Thread: My F250
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
reptillikus
ate lug

Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
Garage
Thanks

Water Injection Update: it is amazing. I consumed almost 20 gallons towing the bronco to VA, however I was loaded way heaver then I normally am, and that was with the cruise set at 65 for the whole trip. It works amazing, I was tuning it on the way down, and found at 100% duty cycle, it will drop my EGTs from 1200 to 900 in ~ 30 seconds That's going up hill, at 65mph. Yeah, it works awesome. Of course, tuned that high consumes a ton of water, so I throttled it back a bit for the ride home. But yeah, awesome. Being able to tune it on the fly with the CMGS was awesome, it would've been a major pita to pull over after every hill to adjust a manual boost switch until I found a setting I liked.

Ok, next project. Started this one before my trip, didn't get to finish till this week. Damn rain & humidity delayed me as well, but theyre done.

So I bought a piece of 2*3, .250 wall, 16' long, at the scrap steel yard for $50. So I decided to make some steps for the diesel.

Looking at fitment

Deciding where to cut them off at

Cut down

Basic idea

Has to fit around bolt for fender

Both cut, notches to clear fender bolt closed in

Mocking up legs

All welded up

...and bolted to frame

Next up, steps

...and for the finishing touch, 2" grip tape.

I know its not ideal for a rock crawler to have that step hanging down, but this thing only gets wheeled if we need a trailer offroad, so it shouldnt be an issue, and they definitely make it easier for my vertically-challenged wife to get in & out

88bronco: web / FSB || 96 bronco: web / FSB || 96 F250: web / FSB

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome