Ford Bronco Forum - View Single Post - The rescue of H6230 (96)
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Ghosteh
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '96 XLT 5.0L manual hubs, 4" Rancho lift, rock sliders, relocated shock mounts, original USBP vehicl
Garage
Well, I had a few idle days this week and decided to drive out to a salvage yard near my parent's house, looking for parts vehicles. I don't know if it was good luck or not, but I found 3 trucks with blue dashes, and since mine looked like a passenger put his foot through it, I thought it was time to replace it. I mean, it's not easy to find nice dashes (that's what I told myself to justify the work).

Here's what I started out with. Broken, just above the glove box, and the pad is all chewed up & has holes drilled in it. Plus, when I later took it apart, I found a lot of the plastic tabs not immediately visible, were cracked and broken.

First, this happened. The radio removal alone had me stumped for nearly an hour. (I've never worked on a Ford)

and I finished up the day with this:

Now I just have to decide if I should pull the dash in the junkyard, despite tomorrow's forecast of thunderstorms and heat.

Also bad planning... I left my windows down and can't roll them up tonight! lol! Guess I'll use plastic.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome