NJ Trail Rides - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 2008 F150 XLT, 1978 Ranger XLT
NJ Trail Rides

I know the recent weather sucks but any trail rides coming up in the southern part of NJ? A few months back there were a few guys meeting at the Pic and hitting the trails.

1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
2008 F150 XLT 60th Anniversary edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 06:35 PM

Bronco Info: f150
Where about do you ride? I used to trail ride near atco and down near the offices where they let you go in (can't think of the name , right off of 206) but now we got bigger trucks. If you know of any spots where there is some decent mud and the trails aren't crazy tight I'd head down there when I'm done with my sas
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Atco area, Wharton, some of the areas we hunt. I don't know a lot of areas thats why I was looking to hook up with some guys that know the areas a little better. Nothing radical. My bronco has stock suspension until I fins the time to install the 6" rough country lift. Really looking to do some riding and check out the areas.

A few months back several guys were meeting up at the Pic-A-Lilly Inn and hitting the trails. From the posts it seemed like great times so I was hopng they would be going again so I could tag along. I guess we'll see how it goes. Maybe some rides are coming up.

1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 10:02 PM

Have a feeling my truck will be a little big for trail riding most of that area but I'll be looking for some more open areas wit a little more mud down there if you find any bigger trails I'd come ride with you
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 PM

Bronco Info: 96 ford bronco 351w e4od BW1356 4:10 gears 33X12.50x15 mud claws
im worrking on getting my bronco lifted ive been crazy busy, i hope to be hitting the trails in agust by the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslax04 View Post
yeah the pitman arm is a dirty whore...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRONCONUT View Post
It makes my weenie bigger Steve
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 PM

at the rate Im moving now I should be able to get back offroad by august too, and by that point ill definately be itching to go
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

I'm up for a trip. Let me know. Looking forward to meeting some fellow FSB and hitting the trails. Haven't had time to install my lift but I think the bronc will do ok.

1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 03:01 PM

Used to offroad stock trucks out there never got stuck or anything youd be fine
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 05:31 AM

Bronco Info: 94 Bronco XLT, fully built 5.8 ford lighting engine swap with lighting 5sp transmission 8in on 38s
I'm looking to put together a trail ride through the sj area around the end if July, there will be a little bit of everything cause I know where there is tons of deep mud but my buddies from central Jersey 4x4 are coming out with there Jeeps their gonna want to hit done rock and hill climbs (all with plenty of holes in the same area) ill make sure I post up more details once I get my new 38s and sas on next weekend!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 05:33 AM

Bronco Info: 94 Bronco XLT, fully built 5.8 ford lighting engine swap with lighting 5sp transmission 8in on 38s
And if anyone in the sj area ever needs some help doing lifts or anything pm me i'm always down to help out any fsb guys
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
yo,
Trail runs in Wharton may be off for awhile;
WATERFORD TWP., N.J. - July 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- More than 220 acres have burned in a fire at the Wharton State Forest in the New Jersey Pinelands.

Officials told Action News overnight that they have snags in the high trees and smoke that they are watching. They don't want to say the fire is contained just yet, but say they have a pretty good handle on things.

Related Photos

Forest fire in New Jersey Pinelands
View all 7 photosThe fire was sparked at 4:00 p.m. Thursday in the area of Raritan Road in Waterford Township, along the border of Camden and Atlantic counties.

Officials say the blaze is not threatening any people or structures.

The cause is under investigation.

===

There is a growing trend in Pineland comminities to have zero tolerance for ATV,s. and 4x4 off-roading; although this recent fire is small as compared to previous fires, local govts are taking notice and have been placing Jersey Barriers /"no trespassing" signs and even spending $ on fencing. across many local access points South of Wharton/Atco and Hammonton area to East and South.

Last good natural pine lake fishing hole w/ small trail is now fenced off; more barriers going up when some cut through brush or even chop down trees.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please Participate & VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests[/B] @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Altland View Post
And if anyone in the sj area ever needs some help doing lifts or anything pm me i'm always down to help out any fsb guys
Definitely looking forward to some wheeling and meeting new friends. I have a 6" rough country lift waiting to get installed.Any help would be awesome.

1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 07:35 PM

now this thread is finally getting some where, and to ERIK, what sas do you have going on, hopefully next week Ill be starting to put the d44 on my f150 im working on the rear now, if I run into trouble I would love to meet up with some other guys who have done the swap already
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 AM
hec

Bronco Info: 87 ranger with 73 bronco dana 44 79 bronco radius arms
If I am not doing anything when u have this I will bring my ranger out always good to meet new people
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 PM

im sure we could go wheeling more then once any way

any of you guys have 35-37" mud tires for a 16" rim you would want to sell? Ill be looking soon
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Im a big wheeler in the SJ wharton area and im just getting on here to tell everyone planning on going out or that wheels in this area often to lay low for a while, some trucks got destroyed, people burning matresses and some kid getting beat half to death and left to die has the rangers out in full force and they arnt messing around at all right now! i will be posting up updates as i get them as i know a couple of the rangers, also stay away from the quarter mile batsto and water road areas, rangers have shut it down until further notice, 4000$ fine and immediate truck impoundment if your caught in the area without a specific permit authorized y the ranger station on 206! and questions or concerns PM me ill do my best to answer any questions
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 PM

rclark12 im putting a d44 high pinion out of a 79 with 4.56 gears, chromale axles, and 8in custom coilovers, then my 9in rear is going in and i am 4linking my bronco with the same 8in coilovers all the way around
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Altland View Post
Im a big wheeler in the SJ wharton area and im just getting on here to tell everyone planning on going out or that wheels in this area often to lay low for a while, some trucks got destroyed, people burning matresses and some kid getting beat half to death and left to die has the rangers out in full force and they arnt messing around at all right now! i will be posting up updates as i get them as i know a couple of the rangers, also stay away from the quarter mile batsto and water road areas, rangers have shut it down until further notice, 4000$ fine and immediate truck impoundment if your caught in the area without a specific permit authorized y the ranger station on 206! and questions or concerns PM me ill do my best to answer any questions
WTF really? Thats crazy.Haven't heard any of that. Hunting season is coming up too. If the rangers are going nuts that should be a problem too.

Are there other areas to try out?I'd like to give my bronco agoand see what it can do. Also interested in meeting up with some other FSB members. Looking for upgrade ideas for thw '88.

Keep us informed.

1978 Bronco Ranger XLT
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 11:55 PM

They there really cracking down it sucks, there's a couple spots around medford and so that are real good and barely wheeled other than that I've been sticking to private property. I hunt to and they always leave you alone if they see your out hunting and not bombing trails and swamping your truck.

As far as ideas for your 88 I can give you a million haha I just dropped a lightning engine and 5 speed Trans both fully built with 418HP to the tires and I'm in the process of doing my straight axle now, hoping to have it done for wheeling Saturday night
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Dee

Bronco Info: 94 C350 7.3 IDIt
Garage
Any updates? If I can't sell the 2 door, might as well see what it can do hee hee

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Northeast Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode