HUH? NASCAR Cooties? - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Bronco Info: '89 EB, 45K coil, F250 springs, CatCo, ProForce, duals, 9mm wires, Warn hubs, rust free tailgate
HUH? NASCAR Cooties?

I'm not believing this...
(snip)

What gives with House staffers getting immunizations for hepatitis, diphtheria, and influenza before going to NASCAR races? The issue comes to us courtesy Rep. Robin Hayes (R-NC), who wrote to the House Committee on Homeland Security yesterday asking why four of their staffers were immunized before attending a race in his hometown of Concord and in Talledega, Alabama. "I have never heard of immunizations for domestic travel, and as the Representative for Concord, NC, I feel compelled to ask why the heck the committee feels that immunizations are needed to travel to my hometown?" Hayes wrote to committee chair Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS).

Thompson responds in a letter that committee staff are often visiting "hospitals, holding areas, and similar locations," and were in fact doing so "at or near these venues...

(snip)

Your humble congressional reporter's [NBC's Mike Viqueira] e-mail has been inundated this morning with messages from GOP staffers eager to advance the notion that Democrats, who run the committee, are unduly worried about catching something nasty from red-blooded Americans at NASCAR races.

(snip)
...I guess we'll find out the real truth when the Democrats crowd their national convention...

Then again, I guess there's not much left after Media Mutters and Moron.org...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Explorer driving

Bronco Info: '97 Explorer Sport 4x4
It's amazing we pay people like Bennie Thompson. He's probably just mad cause there are no black drivers in NASCAR nor is there a track in Mississippi.

A sharp tongue can cut your own throat.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Bronco Info: '89 EB, 45K coil, F250 springs, CatCo, ProForce, duals, 9mm wires, Warn hubs, rust free tailgate
...and some more from McClatchy Newspapers...
(snip)

"Democrats should know that there is no preventive measure yet designed to ward off the blue-collar values and patriotism that NASCAR fans represent," said Linda Daves, the chairwoman of the North Carolina Republican Party. "If they aren't careful, they just might catch some of it."

(snip)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 01:13 PM

Bronco Info: '92 Custom 302 M5OD
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv View Post
...and some more from McClatchy Newspapers...
(snip)

"Democrats should know that there is no preventive measure yet designed to ward off the blue-collar values and patriotism that NASCAR fans represent," said Linda Daves, the chairwoman of the North Carolina Republican Party. "If they aren't careful, they just might catch some of it."

(snip)
Nice!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 01:42 PM
crank trigger

Bronco Info: 94 XL M5OD, 5.0, Ghetto K&N, 130A G3
what amazes me is the extremes partisans will go to just to throw mud at each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else > News, Politics and Special Interest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode