 views)
White Dragon likes this.
post #779 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:07 AM
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quader1 View Post
So I got an email with a Safari welcome letter, and a trail list .... not sure if you want to add this @White Dragon

Very Cool @Quader1 .

I'll just leave it here for All to review & Print at their Leisure.
(too much in the Info thread can be confusing.)

Thank You for Sharing.

It's Really Good to see you back in Action.

Later,
Dragon

post #780 of 796 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:49 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
I just sent a PM to our list of attendees with a link to a google doc. Please let me know if you cannot get there. Also if your info is not there please add it. I was trying to send it via text but could not figure it out. I thought it would be nice to have the names and numbers available easily on phones?

Always topless

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Mountain States Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode