Full Size FSB Invasion 2019 - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want an invasion sticker ?
Yes 16 80.00%
No 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

1993Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 11:43 AM
--------------

Bronco Info: '96 XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermil01 View Post
would love to do this..ideally driving my rig round trip..

2067 miles..figure about 620 gallons of gas for the road and another 60 for trail riding..

mechanically I'm confident the Bronco can make it..it's the 30 hours on the road I'm not so sure of..At a minimum I'd have to take at least 2 full days of driving each way..probably 3 if I stop over night at some point..talking almost 6 days on the road..I consider myself pretty hard core, but that's pushing my limits..

might be easier if I had the Bronco trailered out ahead of time then went to meet it...

We would love to see You & Every other Fullsizer in the "World" at Moab @jermil01
Maybe a "Bronco Convoy" is sounding a little Better for some or, Maybe even a Multi Rig Trailer Convoy???

The Trails will Accommodate All Broncos from Street Stock to Heavy Hitters.

Hope you Can make it.
Dragon
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 12:45 PM
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
Your interest in Participating sounds great @Blue1551

FYI
There will be a "Poll" coming out soon to try and "Narrow Down" the possible dates of the FSB Invasion.
People will be coming from all 4 Corners of the Country to attend this. (So far, NY, Va, Ga, Co, Az + ???)

Nobody wants to Wheel around the Jeeps. (Easter Week & Labor Day in Sept)
While some wouldn't mind going with the Early Broncos the Towns Resources can only bear so many people,
Plus this is all about the "Full Size Bronco".

So Far, 2 Dates "On the Table",

@Bronco Logic - September.
@Blue1551 - May.

Later,
Dragon
Adjustment,
@deathmobile2 - Bronco Safari date.

Later,
Dragon
post #63 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 08:14 PM
Sayulita Layta!

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Blazer. Lifted, locked, and loaded. Where's the Zombies?
Depending on dates, I could be in. EJS might be a bit too crowded and expensive to have a good time with. @White Dragon mentioned April 30 - May 4, which could put us in great weather and not so backed up trails.

California Bay Area off road UC4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 09:20 PM
--------------

Hello there, @stan the man

Got it, 1 more inputting for the 1st week of May.
(there will be a Poll about Dates coming out soon)?

I Agree about the Weather, crowds vs Expense and Trail Traffic.

We will see what "Shakes Out" as time go on.
still 9 to 15 mo away.

When @deathmobile2 and the Others check back in we can see more of "What What".

Glad to hear You are Interested as well.

Later,
Dragon
post #65 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 11:53 AM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT Sport 96 427w/e4od obd II Long tube's Solo stage 4 with Kings 35's & 4.88 Turetracs. RWHP/TQ
There is a large UTV event in May also
May 14th-18th
https://rallyontherocks.com
White Dragon likes this.
post #66 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 12:27 PM
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcinu2 View Post
There is a large UTV event in May also
May 14th-18th
https://rallyontherocks.com

Thank You Sir,

Event Dates Added to Calendar.

Later,
Dragon
post #67 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 05:54 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Wheeew Weee, Anybody else get the impression @White Dragon is GOING to Moab? Looks like he has been busy putting together some serious well thought out details for us all! Thanks for the detailed input Sir, are you sure you don't run a travel agency??? Wait do you work fur Parks and Recs??? Ill add some as well, there are 3 State Parks in Moab, one of them being Arches National Park, in fact it also has a 4wd trail that takes you to another arch that you cant see from the road. Its a mild trail we did it in 4high, just because of the sandy spots and little hill climbs. There is plenty to do in and around the City other than wheelin. Thanks for all your doing @White Dragon .

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln
Welcome to our Addiction, where counseling consist of admitting the problem is you and your Bronco is the Cure!
Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
post #68 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 07:16 PM
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasFREE!!!! View Post
Wheeew Weee, Anybody else get the impression @White Dragon is GOING to Moab? Looks like he has been busy putting together some serious well thought out details for us all! Thanks for the detailed input Sir, are you sure you don't run a travel agency??? Wait do you work fur Parks and Recs??? Ill add some as well, there are 3 State Parks in Moab, one of them being Arches National Park, in fact it also has a 4wd trail that takes you to another arch that you cant see from the road. Its a mild trail we did it in 4high, just because of the sandy spots and little hill climbs. There is plenty to do in and around the City other than wheelin. Thanks for all your doing @White Dragon .

LoL,
Your 2nd Sentence nut shells it from my standpoint - "Broncos ALL"...

Funny you mentioned "Arches National Park" as it is one of the areas i have been looking at for a "easy run".
It has like 6 Trails intersecting for an All Day "Through Track",
Did you know that there are some Dinosaurs tracks on Willow Springs rd.? (I just think that is so Cool)

Kinda waiting on Input from the "Leadership" for Dates tho'.

Later,
Dragon
post #69 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 09:07 AM
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmobile2 View Post
I really want to do Moab and the full size invasion seems like the right time to do it. I could go with the Early Broncos and I always enjoy my time with them on the East Coast, but I would like to run with full sizes out in Moab.

The 2019 Full Size Invasion takes place 13-21 April alongside the Easter Jeep Safari.

It is a 4000 mile round trip for me, so I will be looking to trailer at least part of the way. Besides the roar of MTRs, at 8-9 MPG, that is a lot of gas and wear & tear!

It would be great to get a group of 8-10 FSB's of different flavors out there - I think FSB's could be the next big thing if folks could see what a great platform they are.

Who would be interested?

@Bronco Logic
@silent one
@Quader1 @itwasFREE!!!!

Well @deathmobile2 see what you've started?

Interested Parties so far by sequence of Posted Interest, (12+)

YOU - @Quader1 @itwasFREE!!!! @Bronco Logic @White Dragon @raleigh @silent one @Rodan @Blue1551
@Hillbilly Heaven @sackman9975 @tcinu2 @stan the man

Kinda Maybes',,,,
@wileec @BigBlue 94 @jermil01

And that's not counting the Members I been "Pimpin' at" and those who have not responded yet.
(I Know there ARE Others)

The Seed is Growing.
itwasFREE!!!! and sackman9975 like this.
post #70 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1978 XLT Ranger; 400, AT, 37" MTR's,4.88's & Lockers,5" Deavers, No Rust & No Knicknacks!
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
Well @deathmobile2 see what you've started?

Interested Parties so far by sequence of Posted Interest, (12+)

YOU - @Quader1 @itwasFREE!!!! @Bronco Logic @White Dragon @raleigh @silent one @Rodan @Blue1551
@Hillbilly Heaven @sackman9975 @tcinu2 @stan the man

Kinda Maybes',,,,
@wileec @BigBlue 94 @jermil01

And that's not counting the Members I been "Pimpin' at" and those who have not responded yet.

(I Know there ARE Others)

The Seed is Growing.

Awesome! Need to get our rigs ready! After last week, I have a whole new list of stuff to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

post #71 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 09:35 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco
Am I correct in that Full Size invasion occurs at the same time as Easter Jeep Safari? That is crazy if it does.
We would not stick out in that big of a crowd. We would be lost in a sea of Jeeps, Dodges, Chevys.

Better for us to go during the Bronco Safari. If we try to stick together as a group then we are going to be noticed rather than us scattered in a bunch of EBs. I know everyone has their own thing they want to do, so it may be best to organize daily events, like days by trail difficulty. Even if you don't want to do the difficult trails, I am sure folks will have empty seats for ride alongs.
post #72 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
DAMNIT you have nearly talked me into it @White Dragon . Mmmmm 1500 plus miles with a non OD manual trans, no cruise control, and no A.C.... Now that's dedication to the cause!

I know there's gotta be at least one bronco in CO that could make it. There's tons of FSBers over there where the GRASS is greener. I talking to you @Scoop @bmad01 @wheelin'78

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #73 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 10:03 AM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Id rather be out there when no other groups are scheduled. Should make for a more relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Does everyone have a CB radio? That makes convoy trips a whole lot more fun and easy to say hey, I gotta piss.

Here I am making plans and I don't even have an engine in my bronco lol

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #74 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1978 XLT Ranger; 400, AT, 37" MTR's,4.88's & Lockers,5" Deavers, No Rust & No Knicknacks!
Garage
I prefer Bronco Safari. I have CB, but will be moving to rugged radios for better range, clarity, etc.

post #75 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 11:01 AM

Better idea than Rugged Radios.

Most overlanders and even those on the trails are making the change to GMRS. It is quieter and much longer range. Radios are not expensive.
Midland USA makes the most cost effective GMRS radios. These are not your cheap blister pack radios.
If you want a mounted radio with the most range and power allowed by law then the MicroMobile series is perfect.
https://midlandusa.com/micromobile/

If you don't want to mount a radio or trying to get by spending less then the GXT1050VP4 is the perfect handheld. Has more power and range than any other handhelds. I hate the camo but one hell of a radio.
https://midlandusa.com/product/gxt1050vp4/

Most of the people I know that are using them usually go with a mobile unit and a handheld or two. Handheld makes it easier to hear the spotter. Also handy if someone in the group wants to wander off.

If anyone is interested I will look and see if there is a current discount coupon code. MidlandUSA is a vendor on Expedition Portal and is always posting discounts.
post #76 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 11:47 AM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Heaven View Post
Better idea than Rugged Radios.

Most overlanders and even those on the trails are making the change to GMRS. It is quieter and much longer range. Radios are not expensive.
Midland USA makes the most cost effective GMRS radios. These are not your cheap blister pack radios.
If you want a mounted radio with the most range and power allowed by law then the MicroMobile series is perfect.
https://midlandusa.com/micromobile/

If you don't want to mount a radio or trying to get by spending less then the GXT1050VP4 is the perfect handheld. Has more power and range than any other handhelds. I hate the camo but one hell of a radio.
https://midlandusa.com/product/gxt1050vp4/

Most of the people I know that are using them usually go with a mobile unit and a handheld or two. Handheld makes it easier to hear the spotter. Also handy if someone in the group wants to wander off.

If anyone is interested I will look and see if there is a current discount coupon code. MidlandUSA is a vendor on Expedition Portal and is always posting discounts.
I've got a pair of those camo ones that are gmrs I believe. I'll have both those and CB.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #77 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 12:42 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2017

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
Looking at dates and weather (thank you @White Dragon ) and trying to stay away from other events as prices sky rocket when these big events are
in town if you can find a place to stay. I would suggest NOT going June, July, and August. Here in Arizona these would be no problem when itís
hot out but our friends that are coming from the east are not as adjusted to the heat (including the BKOís ) and in these three months are pushing
100 degrees as highs.

I think for planning purposes more people may be able to go if we try for something in September giving more folks more time to plan/save/upgrade
and there donít seem to be too much going on. Also maybe make the invasion in a 9 day span say from a Saturday till the following Sunday for instance.
I only say this to make it more doable for some. I would probably Leave on a Friday and stay till Like Thursday or Friday but some for instance may
want to come in on a Monday and stay till Sunday Ö Leaving more open to get as many FSBís as we can.

These are some of my thoughts anyway.

A couple that have been mentioned but havenít chimed in yet I think have a good chance of going is @cstrike @1clean5.8 what say you guys ??
post #78 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
Bah if ya can't handle the heat, stay outta the badlands! But wheeling in 75į temps is much easier on us and the rigs. I for one will only need a patch of dirt to stay. Tent camping all the way.

What's the fire restrictions out there? Gotta have my cowboy coffee.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #79 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 05:02 PM

That is why they invented stainless percolator and propane stoves LOL
Is 36 cups enough?? BRING BACON!!
https://www.amazon.com/GSI-Outdoors-.../dp/B000E304MM
BigBlue 94 and White Dragon like this.
post #80 of 1128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 05:31 PM

Bronco Info: 86 XLT 351 HO, Holley 650, 3" Exhaust, 6L Up, 265/75R16 Dirt Commanders, & 85 302 EFI, AOD, 6L Up
Garage
Hmmmmmm

When you have to shoot, shoot - don't talk.
https://binged.it/2LnJaeA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Mountain States Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode